Newest Members
Jessemccoll, Jluke1s, NobodyCT, Pjc2124, TheFishinHippie
13266 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
aceofdiamonds (36), Devaughn (33), Dizzy (48), Gary's sister (62), greentoad (46), long haul (49), tonyk2010 (49)
Who's Online
5 registered (I Want 2 Thrive, Ceremony, Older1, 2 invisible), 66 Guests and 7 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
13,266 Registered Members
75 Forums
68,763 Topics
478,606 Posts

Most users ever online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Is it ok if I don't identify as a Survivor by Ceremony @ 11/30/16 04:29 PM

FIGHT ON! Love you man!
Poetry
Jump to new posts Re: I Ran by Ceremony @ 11/30/16 04:26 PM

Death trigger I've had some time here now, and add to this story of wanting to die by running myself to death! I fear death less and less, to confess, a resolve, fighting to be fearless, Wit and whim involve. Bursting with passion, Heartache's c
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: responding to anger by DannyT @ 11/30/16 04:23 PM

Today I see that when anxiety situations strike, they propel me. It's like a motor starts running and I'm being carried away by someone else, the frightened me who lives in the corner forever staring at his abuse. When frightened me takes over, my a
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Is it ok if I don't identify as a Survivor by zip14 @ 11/30/16 04:12 PM

Just out of a session with my T where I declared that I don't see myself as a survivor. For me it implies that I have conquered something or that my experience of CSA is over. In fact it is far from over and I like most deal with it daily sometim
U.S. & World News
Jump to new posts Re: TRIGGER WARNING Uni Presentation by Ceremony @ 11/30/16 03:53 PM

Yes, horrific and a TRIGGERING article. The insanity of it is obvious, and lost to the twisted insane whom promote the academic nature of discussions within those context! Surreal to contemplate the stupidity of those individuals! Let me further
U.S. & World News
Jump to new posts TRIGGER WARNING Uni Presentation by manipulated @ 11/30/16 02:32 PM

******TRIGGER WARNING******* Disgusting. Predictable. Drivel. http://www.telegraph.co.uk/comment/10948796/Paedophilia-is-natural-and-normal-for-males.html
Male Survivors
Triggers Yes it does. We know this stuff, we get you, we love you to the bitter truth of torment. My reaction is as the previous quote noted, I can be there too. It's my gift from faith, to know Jesus' true love, I accepted the gift of empathy giv
Male Survivors
Ceremony The Diocese has been good to me. They have given support. It is just the memories and other people who have made life unbearable. The memories are strong and the triggers keep triggering the memories. Even if the triggers are not happening
Male Survivors
Brothers, be aware of TRIGGERS! I'm not one to hold much back. I have read the before and after of Kevin's Diocese Service. The hope to realize they know their role, the Diocese being held accountable! Kevin is in a world of shit from that trip. Alo
Survivors of Female Abuse
Jump to new posts Re: Everything's Fine Until a Trigger by Ceremony @ 11/30/16 11:43 AM

Hi L2R, I'm glad to read that beginning in the post, and get how physical triggers mess with you. It's sad we become triggered by a thing considered innocent. TRIGGERS! Then, our brother Kevin. You're not subtle my dear tormented brother. I see yo
Poetry
Jump to new posts Re: Instinct and thought by Ceremony @ 11/30/16 10:27 AM

A bold, fearless Warrior in act... Has the others back! Sharing the burdens, Seeing, into eyes Lonely knows their own.
Family and Friends
Great news, WGU!! One day at a time, right? Slow and easy wins the race. Peace
Jump to new posts Re: Everything's Fine Until a Trigger by KMCINVA @ 11/30/16 08:21 AM

I am sorry triggers are terrible. I lived with for many years and only after I unraveled did I learn the triggers were being inflicted by those in the house. I know when they did certain things, and many were deliberate even though they think they we
Poetry
Jump to new posts Instinct and thought by Tryingtolive @ 11/30/16 07:14 AM

I shy away from my instinct. Tied down by thoughts. No one notices the sadness. Only see a display I put on. Not much energy I have. Schedule i can't maintain. Weakness. I sense. Just lost. No one to lead me. Been on this path far to long. A differen
Poetry
Jump to new posts Re: fishing for feedback by victor-victim @ 11/30/16 05:40 AM

dear Ceremony. love your logo thanks for the encouragement. always appreciated, much desired and ever needed. affirmation is good.
Poetry
Jump to new posts Re: mantra II by victor-victim @ 11/30/16 05:37 AM

thank you so much, guys. ((I Want 2 Thrive + Elad1)) you made my day it means the world to me.
Poetry
Jump to new posts Re: chromophobia by victor-victim @ 11/30/16 05:32 AM

part II we need more blood to lubricate the dirty mud. turn up the hate! we need a fresh supply of flesh to feed the flames. on with the games! i do unto my enemy before they do it unto me. meet my defense. electric fence. mined f
Poetry
Jump to new posts Re: chromophobia by victor-victim @ 11/30/16 05:12 AM

thank you, Sterling. what's to miss? my poetry never left.
Jump to new posts Everything's Fine Until a Trigger by learning2remember @ 11/30/16 02:57 AM

I'm doing ok. Years after recognising childhood sexual abuse, I have a person I can turn to who listens and offers guidance, I can get through a day or maybe even a week without thinking to much about the CSA, mild triggers I can identify and deal w
Books, Music & Films for Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: some song lyrics (maybe triggering) by Ceremony @ 11/30/16 12:50 AM

Hope the blues break, And a many hued dawn Pleasantly surprises
Jump to new posts Re: some song lyrics (maybe triggering) by john22 @ 11/29/16 11:58 PM

And here's another song, totally different from what I normally post, or so I think. Although the title of the song should be 'He and His Darkness' to suit me better. For me it's, me talking to my younger self: Being angry at him at one moment, bein
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: responding to anger by DannyT @ 11/29/16 10:57 PM

What I'm learning now: Peel away and peel away until you find the deepest level of the hurt. Go through all the levels of the anger, use an emotional vocabulary chart pdf to name them. Know that the anxiety and depression are caused by unspoken n
Jump to new posts Re: some song lyrics (maybe triggering) by john22 @ 11/29/16 10:42 PM

The following song is something rather different from the previous ones. As my mood just changed from the more depressive state to a more sorrow state of mind, where I feel so much regret for my lost childhood. Or just because I just don't seem to kn
Jump to new posts Re: some song lyrics (maybe triggering) by john22 @ 11/29/16 10:10 PM

Thanks for your concern, I could do better Ceremony, but I don't want to hijack my post for this problem, there are other channels for that. But for you, since it seems you could also like the following song. And of course because I obviously like it
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: responding to anger by DannyT @ 11/29/16 09:13 PM

Hey, Guys, I'm still going through the weird anger problem at work. There have been repeat emailings. The longer I use the Nonviolent Communication ideas the more impressed I get. I've never handled a situation like this with such grace in the mom
Page 6 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.