Newest Members
Leelin, Max1969, rogpsm, physicsfriend, GreyGrackle
13386 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Arcotraz (28), bigsteve225 (69), Haly (56), Larrymat (71), Moving_On _Out (64), TJ jeff (45)
Who's Online
6 registered (Jer, Max1969, genedebs, HBUL, 2 invisible), 65 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
13,386 Registered Members
76 Forums
69,420 Topics
483,536 Posts

Most users ever online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Books, Music & Films for Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Music influnces, songs and talk. by greenwizard @ 04/23/17 11:31 PM

I was listening to this song earlier, and I got to thinking. It may not have been intended, but it kinda captures how an abused person feels about their abuser. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JPOtSknsdXs
Military Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: IN RRTP FOR PTSD **NEED ADVICE** by Ceremony @ 04/23/17 11:26 PM

If there are any adult groups for males, it's going to be rare in my experience. Google might get you the best chance to find out if SC has any in your area? I would think a good therapist at the VA might know if men at the VA want to meet about SA f
Military Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: IN RRTP FOR PTSD **NEED ADVICE** by grayONE @ 04/23/17 11:04 PM

Any adult groups available for Males maybe residential?
Military Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: IN RRTP FOR PTSD **NEED ADVICE** by grayONE @ 04/23/17 11:01 PM

Thanks! Its focused on combat trauma. No problem I couldnt qualify to be in the program if that wasnt the case. I also have the SA from childhood, recently surfaced hard and I brung it all here. Its all PTSD correct??? But the focus is strictly comba
Introductions
Jump to new posts Re: Greetings from a New Old guy! by Shyshark @ 04/23/17 10:38 PM

Oh my goodness :P Thanks for letting us know.
Men Abused/Assaulted as Adults
Jump to new posts Re: Abuse without physical force by physicsfriend @ 04/23/17 10:37 PM

Force is definitely not required for consent to be absent. I'm sorry for what happened; a lot of perpetrators take advantage of a person's hesitation or uncertainty about the situation. Indeed, having your boundaries suddenly steamrolled is pretty
Military Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: IN RRTP FOR PTSD **NEED ADVICE** by Ceremony @ 04/23/17 09:49 PM

I lived in residential type of life change counseling and coaching back when I was 17. It was a very difficult situation and I was scapegoated by 1 guy, a year older. I was put through a day of hell, and given undeserved punishment, before they final
Military Survivors
Jump to new posts IN RRTP FOR PTSD **NEED ADVICE** by grayONE @ 04/23/17 09:11 PM

Well my story is already up for those who need that information. I came to RRTP to get a handle on my life and symptoms. Its not going well though. Even though Im a combat veteran Im finding myself being single out by other vets and staff. These guys
Gay/Bi/Trans Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Sharing by nomad510 @ 04/23/17 07:00 PM

Hello, Mike! Thanks for sharing with us your very personal story. We each have our own journey to take and many of the same trails, detours, and crossroads are shared amongst us. In regards to the reliving the sexual abuse.... as David pointed o
Introductions
Jump to new posts Re: New and unsure by Free Radical @ 04/23/17 06:50 PM

physics, I was sexually abused as a child. But a huge percentage of my pain and confusion come from my dad who was never sexually abusive. Physically, verbally and etc yes, but never sexually.. Still, i find it safe to share my stories and issues,
Introductions
Jump to new posts Re: New Guy by une.vie.d.espoir @ 04/23/17 06:44 PM

Im real sorry for your lost Fozzie yes your inocence, I will personely pray for your lost. Give yourself time and be good whit yourself. Jean-Pierre
Jump to new posts Re: Abuse without physical force by une.vie.d.espoir @ 04/23/17 06:38 PM

Hi Howard well my dad never force me to do anything sexual. It was kind of playing together. Like wen i was young whit my friends I discover that it was normal to have sex whit my friends because it was of curiosity and exploration. My dad had a way
Introductions
Jump to new posts Re: New and unsure by Ceremony @ 04/23/17 06:25 PM

Welcome physicsfriend. We're very aware of situations of fear and uncertainty. And the time I've been here, I've read of a woman who drugged a man, had her way and did harm. I will let him tell his story, he'll know whom I mean, if he's around? The
Introductions
Jump to new posts Re: New and unsure by une.vie.d.espoir @ 04/23/17 06:24 PM

I am real sorry to ear your experience. One thing i know is that you take your time make a step back. This is the place to do so, Take care and welcome. Jean-Pierre
Introductions
Jump to new posts New and unsure by physicsfriend @ 04/23/17 06:14 PM

Well, hello, MS community. I hope it's okay for me to be here because, at the moment, I can't be 100% sure that I am a victim of sexual assault (although I have good reason to think I was). I don't think this is the right place to go into all the de
Introductions
Jump to new posts Re: New by woodenshoes @ 04/23/17 06:00 PM

GreyGrackle Amazon has a good selection of books for survivors. I am sorry you were not protected as a young child but betrayed by the people that should be protecting us from the abuse. Keep sharing to release the poison of the abuse. Letting
Jump to new posts Re: Abuse without physical force by woodenshoes @ 04/23/17 05:53 PM

Howardcosell1990 So sorry for what happen to you. I wish you success in healing from such a horrific break of trust. Thinking of you. Ws
Spirituality and Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: prayer? by Tom E. @ 04/23/17 05:43 PM

Thank God there has been improvement.
Introductions
Jump to new posts Re: Hi everyone I'm new here. by Ceremony @ 04/23/17 05:41 PM

Politely pointing out, the Birthdays links, is getting some very old introductions brought to the top. This is over 5 years old.
Introductions
Jump to new posts Re: Hi everyone I'm new here. by nomad510 @ 04/23/17 05:36 PM

Congrats Johnny, you're making the first steps. It's like riding a bicycle and gets easier over time. The journey won't always be easy and may lead you to unexpected places but you can be sure that you will be rewarded for the hard work you do. Go
Introductions
Jump to new posts Re: Hi everyone I'm new here. by nomad510 @ 04/23/17 05:35 PM

Congrats Johnny, you're making the first steps. It's like riding a bicycle and gets easier over time. The journey won't always be easy and may lead you to unexpected places but you can be sure that you will be rewarded for the hard work you do. Go
Jump to new posts Re: prayer? by traveler @ 04/23/17 04:53 PM

thanks again, especially Sharky and Tom E. here's an update: She was in the hospital from Mon afternoon till Fri evening. We brought her home a week ago Fri. the docs had done all the tests they could think of, including ones for several tropical d
Jump to new posts Re: Abuse without physical force by Chase Eric @ 04/23/17 04:09 PM

Your post resonates quite a bit with me. When we look back, it is from a perspective of safety, and we can judge ourselves harshly and question any right we have to the integrity that was taken from us. I had one episode of sexual abuse as an adult.
Jump to new posts Re: prayer? by Tom E. @ 04/23/17 04:02 PM

I pray for your daughter's recovery
Jump to new posts Re: Abuse without physical force by HBUL @ 04/23/17 03:32 PM

Hi Howard-I am new here and just joined, but I was younger than you but was never forced by my uncle to do things. So I am not sure that all abuse is by force if that makes sense which has made it confusing for me to think through as some guys I hav
Page 8 of 13 < 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 12 13 >

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.