Newest Members
Nalh78, bs95, YutoG, Crusty75, TimCalifornia
13327 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
seedbox (62), zraver (44)
Who's Online
4 registered (Tom E., 3 invisible), 40 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
13,327 Registered Members
76 Forums
69,055 Topics
480,686 Posts

Most users ever online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Family and Friends
Jump to new posts Re: My Partner (spouse) by HealingHope @ Today at 11:53 AM

Heck, ceremony, you made me cry!
Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: What made you feel good today? by greenwizard @ Today at 11:49 AM

The sun being out is good. I just checked the weather report, and it's supposed to be nice the next few days. This weather is really not normal for Pennsylvania in February, but I'll take it. I really don't like snow.
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: struggling to communicate by KMCINVA @ Today at 11:39 AM

JScott12 and Michael1965 We shun close contact because we believe or should I say fear the reactions of others to the repulsive act we lived. Sometimes we share when we think the moment is right--sadly it is not always the case. We then feel slighte
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Detached? by KMCINVA @ Today at 11:13 AM

Brian Good for you--taking charge. I laughed when you spoke of the flimsy cardboard box. I thought of the trunk I imagined I had locked all the memories of the abuse in. I thought I had the key and they would never escape. I guess my ironclad trun
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Progress I Have Been Told by KMCINVA @ Today at 11:03 AM

Friday night was an interesting night. I was at a friends house and I went to the bedroom to get changed. I had a difficult week, talking and reliving the abuse and having to speak about periods of the PTSD and certain triggers--which I do not like
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Envying Perpetrators by Tom E. @ Today at 01:53 AM

Hi MojaveMike--- I too have felt weak, passive, introverted all my life & wish I could have been strong & assertive instead. I blamed myself for a long time that I let the abuse happen. Now I'm getting better at not blaming myself.
Family and Friends
Jump to new posts Re: Husband's insecurities by greenwizard @ Yesterday at 11:44 PM

The best advice I can give is to keep being as supportive as you can. Masculinity, and size and everything, it makes my head spin. Unlike Ceremony, I was lucky enough to go to a school that never required showers after gym class. The showers were
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: I did it by zookeeper @ Yesterday at 11:03 PM

Good Work This is tough stuff but you can do it! Your very proud friend Zoo
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: dentist visit - Possible TRIGGERS! by greenwizard @ Yesterday at 09:46 PM

That's awesome you had that realization. My girlfriend has said the same thing to me in a way. Having a reaction to something just means I'm human and have feelings. I think society tends to teach us feelings are a female thing, but that's really
Books, Music & Films for Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Nostalgic by Ceremony @ Yesterday at 08:54 PM

Yeah, it seems I leave a lot off my play lists. Thanks for the inspiration. I had a somewhat sad summer, my girlfriend went home for the summer. She was at college when we met. It was 3 long months. I listened to Bread a lot: About a decad
Introductions
Jump to new posts Re: MojaveMike just joined by WG @ Yesterday at 08:23 PM

Hello MojaveMike - Welcome - its OK to be a bit nervous, this is all new to you. It was all new to us once so we understand. We also understand your need to be here. As manipulated said - you are not alone. We're here with you. As you begin your walk
Introductions
Jump to new posts Re: I'm new to this forum by WG @ Yesterday at 08:15 PM

I would echo what they've said - welcome. At the same time, sad you have to be here - just like us. Use the resources made available to you - I didn't think I needed any one of the ones opened to me, then discovered just how needy I was and began th
Family and Friends
Jump to new posts Re: Trying not to let something bug me - and its dumb by HealingHope @ Yesterday at 03:43 PM

Hi wgu, I hear in those words how deeply you've reached into your heart and soul to make sense of your journey, your hopes and needs. Your first few lines summed up exactly my need too... for him to stay & not run away, for me to be by his side a
Jump to new posts Re: music describes how im feeling better than i can by Ceremony @ Yesterday at 11:38 AM

I don't want to leave that Jane's Addiction song as my last of this run of posts. This is more in tune with what I want, and think of a song in good times. It's sad to me, like where there's my wish for deep connection to my partner.
Family and Friends
Jump to new posts Re: my relationship guide by greenwizard @ Yesterday at 11:34 AM

Dark empathy, I'm glad you also found a good lady. Good women are awesome! We have been talking and trying to figure out how she can get what she wants while I'm still reasonably comfortable. We took some very small baby steps this morning, and wh
Jump to new posts "The Body Keeps the Score" by Ceremony @ Yesterday at 11:04 AM

The Science of How Our Mind... "The Body Keeps the Score" So, I ordered that book. This excerpt from that website link and Kevin making the recommendation is why I bought that book: Quote:In trauma survivors, Van der Kolk notes, the par
Poetry
Jump to new posts Re: Questions with no answers. by Ceremony @ Yesterday at 10:25 AM

I have heard you loud and clear since I got here. I see what your pain is, I understand you, and I care. Be well Ttl. Dear sorrow and pain, in the pit of my soul. My depth I know, growth left fallow. There is a voice, tiny and soft, whose tiny ri
Spirituality and Survivors
Jump to new posts To Quit or to Keep Looking by onsolidground @ 02/17/17 11:56 PM

Okay, so I posted the following message to another post I came across this evening, but then realized the post was from roughly 6 years ago. The original thread discussed issues of not finding support in church. Not finding churches who would discuss
Spirituality and Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: churches by onsolidground @ 02/17/17 11:50 PM

I've only posted once on here, but I was looking through some posts this evening because I felt this urge to; and that's when I came across this. I'm really sorry to hear about your experiences, or lack thereof, in finding support through your loca
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Finding Me by Zappafan @ 02/17/17 05:38 PM

Some interesting changes I have noticed; - I'm starting to be able to emotionally detach from situations that would have normally enraged me, butting in line, road rage etc. It just seems less important - when I speak to people without my anger pre
Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: i love you by Sterling @ 02/17/17 03:34 PM

EXTREMLY TRIGGERING. EXTREMLY TRIGGERING. ONLY WANTING TO RELEASE SO PLEASE DONT READ IF YOU ARE SENSITIVE TO SOME SEXUAL CONTENT PLEASE DONT READ. VERY TRIGGERING. its never enough. i want cock cirl i need you dick. i need love. i need to
Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Pet musings by Sterling @ 02/17/17 03:16 PM

I'm sorry i chuckled a little bit reading this. I painted a picture in my mind , where your dog looks at your cat " you keep this up , you will see what is coming at you" ! Anyway, sorry i needed this. Thanks. James
Sexual Identity Issues
Jump to new posts Re: Sexual triggers? Perhaps. Thoughts = for sure! by Ceremony @ 02/17/17 02:59 PM

I had a bit of a hard time over the holidays, which is to say, I knew I wrote this post but let it go. I'm grateful to all responses, the kindness and relating is immeasurably helpful. YutoG, your post brought this back to the top of "Active To
Gay/Bi/Trans Survivors
You know yourself well . Honor that! Thanks Island ") MR.James
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Self-harm *Trigger warning* by greenwizard @ 02/17/17 11:47 AM

I can relate. I think for me a lot of it is bi-polar disorder, because since my teens I get fleeting thoughts of self harm. But since it happened, when I fall into the pit and start feeling like a stupid and worthless piece of shit, it goes through
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.