Newest Members
Hopefulforpeace, anonDK, Thomas O, Noname20, Sober Survivor
13349 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
bodser (48), lars3229 (43), newo (57)
Who's Online
5 registered (motoman, Bluedogone, booksamurai, 2 invisible), 40 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
13,349 Registered Members
76 Forums
69,207 Topics
481,954 Posts

Most users ever online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Trigger Warning-Was I A Good Boy Daddy? by greenwizard @ 03/18/17 10:56 AM

(((zookeeper)))
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Trigger Warning-Was I A Good Boy Daddy? by zookeeper @ 03/18/17 10:38 AM

Thank you to all of you. My grasp on sanity lately has been a bit tenuous. Each of you makes the days and nights a little easier.. Your friend Zoo
U.S. & World News
Jump to new posts The new TSA invasive pat down rules hurt victims!! by Ceremony @ 03/18/17 10:33 AM

"What TSA Screenings Mean for Sexual Assault Survivors" I know this is a horrible new invasion of privacy. It's crud beyond belief! These rules have no business in society!!
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: wow by motmcd @ 03/18/17 09:09 AM

Go with Ceremony's suggestion, gw, and write down your thoughts. Use those notes as prompts to remind you as you speak or simply read what you wrote. There is nothing wrong with you reading your victim's statement. Cheers to you again for a job w
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Bey by Sven @ 03/18/17 09:05 AM

damn
Male Survivors
Noname20 Welcome! I don't think that you were fooling any of those guys with your age at 12-13+, they knew you were younger, they took advantage of you, you just happened to make it easier for them. At that age you may have been super horny, but y
Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: It feels awful by Ceremony @ 03/18/17 08:06 AM

Well, I'm of a mind to get to the surgery myself, but am dubious of whether I'll be able to get home alone... Get it, "Home Alone"? Being silly aside, and that I'm making fun of my situation, to me isn't bad. My reactions, my choices of
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: wow by greenwizard @ 03/17/17 11:56 PM

You know, writing down my feelings isn't a half bad idea. I keep being told it will help me to look her in the face and tell her what she's done to me. I know she doesn't care, but it's more the act of getting it off my chest.
Male Survivors
Noname20, welcome to MS, and it's encouraging to see you working on your thoughts. The issue can be complex, and some may have insight that I don't as I write this post? I want you to know this is a place where we can try to work on our confusion. Yo
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: My girl said I was sexually abused several times by greenwizard @ 03/17/17 11:51 PM

Honestly, what happened doesn't sound like abuse to me either. Everyone you were with thought you were of legal age because you lied, and nobody forced you. It sounds like maybe you had a sex addiction with a father figure fetish, but that is a sep
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: has anyone tried EMDR? by Ceremony @ 03/17/17 11:34 PM

I think EMDR is going to work for me because I'm sure of my traumas. I think if one pops up like that Hoops7, that can derail the process. What I understand of it, is that the session takes a part of the trauma, it's focused on and the EMDR session s
Sexual Identity Issues
Jump to new posts Re: So sure I was gay... by Noname20 @ 03/17/17 11:21 PM

I don't know but over time I kind of went from gay to bisexual with an equal preference over the last 2 years. I thought I was gay at 12. Not due to abuse I just liked guys back then etc..... It shifted a bit in my upper teens. Now I'm biromantic bis
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: has anyone tried EMDR? by Hoops7 @ 03/17/17 11:03 PM

EMDR is why I'm here. A couple days after a session (I had had 1-5, I forget) I was sitting at home reading something on the internet having nothing to do with anything sexual. And I had a body memory and a flash of what I was made to do, by a face
Books, Music & Films for Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: My theme song by Ceremony @ 03/17/17 10:57 PM

I'm pretty sure that came out in late 1991 or early 1992. I had it, or have it on cassette. That song is part of my mindful collection. It's part of me. Thanks for sharing.
Male Survivors
Like generally I don't think I had the typical symptoms of being abused. Ive always had a high sex drive and maintained two long term. Relationships just fine I never felt at all vulnerable or even scared as stupid and naive that may sound but I neve
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: wow by Ceremony @ 03/17/17 10:54 PM

If it seems to calm the situation? Write what you might say, to let it out. Whether you use any of it or not, it's good to let it out. That anger when you got here will need to be processed with your therapist, so she's left you with more than insecu
Books, Music & Films for Survivors
Jump to new posts My theme song by greenwizard @ 03/17/17 10:31 PM

I've always related through music, and this song, it conveys exactly how I feel. It's like whoever wrote it was looking right into my soul, it's almost eerie. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NRtvqT_wMeY
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: wow by greenwizard @ 03/17/17 10:26 PM

I feel like I'm being pushed to make a victim statement Monday morning. I don't even know what I would say.
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts My girl said I was sexually abused several times by Noname20 @ 03/17/17 10:25 PM

OK so when I was a teen I thought I was gay because I didn't like the idea of having like piv sex. And I was attracted to men primarily older men. I was like 12 and thought I knew I was gay. My mom had boyfriends I was attracted to. And yeah I seemed
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Bey by betrayed boy @ 03/17/17 10:16 PM

omg i just found out 10 mins ago im too messed up to write what i need/want to say so forgive me till i can compose myself...till we meet again bey u have a place in my heart ............shine on you crazy diamond
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: what has the abuse cost you? by Suwanee @ 03/17/17 08:52 PM

Eirik, I'm amazed that I'm just now seeing this thread... Often, our sentiment cannot be conveyed in syllables. Instead, it's a wordless glance, a look, or an expression. Your presence telegraphed more than words could convey. (((Eirik))) Will
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Trigger Warning-Was I A Good Boy Daddy? by Suwanee @ 03/17/17 08:40 PM

Originally Posted By zookeeperYou brought me to the woods to go fishing, but the pole never got wet. In my Walter Mitty mind, I fancy myself a writer looking for efficiency while still capturing the full essence of a topic or theme. Even though my si
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Bey by Suwanee @ 03/17/17 08:20 PM

Shalom, B (and also with you Alex). Will
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: 48 year old man going insane - **poss triggers** by svssurvivor @ 03/17/17 08:03 PM

Thanks Ceromony, I've looked through your guides and dine a quick search but can't find any here in the U.K. Have PMd another U.K. User who said he was going to go to a therapist in a previous post to see if he had any suggestions. I'm not aware o
Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: It feels awful by Ceremony @ 03/17/17 06:47 PM

Thank you all for the kindness. I'm working on the idea of this and it's part of the EMDR that's starting this coming Monday. I'll try to write, thanks for encouraging me to keep going and have hope.
Page 7 of 11 < 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 >

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.