Newest Members
jonn, Caine, Mark005, spartan2123, 4n0n
13355 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
franksantiago1 (47), MarkH (53), oceanic (44), timsutt67 (50)
Who's Online
2 registered (BDD, 1 invisible), 64 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
13,355 Registered Members
76 Forums
69,240 Topics
482,186 Posts

Most users ever online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: ***TRIGGERS*** The worse thing I've ever done by Ceremony @ 43 minutes 2 seconds ago

That particular year for me, 1973 was the first year of my very negative life too. and I just realized that my second year of 8th grade was in 1975. Time really flies and recalling timeline is kinda hard now that I'm 55. You too? In 1975, when my r
U.S. & World News
Jump to new posts An Inspiring Survivor's Story by SayItRight @ Today at 07:17 AM

Experience: my chickens saved my life https://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle...py_to_clipboard
Poetry
Jump to new posts Re: Personal words of affirmation by SayItRight @ Today at 06:59 AM

This is excellent. Thanks for posting.
Family and Friends
Jump to new posts Re: Can love be healed?*Triggers* by HealingHope @ Today at 04:29 AM

Thank you, Luke. If it feels ok may I ask did you battle with accepting that she did love you? My sense is that my own survivor knows I love him but his self hatred won't believe or accept that I could love him.
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Feeling devastated by Ceremony @ Today at 12:25 AM

Quote:I know that you all would understand this You bet you're understood! Share what you can batman72, lots of caring listeners.
Books, Music & Films for Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: current reading - My link is a trigger by Ceremony @ Today at 12:21 AM

I'm not sure I could get through it. I'm grounding now, after I read this Slate online article about that book: "On Being Raped: Could One Man's ha...o come forward? That article brought my own rape back to my thoughts, which is why I know
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Need to vent by Ceremony @ Today at 12:03 AM

Sorry GW, that woman predator was a nasty person. He sister too. And any of her friends. I'm sorry there's hard feelings from low information folks, thinking they've a right to gossip and judge. The real judge got it right and you're a hero. Stopping
Poetry
Jump to new posts Re: The heavy gravitational pull of feeling by Ceremony @ Yesterday at 11:41 PM

Thanks OCN, I agree with Brian and Ttl. That last about having good to give has been part of my motivation and I like the way you worked up to it.
Humor
Jump to new posts Re: Signs of the Times by Henry Berglund @ Yesterday at 11:31 PM

"Hell is empty and all the devils are here", or so it seems as major events on our planet continue to be typified by chaos, recklessness and fecklessness under the stewardship of a cabal of 'reality creators' with complete disregard for fac
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Something I Realized About Myself by KMCINVA @ Yesterday at 08:47 PM

Paul and Elad1 I am learning many of my idiosyncrasies go back to the abuse. It made me more vigilant about my safety and having the ability to escape. I am finally putting so much of my life together. The doctor had said being locked in the home o
Yale Research Project
Usually as a validator (i.e. yes this stuff is traumatic) Minimizing is my thing.
Yale Research Project
Educating the therapeutic community, then boards like here, 1in6 and Facebook.
Yale Research Project
Jump to new posts Re: Fifth Discussion Board Question: Facilitators by BDD @ Yesterday at 07:00 PM

Knowing about them.
Yale Research Project
Jump to new posts Re: Fourth Discussion Question: Barriers by BDD @ Yesterday at 06:59 PM

Nothing. I haven't been asked (nor have I looked)
Yale Research Project
Jump to new posts Re: Third Discussion Board Question: Service Use by BDD @ Yesterday at 06:58 PM

Most Helpful: A therapist that specializes in MS An all MS group Least Helpful A general therapist (But I got a lot of good work done, but not around the abuse)
Yale Research Project
Jump to new posts Re: First discussion board question! by BDD @ Yesterday at 06:55 PM

Stumble on articles on BBC and New York Times mostly.
Introductions
Jump to new posts Re: New to site by sorryson @ Yesterday at 05:33 PM

AdamAnt I drop in every so often. This site has helped me to be a better me. I learn from everyone and it is a place I can share and vent. Everyone here has been great to me. I hope the site helps you and you heal. Paul
Family and Friends
Jump to new posts Re: How much should CSA effects dictate actions? by WontGiveUp @ Yesterday at 01:29 PM

Thanks Chase Eric, I need all the luck I can get. I dont know about the responsibility thing, part of his problem is he takes none for anything, and its always "something else caused this" - he very much has a victim mentality. I suspect
Health and Wellbeing
Jump to new posts Re: bodywork movement stuff that helps by focusedbody @ Yesterday at 01:05 PM

Linear: Yes, this is a very effective exercise. I'm wondering if you have combined it with anything else, as part of the article suggests trying also. FB
Sexual Identity Issues
Jump to new posts Re: ***TRIGGERS***So here I am by Jay1946 @ Yesterday at 11:56 AM

Originally Posted By grayONEIm very fearful to have children especially a boy. I feel I havent been able to manage this world well how can I teach another male to. Maybe he'll resent me, or think I'm weak. Maybe i'll be detached and unable to show hi
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Trigger Warning-What's Next by zookeeper @ Yesterday at 10:33 AM

Thank you guys B
Gay/Bi/Trans Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Sometimes I feel... by SmartShadow @ 03/26/17 09:46 PM

Hey Tom E, It sounds like you have a really good guy for a partner. How cool is that. I hope your coming to terms and healing gose well. It seems like you are taking care of yourself and are moving forward. I don't think it gets any better then t
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Dissociation and Depression by KMCINVA @ 03/26/17 08:56 PM

FB When this article was sent to me, I realized the truth of my life--dissociation and depression. In both the unpleasantness of the past and present are pushing us to a state to escape. Dissociation for me was partial or total escape and depression
Poetry
Jump to new posts Re: T) by tommyb @ 03/26/17 05:02 PM

Jump to new posts Re: Bey by Older1 @ 03/26/17 02:55 PM

Ouch !!! I had hoped to chat more with him; he is missed. It hurts. Despite his suffering, he gave and taught us lots !!!
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.