Newest Members
MDboy301, notsmart, Monsoon, Raioraio, Hoss
13459 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Daniel McKinney (38), Framery (47), JohanDoug (73), ltlkty (58), Rdphish73 (44)
Who's Online
5 registered (Hoss, KazuKun, Ceremony, 2 invisible), 80 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
13,459 Registered Members
75 Forums
69,780 Topics
487,179 Posts

Most users ever online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Books, Music & Films for Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Music influnces, songs and talk. by Ceremony @ 07/19/17 03:09 PM

"What if I say you're not like the others"...!! This Foo Fighters song has a lot of symbolism for me. David gets going and the sequentially numbered adversaries line up opposite. It's obvious there'll be some kind of confrontation... 1) S
Poetry
This poem hurts, it's so sad.. I teared up & that's good. When friends betray you..it just really makes you feel worthless.
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Tainted, continated, unclean ??? by Tom E. @ 07/19/17 02:31 PM

You are NOT garbage! You are just wounded, & can heal.
U.S. & World News
Great article .. and we do have a voice now.
Poetry
(((Eirik))) I have no words. It's heartbreaking that it changed into that. You had every reason to expect it to come back, for him to snap out of it. What you had before certainly seems worth hoping for it's return.
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Tainted, continated, unclean ??? by manipulated @ 07/19/17 01:23 PM

Daniel, Obviously the "core group" thinks you are part of that core. Often others can see us much better than ourselves. They are not seeing through the eyes of our past and see only the person of the present.
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Tainted, continated, unclean ??? by DanielQ432 @ 07/19/17 12:44 PM

Yeah, it's weird, about this concept. I actually just sent a pretty detailed text to my therapist about the questions, just said I wanted to give him advance warning so he could ponder where this comes from. I skipped my boot camp this morning, l
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Tainted, continated, unclean ??? by DanielQ432 @ 07/19/17 12:38 PM

No, don't know them or the song, but I'll listen to it shortly when I can concentrate on it. SNL has been something in my life since the early days - I was allowed to stay up late the one year when I didn't get dragged to the horrible visit with &qu
Sexual Identity Issues
Jump to new posts Re: My (bi)sexual identity by Cyclingmad @ 07/19/17 12:08 PM

Wow some really good insights here, it is so helpful to hear from other people that have walked the road I have and to find out my thoughts are not so different to theirs. So hard to get help and advice when the people you talk to have no idea what i
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Charade Continues by DanielQ432 @ 07/19/17 12:01 PM

Kevin, I wonder if either cutting ties completely, at least for a while, or in the alternate, some kind of group therapy with these people (I assume are family?), would be options for you in your situation at all? It seems to me you are deeply hurt
U.S. & World News
Sexual abuse survivor explains why it’s vital male victims have a voice http://metro.co.uk/2017/02/10/sexual-abu...-voice-6433636/
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Accepting and denying how do they play out by greenwizard @ 07/19/17 10:36 AM

I kind of get it I think. It wasn't family that did those things to me. But after it happened I was pretty sure something happened that I really didn't like and made me feel violated. I told a few people who told me I was imagining things. All th
Progress
Jump to new posts Huge progress :-) by anonDK @ 07/19/17 08:54 AM

I'm just making huge progress here :-) As it turns up, my catastrophic thinkin about seeing a female T was unfounded. She comforted me. Said that it might be good, that she sort of 'steps in the shoes' of the perp herself. She becomes her, like, when
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Charade Continues by KMCINVA @ 07/19/17 08:37 AM

I do not want to worry those around me. I was just asked because I was not seen for several days--in a frantic way--am I alright. Some I know around me are quite concerned. Of course I answer I am great--so as not to worry. In a way I want to be i
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Tainted, continated, unclean ??? by Ceremony @ 07/19/17 08:27 AM

Do you know the Replacements from Minneapolis? I didn't get to go see them and I was there. I was not much aware of anything, I isolated in my fear to be anywhere. I was also a scared shitless little boy of 17-20. That little boy is still fighting to
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: PTSD and Deliberate Triggers by Ceremony @ 07/19/17 07:54 AM

Thanks Kevin. I went into therapy yesterday a hot mess, crying easily. She let me get some of it out, and about the half mark, she helped direct me to finding a new part of me. I've been bringing into my focus, all those hurt children from my past.
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Tainted, continated, unclean ??? by DanielQ432 @ 07/19/17 07:54 AM

Well, yes ... and no. Any mention of this entire mindfullness business that is everywhere now, like the cover of Time, leaves a very bitter taste in my mouth. Aside from re-traumatized and terrified, I was livid over the 2012 experience; that was t
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Accepting and denying how do they play out by KMCINVA @ 07/19/17 07:26 AM

TryingtoLive Well said and I relate to your words. Acceptance is hard and when family denies the abuse it only compounds our pain. I heard words and stories one would not believe from family. Their words have traveled far and wide. Yet they deny the
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Tainted, continated, unclean ??? by Ceremony @ 07/19/17 06:52 AM

I'm trying to be careful with this response... Take your time, please breath for a minute..... . . . . . . . Inside of me, I have parts that I've only just begun to explore with the help of my T, and the training of Janina Fisher, and others. I'm fin
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: You guys are awesome by Ceremony @ 07/19/17 06:40 AM

(((anonDK))) "I can do it afraid"!! And I'm sure it's having MS that's helping do that.
Poetry
Jump to new posts Re: In my faded memories by Ceremony @ 07/19/17 06:38 AM

I'm glad you can post that poem. It resonates. I'm glad you're believed here!!
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Accepting and denying how do they play out by Ceremony @ 07/19/17 06:35 AM

Yes Ttl it makes sense. That's a clear post of what you're dealing with inside. I think to some degree you've explained a significant block to your healing, I'm reticent to express this, worried to add to your discomfort. I do think some of the heali
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts You guys are awesome by anonDK @ 07/19/17 06:26 AM

Yeah. Just wanted to put that out. I'm proud to be a Male Survivor. We are in this together. We heal together. You guys have been so helpful and supportive all the way and for that I'm grateful. Thank you! This has really helped me tremendously bein
Poetry
Jump to new posts In my faded memories by Tryingtolive @ 07/19/17 02:42 AM

In my memories, I hide. Some I can't forget. In my memories, I cry. Some I can't tell. In my memories, Iam burried. Some I can't remember. In my memories, Iam whole Some I can't cut away. In my memories, Iam lost Some I can't find. In my memories, t
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Tainted, continated, unclean ??? by DanielQ432 @ 07/19/17 02:25 AM

What is that concept of feeling about? I guess it was always there in my mind, but now it has come forward to this place where I asked someone yesterday how they could stsnd to look at me, touch me, associate with me? It's something I always felt a
Page 8 of 11 < 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 11 >

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.