Newest Members
JamesHere, hamani, bryn89, Jack86, briopiuh
13780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
josacam (55), PhillyPa (43), sum1sun (43), time2heal (44)
Who's Online
2 registered (2 invisible), 40 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
13,780 Registered Members
75 Forums
71,705 Topics
500,818 Posts

Most users ever online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Health and Wellbeing
Jump to new posts Re: Evening Joylessness turns to day....***possible ** by Ceremony @ 38 minutes 45 seconds ago

It's good to see you reaching out Hopein14. Some, and see this with the nuance attempted, of what you convey is where I need to be. My example is a broken marriage, needing to end. It's also a very stuck situation, which leads to how you react to be
Introductions
Jump to new posts Re: Just joined by jggab @ Today at 09:48 AM

Hi Jack, You will find a lot of great people here. I haven't logged on for awhile, but MS was one of my first steps toward recovery. I received a lot of support here. It can be tough at times, but that is what we are here for. I am so glad you f
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Professional Cuddler by Greg56 @ Today at 09:27 AM

Congratulations Bri!!!! You're very brave and that was a huge step! You're right to let it sit. Let it sink in. When you doubt your experience...remember in the moment for what it was, and how non-threatening it really was. Greg
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Still hearing the voice by Chase Eric @ Today at 08:21 AM

They can immortalize themselves in us. I'm so sorry she has left you with such to deal with. My experience is that the dialog we share with our parents continues even when they are gone.
Family and Friends
Jump to new posts Re: Messages by HealingHope @ Today at 01:48 AM

Thank you both so much.
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Two Truths by Barkabus @ Today at 01:13 AM

Ok, I'm thinking through this. Perhaps "Truth" is too absolute. And doesn't account for exceptions. Thoughts? Mike
Sexual Identity Issues
Jump to new posts Re: Afraid to explore sexuality and sexual drive by JamesM @ Yesterday at 11:06 PM

Originally Posted By Tryingtolive I thought the way my brother treated me was the way men were suppose to act. I’m afraid to talk to women. But I can talk to men much more easier? Is it cause I’m less of a man? Gay? When I woke up in my father
Poetry
Jump to new posts Re: You Took My Purity by Tom E. @ Yesterday at 09:56 PM

very sad but it all has to come out
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: I wasn’t bad - TRIGGERS by Tom E. @ Yesterday at 09:54 PM

how horrible what you went through
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re:Understanding Fight, Flight, Freeze, Fawn, Subm by Tom E. @ Yesterday at 09:45 PM

Freeze, fawn, submit, befriend.... yup, these were all my behaviors too, when faced with fear or aggression from others.
Poetry
Jump to new posts Re: Where is Self? by Barkabus @ Yesterday at 07:28 PM

Indeed Ceremony, abuse robs us of "self". Therefore, a key part of our healing is, as you eloquently stated as your concluding line... Go seeking, a journey, a quest to self. Very eloquent indeed. Thanks! Mike
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Still the same, different set of people. by Shyshark @ Yesterday at 03:35 PM

Hi Rick ... I've been on that same train my whole life. When I'm on nobody else get's on ... and when I get off everybody climbs on board. ((( Rick ))) Hi James
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: How do I manage. Being around my abuser. Could you by JamesHere @ Yesterday at 03:30 PM

For me I have no choice but to live with him until I go away to college, but its a very difficult. Its hard to have someone hold so much power over you.
Spirituality and Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: New Approach for me by OCN @ Yesterday at 10:57 AM

Hi Subtle, I have no experience with this particular program. But i do meditate regularly. And it has brought a lot of benefit, to be engaged in spiritual practice. To me it feels that if one is serious in following a (meditation course) or spirit
Introductions
Jump to new posts Re: RETURNING TO THE FORUM by KMCINVA @ Yesterday at 10:43 AM

Derrick Welcome back. Sometimes a break is what is needed. It is great to know you can return anytime. I hope you are doing as well as possible. Kevin
Men Abused/Assaulted as Adults
Jump to new posts Re: Need some honest advice by JamesM @ 09/22/18 10:26 PM

When I was 11 I decided I must be attractive to boys and that I was different in some way I could not understand. I felt that I must want to be raped again and because I had an erection when I was being punched whilst being raped I must have liked th
Books, Music & Films for Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Music influnces, songs and talk. by Ceremony @ 09/22/18 07:48 PM

Thank you guys for posting what's meaningful or touches you. Today, like many lately, I'm dealing with depression. I also know there's hyperarousal owing to a constant in my life, my wife. I've noticed the times I feel the most need to dissociate, or
Male Survivors
Hi DanielQ432, You've described much of me and my therapy education for the past year+. Let me tell you the therapies I've been trying. Sensorimotor, EMDR, CBT, IFS or parts of me, tapping, breathing, hugging myself, writing, being here on MS, and tr
Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: i dont love you. by Sterling @ 09/22/18 04:54 PM

i think one way. food. earn mney. i am fatid my dad. be/c the has a way of muniplitating. he needs love. his ego wants it al m firev bird. he . hated my self. i dint like to be around anyone. dont want oterhs envious. i just dont understand why i am
Off Topic
Jump to new posts Barkabus' Stuff by Barkabus @ 09/22/18 03:06 PM

This is an index of the posts/threads on MS that have special significance to me. I will amend this index as additional posts/threads capture my attention. My StoryA Letter to Young Mike Index of all my poetry on MS - In reverse chronological order
Survivors of Female Abuse
Jump to new posts Re: Body Talk by SubtleStuff @ 09/22/18 12:58 PM

Hi Sand Shore, Thanks for the kudos! :-) It is a big change and part of it is that I think my mother is wanting to leave this earth without too much of a mess left behind her. She's fairly healthy, but elderly. Many of her friends have died or are d
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Why So Much Guilt? by traveler @ 09/22/18 09:46 AM

Sand Shore - i think you nailed it with points 1 & 2. i experienced an example of this that i recounted in a recent post, "i wasn't bad" here: http://www.discussion.malesurvivor.org/b...7238#Post527238 Lee
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: The many dimensions of Forgiveness by SubtleStuff @ 09/21/18 08:05 PM

Hi Y'all, Originally Posted By SubtleStuffBrene mentioned that Forgiveness involves something dying in us. There are other things that are dying in me as well. The part of me that thinks I cannot escape the psycho/emotional/sexual dynamics of my fa
Sexual Identity Issues
Jump to new posts Re: Penis Fixation ** Possible Triggers by JamesM @ 09/21/18 07:46 PM

I cannot remember having a penis fixation where I liked to look at them, compare them or touch them. Even my own penis was something I did not much like having. Instead, I did not like to see a penis and from age 7 had developed an ability not to se
Gay/Bi/Trans Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: New Understanding by JamesM @ 09/21/18 05:37 PM

When I am with someone I want to have sex with I feel good and if my interest is returned then good. I have only felt that way around women, but I know I could have that feeling around a man. I never have had and am not looking for it. I have experi
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND at the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.