Newest Members
Meyekell, Muyoso, kaa, bsm, davkli
13206 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
BeesHive (45), ggirl (32), silent bob (52)
Who's Online
3 registered (robwk1988, Banjo596, zookeeper), 43 Guests and 7 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
13,206 Registered Members
75 Forums
68,420 Topics
476,096 Posts

Most users ever online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Hello, I'm back with some amazing news by Magellan @ 09/23/16 10:25 AM

deleted
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Reporting, take two. by KMCINVA @ 09/23/16 08:00 AM

I am so glad the person interviewing understood the need to keep you calm and to feel safe. Sadly many in the professions that see trauma from police, teachers, and even medical people are not trained to deal with trauma victims and believe their wa
Male Survivors
Fucking martyr. "Oh woe is me, I have to drive 45 minutes to school every day, kiss me and make it better or you don't really love me".
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Reporting, take two. by BFree27 @ 09/23/16 07:34 AM

So, good news first: I had the interview and it went much more smoothly than I expected it to. The man was very understanding, opening with me taking as much time and space as I need, and letting me know that it's ok if I need to stop at times. His
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Hello, I'm back with some amazing news by KMCINVA @ 09/23/16 07:19 AM

Luke I am so happy for you--Congratulations!!! You deserve happiness and she sounds like a wonderful woman. I wish you both years and years of health and happiness. It is always wonderful to see and hear wonderful things happening to survivors b
Family and Friends
Jump to new posts Re: Hello, I'm back with some amazing news by dark empathy @ 09/23/16 07:14 AM

Actually that is just what my lady said when the pasta detailed his version of the service, all about woman being made from adam's rib as man's helpmate, with the man pledging to share all his worldly goods with his wife and the woman pledging him he
Poetry
Jump to new posts Re: smiles or tears by Ceremony @ 09/23/16 07:10 AM

Hugs Shyshark. Endure.
Poetry
Jump to new posts Re: Triggers in the storm by Ceremony @ 09/23/16 07:08 AM

Wow, that's good FF. Thanks.
Poetry
Jump to new posts Re: Not making sense by Ceremony @ 09/23/16 07:05 AM

Ttl, I get it. Hugs. My guess is, this place, where men get this. can help with time.
Family and Friends
Jump to new posts Re: Pushing away - a survivors perspective by dark empathy @ 09/23/16 07:04 AM

yep, addiction to isolation is actually a problem. The most difficult problem is for an intravert a degree of isolation is necessary, really I get "peopled out" if I'm around people too much even people I like. Again this is one area where
Poetry
Jump to new posts Re: A fake smile by Ceremony @ 09/23/16 06:59 AM

Thank you, I share that thinking. We called it something years ago... that's too... whatever I think we think about ourselves because of sensitivity. Ok, for me, I'm sensitive to love. I crash, don't want to believe I am loved, how can I be? See,
Poetry
Jump to new posts Re: Tired by Ceremony @ 09/23/16 06:47 AM

Hello Ttl, I've understood your poems, and noticed you've a lot of them. I'll be looking back. I've been using my life, with exact words to express in my posts. In a way as if I would speak them, except one, I did some rhyme, I do talk like that some
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Hello, I'm back with some amazing news by Ceremony @ 09/23/16 06:15 AM

Thanks for the history of "dark empathy", a more interesting than my choice. I picked it because some songs, or in this case a particular band has been along the ride of my life. During a low ebb, I discovered Joy Division and New Order ou
Family and Friends
Jump to new posts Re: Pushing away - a survivors perspective by HealingHope @ 09/23/16 06:09 AM

Thank you again for taking so much trouble to respond. It all makes so much sense. I'd never considered that isolation was addictive, a totally new concept for me. Perhaps it also links to control? In that it feels safer alone than being around the u
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Mixed Emotions by dark empathy @ 09/23/16 04:37 AM

Hi Zk. this is great to here, congrats for taking charge of your past rather than have it be in charge of you.
Family and Friends
Jump to new posts Re: Pushing away - a survivors perspective by dark empathy @ 09/23/16 04:31 AM

@Healing hope, a couple of thoughts. Firstly, you mention that your husband says "to protect you" I can only speak from personal experience, but believe me this desire not to hurt someone can be very, very very! powerful and result in th
Family and Friends
Jump to new posts Re: Hello, I'm back with some amazing news by HealingHope @ 09/23/16 04:30 AM

It's sounds like you really stuck to your guns to ensure the connection you celebrated was absolutely about you and your lady's truth ... a harmonious partnership, not what was stereotypical. I'm so happy too that you managed to navigate the techni
Poetry
Jump to new posts Tired by Tryingtolive @ 09/23/16 04:17 AM

Mentally. Emotionally. Physically. Tired. Barely get my day started and before I know it. it's over. Days add on. Weeks pass Months come and go. Life certainly doesn't hold up for anyone. No waiting No time outs. No rest. Life goes on. As I wish
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Hello, I'm back with some amazing news by dark empathy @ 09/23/16 04:03 AM

@Magellan, if you cannot learn how have you had "A rude awakening?" I believe socrates was the one who says the wise man knows how little he knows, and if that starts with yourself, that is a good place to start. @Ceremony, Hello, nice t
Family and Friends
Jump to new posts Re: Hello, I'm back with some amazing news by dark empathy @ 09/23/16 03:49 AM

@Healing hope, thanks, I'm glad some of what I said helped, and indeed that's one reason I've not been particularly pleased about the technical issues which got in the way, and were weerdly prevasive. @Won't give up, I'm still not sure about "
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Survivors have an 80% chance of being an addict? by 1islandboy @ 09/23/16 02:06 AM

Alcoholism is rampant throughout my family. It was also made readily available, as part of the grooming process. I was led to believe, that it was natural benefit of doing other adult stuff. I was so naive. I believe now, that was only a half trut
U.S. & World News
Jump to new posts Re: Rape Wouldn't Exist If... by jj78 @ 09/22/16 10:32 PM

Originally Posted By catfish86Statement taken out of context for political purposes. The forces of Hillary Clinton talking about someone else not taking rape and sexual harassment seriously. Given her track record of treatment of victims of her husb
Family and Friends
Jump to new posts Re: Hello, I'm back with some amazing news by WG @ 09/22/16 10:23 PM

Luke - You had that marvelous, wonderful, fairy tale type of day and you deserved every moment ! Wish we all could have been there and watched and applauded and danced and ate and laughed and had the most wonderful celebration for you. Just you and y
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Mixed Emotions by WG @ 09/22/16 10:16 PM

You're most welcome, zoo. We are all learning how to be what we were meant to be in the first place but it all got derailed a long while back......that's right "I'm not dead yet!"
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Mixed Emotions by zookeeper @ 09/22/16 09:15 PM

WG, thank you (and the T) for the rec. And honestly, the bat crap crazy line only referred to me. And I don't think you guys know it, but I have looked up to you all as heroes since the day I logged onto this site. You guys (all of you) are absolutel
Page 8 of 10 < 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 >

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.