Newest Members
firethatwounds, 1martaalling124, Nalh78, bs95, YutoG
13329 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
CanadaGuy (64), Darkheart (45), EricLA (57), Samuel C. Miles (62)
Who's Online
5 registered (greenwizard, 4 invisible), 45 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
13,329 Registered Members
76 Forums
69,061 Topics
480,730 Posts

Most users ever online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Introductions
Jump to new posts Re: MojaveMike just joined by greenwizard @ 3 minutes 8 seconds ago

Hello MojaveMike. This really is a great place to talk about stuff and have people who understand.
Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: What made you feel good today? by greenwizard @ 6 minutes 55 seconds ago

Bacon for brunch!
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Progress I Have Been Told by MojaveMike @ Today at 01:29 PM

I have never experienced a flashback/dissociation that extreme. I feel stronger reading your post. You have a great deal of courage in confronting this.
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: i am back by MojaveMike @ Today at 01:20 PM

I'm new here, so nice to meet you.
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Untangling Anxiety Disorder Symptom***TRIGGERS*** by MojaveMike @ Today at 01:18 PM

Radical Acceptance. That is what I think of when I read your post. Dissociation, confusion, frustration. You were able to write about some intense identity issues in a clear and powerful way. I am glad you wrote this it helps me to see more clearly t
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: I did it by Ceremony @ Today at 12:50 PM

A need like this is very important. That friend will understand. I'm glad you're getting that help!
Family and Friends
Jump to new posts Re: Can I really help?????? by Ceremony @ Today at 11:57 AM

I think there are layers to this csa that keep unpeeling to me. I'm pretty sure I've noted most that are important to me up to the present. I can imagine that after so much time, and your own needs, you've made some decisions on focus too? That bit o
Books, Music & Films for Survivors
I've heard this song a lot over the decades. It's started to mean a lot more now than ever. A connection to some few memories of my early 20's, an exuberance for life that had woke. An energy that overcame my once introverted self, and I was making h
U.S. & World News
Originally Posted By Jacob Shttps://twitter.com/yashar/status/833516009143279616?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw Calls consent "arbitrary and oppressive" Says older men "help" children through sex TRIGGERS and NSFW Wow, JacobS, I think i
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Adoptive parental abuse by New47bliss @ Yesterday at 09:47 PM

Thanks
Spirituality and Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Great Book by 1islandboy @ Yesterday at 09:26 PM

Considering, I am in this forum. A book, I believe that is worth mentioning... Legacy of the Heart: The Spiritual Advantages of a Painful Childhood, by Wayne Muller. House of Pain (Faster Pussycat) island
Jump to new posts Re: Nostalgic by Ceremony @ Yesterday at 08:05 PM

Lol, look what popped up on my YouTube feed. Bee Gees, "You Should Be Dancing" I didn't watch Travolta in that movie for decades, but about a decade ago got into it. I absolutely love "Mama Mia" the movie. And I couldn'
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Self-harm *Trigger warning* by KMCINVA @ Yesterday at 07:14 PM

Lumes48 I can relate. For me as a child I had a prayer I wrote to God, asking that I do not wake in the morning. I did not want to live. Years later as the memories of the abuse took hold I had these thoughts from driving a winding mountain road a
Family and Friends
Jump to new posts Re: Husband's insecurities by greenwizard @ Yesterday at 04:31 PM

What Ceremony suggested may help. Maybe Google articles on body issues. I know there are a ton of articles for women on the subject, but uh, men have body issues too. I know I did, and still do to an extent. I am short, and my girlfriend is an in
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: chapter 4 Whole again by Sterling @ Yesterday at 04:17 PM

Hey Rich, hope you are doing well. I had to print out your post and read it when I was alone . Boy , was I glad I did! This is definitely one of my favorite posts. I laughed a lot when you were describing your abuser...such as when you wrote... &quo
Poetry
Jump to new posts 21 years later by lumes48 @ Yesterday at 02:23 PM

I can see myself in swirls of cloud Their swirling so blurred and heavy It’s warm in here, and I can still see out And I feel so much more like me I feel cosy and snug like I did that night When I was tucked up in bed by 7 My duvet was cute, my da
Family and Friends
Jump to new posts Re: My Partner (spouse) by HealingHope @ Yesterday at 11:53 AM

Heck, ceremony, you made me cry!
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: struggling to communicate by KMCINVA @ Yesterday at 11:39 AM

JScott12 and Michael1965 We shun close contact because we believe or should I say fear the reactions of others to the repulsive act we lived. Sometimes we share when we think the moment is right--sadly it is not always the case. We then feel slighte
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Detached? by KMCINVA @ Yesterday at 11:13 AM

Brian Good for you--taking charge. I laughed when you spoke of the flimsy cardboard box. I thought of the trunk I imagined I had locked all the memories of the abuse in. I thought I had the key and they would never escape. I guess my ironclad trun
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Envying Perpetrators by Tom E. @ Yesterday at 01:53 AM

Hi MojaveMike--- I too have felt weak, passive, introverted all my life & wish I could have been strong & assertive instead. I blamed myself for a long time that I let the abuse happen. Now I'm getting better at not blaming myself.
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: dentist visit - Possible TRIGGERS! by greenwizard @ 02/18/17 09:46 PM

That's awesome you had that realization. My girlfriend has said the same thing to me in a way. Having a reaction to something just means I'm human and have feelings. I think society tends to teach us feelings are a female thing, but that's really
Introductions
Jump to new posts Re: I'm new to this forum by WG @ 02/18/17 08:15 PM

I would echo what they've said - welcome. At the same time, sad you have to be here - just like us. Use the resources made available to you - I didn't think I needed any one of the ones opened to me, then discovered just how needy I was and began th
Family and Friends
Jump to new posts Re: Trying not to let something bug me - and its dumb by HealingHope @ 02/18/17 03:43 PM

Hi wgu, I hear in those words how deeply you've reached into your heart and soul to make sense of your journey, your hopes and needs. Your first few lines summed up exactly my need too... for him to stay & not run away, for me to be by his side a
Family and Friends
Jump to new posts Re: my relationship guide by greenwizard @ 02/18/17 11:34 AM

Dark empathy, I'm glad you also found a good lady. Good women are awesome! We have been talking and trying to figure out how she can get what she wants while I'm still reasonably comfortable. We took some very small baby steps this morning, and wh
Jump to new posts "The Body Keeps the Score" by Ceremony @ 02/18/17 11:04 AM

The Science of How Our Mind... "The Body Keeps the Score" So, I ordered that book. This excerpt from that website link and Kevin making the recommendation is why I bought that book: Quote:In trauma survivors, Van der Kolk notes, the par
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.