Newest Members
orlotonkel, Nathan James, lilgas69, Humfrey, devon46
13131 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
cainrafael (30), GL (69), JohnP725 (68), Lloydy (63), Marie-TwoOfUs (37)
Who's Online
3 registered (Nathan James, 2 invisible), 34 Guests and 9 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
13,131 Registered Members
75 Forums
68,094 Topics
474,262 Posts

Most users ever online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Self abuse by PhoenixRising @ 16 minutes 13 seconds ago

I am struggling lately with how I lived into the aftermath of naming that I had been abused. At first, I worked hard to maintain healthy relationships, yet although I was 32 when i first spoke, I hadn't had a sexual relationship and didn't know how t
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts How do you guys manage breakdowns? by Tryingtolive @ 32 minutes 55 seconds ago

my breakdowns come and go. Usually i am flooded with sadness and I get emotional. My break downs aren't as bad as they use to be but they hit hard sometimes What do you guys do to manage or even get rid of them?
Off Topic
Jump to new posts Legit vendor or Research Chemicals apvpv , bkebdp by orlotonkel @ Today at 03:35 AM

Trust Research Chermicals Manufacturer AC-PVP(A-pvp) 3-MMC BK-EBDP(BK-MDMA) 4-MDP EM-APB FU-F U-47700 5F-PCN/ 5-F-MN-21/ 5-fluoro MN-21 MED/5-methylethylone BK-EBDP Crystal 2-NMC Crystal 2-NMC Powder 4-CPRC Powder 4-CPRC Prystal 4-CEC Crystal 4-EMC(4
Health and Wellbeing
Jump to new posts Re: Anxiety by 30something @ Yesterday at 10:28 PM

Not insane, (((iaccus))). One breath at a time. One foot in front of the other. We got this. Asa
Survivors of Female Abuse
Jump to new posts Re: Is abuse ever a temporary thing? by 30something @ Yesterday at 10:26 PM

"A controlling parent is only looking for love themselves." "We can change." Thank you for injecting hope during these crazy times (internally and globally). Asa
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: who am I? (possible triggers) by DannyT @ Yesterday at 06:28 PM

racool, I have a couple of thoughts about the voices. 1. Sometimes it helps me to ask questions, like where did you come from? etc. to see what's really going on. If it is cutting me down, "why now?" I might ask. Doing this helps me see
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: How do we love ourselves? by DannyT @ Yesterday at 06:10 PM

Hi Michael, I think we first start with seeing who we are or who all of our inner people are, and we observe them for a while to get to know them. For me, I've got an inner 12 year old, an alternate adult self who pushes me, a critic who lays into m
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Waking Up by zookeeper @ Yesterday at 05:59 PM

I completely agree. I watched an old movie sometime ago about a man with amnesia. It was a dumb, old black and white and Im sure the science behind it was all wrong. But the idea appealed to me so much. If I could just get amnesia, then I would remem
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Verbal Assault Today by zookeeper @ Yesterday at 07:43 AM

Isn't funny how the abuse alters us and its like the game is rigged. You're of smaller stature, Im a really big guy (6'3). While I still have some safety insecurities, my abuse has led me to think that everyone who turns their head to look at me know
Introductions
Jump to new posts Re: hi thanks for the inspiration by lilgas69 @ Yesterday at 12:31 AM

Thank you all for welcoming me..
Introductions
Jump to new posts Re: Hello, looking for advice by betrayed boy @ 07/23/16 05:33 PM

oh i forgot to add a book my T has me reading now (didnt start it yet) is beginning to heal by ellen bass and laura davis.
Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: i love you by Sterling @ 07/23/16 04:52 PM

Tristan need a d ad. i dont want to knw at ti to them, I just wanted love. and it comes out tnat. lekarn fa st er. bozna wanted me to have sex with him. I cwa m tealr. I then I he just gets up and we go for coffee. I mis my grother br
Books, Music & Films for Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Newly released book- unique perspective/voice by Chase Eric @ 07/22/16 11:32 PM

Thanks, kwawk. I want to read the book if for nothing else than to experience the way the author communicates - his style and perspectives. Your review of his work is quite compelling. The passage I quoted in my earlier post here has a particular
Military Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Trouble un-twisting the truth by iaccus @ 07/22/16 10:13 PM

Thank you Sterling, I will look into those!
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: half-brother trigger by ForeverFighting @ 07/22/16 10:12 PM

I'm glad to hear about your trip. It's amazing to me how these things are burned into our brains. I was just talking to my wife today about how it is built in to us to recognize patterns--who doesn't see something in the shape of clouds? But for u
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Therapist says I'm stuck as a teenager by OCN @ 07/22/16 08:12 PM

Great post of inspiration FF! I recognize a lot of what you're writing and i've noticed the same process of moving more and more into my adult self.. Keep up the good work! Peter
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Things I Did To Stay Alive by jevin @ 07/22/16 07:18 PM

Thank you for this great post. You had the instincts and strength to do what you had to in order to survive. Glad you're here with us.
Introductions
Jump to new posts Re: Introduction Post (Support Person) by Shyshark @ 07/22/16 06:10 PM

Hi ... I commend you on your admirable efforts to learn everything you can about the abuse ... you will be very valuable to your 'someone'. ( you needn't be shy ... there is pretty much every kind of 'someone' here ... we do not judge ) I urge you
Gay/Bi/Trans Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: As Gay as... by Sterling @ 07/22/16 05:53 PM

I really appreciate this 1lifenow. I don't feel I fit . Always unsure . I am not always honest , perhaps in denial. But I really love inspiration...as this is . Thanks. J
Poetry
Jump to new posts Re: A fake smile by Sterling @ 07/22/16 05:13 PM

you are stronger and more resilient than most.
Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Influential song lyrics by Sterling @ 07/22/16 05:12 PM

Thanks BFree27. Songs that helped me was " China in your hand " by TPau. I gravitated quickly to "Walk" from Foo Fighters. As well as "Pretender" and "Hero" from Foo Fighters. Thanks , it felt good to write t
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Al-anon/ACA Adult Children of Alcoholics advice by Sterling @ 07/22/16 05:05 PM

Hey Elad1 , good to see you're resourceful ! I attended ACA years ago. I personally didn't like it. Primal Therapy helped me a lot. I didn't fit in with twelve step groups. (I say) just don't have it limit your potential. We are all entitled to ou
Introductions
Jump to new posts Re: just joined by Regs @ 07/22/16 04:29 PM

Welcome to the journey Devon. There is real hope here. Know that you are not alone. Know that you did nothing wrong. Know that you can live a better life.
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: A Thousand Little Pieces by zookeeper @ 07/21/16 10:19 PM

Hey Dan Wow, I'm sorry for what you went through. My main abuser once asked to bring my next oldest brother in, but that was one if the few times I refused, but I got beat for it. The thought whoever may have gotten copies of whatever pictures he ma
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Remembering The Pit by kwawk @ 07/21/16 10:07 PM

ZK - Putting this into words is a way of claiming power and perspective, that you have as a man, that you didn't have back then. Thanks for posting and sharing, esp on the hard days.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.