Newest Members
Nalh78, bs95, YutoG, Crusty75, TimCalifornia
13327 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
seedbox (62), zraver (44)
Who's Online
3 registered (JScott12, Tom E., 1 invisible), 33 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
13,327 Registered Members
76 Forums
69,055 Topics
480,686 Posts

Most users ever online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Yale Research Project
Jump to new posts Re: Fifth Discussion Board Question: Facilitators by EdfromNYC @ 02/16/17 02:01 PM

Having these studies actually exist.
Yale Research Project
Jump to new posts Re: Fourth Discussion Question: Barriers by EdfromNYC @ 02/16/17 02:00 PM

No barriers. Where are the studies being undertaken?
Yale Research Project
Jump to new posts Re: Third Discussion Board Question: Service Use by EdfromNYC @ 02/16/17 01:57 PM

Helpful: other survivors, 12 step groups, therapy. Least helpful: field is underserved by male therapists and/or male run groups. Lack of understanding/open-mindedness on heterosexual orientation after same-sex abuse and its affect on orientation -
Introductions
Jump to new posts Re: Another new person by manipulated @ 02/16/17 01:56 PM

GW Sorry for what brings you here but rest assured we understand that perpetrators come in all genders, shapes, sizes and ages. Your story is yours and unique and yet if you look probably you will find others very much like it. Welcome. I have se
Introductions
Jump to new posts Re: Hi everyone. by manipulated @ 02/16/17 01:53 PM

YutoG Welcome. You are exactly correct you cannot just keep denying or burying. I tried. For 40+ years. And like a pressure canner without a safety release I exploded. My life imploded and my marriage is currently ending. But thanks to the guys here
Introductions
Jump to new posts Re: Hello... by manipulated @ 02/16/17 01:49 PM

Lumes Welcome! Sorry for why you are here but so glad you were able to find us. We don't have a per visit fee and won't pass you on! We are also not therapists but guys who have been where you are...and yes I do mean the rage the attempt to forgive
Introductions
Jump to new posts Re: MojaveMike just joined by manipulated @ 02/16/17 01:44 PM

MojaveMike Welcome. You are NOT alone in any of your issues as you will find poking through the forums. Glad you found us. HUGE first step to post an intro! Sorry for what brings you here but now you are among men who understand, who try to help a
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: asking too much? (maybe trigger?) by Bluedogone @ 02/16/17 01:35 PM

Others may have a very different viewpoint. And considering this is coming from someone who felt, when I was abused, a complete loss of control, huge shame, guilt and anger, I feel there are too many dynamics in play here for you to make a decision l
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: dentist visit - Possible TRIGGERS! by Bluedogone @ 02/16/17 01:10 PM

Thank you for this post Lee. You've said so many things I've thought. But you've said them so much better. For me it was dentures rather than root canal (talk about procrastination on dental care). The loss of control, globs of stuff being forced
Spirituality and Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Great Book by traveler @ 02/16/17 01:05 PM

Thanks for the recommendation. I got it on my Kindle and it is very good. I like to hilite the parts that are really applicable and i ended up with about a third of the text yellow! One of the authors is the one who ghost wrote Ben Carson's biograp
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: dentist visit - Possible TRIGGERS! by BDD @ 02/16/17 12:24 PM

Lee, Thank you for crying for your little boy, he deserves your empathy and kindness. Oh god, I completely understand your horror. The man who raped me said he was a dentist. I let my teeth go for years, the terror out weighed the pain...until it
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts asking too much? (maybe trigger?) by greenwizard @ 02/16/17 12:04 PM

My girlfriend was talking to me this morning while she was getting ready for work. She's been thinking, and wants me to think about giving up sexual control. What she wants to do is get a pair of furry handcuffs and cuff me to the headboard while s
U.S. & World News
Jump to new posts Re: Jerry Sandusky's adult son accused of CSA by Chase Eric @ 02/16/17 11:05 AM

U.S. & World News
Jump to new posts Re: Jerry Sandusky's adult son accused of CSA by KMCINVA @ 02/16/17 10:46 AM

Eirik I did not take it as a criticism. I think sometimes my own thoughts amaze me after I re-read them lol. Thank you and your words and thoughts are always insightful. Kevin
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts dentist visit - Possible TRIGGERS! by traveler @ 02/16/17 10:31 AM

I hate going to the dentist. On Monday I had to go for a filling that I had been putting off for far too long. It was starting to hurt. Well, I had procrastinated myself into an even worse situation. It turned out that now I needed a root canal. I am
U.S. & World News
Jump to new posts Re: Jerry Sandusky's adult son accused of CSA by Chase Eric @ 02/16/17 10:26 AM

The irony is everything you said is true. It's not a criticism but rather speaks to the paradox.
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Doing Something New by onsolidground @ 02/16/17 10:11 AM

Thank you for checking it out! Of course, you are more than welcome to share the posts on your blog! Thanks for reaching out!
U.S. & World News
Jump to new posts Re: Jerry Sandusky's adult son accused of CSA by KMCINVA @ 02/16/17 10:07 AM

Eirik I can assure you it was not intentional, just my mind releasing thoughts on CSA that trouble and disturb me. Thank you for highlighting. I hope all is well with you. Kevin
U.S. & World News
Jump to new posts finally - resolution for Etan Patz by traveler @ 02/16/17 10:00 AM

I wish i could say justice has been served - but the perp got away with it for 40 years. and his victim never had a chance to live. http://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/2...s-disappearance
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Envying Perpetrators by traveler @ 02/16/17 09:49 AM

Eirik - but there is tremendous strength in striving to be good in the face and presence of evil! it is not often recognized but it is true.
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Envying Perpetrators by traveler @ 02/16/17 09:46 AM

MojaveMike - Good to have you participating here. Welcome and hope your time spent here is helpful. Lee
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Envying Perpetrators by Chase Eric @ 02/16/17 09:46 AM

Perhaps it comes down to the simple choice of what kind of men we want to be. Is it more important to be strong, or to be good? Most of us choose to be good. I understand they are not mutually exclusive choices, but as victims, we likely did not h
U.S. & World News
Jump to new posts Re: Jerry Sandusky's adult son accused of CSA by Chase Eric @ 02/16/17 09:38 AM

Quote:I do not want to see or hear of another child being abused and I do not want to see adults sweep abuse that occurred under the carpet. Very interesting juxtaposition of opposing thoughts in a single sentence. Many adults sweep abuse under the r
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Envying Perpetrators by traveler @ 02/16/17 09:35 AM

yes, Erik - and i like to think that in some way, that fear was a good thing that helped make us who we are.
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Envying Perpetrators by Chase Eric @ 02/16/17 09:31 AM

Brian - thank you. It means something, these connections. Lee - how startlingly similar our fears were!
Page 6 of 11 < 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 10 11 >

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.