Newest Members
fox, Unbreakable92, jewelgirl50, SadButSoTrue, Mark Onderweg
13431 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Boboy (39), MrEdd (55)
Who's Online
7 registered (DanielQ432, LinEar, 4 invisible), 70 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
13,431 Registered Members
75 Forums
69,666 Topics
486,218 Posts

Most users ever online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Some truth by DanielQ432 @ 4 minutes 14 seconds ago

Hi, Chase Eric, Sir! I try to be respectful of Mods (and everyone) I certainly see your point, I, God knows, I hate people who have NO CLUE what CPTSD is like, and have either the happy, benevolent oh, just get over it and forget it attitude, or
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Where were my buzwords? by dac @ 58 minutes 23 seconds ago

"Yet, look at us. Here we are. Adults. We faced almost insurmountable odds and survived." <<<<<------- Yes, this!! Strong, resilient, survivors
Poetry
Jump to new posts Re: Time to enter my invisible mood by Sterling @ Today at 02:56 PM

I feel the same wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy. Thanks OIC. this lemon juice/baking soda treatment.... how does it work ? how much do you apply? I want my teeth whiter. Please, thanks, xo James
Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: i love you by Sterling @ Today at 02:31 PM

if I dditn get that chocolate then. I would feel so but then I want perfect life. ahhh. so I keep repeating this. hoping this will change. eya. bozna wants sex w. boys. I cant can cant cant change them. no. I get it how this therapys is fucking
Family and Friends
Jump to new posts Re: I want to help my son. by jewelgirl50 @ Today at 01:03 PM

Thank you so much WG. I will continue to respect my son's need to be alone and will wait for him to contact me. My son, with a new baby helps his wife as much as he can. He is also working and getting ready to move to begin his PHD. I know he does
Books, Music & Films for Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Music that moves me. by Ceremony @ Today at 12:37 PM

During 1979, Junior year at West High in the Uptown of Mpls., MN (Now nothing but a slab left on that site), I heard The Clash for the first time. I would soon be living on my own, leaving high school behind, having a studio apt. a job, and lonelines
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Yesterdays time travel back in my history by Ceremony @ Today at 10:45 AM

Thank you for your thoughts and sharing. Memory lane has it's possible triggers, not always, but surely they're possible for too many of us. I understand not knowing all of the events, and I'm more than satisfied just knowing two or three, plenty to
Family and Friends
Jump to new posts Re: Emotional empathy versus compassion empathy by HealingHope @ Today at 10:11 AM

Luke, like you I like a good debate, especially when the subject matter I' have studied and practiced in for many years, and written numerous essays comparing and contrasting person centred therapy and levels of empathy etc etc!! So I echo Luke's se
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Go F*** Yourself, Daddy by Ceremony @ Today at 10:10 AM

Thank you again, to let us share. It means a lot to me too. I'm so glad you're taking the talk so seriously, I can spend a lot of energy doing it. I wish it was exercise!
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: facing another hurdle by dark empathy @ Today at 07:37 AM

I'm afraid I persoally would suggest staying away from this sort of thing. I used t try and test my own triggers by walking through crowds or the like and never found it wound up well, mostly I just went gnumb, just as I did during the abuse. Then
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Trigger Unexpectantly by Ceremony @ Today at 07:22 AM

I know from overwhelming experience how sleep deprivation and the stress of all these things, all your things, have influenced my depression resurging. Since re-involving with the Diocese, and you've had so much information, so much involvement where
Family and Friends
Jump to new posts Re: When/how do survivors know that they can heal? by dark empathy @ Today at 07:01 AM

This is one reason one of the first things I promised my lady is that we would always be honest with each other. likewise, because she is an extremely gentle person and I am naturally inclined to believe things are my fault, we tend to spend a lot of
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Shattered by motmcd @ Today at 06:51 AM

(((Tyler))) I am sorry, Tyler.
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: To my abusers, to all abusers..... by motmcd @ Today at 06:45 AM

Well said, TJ, and thanks for the laugh to start my day. Nice! Tom
Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Dating Sites? by Chris4TheMill @ Today at 12:17 AM

Thanks guys. I am not a fan of dating sites either. However, my T says "if you are not part of a community right now, this is going to be the best way to at least start meeting and going on dates." He went on to tell me that some of
Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Dental work by TW16 @ Yesterday at 09:56 PM

Normally I would have PTO, but I have exhausted it. My,employer has been nice to give me the only two "free" days off for the month of July wben they could have given them to someone else. Since my last post, I have spoken with the dentist
Sexual Identity Issues
Jump to new posts Re: My (bi)sexual identity by dac @ Yesterday at 08:12 PM

Thank you Willhelm, I appreciate your comment. All the best, David
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Love.... by Can_I_Do_This @ Yesterday at 06:18 PM

Great article, Sterling, thank you! I have a handful of platonic male friends I bonded with over music and fly fishing. I've been extremely blessed to have shared many, many days in the back-country with my brothers hiking, fishing, cooking dinner t
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Sabotage by Can_I_Do_This @ Yesterday at 04:25 PM

Great thoughts, Bob, big hugs to you my brother. (((((Bob))))) The way the self-love thing has worked for me is that its caused me to stop self-sabotaging; because I now see myself as a loved and lovable man, my mind has simply slowed way, way down
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Pride. TRIGGER WARNING. by Can_I_Do_This @ Yesterday at 03:05 PM

Dear Daniel, For me the simple realization that I had absolutely no say in the matter of my abuse made it easy to "drop the shame" and lose the guilt. Realizing *I didn't do anything*, THEY DID, made it a no-brainer for me. I didn't do shi
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Admitting to myself by Can_I_Do_This @ Yesterday at 11:39 AM

Hi Bryce, Just another man here chiming in to say CONGRATULATIONS for what you're doing by coming here and sharing your story. It takes a huge amount of courage just to *think* about what happened to us, let alone come here and *write* about it. Big
Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: The Recipe Book by greenwizard @ Yesterday at 11:04 AM

Orange Chicken Marinade 1 1/4c pulp free orange juice 1/4c soy sauce 1tbsp ginger 1 1/2tsp garlic powder 2tbsp siracha sauce (optional) 1tbsp rice vinegar 1tbsp brown sugar 2tsp grated orange zest 1/4tsp white pepper Mix marinade. Pour into ziploc
Books, Music & Films for Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Music influnces, songs and talk. by Ceremony @ Yesterday at 01:45 AM

Cocteau Twins gets a Twofer tonight, or this morning as it is. I listened to this song in late 1989 and into 1990 a lot. It's part of Blue Bell Knoll and the song is: "Carolyn's Fingers" Again, this was a band that helped me get through
Male Survivors
Yes, I've been having some of these thoughts & feelings, too. I'm not feeling that way at the moment, but a couple of days ago I was thinking..."What's the use?" I thought I'd wait till after my partner passes ( he's older than me and w
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Thank you! by bluesky @ 06/26/17 06:57 PM

In Jewish tradition we say Mazal Tov (Good Fortune) for both a marriage a divorce. For both are bitter sweet. Wishing you peace and healing. Mazal Tov
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.