Newest Members
Leelin, Max1969, rogpsm, physicsfriend, GreyGrackle
13386 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Arcotraz (28), bigsteve225 (69), Haly (56), Larrymat (71), Moving_On _Out (64), TJ jeff (45)
Who's Online
5 registered (BDD, Ceremony, HBUL, blacken, traveler), 64 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
13,386 Registered Members
76 Forums
69,418 Topics
483,509 Posts

Most users ever online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: What might you do with freezing fear for life? by Ceremony @ 04/24/17 07:39 PM

Thanks for adding greenwizard and Shyshark. Your support helps a lot. I think the creepy feeling ebbed very slowly today, and I rested all of today. Maybe a 30 min. nap too. I tried belly breathing, having read that helps. I'm sure now that it's anxi
Survivors of Female Abuse
Hi L2R, Sorry to hear that you feel sad about losing your show. I've had very similar experiences. I tend to react in high stress ways to many very subtly sexualized social environments and shows. I just take it as part of my healing process, back
Family and Friends
Jump to new posts Re: Can love be healed?*Triggers* by HealingHope @ 04/24/17 12:17 PM

Thank you, Daniel What's struck me from your words are two profound thoughts. Firstly that you are testament that love really can be healed through steady recovery, self discovery, and courage to face your fears and prepare yourslf to love again, r
Men Abused/Assaulted as Adults
Jump to new posts Re: Abuse without physical force by greenwizard @ 04/24/17 09:45 AM

Not a lot of physical force went into my first assault either. I was drugged. If what the bitch was caught with was any indication, I was given a heavy dose of GHB with some ecstasy thrown in. It made me compliant. Everyone at the bar just saw me
Yale Research Project
Jump to new posts Re: Seventh Discussion Question: Applying research by physicsfriend @ 04/24/17 09:26 AM

Yes, definitely. For starters, I'm a research scientist, so I read journals for my work, but that's in a different field. Regarding topics more related to abuse, I've used research to help me recognize symptoms of trauma and c-ptsd so I could identi
Military Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: IN RRTP FOR PTSD **NEED ADVICE** by newground @ 04/24/17 08:09 AM

Yale Research Project
Jump to new posts Re: Sixth Discussion Board Question: Dissemination by learning2remember @ 04/24/17 03:58 AM

I think getting it to websites for survivors and offering workshops on practical implications for therapists, etc.
Yale Research Project
Jump to new posts Re: Fifth Discussion Board Question: Facilitators by learning2remember @ 04/24/17 03:57 AM

Knowing about it, being assured of anonymity, ability to do it online.
Yale Research Project
Jump to new posts Re: Third Discussion Board Question: Service Use by learning2remember @ 04/24/17 03:56 AM

Most helpful: Individual sessions with a counsellor at the YWCA. (Yes, it was yWca, and they were amazing. The whole team, from receptionist on up, was very welcoming and understanding.) I think the approach was CBT, but the main thing was someone w
Yale Research Project
Jump to new posts Re: Second Discussion Board Question: Priorities by learning2remember @ 04/24/17 02:07 AM

1) How much does the feminist movement intimidate male survivors? A rhetoric that tends to accuse men, can be heard to us in a different way and be another reason for us to keep silent. (Why should I tell somebody my mother abused me if that person
Yale Research Project
Jump to new posts Re: First discussion board question! by learning2remember @ 04/24/17 02:00 AM

News websites and male survivor. Since I am in a pastor, sometimes I come across things in articles and books about pastoral care.
Yale Research Project
Jump to new posts Re: Fourth Discussion Question: Barriers by learning2remember @ 04/24/17 01:59 AM

My main concern is anonymity. I think I have finally reached a stage where I see this as not my shame, so I don't think I am as concerned about anonymity for my own sake anymore. But, my family of origin doesn't believe me, and my mother was one of
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Taking Leave from Him by Letourski @ 04/24/17 12:56 AM

Solid post. Thank you for sharing
Poetry
Jump to new posts Re: Emotional reality by Tryingtolive @ 04/24/17 12:48 AM

Thank you
Poetry
Jump to new posts Re: The past by Tryingtolive @ 04/24/17 12:47 AM

Thank you guys
Introductions
Jump to new posts Re: Greetings from a New Old guy! by Shyshark @ 04/23/17 10:38 PM

Oh my goodness :P Thanks for letting us know.
Gay/Bi/Trans Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Sharing by nomad510 @ 04/23/17 07:00 PM

Hello, Mike! Thanks for sharing with us your very personal story. We each have our own journey to take and many of the same trails, detours, and crossroads are shared amongst us. In regards to the reliving the sexual abuse.... as David pointed o
Introductions
Jump to new posts Re: New Guy by une.vie.d.espoir @ 04/23/17 06:44 PM

Im real sorry for your lost Fozzie yes your inocence, I will personely pray for your lost. Give yourself time and be good whit yourself. Jean-Pierre
Introductions
Jump to new posts Re: Hi everyone I'm new here. by Ceremony @ 04/23/17 05:41 PM

Politely pointing out, the Birthdays links, is getting some very old introductions brought to the top. This is over 5 years old.
U.S. & World News
Jump to new posts Re: Power, Corruption and Lies! by Tom E. @ 04/23/17 02:26 PM

Maybe the more conservative they are, the more they have to hide..
Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Professional Wrestling by Sterling @ 04/23/17 02:19 PM

Welcome Howard. My favorite wrestler was Rowdy Roddy Piper. I liked how he was just so nutty, and he wasn't ripped . He was just crazy. I loved the WWF back in the mid to late 80's . I liked I thought George the animal steele was a bit sick and nee
Men Abused/Assaulted as Adults
Jump to new posts Re: counseling abuse by Sterling @ 04/23/17 02:07 PM

Good for you Tom . Get this shit out. So sorry. fuck this sounds aweful ( that this happened).
Poetry
Jump to new posts Re: Acute hearing at high volume by Sterling @ 04/23/17 02:01 PM

REcovery is hard , hey buddy? . You're braver than you see. xo J
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Really really low by WG @ 04/23/17 12:03 PM

Oh, Tyler. Beloved brother on this road with us. You are not the filthy one - as it was said, HE IS, NOT you. I understand, however. I took long near-scalding showers to scrub and scrub until my skin was scarlet and I thought I remained as soiled as
Poetry
Jump to new posts Re: un reasonable by Ceremony @ 04/23/17 10:33 AM

Yes. newground, that being a man part hurts. I don't think I have been manly, and it's so weird to think I'm a lessor person, who doesn't stick up for myself from bad behavior, nor be assertive to seek good things. Instead, I see myself as a small, a
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.