Newest Members
UniversalBeing, Squirmish20, Cunobelin, Dean-GMoT, hunterprince
13497 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
aleja (43), bc22 (50), DavidMI (43), Forrest_Gump (42), Jay1946 (71), Malc4 (32), mpm01 (52), widpaulman (46)
Who's Online
2 registered (Donald177, 1 invisible), 45 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
13,497 Registered Members
75 Forums
70,042 Topics
488,969 Posts

Most users ever online: 418 @ 07/02/12 11:29 AM
Twitter
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: CT scan by bluesky @ 09/17/17 12:41 PM

This episode begins on last Thursday night at 10:00pm. Dr calls Bluesky and says that his office is trying to get in touch with him. Bluesky says that he secretary called on September 6th with results, has something changed? Dr tells Bluesky no the
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Still feel like an outsider here by Bluedogone @ 09/17/17 12:28 PM

A preacher was speaking from the pulpit and said, "I'm my own worst enemy." A man in the back of the church jumped up and said, "Not while I'm alive you're not!" I relate this tired old joke to point out that sometime you really
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Memory Working Against Me? *Trigger* by traveler @ 09/17/17 11:59 AM

Welcome to our community, Squirmish20. i hope you will soon feel more at home and less anxious. this has been a wonderful place for me to find understanding, empathy, acceptance, friendship and healing. absolutely - what you are describing is very c
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Memory Working Against Me? *Trigger* by Bluedogone @ 09/17/17 11:47 AM

Hi Squirmish20, WELCOME The hardest part is over - that first post. You are most welcome, but I'm sad it's necessary to seek out a place like this. Not as a professional expert, but from my own personal experiences I think it's very very possible
Introductions
Jump to new posts Re: Re-Re-Introducing by Bluedogone @ 09/17/17 11:17 AM

Hi Sacred_Sage, Welcome back. Very much like Motel 6 - the light is always left on. It's interesting the direction our llife's work takes us after the horrific experiences of CSA. From my own dealing with both my father and mother at separate tim
Humor
Jump to new posts Re: Question #2 by Bluedogone @ 09/17/17 10:46 AM

Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Memory Working Against Me? *Trigger* by Squirmish20 @ 09/17/17 10:28 AM

Hi all. This is my first post. I am extremely anxious about this but here goes. I've always remembered the one incident with one assailant. But 'remembered' is too strong a word, more like observed from behind glass as if it happened to someone else
Books, Music & Films for Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: "The Body Keeps the Score" by CelloL @ 09/17/17 05:58 AM

Thank you, Ceremony. I just ordered the book. It sounds like both my wife and I can benefit from this book.
Sexual Identity Issues
Jump to new posts Re: Struggling and Married by Ceremony @ 09/17/17 04:21 AM

Welcome Dean, I have read many shares about same sex attraction SSA on this Forum. You can do a search using the tool in that ribbon above. Just type in your topic and learn some of the ways to search too. Like the plus sign in front of a word to ens
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts The Appalachian Trail by Suwanee @ 09/17/17 03:58 AM

Books, Music & Films for Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: "The Body Keeps the Score" by bluesky @ 09/17/17 03:38 AM

I finished reading The Body Keeps the Score and it is a must read for both survivors and their loved ones. It gives a very deep understanding of trauma and its effects. The book also gives a very detailed outline of different modalities for treatmen
Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Good Work-Out Music? by Suwanee @ 09/17/17 02:57 AM

Ahh... Zeppelin reminds me of late nights at boarding school...sitting out on the roof of our dormitory, looking at the stars and talking with my friends. The Bee Gees---lots of time in the car...riding to the airport, the grocery store...the bank..
Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Good Work-Out Music? by Ceremony @ 09/17/17 02:56 AM

I saw They Might Be Giants on campus of my Univ. winter of my Senior Year. They were touring for "Flood". Loved that album. "Birdhouse in your Soul"
Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Good Work-Out Music? by Suwanee @ 09/17/17 02:33 AM

Good one! Ok...more from my playlist: Here's a couple from my high school days:
Sexual Identity Issues
Jump to new posts Struggling and Married by Dean-GMoT @ 09/17/17 02:26 AM

I've struggled with my orientation most of my life. I had a rough childhood. It's always made me question "Who am I?". Was I born this way? Or was I made to be this way by others? I've always felt an attraction to other men, and even ha
Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Good Work-Out Music? by Suwanee @ 09/17/17 01:54 AM

Yes. I had just turned eleven and school was out for the summer. I bought the cassette with birthday money the day before we went to the beach. The whole War album became a part of my summer soundtrack. Will
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Trigger WARNING!!!!! by bluesky @ 09/17/17 12:39 AM

Hi Sorry that you are currently going through a hard time. Comments and situations that trigger us can hijack and trigger PTSD reactions but like you said you went on with your day and it was only those moments that were hijacked. It's painful and
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: A problem I have by Greg56 @ 09/17/17 12:22 AM

After I wrote the post above...I still kept thinking about the things you said. They totally reminded me of myself, only a few years ago. Also, I began thinking of the "events"...and how stupid I was to trust the abusers and what they tol
Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Good Work-Out Music? by Ceremony @ 09/17/17 12:11 AM

Do you remember where you were when you first heard this album? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QFHX4chJ7PQ&list=PLcWj7I0i-KH8qSASH5lFpBWp6zmJwwlod Gawd... was I really that thin once?
Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Good Work-Out Music? by Ceremony @ 09/17/17 12:09 AM

hmmmmm.... maybe... Dig this too? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_h9MxNn8P7w and maaaaaybe... this, like the whole album? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1t71UC2QaVk
U.S. & World News
Jump to new posts More fallout from Sandusky :( by newground @ 09/17/17 12:03 AM

This really hurts on so many levels. Wish someone could have helped him earlier https://amp.cnn.com/cnn/2017/09/15/us/jerry-sandusky-son-pleads-guilty/index.html
Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Good Work-Out Music? by Suwanee @ 09/16/17 11:54 PM

I guess it's pretty easy to guess my age from my choices. Will
Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Good Work-Out Music? by Suwanee @ 09/16/17 11:46 PM

One more: Will
Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Good Work-Out Music? by Ceremony @ 09/16/17 11:23 PM

Maybe yuh add "Ying and Yang"?... Beautiful!! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zwtE8O-LLjI
Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Good Work-Out Music? by Ceremony @ 09/16/17 11:21 PM

Will!... omg, love seeing some favs!! "No New Tale To Tell"... Love it! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bo3R3LBjDek
Page 5 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.