Newest Members
jake1985, cactus8, Neil Benesh, blazzeee, mmm coffee
13531 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
isol8er (46), omrfople (41), zookeeper (54)
Who's Online
2 registered (Ceremony, 1 invisible), 64 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
13,531 Registered Members
75 Forums
70,387 Topics
491,554 Posts

Most users ever online: 418 @ 07/02/12 11:29 AM
Twitter
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#132473 - 08/06/06 01:47 PM Re: Wanting to be a girl?
roadrunner Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Carlisle, PA
Ste,

Quote:
In my country, if you report that you were abused as a kid, you are automatically put on the sex offender register, because they dont know any better.
I have disclosed to my T and others in the UK that I was abused as a kid, and I can assure you I'm not on any sex offender register.

Do you mean that if you report to the police this happens? Are you sure? That would be an absolute outrage, and I would expect that survivor support groups would raise a shitstorm about it. Wouldn't the police themselves also oppose this? It would mean that NO survivor would ever report abuse to the authorities.

Much love,
Larry

This land was made for you and me.
(Woody Guthrie)

#132474 - 08/06/06 02:07 PM Re: Wanting to be a girl?
reality2k4 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Stuck between water, air, and ...
Sex offender laws and practice are far above the need for protective legislation.
The laws as they stand lead to many confusing situations, as the law does not even stand up to its statue.

So often laws are drafted to encapsulate whatever the authorities require it to be, and they can twist the law to suit their need, often breaking the basic habeous corpus rights of any individual.

I live in the UK, where this law gives authority the right to undermine even the most vulnerable in society 'children'.

I cannot be more specific in a public forum, but computers can hold information which is at worst 'wrong', but you have no control over what is put on these computers until you apply for a job or whatever.

A new computer system costing billions, is meant to share doctors records amongst other agencies, and it would lead to snooping on health records of individuals, including the 'sex lives' of children.

So far, this system has failed to work, as doctors refuse to comply with it, because it means that they have to spend a lot of time manually updating patients records.

We can use the one term here "likely to offend".
So, if a childs family report abuse of the child, then the child will have an automatic record of being "likely to offend", with them for life.

These multi agency computers are open to abuse, they are not the fail safe records that the health authorities hold.

Systems where a court would need to have been used to get information, can suddenly become open to agencies, who would merely need the right paperwork to access the records.

This information is readily available to anybody who can hack into any system which shares information on the internet.

ste

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  ModTeam, peroperic2009 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.