Newest Members
Pyro, crabtree22, vsimiola, mcw, amyellis
13261 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Phildog40 (48), Socrates10 (38)
Who's Online
3 registered (bluesky, 2 invisible), 25 Guests and 7 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
13,261 Registered Members
75 Forums
68,751 Topics
478,552 Posts

Most users ever online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Books, Music & Films for Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: some song lyrics (maybe triggering) by john22 @ 11/29/16 10:10 PM

Thanks for your concern, I could do better Ceremony, but I don't want to hijack my post for this problem, there are other channels for that. But for you, since it seems you could also like the following song. And of course because I obviously like it
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: responding to anger by DannyT @ 11/29/16 09:13 PM

Hey, Guys, I'm still going through the weird anger problem at work. There have been repeat emailings. The longer I use the Nonviolent Communication ideas the more impressed I get. I've never handled a situation like this with such grace in the mom
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: A Note I Keep Reading Looking For My Answer by Ceremony @ 11/29/16 08:16 PM

Be aware of TRIGGERS brothers! And for Bill, Fuck Pat Robertson and his ilk for fomenting the thinking of Bill's parents to what it is!
Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: i love you by Ceremony @ 11/29/16 08:00 PM

Thanks for your update James. This is a busy time. I hope you're getting some feedback about Therapists? I think mine is doing a good job. I was so fixated on the problem of therapists, and now I feel safer. This is a difficult time regarding fam
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: A Note I Keep Reading Looking For My Answer by Ceremony @ 11/29/16 07:46 PM

Be aware of TRIGGERS brothers! Yup, I did read this too. Now a second time. I need to respond to honesty and secrets. There's no such thing for me as "for obvious reasons" to withhold dark secrets. I don't have any personal dark secrets
Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: i love you by Sterling @ 11/29/16 07:44 PM

i hate being gay i cant stand it. i can just don want to be you. and i feel and worry for them. i never am /was allowed to feel my onw won . shit. i have to be girl for them. this is what gets troubling. start not living for them. frut for me. fu
Male Survivors
Kevin you do not need to hide how you feel. I know we learn to hide the abuse but now you do not need to hide the abuse. We know and others also know. Many people know the emotional harm done to you. Because your family is ignorant and without feel
Jump to new posts Re: some song lyrics (maybe triggering) by Ceremony @ 11/29/16 07:27 PM

This is a song for me, about me. I cried. Thanks John22. Hope you're well?
Jump to new posts Re: some song lyrics (maybe triggering) by john22 @ 11/29/16 05:36 PM

The following song is also from "Blue October". I didn't know them, as stated before. And it seems they really have more then one good song which touches me. So I'm sorry if you're annoyed by my choice to post a few of their songs. I know
Family and Friends
Jump to new posts Re: Post Holiday Thoughts...and some Amazement and JOY by HealingHope @ 11/29/16 05:22 PM

So happy for you both!
Jump to new posts Re: some song lyrics (maybe triggering) by john22 @ 11/29/16 05:07 PM

Blue October: "Light You Up" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5-_7gncIpRs "Light You Up" I’m never gonna give up Remember what abuse did It’s time you look at facing As if you were in anyway understood It always lowered me t
Jump to new posts Re: some song lyrics (maybe triggering) by john22 @ 11/29/16 04:59 PM

Blue October: "Picking Up Pieces" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EHP1XcKl0l0 "Picking Up Pieces" I really need to talk with you I keep stepping on the vein That keeps my lifeline flowing through I wanna be your perfect stick of
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Getting Through December by zookeeper @ 11/29/16 03:52 PM

Thank you CJ, im hanging onto the hope that this isnt the end result but just a stop on the journey. Thank you my friend. B
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Getting Through December by Bluedogone @ 11/29/16 02:45 PM

(((Brian))) - (((Kevin))) - (((Ceremony))) My HUGS to each of you. It's only a cyber hug, but it's just as if it were man to man, face to face. We all come here and post to MS because we know there are so many here who understand what life can throw
Survivors of Female Abuse
Jump to new posts Re: Spiritual Aspects of Healing by Sterling @ 11/29/16 12:58 PM

I have always been attracted to Spiritual growth. But b/c of my mental illness I can get overwhelmed. I like your insights . I certainly wouldn't rule out that in a way, this holds some spiritual purpose . But I am no spirit healer. thanks Gaatt. Ja
Family and Friends
We need this WontGiveUp ! We need women like you. Guys who deserve to feel loved - women with love to your husband , the way you do...tells me you must be a loving caring mother ( whether you are one or not) which means everything to me. Right on for
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: fighting the urge to withdraw by Sterling @ 11/29/16 12:19 PM

HI Markk , I feel angry when things aren't perfect ! I wish I had more money ....I wish and wish , but I focus that I am working on healing my injuries so I can work in the future. I was beaten really badly mentally . Always hearing voices tha
Family and Friends
Jump to new posts Re: Post Holiday Thoughts...and some Amazement and JOY by WontGiveUp @ 11/29/16 12:04 PM

Thanks Dark_Empathy!!!! It was a nice break from the stress. I hope that he keeps this change up. Regardless of what it could or could not mean for "us" - its an amazing move forward for him. And I cannot help but be happy for that. I
Introductions
Jump to new posts Re: Hello - I am confused by Sterling @ 11/29/16 11:50 AM

Stehewy , I don't want to make you feel anxious.... but may I ask what is it you don't trust about therapists? I ask this b/c I have had a hard-time with a few in the past. Did you have any challenges w/ previous therapists or professionals ? I
Sexual Identity Issues
Jump to new posts Attraction for abuser's type by Fabio_SP @ 11/29/16 11:45 AM

I believe I have been here for more than 4 years, but is the first time that I'm going to be real to me, first of all I need to be honest with myself...Something that's very hard to me, because I feel disgusted ! I just let you guys to know that I'm
Poetry
Jump to new posts Re: This fear of mine by Sterling @ 11/29/16 11:14 AM

Sorry to TTL. I just read Elad's response. Right on Elad1 ! This is good. Support one another...cuz it's true what you say we are not alone! Good on you! James
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts fighting the urge to withdraw by MarkK @ 11/29/16 10:45 AM

i hate this season. At least, i hate what it does to me. The urge to just pull back and withdraw completely is horrible right now. For the past few days i have been resisting the pull to cancel my membership at booksie.com – a site for authors (
Male Survivors
Ceremony Thank you your words are helpful. My facade is breaking. Normally I can hide the pain, at least I think I can. But yesterday I was approached by someone at work who said many are concerned. I said why. They said you smile but your eyes te
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Getting Through December by Ceremony @ 11/29/16 10:06 AM

A question about my hate/rage? Brian, Kevin, others, I get to a point where my gut and muscles are fiercely tense, and I visualize destroying abusers! Really visceral, hell that my mind can play over and over. I'm not competing with the abuse movie,
Family and Friends
Jump to new posts Re: Post Holiday Thoughts...and some Amazement and JOY by dark empathy @ 11/29/16 09:14 AM

Great to hear won't give up, I certainly gather from your posts how hard things have been for you and for him. Congratulations to both of you.
Page 5 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.