Newest Members
Braintree, mason, Consistency Test, pa, Ferguson
13306 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Brianna (31), Firewire (44), Floss1964 (53), gogo (46), Jake_t2398 (33)
Who's Online
0 registered (), 62 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
13,306 Registered Members
76 Forums
68,944 Topics
479,857 Posts

Most users ever online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Will I Ever Stop Crying-Grief by Zappafan @ Today at 02:19 AM

I am going through a similar thing and have been crying for months. One question (as this awareness has helped me), have you noticed any shifts in what the tears represent? For instance when I first broke down I was crying a lot about "why wasn'
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Turning The Corner by Bluedogone @ Today at 12:41 AM

You are SO right. Only the traveler can make the choice of the offer. But please know you don't have to make the choice alone. We are here. The MS resources are here. The T is with you. When faced with the idea of leaving behind the people, places
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Don't Just Look----See by Bluedogone @ Today at 12:17 AM

Too many times I look but don't really see the sensitive wounds that seem so new and exposed. It's not because I look away in doubt or look with unconcern, but rather I see the hurt, shame and cries from the heart only through my own experiences. Tho
Poetry
Jump to new posts Outcast by Tryingtolive @ Yesterday at 06:33 PM

alone in this world. With so many others around. I project myself in a mannered way. But it never feels right. Nothing ever feels normal to me. A conversation seems like chore. I admire people who are so open. Friendly and loving. I project that but
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: How Depression Feels by batman72 @ Yesterday at 04:07 PM

I'm truly sorry, KMCINVA! There are times that I wish I was the only one who experienced these feelings so that no one else would have to. Other times, I'm glad that there are those who understand me. I understand.
Poetry
Jump to new posts What it feels like by Tryingtolive @ 01/20/17 11:30 PM

A roller coaster ride. Similar to my mind. The anticipation. As you wait in line Nervousness and adrenaline. Rushing through as I pretend to be fine. As your waiting your expecting the thrill and the fun. Others around in awe of the ride. But you c
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: I Begin My Blog by Sterling @ 01/20/17 05:53 PM

YOu are taking your power back! Very nicely written , fluid . I can feel empowered . Thanks Kevin. Keep it coming. James
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Barbara Whitfield, Victim, Survivor, Thriver by Ceremony @ 01/20/17 03:40 PM

Thank you Jacob S, for posting the chart that I saw. Reflecting another day, I can see 2 things I do to thrive. Living with an open heart, and understanding pain is temporary and I can take baby steps to process it. Adding new things as I do the work
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: interesting article. by Ceremony @ 01/20/17 03:22 PM

Yes, interesting. I can relate to 2 and 6. Avoidance, and fear have kept me awkward toward making and keeping friends. It's odd to me, that I can function pretty well contacting people for public things. Be polite, concern and desire to be helpful in
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Expectations re: telling people by booksamurai @ 01/20/17 02:06 PM

Zappafan, To tell someone or not. That's a tough one. A friend on MS once told me to ask myself what will I get out of it and then how much will it hurt me if that expectation is not met. He said if the answer to the first was worthy of telling them
Family and Friends
Jump to new posts Re: deleted by HealingHope @ 01/20/17 01:36 PM

Oh my gosh, the sweetest words. I'm in bits, thank you, such a gracious man. If only I could find the words as you have. Thank you x
Books, Music & Films for Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Music influnces, songs and talk. by Ceremony @ 01/20/17 01:04 PM

I give this song a lot of weight regarding music, and myself! Pink Floyd: "Time"
Yale Research Project
Jump to new posts Re: Third Discussion Board Question: Service Use by manipulated @ 01/20/17 11:27 AM

Originally Posted By focusedbodyMost helpful: Approaches that deal with questions of power without being overwhelmed by them. Least helpful: Approaches that don't take into account the different ways the body reacts to sexual trauma TRUTH!
Introductions
Jump to new posts Re: Thank-you for this site *Trigger Warning* by KMCINVA @ 01/20/17 06:08 AM

Jet1977 I am sorry for what you have lived. It is a terribly thing for a child to live. My abuser was a priest, and he too at times had an older boy with us and the older boy was made to do things to me. Only recently have I come to accept the ol
Family and Friends
Jump to new posts Re: Affair or abuse? *Possible trigger* LONG by Ceremony @ 01/20/17 04:29 AM

So Jayde, the first response I gave you, I noted it's possible she dominated the problem, and he demurred. In my history lay experiences of being a scapegoat, bullied, and selfless giving which on reflection hurt myself. An example of that last is th
Introductions
Jump to new posts Re: I'm new to this forum by victor-victim @ 01/19/17 08:00 PM

dear Tom E., endurance is a virtue. it is strength and power and patience combined. thank you for bringing that to the forum. welcome to ms.org
Introductions
Jump to new posts Re: New to the group by victor-victim @ 01/19/17 07:57 PM

dear ImNotTheOnlyOne, no you are most definitely not. you have found many brothers here. i am one. welcome
Introductions
Jump to new posts Re: Hello from a first timer... by victor-victim @ 01/19/17 07:56 PM

dear PaulyMac, congratulations on overcoming your reluctance! your courage will be rewarded. this forum has given me much support throughout the past decade plus. welcome
Introductions
Jump to new posts Re: New here by victor-victim @ 01/19/17 07:53 PM

dear Donald177, sending you thoughts of hope and healing. i have been getting good stuff from this forum for over ten years. i hope it helps you as well. welcome.
Introductions
Jump to new posts Re: Hey all....Another new guy here by victor-victim @ 01/19/17 07:52 PM

dear mason, i am sorry you had to go through all that, but i am glad to have you on board here. i am certain that you will find resources for recovery here. i did. welcome.
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Anyone else? by New47bliss @ 01/19/17 07:31 PM

Thanks George! Your comments sure make sense and I appreciate them very much. I am trying to come to terms with all of these feelings that have been with me since my abuse.
Yale Research Project
Jump to new posts Re: Second Discussion Board Question: Priorities by SmartShadow @ 01/19/17 07:27 PM

Fractured memories, Dissociation, Trama, Repressed sexual development.
Yale Research Project
Jump to new posts Re: First discussion board question! by SmartShadow @ 01/19/17 07:24 PM

Books and websites
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Family reunions question by George @ 01/19/17 03:53 PM

"One co-worker said I had RBF, which they described as resting bitch face, meaning I walked around scowling!" Oh I love that, I'll have to use "RBF" line. "One fascinating thing though. Since I've started working on this st
Poetry
Jump to new posts Re: In Some Insomnia by tommyb @ 01/19/17 03:15 PM

(victor-victim) "...No one knows how deep they'll sink, Digging in the dirt of hell. Some folks think they like the stink. Most say they can't stand the smell..."
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.