Newest Members
fox, Unbreakable92, jewelgirl50, SadButSoTrue, Mark Onderweg
13431 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Echoes (31), lost_in_thought (32), Sam_S (48)
Who's Online
9 registered (dac, Broknwings, Bluedogone, Ceremony, Cirillo, 2 invisible), 72 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
13,431 Registered Members
75 Forums
69,660 Topics
486,165 Posts

Most users ever online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Shattered by Free Radical @ 06/25/17 09:34 PM

I get that... Sorry man. A question I have asked myself so many times. ((((((((Tyler)))))))) Life is not fucking fair
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Shattered by TylerZ @ 06/25/17 09:26 PM

Why on this stupid bleeding earth did it have to be me? Anyone ever think that? Would I rather have had this happen to someone else? Hell yes. Why the fuck did it happen to me. Why couldn't I have been one of the millions of boys who actually ha
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Re-Traumatization by Chris4TheMill @ 06/25/17 09:09 PM

It is really difficult finding safe people. Everyone seems to be so damaged themselves, even if they deny it. I know that safe people exist, so I have not given up looking for them. But it can get discouraging. Some of us have to look outside
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Admitting to myself by manipulated @ 06/25/17 09:06 PM

Bryce WOW what a powerful post. You are a courageous survivor. The evil grooming the perps did to us was so powerful and so wrong it took me 40 years to overcome and you are making tremendous strides. Be good to yourself. The evil "normal"
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Re-Traumatization by KMCINVA @ 06/25/17 08:47 PM

Difficult weekend but one I hope will help me look forward. I took the advice of a doctor and send to those who re-traumatized me the article written about PTSD that I posted place a list of of what was done to me and others. It was prefaced with do
Family and Friends
Jump to new posts Re: I want to help my son. by dark empathy @ 06/25/17 06:21 PM

Hi jewel girl. I don't know how introverted your son is, but being alone is definitely! a coping mechanism. several times my mum asked if it would help me to move back in with them, to which I always answered no. Obviously it depends upon your s
Books, Music & Films for Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Music that moves me. by Ceremony @ 06/25/17 06:13 PM

Speaking of triggers and music I use to fight... techno industrial, sort of that Goth techno, smart, loud, fast... I think some few will get how this song represents outside influences try to get into controlling more and more of life. Then there ar
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Admitting to myself by Bluedogone @ 06/25/17 06:06 PM

(((Bryce))) I think you've made a giant leap of progress today. By hitting the submit button, and using a title like "Admitting to Myself" takes a pretty big amount of courage and bravery. It's no small feat to honestly and openly share i
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Admitting to myself by Ceremony @ 06/25/17 05:24 PM

(((Bryce))) It becomes and honor to be among men here on MS. We get to know each other in ways that only we can know. It's so hard to deal with the talking in the beginning. Then, slowly, emotions come into play, and that's the shared work that I see
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Admitting to myself by Nothing Man @ 06/25/17 04:59 PM

Bryce, We children are not responsible for the evil done to us by others, especially those who are older. The fault lies with those who raped us and abused us even if we may have enjoyed what was being done to us. A ten year old child is not capabl
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Admitting to myself by Tom E. @ 06/25/17 03:04 PM

Bryce I'm sorry that anal rape was made to be normal for you at 10 or so. How awful. That really sucks. Your uncle & your mom in collusion with it.. dreadful. It pisses me off how evil elders can be, using children that way.
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Admitting to myself by oic @ 06/25/17 02:48 PM

(((((Bryce))))) What a huge step! Congratulations. You have much to be proud of with yourself. "It" formed us. "It" was what we knew. "It" became & was our normal. "It" made us feel special. "It&quo
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Admitting to myself by Bryce @ 06/25/17 02:31 PM

I have struggled with writing this down. I have started and deleted it many times. I know I have said how much I do care for and love my family and that I have a hard to saying what happened was abuse. I know rationally it was but I just have things
Family and Friends
Jump to new posts Re: I want to help my son. by jewelgirl50 @ 06/25/17 01:08 PM

WG I definitely understand the historical nature of the sexual abuse issues. I grew up in the 50's and 60's where we didn't even lock our doors. As young children we were gone from daybreak to sundown, running around in the neighborhood and in the
Family and Friends
Jump to new posts Re: I want to help my son. by jewelgirl50 @ 06/25/17 12:56 PM

Dark Empathy I really needed to hear your words this morning. I get very depressed and anxious when my son needs to be alone. This has happened only one other time and impacts me greatly to the point where I am basically immobilized. I need to take
Family and Friends
Jump to new posts Emotional empathy versus compassion empathy by Mishka95673 @ 06/25/17 11:57 AM

Emotional empathy is very hard for supporters because feeling what our loved ones are feeling drains us of our own energy and damages the health of the supporter. Compassion empathy on the other hand may be a much healthier approach because it allows
Books, Music & Films for Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Music that moves me. by Cirillo @ 06/25/17 10:27 AM

I know some of these songs can have harsh words...so if any offend...look at them from a different Point of View. There is a reason they mean something, sometimes it isn't what you think it is...there is depth to them.
Family and Friends
Jump to new posts Re: I want to help my son. by WG @ 06/25/17 09:11 AM

jweelgirl - You're most welcome. I never told anyone for almost 50 years - my abuse happened longer ago than most people on this site have been alive. Back then, there were few, if any laws against all of this. CPS didn't exist. Social programs were
Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: My Dad was the sane one. by Chris4TheMill @ 06/25/17 09:00 AM

George, I followed a similar theme. Because of my horrible experiences growing up with my drunk mother and her drinking buddies, to this day I dislike being around anyone who is drunk or high. My mother thought it nothing to go out to a bar with
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Shattered by WG @ 06/25/17 09:00 AM

Tyler - Oh, my. Since there's evidence, and as Blue said, you know where it is, you could go to the police. These individuals - I hesitate to call them 'men' - should be brought up on charges. What was done was a crime - and as we all know in here,wi
Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: My Dad was the sane one. by George @ 06/25/17 08:32 AM

Elad1, your story reminds me of all the drunkenness around my own childhood, the fights, cops coming to the house, etc. To this day I'm turned off to drinking, I've never been drunk or high a day in my life due to all that I witnessed growing up. I
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Shattered by Bluedogone @ 06/25/17 08:26 AM

((((Tyler)))) I'm so sorry to hear of this added trauma on top of another trauma. It's more than anyone should be expected to face. But hold on to the truths you already know. You' ve already dealt with part of it so bravely, know that you will dea
Poetry
Jump to new posts When are they gonna pay by Ceremony @ 06/25/17 08:02 AM

When are they gonna pay those wretched who betray and justice is so blind the victim can feel left behind Re-victimized, those indifferent and obtuse minimizing the effects of any abuse and marginalized as we are, so many like us, near and far I shou
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: They'll Never Learn by George @ 06/25/17 07:41 AM

Certainly aggravating that they can be so obtuse...
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Shattered by Ceremony @ 06/25/17 07:22 AM

TylerZ, I'm sorry you discovered another very painful betrayal. It does make some sense, how exposed your childhood was to your main abuser. Full support and hope for you, and I hear the shock, and see the strength or determination that's hinted i
Page 5 of 13 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 12 13 >

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.