Newest Members
mmm coffee, Calibre09, FallGuy2154, Whoamitoday, Joe4618
13527 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Broken1968 (49), frankC (64), Free to be Me (63), ivor1986 (31), ivor_1987 (31), osujtp (2017), SeanTennessee (38), Shields (40), tresheridas (76)
Who's Online
4 registered (iaccus, LinEar, house, 1 invisible), 70 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
13,527 Registered Members
75 Forums
70,358 Topics
491,339 Posts

Most users ever online: 418 @ 07/02/12 11:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#125560 - 03/08/06 02:17 AM TFT
Pollyanna Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Missouri
Anybody heard of Thought Field Therapy? Someone brought it to my attention a couple days ago, and said it was extremely helpful for lots of things. I don't know if it has any cautions, like "don't use if..." suggestions. Any info would be appreciated.

Hugs,
Lynn

Anne Lamott

#125561 - 03/08/06 05:49 AM Re: TFT
relaxingpiano Offline

Loc: Miami FL
Yes I have used it a little on myself. The person that I see for "somatic therapy" has used it on me during some of my sessions. It is simple and powerful. I dont' know about the precautions but can't think of any right off either. It is a pretty safe thing I believe. That is my opinion of course. I encourage you to check it out and read more about it.

Don

http://www.donshetterly.com

#125562 - 03/08/06 05:49 AM Re: TFT
roadrunner Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Carlisle, PA
Lynn,

Frankly, I haven't a clue what this is. Do you have any further details? Or does someone else?

Much love,
Larry

This land was made for you and me.
(Woody Guthrie)

#125563 - 03/08/06 05:51 AM Re: TFT
relaxingpiano Offline

Here is a good link to the site for TFT or Thought Field Therapy

http://www.tftrx.com/

#125564 - 03/08/06 05:58 AM Re: TFT
roadrunner Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Carlisle, PA
Don,

Thanks a lot. I will look at this in the morning and perhaps get back to you.

Larry

This land was made for you and me.
(Woody Guthrie)

#125565 - 03/08/06 08:46 AM Re: TFT
Pollyanna Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Missouri
Hey Thanks Don...

I have a book on it's way from Amazon. I know to some people it may sound like "hocus pocus", but my favorite doc does a lot of testing with technics that sound like they are kinda related, or at least operate on the same principles. I KNOW those work. I have seen it too many times to doubt. So, I'm excited to learn more about this. Sounds like it has been effective for you, which is awesome. I love love love to hear when things work.

I'm stubborn enough to believe that for every problem, there are answers...solutions. Hopefully, one is in here waiting for me to find it!

Thanks, hugs,
Lynn

Anne Lamott

#125566 - 03/09/06 08:04 AM Re: TFT
relaxingpiano Offline

Lynn,
I'm like you. I have to be convinced but deep down inside I know that there are many things out there that when they come together, they can help our healing. In the somatic therapy I'm doing, I'm learning more and more just how much is out there and how powerful it is.

And I believe the answers lie within us... There are answers...you are so correct.

I'll give you one example of how I used this and it had a profound effect on me. I was on the way to do a massage at a clinic/spa location. The person requested deep tissue which is not one of my specialities so I was reluctant. After telling the spa director that I did "medium or light" touch deep pressure, the client was fine with that. But I was still so worried. And worried and anxious to the point that I was shaking in my car and sweating .. you know the anxiety attack stuff. I didn't think I was going to make it there.

So I started repeating the three lines out to myself as best as I could remember how to do it and started tapping on my one hand like it shows to do. It was almost immediate that I began to calm down and feel more centered and grounded. By the time I got to the place to do this, I was ready to work with the client and more confident I could do it. In the end the client loved exactly what I did and it wasn't anywhere near deep tissue work that I thought she wanted when they called.

But the TFT technique helped me calm myself down long enough to center and ground myself so I could do this. I don't use it alot but we do use it when I'm in the midst of anxiety type situations and can't seem to mentally find the way through. It helps reinforce the good things that my brain struggles to connect with.

And again, I believe it is just one of many tools that we can use to help heal ourselves.

Don

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.