Newest Members
Rak Garcia, Wolverine95, dWite, Kwozzi, Nathan James
13135 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
cyclebreaker (43), monkeybusinessinky (30), Tom Byrnes (57), wind west (32)
Who's Online
0 registered (), 30 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
13,135 Registered Members
75 Forums
68,118 Topics
474,408 Posts

Most users ever online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Victim mindset by DannyT @ 07/26/16 05:13 PM

I'm with Eric and unhappycamper...they got it dead on for me. And yes, it can go away. Like ForeverFighting said, we are doing it together. Danny
Male Survivors
Jevin and Sterling Thank you both for your encouragement and for your very enlightening insights to this program. In the last year I have been grieving my lost childhood and it just happens that every ACoA meeting I have attended (so far 4 of them)
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Verbal Assault Today by Buddy75 @ 07/25/16 08:43 PM

Something similar happens to me I walk off leash 3 medium white dogs around 4am and I have a neighbor that waits for me in his truck and yell at me to pick up my dogs crap, and to keep them on leash- there is nobody walking about at 4am so I let my
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts benefits of taking time away from words by DannyT @ 07/25/16 07:34 PM

Hey guys, I sometimes struggle with a voice in my head that just won't shut up. Many threads in the last few weeks have talked about voices in different ways, too. I've been finding it helpful to make some parts of the day voice free for a while. E
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Self abuse by Elad1 @ 07/25/16 07:16 PM

Phoenix Rising, I am really glad you are talking to a therapist. What I am understanding from the conversation in this thread is the capacity to love someone. After months of work with my therapist addressing my csa just a couple of weeks ago he sai
Introductions
Jump to new posts Re: hi thanks for the inspiration by manipulated @ 07/25/16 06:33 PM

As others have said welcome and sorry you are here. Please know you are not alone. I hid from the abuse for 40+years and when I could not hide any longer it exploded my life. You have already taken 2 huge steps: you came here and poste; and you told
Health and Wellbeing
Jump to new posts Re: Anxiety by 30something @ 07/24/16 10:28 PM

Not insane, (((iaccus))). One breath at a time. One foot in front of the other. We got this. Asa
Survivors of Female Abuse
Jump to new posts Re: Is abuse ever a temporary thing? by 30something @ 07/24/16 10:26 PM

"A controlling parent is only looking for love themselves." "We can change." Thank you for injecting hope during these crazy times (internally and globally). Asa
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: who am I? (possible triggers) by DannyT @ 07/24/16 06:28 PM

racool, I have a couple of thoughts about the voices. 1. Sometimes it helps me to ask questions, like where did you come from? etc. to see what's really going on. If it is cutting me down, "why now?" I might ask. Doing this helps me see
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: How do we love ourselves? by DannyT @ 07/24/16 06:10 PM

Hi Michael, I think we first start with seeing who we are or who all of our inner people are, and we observe them for a while to get to know them. For me, I've got an inner 12 year old, an alternate adult self who pushes me, a critic who lays into m
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Waking Up by zookeeper @ 07/24/16 05:59 PM

I completely agree. I watched an old movie sometime ago about a man with amnesia. It was a dumb, old black and white and Im sure the science behind it was all wrong. But the idea appealed to me so much. If I could just get amnesia, then I would remem
Survivor Stories
Jump to new posts devon's story triggers by devon46 @ 07/24/16 12:33 AM

i been agonizing for days over writing this .i know what i wish i could write ,i wish i could write that i fought ,that i fought with all my being ,beaten into submission. do it or die . But i can't write that cause i didn't fight. i wish i could wri
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.