Newest Members
spotteddog, Stillthesame, 09061964, PetiteCrow, ECD
13802 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
MADcHATTER (58), Ready2MoveOn (48)
Who's Online
2 registered (Ceremony, Strangeways), 47 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
13,802 Registered Members
75 Forums
71,839 Topics
501,779 Posts

Most users ever online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts When does recovery have to be about choosing sides by Ceremony @ 11 minutes 29 seconds ago

A child, a teen, an adult; we have the possibility of abuses from birth to death. We here know, we get that. When there comes a time to engage the community we live, or the broader sense of that, there is where factors come into play which show our v
Survivors of Female Abuse
Jump to new posts Re: Great Interview w/ Anti-Feminist Professor by Chris4TheMill @ 21 minutes 50 seconds ago

Thanks for the question. There are men here on this section of MS who have expressed great suffering because their struggles and pain are not being acknowledged by the larger society or by many women, especially those closely aligned with modern fem
Jump to new posts Re: Learning to trust women by Ceremony @ 34 minutes 10 seconds ago

Luke, I'll ask you the same thing I asked Chris about the video he just shared: What benefit is that doing you and men here toward recovering? I'm going to point specifically to this, but the overall tone (and I get you've suffered female abuses) has
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: My Voice •••TRIGGERS••• by Esterio @ Today at 12:55 PM

Hi Bri You are an encouragement to me. I am overwhelmed with your strength and determination to get this out. SOME TRICKS GO BAD No shit. I dissociated during most of the time I was hustling on the street. For most I only have a flash of getting
Dark Empathy, I think chance plays a much bigger part in most things than most of us realize. The only role we play in an otherwise random universe, is by being prepared to take advantage of what opportunities present themselves, imo. Also, I think i
U.S. & World News
Jump to new posts Re: coach exploited 400 boys by KMCINVA @ Today at 09:30 AM

It is a sad world, so many children, so much apathy in this world. I truly believe fragmented vs. uniting all survivors regardless of gender, age or type (male/male, female/male, female/female/, male/female, transgender, etc) need a unifying voice.
Poetry
Jump to new posts Re: ) by tommyb @ Today at 06:24 AM

__________ I get you. __________
Jump to new posts Re: | / __ (me falling down) by Jacob S @ Today at 01:58 AM

Thanks everyone. Subtle, she yelled at me because I was her support and her release valve. She and my dad didn't get along and she would tell me all about it. I was her emotional support but also to blame for everything that went wrong with anyone
Humor
Jump to new posts Re: Halloween Qestion by Harry @ Today at 01:07 AM

No, it was a joke. You're good, man.
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: What’s In A Name by jkmtx @ Yesterday at 11:26 PM

First part is for friends and family that have passed away and the last part mtx is part of a mazda transmission call sign both of which brought me great fun and some memories
Poetry
Jump to new posts Re: W) Textbook Case by Sterling @ Yesterday at 08:12 PM

I just feel like listening. I cant read this , sorry. I have adhd. You have a gift for storytelling. kids love this. ...sorry, just trying to own my stuff. hugs. J
Introductions
Jump to new posts Re: New arrival by AuthenticMe @ Yesterday at 07:27 PM

Welcome. Sorry for what brought you here but glad you found us. It’s good to see you write that it’s not your fault-it took me a long time to really feel that way even though it was clearly true.
Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Our user names and avatars how did we choose them by Chase Eric @ Yesterday at 06:30 PM

My current avatar is a diptych of me and the person who brought me here. Both images were from photos taken at same time it all started. It's different - and perhaps a bit controversial. But the contrast is stunning to me and worth sharing. I see
Sexual Abuse/Exploitation In Media
Jump to new posts Re: Trigger Relapse by JayBro @ Yesterday at 01:58 PM

Hey Kevin, I skimmed through the article but will read it more in-depth when I am feeling better. I did read your messages above and below the article. You may very well be dealing with repressed memories. Depending on how long the abuse lasted and
Gay/Bi/Trans Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: I let them use me.. by Harry @ 10/21/18 11:41 PM

Tom, I'm familiar with severe shame and self-degradation, and I'm sorry you went through what you did. I hope you find some peace of mind, Tom. Keep working towards self-love; it is achievable.
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Moving Into Next Phase? by kcinohio @ 10/21/18 10:49 PM

Good to hear of your progress. Thanks for sharing your journey.
Introductions
Jump to new posts Re: Brand new member by kcinohio @ 10/21/18 10:43 PM

Welcome to the MS forums. Hope you find the support here helpful.
Introductions
Jump to new posts Re: me by kcinohio @ 10/21/18 10:41 PM

Hi Wolfg, Welcome to the ms forums. Sorry for the experiences that brought you here and hope you find support here.
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Healing Circle Cancellation Dates by Anomalous @ 10/21/18 10:23 PM

Hi Guys, The Healing Circle is cancelled for the following dates: Sunday, October 28, 2018 and Wednesday, October 31, 2018. Anomalous
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: What Was I Like Before the Abuse? by gettingstronger @ 10/21/18 10:17 PM

My first round of abuse happened about age five, and it's my first really clear memory. Other memories prior to that are vague at best. As far as I can tell, 1. I was trusting and assumed people were good. 2. I was borderline with Asperger's (not
Family and Friends
Jump to new posts Re: New & confused how to help him by gettingstronger @ 10/21/18 09:59 PM

Hi WifeLife, Welcome! I just posted in the F&F section under "Seeds or Keys of Hope" about my own experience with my wife, working through issues like these. I was never in the military and I've disclosed the fact that I was abused t
Family and Friends
Jump to new posts Re: The "Seeds" or "Keys" of Hope by gettingstronger @ 10/21/18 09:19 PM

Chris, Thank you and MS for posting these! If I may share some specifics from my own healing, here are some things my wife has said since I disclosed what happened. I wanted to share these in the hope that they can help someone who loves a surviv
Poetry
Jump to new posts Re: The Hiding Place - TRIGGERS by Ceremony @ 10/21/18 08:32 PM

Yes, it is triggering, but very powerful. There's no doubt of the build up of tension, then betrayal. It's poignantly sad, maddening predictable to the men here. Stating that last, were it to be that outside the Forums, the normies, or just those t
Discussion Board Questions
Hi Tom It was not just the standing in the crowd and feeling alone. It was how fragile I felt I was, I was frozen in time. I don't know what I would have done if that lady had not come up and careful put her hand on me and took me to their table. S
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: It seems everything has stopped (Triggers?) by Stillthesame @ 10/21/18 10:09 AM

The way your worded this really spoke to me. I am grateful that he is in a good place. Everything does effect everyone differently, and I’m seeing that in many different facets of life. I am happy that I found MS and have found support I haven’t
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND at the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.