Newest Members
DavidHauss, Mike 77, DarshansDaughter, Esterio, SomeUserName
13449 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
BT (53), CrazyRob (45), ffa_kid (27), ItStopsHereNow (52), newground (54), vinnie (60)
Who's Online
3 registered (Donald177, 2 invisible), 74 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
13,449 Registered Members
75 Forums
69,756 Topics
487,012 Posts

Most users ever online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: i love you by Sterling @ 07/16/17 03:57 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CcsUYu0PVxY . calm.
Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: i love you by Sterling @ 07/16/17 03:52 PM

I am sorry if this offends anyone. It was a spur of the moment. Sorry.
Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: i love you by Sterling @ 07/16/17 03:21 PM

Sorry Rick. I love you. Hey Rick ( and others) I am slowly , my mind is remembering and I am trying to feel. I know I like guys. Anyway. I kept hearing about Rock Hudson , and how he was gay. Well, I somehow I stumbled upon an interview w/ Rock
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: To tell or not to tell? by house @ 07/16/17 03:04 PM

Hello I never told anyone about my sexual abuse other than here and my T but I did talk to my mother when she was in her 70s about how she and my father neglected me and also treated me different than my other sibling. I was never going to say anyth
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: I surrender by Ceremony @ 07/16/17 02:32 PM

Thanks for sharing anonDK, it's a big step. Finding the right one does make a difference and it's good to read your direction. Best wishes! Rick
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: My awful brain chemistry! by batman72 @ 07/16/17 01:18 PM

Rich, Thank you so much for that article. I really needed to see something like that to help me remember where I'm coming from. I also believe that the brain is extremely moldable (not a real word!), so that if I continue to work at it, I will be ab
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: To tell or not to tell? by Cirillo @ 07/16/17 12:20 PM

Thank you all for your responses and feedback. I think I need to get straight with myself...however long that takes...before I pursue or worry about this. It continues to cause stress in the family, as I've left them to their own opinions. My fathe
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: I surrender by anonDK @ 07/16/17 11:57 AM

Thank you, Kevin, and thanks for affirming my progress here :-)
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: I surrender by KMCINVA @ 07/16/17 11:52 AM

anonDK Major step forward identifying triggers and coping mechanisms. Good luck finding T and remember you are good and have much to offer. You deserve to be with others. Kevin
Sexual Identity Issues
Hi Giovanni, Seems like you've gotten some good advice. I'll just add a couple thoughts. 1. The guilt and shame associated with same sex attraction can create brain stimulus similar to sexual arousal. That's a potent force. Once you realize there's
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts I surrender by anonDK @ 07/16/17 11:26 AM

Now that I've spent some time identifying my parade of more or less unhealthy coping and defense mechanisms, certain things just seems alarminly clear to me. I have to decided now to find a T, now that there seem to be nothing left than excessive an
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: PTSD and Deliberate Triggers by KMCINVA @ 07/16/17 11:15 AM

I am learning as I continue on this journey--so many believe they are "right" or how they or their family behaved is "normal" and others are the ones with issues. We all have issues and until we step back and reflect we will never
Sexual Identity Issues
Jump to new posts Re: A girlz eye view by greenwizard @ 07/16/17 09:42 AM

My fiance is a girl, and she is a dominant personality. Something she likes about me is I am submissive for the most part. Now that I am letting her explore dominating me in a sexual way she's having fun. I'm having new experiences. Is it weird t
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: To tell or not to tell? by Ceremony @ 07/16/17 05:43 AM

Hi Cirillo, This scenario is a tough one for me too. I was able to tell my mother, she can be very good about dealing with things when she's not deeply depressed. Which is hit and miss. I can't deal with guilt any more, it's just too much added expen
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: The Mother of All Triggers by Ceremony @ 07/16/17 05:22 AM

Blvd1236, thank you, sharing your talk with him shows us how to stand up for oneself. That's a "rock and a hard place" scenario and I hope your sister and daughter, and maybe by now your wife, might stand solidly with you. I hope events wor
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: To tell or not to tell? by LinEar @ 07/15/17 10:54 PM

Thanks Chris, appreciate your insight on this... it's a difficult situation, and one that comes up in therapy regularly for me.
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Go F*** Yourself, Daddy by LinEar @ 07/15/17 10:52 PM

Originally Posted By Chris4TheMillAnd if you keep going back to the same type of people and get the same results, try a different type of crowd. Exactly! As my internal perspective changes, I'm finding myself shifting my friendships, relationships,
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Any ex-mormons here? by KazuKun @ 07/15/17 10:50 PM

I am an official ex-Mormon as of last summer
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Go F*** Yourself, Daddy by LinEar @ 07/15/17 10:44 PM

Great job, FR! With hard work in and out of therapy, and regaining just bits and pieces of my self-confidence, as well as work on the negative thought patterns, it's been truly amazing to me that people really weren't seeing me in the horrible ways
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Some truth by LinEar @ 07/15/17 10:38 PM

Yeah -- getting him out of my body was much easier than getting him out of my head. CSA, CPTSD, it's all wrapped together. I totally dissociated from it for years, and now with my awareness and therapy, I'll have periods where I flip between dissoc
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: My childhood is blank by LinEar @ 07/15/17 10:33 PM

Not a dumb post. I think one thing that makes this concept so hard is that there's no true way to compare your memories or experience to someone else's. Sure, you can talk about what you may or may not remember from childhood, but many people will s
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: To tell or not to tell? by Chris4TheMill @ 07/15/17 10:29 PM

Originally Posted By LinEar....I'm afraid of the extra guilt they'd feel, and what it would do to them physically & mentally, for "not protecting" me. So instead there's an emotional distance. I'm not sure which is worse. Linear, Yea
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: PTSD and Deliberate Triggers by Blvd1236 @ 07/15/17 10:16 PM

Kevin - beautifully written and I wish you well
Survivors of Female Abuse
Jump to new posts Re: Myworld has come crashing down by LinEar @ 07/15/17 10:16 PM

Grounding was an excellent first step for me. Working with some of my parts, I realized that although my prefrontal cortex/rational brain always "knows" where I am, the limbic system/reptilian brain genuinely believes it's in danger or is i
Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: The Recipe Book by greenwizard @ 07/15/17 10:04 PM

Sweet Potato Pie 9" pie shell 1 large can sweet potatoes 1/4c butter 1 can sweetened condensed milk 2tsp grated orange peel 1tsp vanilla 1tsp cinnamon 1tsp nutmeg 1/2tsp salt 2 eggs Cream together sweet potatoes and butter. Mix in remaining i
Page 6 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.