Newest Members
Justwanttohelp, nomorepain, Concernedmom06, 11HealingMan11, LearningtoHeal
13487 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
blueturtle (49), David C (43), DavidC (43), Derdlecar (64), Hector (57)
Who's Online
0 registered (), 83 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
13,487 Registered Members
75 Forums
69,947 Topics
488,389 Posts

Most users ever online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Sexual Identity Issues
Jump to new posts Re: I don't like being a man by Ceremony @ 08/17/17 01:07 PM

Hey Chris, well said, and thank you.
Gay/Bi/Trans Survivors
Jump to new posts should i tell him i am not a fan of kissing? by Sterling @ 08/17/17 01:00 PM

A guy let's call him Darren. Helped me a lot. LOts and lots of affection. ( I loved it!!) But. one thing. I kissed him a bit. it was fine. But then when I was leaving his place .... he wanted kiss some more. I got grossed out by it. Didn't
Introductions
Jump to new posts Re: Greetings. by Tellurye @ 08/17/17 12:44 PM

Hey, MeditativeCycler! You said you always have a joke ready. Well let me tell you, bucko, you aren't allowed to be funnier than me! LOL I wont have it, darn you! ROFL!! Just kidding! Yes, Im the weirdest and most obnoxious one on here. Youll
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Do fetishes go away with treatment? by MeditativeCycler @ 08/17/17 10:54 AM

Originally Posted By JohnnyC It's so crucial for us to not feel shame about the fetishes that resulted from our abuse. There is no such thing as normal. Thank you for the kind words. The tricky bit, for me, is that ALL of my fetishes are about be
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Do fetishes go away with treatment? by JohnnyC @ 08/17/17 10:44 AM

I was getting ready to post the link to the PT article but saw Dan99 above just did it We were inappropriately sexualized, branded perhaps, by the people who did this to us. I don't think we can erase it. It's a part of us, just like that scar on m
Humor
Jump to new posts Re: Joke on Co-worker by Tellurye @ 08/17/17 10:08 AM

Funny stuff!
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: How do I tell my wife by learning2remember @ 08/17/17 10:05 AM

Hm. I'm really glad telling your wives worked out for the people who posted in this thread so far, and I am especially relieved for NoVictim. Congratulations for your courage. Early in my healing I told my wife, and it didn't go well. She does not
Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Double standard by Chris4TheMill @ 08/17/17 10:02 AM

House - This does sound like a double standard. Furthermore, in my opinion, anyone who knowingly has HIV and is reckless about infecting anyone, should be charged with reckless endangerment, or worse, attempted murder.
Introductions
Jump to new posts Re: Hey, Guys! Got room for one more? by Tellurye @ 08/17/17 09:53 AM

Thanks so much for the greetings, guys! Keep 'em coming. You guys are making me feel better already.
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: How do I tell my wife by WG @ 08/17/17 08:55 AM

I was quite amazed (relieved) to see the response from my wife when I told her. Also my children. Quite different than the scenario I had in my mind. Acceptance, sadness, tears, and incredible support. Could not have asked for anything better. We mig
Introductions
Jump to new posts Re: Hey, Guys! Got room for one more? by WG @ 08/17/17 08:48 AM

Welcome, Tellurye. I didn't face my stuff for almost 50 years. Just like the other guys in here who have a wife/girlfriend/woman of some sort in their lives - she thought I had a woman or another guy on the side, that I didn't love her, that I was so
Introductions
Jump to new posts Re: Greetings. by Donald177 @ 08/17/17 08:48 AM

Welcome MeditativeCycler! I am glad you are here. I am sorry for what brings you here. You will find that the men here are so supportive and encouraging. No judgements are found here. Share as you feel comfortable. Feel free to message me anytime sh
Introductions
Jump to new posts Re: Greetings. by WG @ 08/17/17 08:37 AM

Hello MeditativeCycler - welcome. We're here to walk with you, and let you "Be You".
Family and Friends
Jump to new posts Re: Jewelgirl50 and son update by WG @ 08/17/17 08:33 AM

Happy birthday, darkempathy! I hope its a good day for you.
Family and Friends
Jump to new posts Re: Jewelgirl50 and son update by WG @ 08/17/17 08:32 AM

So glad to know this. You have been part of a miracle. It isn't often that the family, at least you anyway, get on board with a survivor's recovery. Glad we were able to assist. It's sort of how my therapist has told me, we've been given a dark gift
Sexual Identity Issues
I think so many people do not understand the concept of imprinting on a developing mind--a child's mind--and the confusion it can lead the child to live for a lifetime. Finding who one is as a person is difficult under the best of circumstances. Th
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Do fetishes go away with treatment? by Dan99 @ 08/17/17 06:36 AM

Wow, so brave of you to start tackling this tough stuff. Good for you, man. You might want to check out this link that JohnnyC posted, too: http://www.discussion.malesurvivor.org/b...4696#Post514696
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: This article is incredible by Dan99 @ 08/17/17 06:32 AM

Great article. Wish I'd read it 30 years ago. Of course this thinking wasn't around then What he says about eliminating shame seems so on point to me. I'd encourage anyone working on this issue to reach out to Joe and ask for the name of a therapi
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: How is it that I still blame myself? by Dan99 @ 08/17/17 06:21 AM

Interesting topic. I was just thinking this same thing as I was making my morning coffee. Why blame myself? Why be so self-hating? I get so angry at that "stupid kid" I was. That stupid kid was 7 and didn't even have the slightest idea abo
Off Topic
Jump to new posts Double standard by house @ 08/17/17 03:34 AM

there was a story on the new yesterday a 50 year old man was caught having sex with a 15 year old boy in the 15 year old basement, the mom came home to find him in the house. Turns out it happened two times before. The fifty year old man has HIV and
Sexual Identity Issues
Living with any obsession is not healthy, when I'm triggered SSA sexual thoughts never leave my mind, hours feel like minutes, it take away from having other experiences in my life. No one fully has my attention ever. I can not commit to any exper
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: When one of 'it takes two'... isn't by Ceremony @ 08/17/17 01:38 AM

It's physically and emotionally draining to endure an hour of my wife's tirade. It can't be over, she'll be sure to make every effort to disturb me. she's had this playbook for 32 years of 33.
Poetry
Jump to new posts As I change by Tryingtolive @ 08/17/17 01:06 AM

As I change I look for meaning. Always retreating. Covering the tracks,Falling behind, Slow to react. Hesitant with my actions, hiding the facts. Looking up to the sky. Wondering why. Tears in my eyes, why do I even try. Loneliness it never leaves.
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: How is it that I still blame myself? by greenwizard @ 08/17/17 12:59 AM

Yep. I'm the biggest idiot on the planet. My attention was repeatedly drawn away from my drink, and I just fell for it. Any moron and their brother would know better. Oh, yeah...
Poetry
Jump to new posts Re: A sad boy living as an adult by Tryingtolive @ 08/17/17 12:38 AM

Thank you everyone
Page 7 of 10 < 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10 >

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.