Newest Members
Max1969, rogpsm, physicsfriend, GreyGrackle, Super Conductor
13385 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
casey (48), flaredsoul (34), Madcap (32), susie24 (62)
Who's Online
5 registered (HBUL, betrayed boy, Tom E., CafeMan, 1 invisible), 82 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
13,385 Registered Members
76 Forums
69,401 Topics
483,390 Posts

Most users ever online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: that voice by traveler @ 47 minutes 32 seconds ago

Originally Posted By greenwizardThat actually sounds like a good idea. Although, I would also have a lot of trouble sorting the truths from the lies. I've seen myself as a worthless piece of gutter trash my whole life, and the way others treated me
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: What might you do with freezing fear for life? by Shyshark @ 53 minutes 49 seconds ago

I think green is right about it being an anxiety attack. You don't seem to be exhibiting the classic 'fight or flight' response that comes with a panic attack. Panic attacks are often irrational and intense and of a shorter nature. Anxiety is chron
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Romantic/sexual abuse from sister? *triggers by physicsfriend @ Today at 01:56 PM

I don't think I'm quite ready to tell my whole story in the Survivor Stories yet, so I figured I'd start here. It'll be long enough. My main romantic/sexual abuser in my life was my 2-years-older sister. That's something I've taken a long time to ad
Survivors of Female Abuse
Hi L2R, Sorry to hear that you feel sad about losing your show. I've had very similar experiences. I tend to react in high stress ways to many very subtly sexualized social environments and shows. I just take it as part of my healing process, back
Family and Friends
Jump to new posts Re: Can love be healed?*Triggers* by HealingHope @ Today at 12:17 PM

Thank you, Daniel What's struck me from your words are two profound thoughts. Firstly that you are testament that love really can be healed through steady recovery, self discovery, and courage to face your fears and prepare yourslf to love again, r
Men Abused/Assaulted as Adults
Jump to new posts Re: Abuse without physical force by greenwizard @ Today at 09:45 AM

Not a lot of physical force went into my first assault either. I was drugged. If what the bitch was caught with was any indication, I was given a heavy dose of GHB with some ecstasy thrown in. It made me compliant. Everyone at the bar just saw me
Introductions
Jump to new posts Re: New and unsure by LinEar @ Today at 09:39 AM

Originally Posted By physicsfriendThanks, all, for the welcome and encouragement. Could anyone guide me to the appropriate place to share a little more of my situation and where I'm at? Should I just use the MaleSurvivor forum for that? Thank you
Yale Research Project
Jump to new posts Re: Seventh Discussion Question: Applying research by physicsfriend @ Today at 09:26 AM

Yes, definitely. For starters, I'm a research scientist, so I read journals for my work, but that's in a different field. Regarding topics more related to abuse, I've used research to help me recognize symptoms of trauma and c-ptsd so I could identi
Introductions
Jump to new posts Re: New by traveler @ Today at 08:30 AM

GreyBrackle - what you are describing sounds pretty "normal" for the beginning stages of realizing the truth of abuse. Part of it is shock. part is a struggle to overcome the repression and denial of memories that leaves you distracted and
Military Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: IN RRTP FOR PTSD **NEED ADVICE** by newground @ Today at 08:09 AM

hi grey one Im not sure of what type of group environment you are in. and to my mind the military is woefully inadequate when it comes to training and response to PTSD. but this much is sure, all the research is clear that CSA is a clear risk factor
Male Survivors
Oh boy, yeah, this is upsetting. Ugh!!!
Yale Research Project
Jump to new posts Re: Sixth Discussion Board Question: Dissemination by learning2remember @ Today at 03:58 AM

I think getting it to websites for survivors and offering workshops on practical implications for therapists, etc.
Yale Research Project
Jump to new posts Re: Fifth Discussion Board Question: Facilitators by learning2remember @ Today at 03:57 AM

Knowing about it, being assured of anonymity, ability to do it online.
Yale Research Project
Jump to new posts Re: Third Discussion Board Question: Service Use by learning2remember @ Today at 03:56 AM

Most helpful: Individual sessions with a counsellor at the YWCA. (Yes, it was yWca, and they were amazing. The whole team, from receptionist on up, was very welcoming and understanding.) I think the approach was CBT, but the main thing was someone w
Yale Research Project
Jump to new posts Re: Second Discussion Board Question: Priorities by learning2remember @ Today at 02:07 AM

1) How much does the feminist movement intimidate male survivors? A rhetoric that tends to accuse men, can be heard to us in a different way and be another reason for us to keep silent. (Why should I tell somebody my mother abused me if that person
Yale Research Project
Jump to new posts Re: First discussion board question! by learning2remember @ Today at 02:00 AM

News websites and male survivor. Since I am in a pastor, sometimes I come across things in articles and books about pastoral care.
Yale Research Project
Jump to new posts Re: Fourth Discussion Question: Barriers by learning2remember @ Today at 01:59 AM

My main concern is anonymity. I think I have finally reached a stage where I see this as not my shame, so I don't think I am as concerned about anonymity for my own sake anymore. But, my family of origin doesn't believe me, and my mother was one of
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts My problem by Tryingtolive @ Today at 01:07 AM

I always feel I don't deserve anything. Anything I work for isn't earned. It's given. I don't like involving myself with others. Or take others people help. I always want my way. Don't like authority. I find myself always trying to prove myself to pe
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Taking Leave from Him by Letourski @ Today at 12:56 AM

Solid post. Thank you for sharing
Poetry
Jump to new posts Re: Emotional reality by Tryingtolive @ Today at 12:48 AM

Thank you
Poetry
Jump to new posts Re: The past by Tryingtolive @ Today at 12:47 AM

Thank you guys
Books, Music & Films for Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Music influnces, songs and talk. by greenwizard @ Yesterday at 11:31 PM

I was listening to this song earlier, and I got to thinking. It may not have been intended, but it kinda captures how an abused person feels about their abuser. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JPOtSknsdXs
Introductions
Jump to new posts Re: Greetings from a New Old guy! by Shyshark @ Yesterday at 10:38 PM

Oh my goodness :P Thanks for letting us know.
Gay/Bi/Trans Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Sharing by nomad510 @ Yesterday at 07:00 PM

Hello, Mike! Thanks for sharing with us your very personal story. We each have our own journey to take and many of the same trails, detours, and crossroads are shared amongst us. In regards to the reliving the sexual abuse.... as David pointed o
Introductions
Jump to new posts Re: New Guy by une.vie.d.espoir @ Yesterday at 06:44 PM

Im real sorry for your lost Fozzie yes your inocence, I will personely pray for your lost. Give yourself time and be good whit yourself. Jean-Pierre
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.