Newest Members
Bardock, TylerZ, PhilUK, tobefree151, firethatwounds
13333 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Joshua7723 (40), Lenny (46), lobenos (42), Navi7 (35), redsox046 (26), stompy (52)
Who's Online
1 registered (rolex), 20 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
13,333 Registered Members
76 Forums
69,079 Topics
480,841 Posts

Most users ever online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Family and Friends
Jump to new posts Re: Trying not to let something bug me - and its dumb by HealingHope @ 02/18/17 03:43 PM

Hi wgu, I hear in those words how deeply you've reached into your heart and soul to make sense of your journey, your hopes and needs. Your first few lines summed up exactly my need too... for him to stay & not run away, for me to be by his side a
Books, Music & Films for Survivors
Jump to new posts "The Body Keeps the Score" by Ceremony @ 02/18/17 11:04 AM

The Science of How Our Mind... "The Body Keeps the Score" So, I ordered that book. This excerpt from that website link and Kevin making the recommendation is why I bought that book: Quote:In trauma survivors, Van der Kolk notes, the par
Spirituality and Survivors
Jump to new posts To Quit or to Keep Looking by onsolidground @ 02/17/17 11:56 PM

Okay, so I posted the following message to another post I came across this evening, but then realized the post was from roughly 6 years ago. The original thread discussed issues of not finding support in church. Not finding churches who would discuss
Spirituality and Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: churches by onsolidground @ 02/17/17 11:50 PM

I've only posted once on here, but I was looking through some posts this evening because I felt this urge to; and that's when I came across this. I'm really sorry to hear about your experiences, or lack thereof, in finding support through your loca
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Finding Me by Zappafan @ 02/17/17 05:38 PM

Some interesting changes I have noticed; - I'm starting to be able to emotionally detach from situations that would have normally enraged me, butting in line, road rage etc. It just seems less important - when I speak to people without my anger pre
Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Pet musings by Sterling @ 02/17/17 03:16 PM

I'm sorry i chuckled a little bit reading this. I painted a picture in my mind , where your dog looks at your cat " you keep this up , you will see what is coming at you" ! Anyway, sorry i needed this. Thanks. James
Sexual Identity Issues
Jump to new posts Re: Sexual triggers? Perhaps. Thoughts = for sure! by Ceremony @ 02/17/17 02:59 PM

I had a bit of a hard time over the holidays, which is to say, I knew I wrote this post but let it go. I'm grateful to all responses, the kindness and relating is immeasurably helpful. YutoG, your post brought this back to the top of "Active To
Sexual Identity Issues
Jump to new posts Re: I can't be gay by lumes48 @ 02/17/17 11:15 AM

I feel like I'm going in the opposite direction atm YutoG - from homo > hetero - and I too feel a lot of shame for it. I can't even explain why (it's not like being hetero is frowned upon...). So as much as I have no answers for what you're going
Poetry
Jump to new posts Re: Sad boy (trigger warning maybe) by lumes48 @ 02/17/17 10:27 AM

Love it (well, I love the way you've put it into poetry, I don't love the experiences you're talking about, quite the contrary). Hope you're doing ok dude
Poetry
Jump to new posts Re: Release the Fret by lumes48 @ 02/17/17 10:21 AM

Thanks dude. Let's hope so!
Sexual Identity Issues
Jump to new posts Re: So sure I was gay... by lumes48 @ 02/17/17 10:15 AM

Jesus... thank you all so much. Everything you've all said has been so helpful. If I'm honest, I've been avoiding coming back to this site because I felt I'd exposed too much of myself - I have a habit of, I guess, throwing myself in at the deep end
Male Survivors
Wow, very moving, Suwanee. Thanks for taking me back to my youth.
Yale Research Project
Jump to new posts Re: Fifth Discussion Board Question: Facilitators by 1islandboy @ 02/17/17 12:27 AM

Well...Notice that I haven't taken your complete survey, (nor do I plan to) but as you ask discussion board questions,one by one, I am answering them. Why is this so? A lot of us have emotional and physical disorders. So removing the barrier of not
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: A Year On by zookeeper @ 02/16/17 10:28 PM

Thank you Winston You have made such great progress. Bravo! We are Survivors, every one. It's just that some of us don't know it yet. It make take some good friends to convince us! Brian
Introductions
Jump to new posts Re: Hi everyone. by woodenshoes @ 02/16/17 08:36 PM

Yuto I have come realize we torture ourselves in recovery. The feelings that go with are not to be taken personnel. We can resume some type of normality but it takes time to work through it. Sadness,happiness,depression, are just a few of what yo
Survivor Stories
Jump to new posts think i'm ready to share but am really nervous by YutoG @ 02/16/17 06:04 PM

Hi. I don't really know where to start. I'm nervous about posting on here bc ive never spoken about any of this stuff with anyone. It's just all getting too much to have in my brain and I think I need help. So much stuff has happened over the years I
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: The next job by greenwizard @ 02/16/17 05:24 PM

Yes, you should be given respect for what you do, especially if you do it that well. I guess I can't really speak to it too much because I don't work, but yeah, having fun is well, fun, and being responsible is not. My experience comes from trying
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: asking too much? (maybe trigger?) by KMCINVA @ 02/16/17 05:01 PM

Glad to hear her response and support. She wants to help and that is very important. Kevin
Health and Wellbeing
Jump to new posts Re: EMDR and me by Ceremony @ 02/16/17 02:49 PM

I just received an email that I might be able to get EMDR at a walk-in location. There's no guarantee I'll get a full session, but it's got possibilities. I'm going to study some more, and make sure I know what to expect. Anyone wishing to give prepa
Yale Research Project
Jump to new posts Re: Fourth Discussion Question: Barriers by EdfromNYC @ 02/16/17 02:00 PM

No barriers. Where are the studies being undertaken?
Yale Research Project
Jump to new posts Re: Third Discussion Board Question: Service Use by EdfromNYC @ 02/16/17 01:57 PM

Helpful: other survivors, 12 step groups, therapy. Least helpful: field is underserved by male therapists and/or male run groups. Lack of understanding/open-mindedness on heterosexual orientation after same-sex abuse and its affect on orientation -
Introductions
Jump to new posts Re: Another new person by manipulated @ 02/16/17 01:56 PM

GW Sorry for what brings you here but rest assured we understand that perpetrators come in all genders, shapes, sizes and ages. Your story is yours and unique and yet if you look probably you will find others very much like it. Welcome. I have se
Introductions
Jump to new posts Re: Hello... by manipulated @ 02/16/17 01:49 PM

Lumes Welcome! Sorry for why you are here but so glad you were able to find us. We don't have a per visit fee and won't pass you on! We are also not therapists but guys who have been where you are...and yes I do mean the rage the attempt to forgive
U.S. & World News
Jump to new posts Re: Jerry Sandusky's adult son accused of CSA by Chase Eric @ 02/16/17 11:05 AM

Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Doing Something New by onsolidground @ 02/16/17 10:11 AM

Thank you for checking it out! Of course, you are more than welcome to share the posts on your blog! Thanks for reaching out!
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.