Newest Members
Me1234, March3x, ag, TravisHughCulley, Gilarm
13720 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
timothyrecovery1 (55)
Who's Online
7 registered (Ceremony, Golden_Phoenix, takingitslow, CelloL, 2 invisible), 35 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
13,720 Registered Members
75 Forums
71,318 Topics
498,102 Posts

Most users ever online: 418 @ 07/02/12 11:29 AM
Twitter
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Survivors of Female Abuse
Jump to new posts Re: Women in Summer Clothes by Celtaf @ 15 minutes 41 seconds ago

Chris, I had to think about what you wrote for a while. I think I had the same anger and frustration you did. This is probably because as a society, we allow women to do this in public, and remain there. Men, generally, only are given such societa
Survivors of Female Abuse
Jump to new posts Re: Podcast Episode About Female Abuse by dark empathy @ 19 minutes 55 seconds ago

~ss, I don't know how much of my actual rage is pain, how much a straight up trigger situation. During my abuse I was shamed into not responding physically and retreated into close to catatonia, this after being forced to change schools, losing my
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Learning to swim (facing phobias) by CelloL @ 23 minutes 34 seconds ago

A complication: the two swimming pools closest to my house don't let other people teach swimming. One can only use their people.
Family and Friends
Jump to new posts Re: Gaslighting by Golden_Phoenix @ Today at 07:59 PM

Thank you Ceremony and Kevin for your helpful input. Ceremony, not an easy thing to have accomplished, a huge congratulations on being sober for so long. Yes, forgive yourself of your past mistakes and let your present success override it. Have yo
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: I don't understand by Ceremony @ Today at 06:41 PM

Yes, talk therapy does leave a ton of work undone. That's a tiny part of what I do. Most of what I do is Sensorimotor and IFS therapy. Both very effective for me, very valuable for me, and I have written extensively about these here in my threads a
Introductions
Jump to new posts Re: The Penitant by Ceremony @ Today at 05:37 PM

Understood Hugh. That's what's given me gratitude about MS. Time passes, and being understood remains constant. I'm sorry, as we all are, for what brings us to this place. Though, having invested a lot of my efforts towards therapy, I finally notice
Books, Music & Films for Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Music influnces, songs and talk. by Ceremony @ Today at 04:54 PM

Good song Hadrian... To get the video in your post, the toolbar has to be used, no html code works here. I copy the video link from the browser address, not the link with the Android "share" link. The way my Android gets that link, is to
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: MINDSTORM by KMCINVA @ Today at 01:44 PM

Noah Welcome and I am sorry you have to be here--it is a welcoming and nonjudgmental place. As others have said, at times reading of others abuse can be triggering because many times we end up here only after we have lost control of the abuse, the
Family and Friends
Jump to new posts Re: New and confused wife by Ceremony @ Today at 09:13 AM

Hello WifeLife, I've held back from sharing in your thread, not sure I've adequate experience with relationships? However, that last post, you wrote about being hit on, and sort of pretty, that resonates big-time. I know I was targeted... TRIGGERS.
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: A Free series on Trauma Healing by SubtleStuff @ Today at 03:27 AM

Thanks Linear, that's kind of you. You've helped me let go of my feeling of guilt/inadequacy and helped me appreciate what I DID do! :-) Originally Posted By LinEarOh, no worries, I wouldn't have known about them at all otherwise! Sincerely, S
Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Faith In People Restored by manipulated @ Today at 03:09 AM

Good people do exist! More proof than Nessie or the Abominable Snowman/Yeti!
Poetry
Jump to new posts Re: LETTER TO A LITTLE BOY by Bluedogone @ Yesterday at 07:44 PM

Very moving - Very emotionally draining. To both myself and my father. Thanks for posting this, LoneWolfX Blue
Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Was Someone Here in a Goodwill in Long Beach? by chairdesklamp @ Yesterday at 07:38 PM

Long Beach, MS. That's like Paris, TX... I didn't want to put myself out there if I was wrong, but if I'd known for sure it was someone from here, I would have approached. You know that song Phil Collins recorded for the Disney movie around 2000? I
Classifieds
Jump to new posts Fort Lauderdale-South Florida Support Group- any? by Hopein14 @ Yesterday at 04:37 PM

Hi Everyone- New to area having moved from Connecticut to Fort Lauderdale for work- Is there an existing or does anyone know of any groups that are in place here for Male Survivors. If not is there an interest? It would be invaluable to be involved
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: New Feelings- Abandoned? by Chase Eric @ 06/17/18 09:11 PM

(((Bri))) ...♥
Family and Friends
Jump to new posts Re: Survivors I would appreciate your thoughts by Golden_Phoenix @ 06/17/18 07:14 PM

Thank you for sharing your input chairdesklamp. It's a bit complicated. He does try to switch the focus off him and place it on me or us, issues being a result of my abuse or our trauma combined. The thing is, the destructive actions are coming from
Poetry
Jump to new posts Re: Icarus or Ganymede? by Tanis2105 @ 06/17/18 03:44 PM

Wow, I found this to be incredible. I'm glad you posted this and as a fan of Greek mythology I find your comparison fantastic. Thank you for posting.
Poetry
Jump to new posts Good Fathers' Day Poem by Dick Laurie by SayItRight @ 06/17/18 01:43 PM

How do we forgive our Fathers? Maybe in a dream Do we forgive our Fathers for leaving us too often or forever when we were little? Maybe for scaring us with unexpected rage or making us nervous because there never seemed to be any rage there at all.
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Fathers Day to all the guys here ...... by wearytraveler @ 06/17/18 12:58 PM

Thanks for the replies guys I have been here long enough to know that this day does have an effect on every guy who is a member here. I have talked to some men here who I admire greatly, who had rocky starts who love with a broken heart who are im
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: We want to tell you about someone by Elad1 @ 06/17/18 06:57 AM

I feel sad hearing this news. I wish I knew your sister, I'm positively sure the people she knew were shown how the best of us can be and that their lives became more meaningful. My heart is touched by your post giving presence to a wonderful human b
Sexual Identity Issues
Jump to new posts Re: Afraid to explore sexuality and sexual drive by chairdesklamp @ 06/17/18 03:25 AM

I have more or less the same problem. And I met a guy. He's actually also been here, so he understands my issues. We haven't got that far yet. I have problems with all intimate contact. What I don't have is answers. I'm only throwing this out here so
Poetry
Jump to new posts Re: night terrors 101 by JamesM @ 06/16/18 10:58 PM

MarkK, you should not feel in any way it was your fault, but I know that is difficult, perhaps not possible. When I thought about my father coming into my room at night and telling me I needn't worry since my mother was fast asleep I would be aware o
Introductions
Jump to new posts Re: Member support access retrival by TravisHughCulley @ 06/16/18 09:13 PM

Hi Blue, Thank you for welcoming me back, myself in full. It's hard to accept that six years have passed, and I continue to face the struggle at the simple level of standing and falling, being able to comport myself through obstacles, both real and
Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: i dont love you. by Sterling @ 06/16/18 07:12 PM

https://www.google.ca/search?q=how+to+in...me&ie=UTF-8 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lh779xptxP8 be honest i dont like men. but i need love. i need them. i need my dad i need my cousins. i need them.
Poetry
Jump to new posts Deleted by Tryingtolive @ 06/16/18 10:04 AM

Deleted
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.