Newest Members
dWite, Kwozzi, Nathan James, lilgas69, Humfrey
13133 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
intochange (60), melnjams (44), rage (29)
Who's Online
3 registered (DannyT, 2 invisible), 11 Guests and 7 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
13,133 Registered Members
75 Forums
68,100 Topics
474,300 Posts

Most users ever online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Confused for so long *****triggers***** by Yury @ 07/20/16 10:19 AM

Hello from Russia, it is amazing how people have the same problems. When I was 3 year old, my father did me an erotic massage. Then my mother divorced him as he was also an alcoholic. As he was my father, I enjoyed what he was doing. I have had same
Health and Wellbeing
Jump to new posts Re: Anxiety by iaccus @ 07/20/16 10:14 AM

Diagnosed with complex ptsd, delusional disorder, and paranoia a few years ago. I have problems in crowds or with people who desire to stand close to me. Especially anyone I dont know well (which is everyone). I get an overwhelming sense of panic
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: New Here looking for friends by iaccus @ 07/20/16 09:48 AM

Welcome Buddy!
Male Survivors
Good morning Buddy! I saw you briefly in the chat yesterday! I am sorry that we didn't get to speak, you had to go. I want to be sure you know you are welcome here, in chat, and on the site in general. I too have endured hallucinations and some of th
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Hello! by iaccus @ 07/20/16 09:36 AM

Hello, and Good Morning to you all. I didn't take my meds last night because of a failed attempt at intimacy with my wife earlier this week. As a result I find that I haven't gone to sleep in 24 hours or so now. My hands are shaky and my balance is o
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: From therapist to this page? by Nothing Man @ 07/20/16 08:43 AM

Hi L, Good to have you back. This is always such a good place to share ideas and struggles. Perhaps the solution for your problem is to see your old therapist once a month for maintenance rather than weekly for more acute care. I hope this helps;
Off Topic
Jump to new posts 7 Faces of Dr. Lao by FormerTexan @ 07/20/16 06:29 AM

It's a bit of an old classic, one of my favorites from childhood. It's about a mysterious Chinese man who brings a circus to town, and uses it to show the townspeople the truth about themselves. The truths the people face are difficult to bear, but
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: From therapist to this page? by booksamurai @ 07/20/16 04:33 AM

Hey L2R, Welcome back. I don't know how the other guys handle it, but for me my T is the cornerstone of my recovery. Granted, I put in the hard work, but he has walked beside me for almost every step of the way and he is the one with the professiona
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Hello everyone I am new here looking for friend by GoodKiwi @ 07/20/16 03:22 AM

Hi Buddy, So sorry to hear about your story. I am glad though that you found an escape in various hobbies. I got into music and can scarcely leave the side of the piano for all the comfort it brings. One thing which has helped me overcome a lot of
Male Survivors
I was just like you with women for years too. To be honest I don't know what changed to be honest. I think the shutting down was because I felt I wasn't worthy of affection, and then slowly over time I managed to increase my self esteem - maybe for
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts From therapist to this page? by learning2remember @ 07/20/16 02:29 AM

Hey Everybody, I've been coming here for years now, and I am in much, much better shape than when I first signed in. At that time I was truly panicking; it even shakes me up to remember it. Now I can just get about my business and am not usually pr
Male Survivors
Thanks Og0 Its interesting that you say male friends Thats the worst for me I feel disconnected or something missing when I talk to other guys.. Women on the other hand its easy except when I like them and if she likes me back I shut down
Male Survivors
Hi Buddy, Welcome here - we are glad you found this place, but saddened that you needed to. There are a lot of things we all need to work through in the process of our recovery - some of which are obviously related to what we went through, and some
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Therapist says I'm stuck as a teenager by OgO @ 07/19/16 07:33 PM

Well done FF, You don't need to be embarrassed - like you said, you did what you had to in order to survive. I actually think for a lot of us, our coping mechanisms such as withdrawing, were what helped us survive back then. Now it's the imbalance
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Therapist says I'm stuck as a teenager by ForeverFighting @ 07/19/16 06:49 PM

Wow, that's embarrassing. I've read about how alcohol or drugs can stop a person from growing emotionally. I somehow avoided both, but I *still* stuck myself by totally shutting down everything I felt. She says I had no choice--I'd be dead if I ha
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Hello everyone I am new here looking for friend by Buddy75 @ 07/19/16 06:27 PM

for the first 10 years of my life I was used as a sex toy for about 10 men. It was a daily thing for me and because it was how my life started if became a fact of life, now I am 40 years old and scared for life I have been a loner and sad person with
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: New Here looking for friends by betrayed boy @ 07/19/16 06:16 PM

hi buddy welcome to MS, theres lots of nice guys here im sure you will meet some, if you like and when you feel ready pop into the chat room its hit or miss on when guys are there, i find there's more at night im in NY so im talking eastern time zon
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts New Here looking for friends by Buddy75 @ 07/19/16 06:12 PM

I am new here looking for friends
Survivor Stories
Jump to new posts New Here looking for friends by Buddy75 @ 07/19/16 06:06 PM

Im feeling depressed i don't have friends and no communication skills to be able to make friends. I was used as a sex toy by many men in the course my first 10 years. and left me pretty much a loner. now I'm 40 and sad and alone I wish I could find a
Men Abused/Assaulted as Adults
Jump to new posts Re: My Letter to the perp by honorableman @ 07/19/16 04:28 PM

Hey Scott, Great job on the letter, my friend! I actually wrote one myself to my assailant(s) . I told him to go to hell too Way to go. Please know that you are now as clean the new fallen snow, my brother. You have said your peace and now are CL
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Problems With Medical Appointments by bluesky @ 07/19/16 04:00 PM

That's great. Happy you got through it. My opinion is that what ever I do to take care of my self at no harm to my self is good self care even if it means taking Xanax or zoning out to a happy place. My last T was also unhappy if I took Xanax as nee
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Problems With Medical Appointments by ForeverFighting @ 07/19/16 03:54 PM

I also have trouble with all of it--dentist, doctor, even getting a haircut. At the dentist, I do as traveler said. I use dissociation to my advantage and focus on something in the room until everything else goes away. It was my doctor that was re
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Problems With Medical Appointments by zookeeper @ 07/19/16 03:26 PM

I ended up with a combination of the advice. I told the doc about my PTSD. I took a Xanax before I went. I asked for a female dentist (its a hospital based practice with multiple docs) and I sent my head to a happy place when I felt a panic attack co
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Problems With Medical Appointments by bluesky @ 07/19/16 01:53 PM

I have the same problem. What has helped is telling the Dr that I have PTSD and that I may ask him to stop if I need him to I also have taken Xanax before hand. But letting him know about the PTSD helps me the most. It is very triggering for me to.
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: A Thousand Little Pieces by manipulated @ 07/19/16 11:10 AM

So sorry fellas. The damn perps stole our old age as well as our youth. No pictures taken (that I remember) but still remember the smirky smile on the perp as his brother in law watched...both have been dead and rotting for decades but the damn memor
Page 6 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.