Newest Members
Nalh78, bs95, YutoG, Crusty75, TimCalifornia
13327 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
seedbox (62), zraver (44)
Who's Online
6 registered (fallingfast, bluesky, BDD, greenwizard, MACH123, 1 invisible), 30 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
13,327 Registered Members
76 Forums
69,055 Topics
480,685 Posts

Most users ever online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
U.S. & World News
Jump to new posts Re: Jerry Sandusky's adult son accused of CSA by JustScott @ 02/14/17 05:42 PM

My wife told me about this yesterday. My first reply was, "I'm not surprised." and then "Of course that'll just reinforce the whole vampire myth.". I'm surprised it hasn't been bigger news, what with me living a stones throw from
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Bad Day by greenwizard @ 02/14/17 05:38 PM

My girl is home from work now. She's pretty good at being able to tell when I've gone down the self loathing rabbit hole. She tries to help. She gives me statistics on how many people (most of them women) have fallen victim to the same thing every
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: I Begin My Blog by Ceremony @ 02/14/17 05:33 PM

Glad you're having people around, and checking in. I'm going to work now, and will look in late.
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Bad Day by Ceremony @ 02/14/17 04:01 PM

My take is, we're not seeing it that way after a while here, in therapy and getting more time to process. I recall how I went to group, knowing I would share my guilt and shame for putting myself in the place where I was raped. How, I was to blame. I
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Bad Day by greenwizard @ 02/14/17 03:39 PM

Interesting article, thanks. I do this every so often, just feel disgusted with myself and spend most of the day in bed. I don't understand how I could've been so utterly stupid.
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: I Begin My Blog by KMCINVA @ 02/14/17 03:38 PM

Hello Everyone I had to take some time off and regroup. It was a very difficult process, the photos presented were copies of copies of old photos. Extremely grainy and shadowed. Some of the priest looked forward, others only side views, some the ea
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Bad Day by Ceremony @ 02/14/17 03:17 PM

greenwizard, I hope you read this. That reaction is normal, and we get raged up. There's a reason to stay calm though. If there's one thing I hope for, it's that the rage gets better. I have a new awareness of my hypersensitivity to perceived harm.
Introductions
Jump to new posts Re: Another new person by Donald177 @ 02/14/17 02:25 PM

Welcome greenwizard. You will find that you can share your story and receive support and encouragement. Best wishes in your healing.
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Bad Day by greenwizard @ 02/14/17 02:10 PM

Since sometime in the early morning hours I have been mentally beating the crap out of myself. I mean, my god am I stupid! It's very likely that woman put some kind of drug in my drink when I wasn't paying attention. I was too stupid to notice. F
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Detached? by BDD @ 02/14/17 12:25 PM

Originally Posted By zookeeperIt was when I began to look at who I was, and to recount that experience that I began to connect. Bri, A different narrative has been emerging. The facts are the same, but I am seeing myself at the time of the assault
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: my message to all abusers by BDD @ 02/14/17 11:59 AM

So much sadness all around. Your compassion is commendable. Your victory so worthy of celebration. Congratulations!
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: A Year On by WG @ 02/14/17 11:24 AM

Hey Zoo and everyone else in here - Congratulations on recovery! I now have 3 years. I have discovered some truths, too. Yes, it wasn't my fault. Yes, I too, have learned to love myself - not completely - as I've come to learn - but it's getting ther
Introductions
Jump to new posts Re: Thank-you for this site *Trigger Warning* by zookeeper @ 02/14/17 08:13 AM

Jet It seems odd to welcome someone to a group where the entry price is terrible. But it's a good group of great guys and you are welcome. Zoo
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: A Year On by zookeeper @ 02/14/17 08:09 AM

Nope, a Sagittarius. November 23. But the balance isn't always there. But hey, I loved Zappa too! Zoo
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: my message to all abusers by motmcd @ 02/14/17 08:00 AM

Bravo, jas!! Well said.
Sexual Identity Issues
Jump to new posts Re: So sure I was gay... by 1islandboy @ 02/14/17 01:13 AM

I might try and help others by guiding them in a certain direction, but I try really hard not to give advice. (nobody likes a know it all,and I am certainly not that). Initially, I came to MS as a disorganized lost soul that was tired of buying jou
Yale Research Project
Jump to new posts Re: Second Discussion Board Question: Priorities by Rdphish73 @ 02/13/17 10:55 PM

One of the most important priorities for me is to get my/our story out there and to have a voice! It absolutely boggles my mind that in the year 2017, incest and sexual abuse of boys/men is still Taboo!! Sometimes I feel like a person with HIV/AIDS
U.S. & World News
Jump to new posts Jerry Sandusky's adult son accused of CSA by Chase Eric @ 02/13/17 10:21 PM

This is just an awful story. The damage just echoes. And it very publicly feeds into the whole "vampire" thing. There is enough upsetting news in the world today. I certainly wasn't expecting to see this, though. The story is here
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Detached? by zookeeper @ 02/13/17 09:43 PM

Brian Absolutely. It seemed the harder I tried to access my feelings the more numb I became. I knew I should feel a certain way but didn't feel anything. Not happy. Not sad. Nada. It was when I began to look at who I was, and to recount that experie
Family and Friends
Jump to new posts Re: My Husbands memories by New47bliss @ 02/13/17 08:54 PM

Thank you Ceremony. My memories of the perpetrators actions toward me are exactly as you describe. The pleasure and wanting to please was a powerful stimulant and of course my erections did give me away and singled to my perpetrators that I would be
Introductions
Jump to new posts Re: MojaveMike just joined by woodenshoes @ 02/13/17 08:44 PM

Mojavemike Welcome and sorry you need to be here. There are great resources to tap into to help your progress and understanding. Take care. Ws
Men Abused/Assaulted as Adults
Jump to new posts Re: Not sure what to think by greenwizard @ 02/13/17 08:02 PM

Thanks. I live in a pretty small redneck town, but I will look into what is available. All I've really done so far is talk through things with my girlfriend, and I found another bar to go to. I can't take seeing that woman again. When I did all s
Family and Friends
Jump to new posts Re: My Husbands memories by Ceremony @ 02/13/17 07:55 PM

It makes sense to me. I get that pleasure is a power perpetrators use to keep it going. It's not your fault. Our bodies respond to that pleasure and males have a very obvious erection to expose our reaction. It would encourage the perpetrators and be
Men Abused/Assaulted as Adults
Jump to new posts Re: Not sure what to think by Ceremony @ 02/13/17 07:45 PM

Hi again, I was asked if I would tell the police too. However, my rape (2 men) occurred 39+ yrs ago. And they were here on student visas. I have no idea who they were. But, the point is, I was given advice. The people who first helped me are from
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Detached? by BDD @ 02/13/17 07:19 PM

Hi Bluedogone, Ha, I've been using the word "numb" the past few days. But for me detached is more accurate, I can list them, see them, tell you exactly why they are applicable, just not feel them. If I acknowledge the hurt, I start to feel
Page 9 of 11 < 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 >

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.