Newest Members
YTUK, twinker, LaneFiasco95, Kristabar, tom93
13514 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
biggbill70 (47), CP4 (27), EddieMi (49), EddieT (49), hemi1024 (57), Kage (73), kdj_74 (43), Knightswhitehart (52), otlhouston (50), TX_Space (50), VirtualBman (53)
Who's Online
5 registered (Chris4TheMill, twinker, Shyshark, 2 invisible), 82 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
13,514 Registered Members
75 Forums
70,201 Topics
490,188 Posts

Most users ever online: 418 @ 07/02/12 11:29 AM
Twitter
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Off Topic
Jump to new posts Chat on a mobile device? by SDD757 @ 10/22/17 09:28 PM

Is there anyway to connect to chat on a mobile device? Is it an irc server or strictly flash media?
Sexual Identity Issues
Jump to new posts Re: 15 different reasons men have sex with men by Ceremony @ 10/22/17 09:28 PM

Conversion, or to be made straight, would be something I would not deal with. I have always identified straight. Yet, with age, and with the need to find strength in love in a relationship, and have a true partner, I would not exclude a man. I will a
Family and Friends
Jump to new posts Re: Trust by Bluedogone @ 10/22/17 09:23 PM

Trust is sort of like the wind. We can feel it, and know it's there, but it's hard to define unless it's experienced. I think practically everyone with sexual abuse in their background has issues with trust. Especially childhood and early adolescenc
Sexual Identity Issues
Jump to new posts Re: 15 different reasons men have sex with men by SDD757 @ 10/22/17 08:53 PM

Now I’m even more confused than I was before. I grew up thinking I was gay. Then I had a religious experience that I thought made me straight. Struggles with being straight for 20 years as a married man. Decided that apparently God does not change
Family and Friends
Jump to new posts Re: Trust by Chris4TheMill @ 10/22/17 07:49 PM

Within "normal" relationships, trust can be built over time. It can be earned through a series of interactions - small or large - which demonstrate that someone is relatively safe. However, dealing with someone who cannot, or will not,
Men Abused/Assaulted as Adults
Jump to new posts Re: Travolta - Will it reach a tipping point? by Greg56 @ 10/22/17 06:58 PM

I heard a statement in a movie once, that has stuck with me through the years. "When you're rich and famous, people either want to fuck you or marry you". I'm not in a position to judge...only the accused "perps" and "victi
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: MAJOR TRIGGER WARNING - Revisiting the case by Greg56 @ 10/22/17 06:35 PM

I too believe that my brother was abused early on...I don't think that he was clever enough to use the phrase that he used for me. Both myself and eldest brother believe this. I was early on in my therapy...and very outraged and angry when my broth
Poetry
Jump to new posts Paradox by Chris4TheMill @ 10/22/17 06:30 PM

Paradox I often hold two things in tension, At the same time. Which of the two is more true than the other? It varies on the day, the minute, the hour. I feel better, But I also feel like crap. I love, but I also hate. I don’t want to hate. I am
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: MAJOR TRIGGER WARNING - Revisiting the case by AlexBoyd @ 10/22/17 06:17 PM

I never intended for you to remove the post. It is an open forum and though things gets painful, I think the openness is essential for this to be a meaningful place. My older brother was also one of my abusers, and it has only been in the last few y
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: MAJOR TRIGGER WARNING - Revisiting the case by Greg56 @ 10/22/17 05:24 PM

If you would rather pm me...please feel free...I will do what I can. Greg
Poetry
Jump to new posts Re: TRIGGER WARNING VERY GRAPHIC - POEM by newground @ 10/22/17 05:22 PM

I read your poem man and it was powerful. so good to gain a voice about such terrible things. the greatest shame is how they left US feeling that we could no longer be the good boy. that is the greatest lie of all. they painted us with their brushes.
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: MAJOR TRIGGER WARNING - Revisiting the case by LoneWolfX @ 10/22/17 05:20 PM

Was I abused before the incident? Yes. Before, during and after. Not sure if it means anything.
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: MAJOR TRIGGER WARNING - Revisiting the case by Greg56 @ 10/22/17 05:10 PM

LoneWolf...I disagree, we all may have to agree to disagree, but an important topic. Most important is the fact that you need/have to deserve to process it. Greg
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: MAJOR TRIGGER WARNING - Revisiting the case by Chase Eric @ 10/22/17 04:48 PM

If I can offer a perspective... What AlexBoyd said probably resonates the most with me, but in a very different way. Like Alex, I see your struggle from the perspective of a victim. But from that perspective, I wonder how I would feel if my own ab
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: MAJOR TRIGGER WARNING - Revisiting the case by LoneWolfX @ 10/22/17 04:32 PM

I have to agree with you. You were right it was a crazy thing to post. It was insensitive and essentially selfish. It was not my intention to upset anyone that I promise. I have removed the post.
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: MAJOR TRIGGER WARNING - Revisiting the case by Greg56 @ 10/22/17 03:38 PM

Alex...in response to your post...I understand how you feel, I feel much the same way. It's difficult to respond to. However, I have to keep in mind, if the neighbor kid that I said I tried to coerce had done what I was asking him to do...that woul
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: MAJOR TRIGGER WARNING - Revisiting the case by AlexBoyd @ 10/22/17 03:23 PM

You seem to be on a quest for evidence about things in your past. Just recently you stated your interest in physical evidence to prove you were raped. Now you are wanting written evidence that you "molested that poor boy" (your words), alth
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: MAJOR TRIGGER WARNING - Revisiting the case by Greg56 @ 10/22/17 03:11 PM

I've been thinking about your post. You didn't say how old you were when this happened, but you did mention that "the court" decided it was just kids being kids. I don't know if "the court" is the most reliable source. You also
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Grieving? by Greg56 @ 10/22/17 02:50 PM

I may have spoken about this before, I don't remember. A couple of weeks ago, I made an appointment with a csa/asa therapist. I had some questions about my "recovery". She told me that I might be "grieving" for the life/emotion
Family and Friends
Jump to new posts Re: Trust by Ceremony @ 10/22/17 02:42 PM

To me GP and HH, I've read and heard that trust is foundational. Crumbling that foundation will lead to an end of the relationship, or, like in my case, a very sad relationship. I ruined trust, and my wife ruined trust, and at this late point, tolera
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: "Me, too" thing on social media by Dan99 @ 10/22/17 02:24 PM

I have to stay away from the whole thing. I find it triggering and I get very emotional about it. I know the women raising this issue are in the right, and guys like Harvey Weinstein need to be outed. I applaud what they're doing. No one, man or woma
Family and Friends
Jump to new posts Re: Trust by Golden_Phoenix @ 10/22/17 02:23 PM

Absolutely, how does a relationship function without this important factor? A factor that's pretty much out of our hands if understandingly, a survivor feels a lack of trust towards anyone.
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: The Doormat by Ceremony @ 10/22/17 02:18 PM

You're not alone Dan99. Definitely not alone. In the world of those who give lectures about self actualizing, taking the power back, being assertive and all that jargon, my take is... what the hell?! To me, I see my life as constant missteps, accepti
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: The Doormat by Greg56 @ 10/22/17 02:18 PM

I used to be and feel that way...since my "recovery" as I call it, I don't do it anymore. I found that it was counter productive. I don't want or need any else's drama to make me "feel better" about myself. I also don't need to
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: How many psychs have you seen? by Suwanee @ 10/22/17 02:12 PM

One thing I discovered is that there is no way to keep score in csa. Numbers will never tell the tale as well as qualitative and intangible emotions. Will
Page 3 of 14 < 1 2 3 4 5 13 14 >

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.