Newest Members
lilgas69, Humfrey, devon46, TheOceansSong, Yury
13129 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
carter (53), CAW1980 (36), Fissy Tsickens (55), Kris (54), Wheatthins (25)
Who's Online
4 registered (winter-rain, JScott12, GT13568, 1 invisible), 30 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
13,129 Registered Members
75 Forums
68,087 Topics
474,238 Posts

Most users ever online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: A Thousand Little Pieces by Dan99 @ 07/21/16 11:46 AM

I can relate some to what you're sharing. The perp who molested me also molested my brother (though my brother never hurt me nor I him). One of the sickest things the perp did was photograph us fondling each other. I remember two pictures. The one o
Gay/Bi/Trans Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: As Gay as... by Chase Eric @ 07/21/16 11:31 AM

Originally Posted By 1lifenowlikely 30-40% with other factors such as hormonal wash in the uterus So, I guess you could say I came out in the wash.
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: From therapist to this page? by Dan99 @ 07/21/16 11:27 AM

I check in with my old T once in a while by email just to say hi and I visit whenever something huge is on my mind. He's a great guy and appreciates knowing I'm alive. But go see him directly if I want advice or guidance. I'm surprised to look back a
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts half-brother trigger by traveler @ 07/21/16 11:17 AM

Three years ago I went on a “pilgrimage” to the sites of all but one of the abuse events of my earlier life. (The one exception was in another country.) I went back to the small town and entered the elementary and middle schools and stood outside
Introductions
Jump to new posts Re: Is this real? by WG @ 07/21/16 09:34 AM

Hi Humfrey - We're here. We're just as real as you are - and yet, we get it that at times you don't feel real. Sort of like you'll wake up and it will be a different place. We are here to walk with you, talk with you and be the ones who understand t
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Confused for so long *****triggers***** by woodenshoes @ 07/21/16 09:27 AM

Yury I was molested by several people. A neighbor boy had me do things boys should never do. I question my sexuality for long time. I knew i liked girls but the abuse clouded it. I always looked at guys but never acted out after i turned sixteen.
Introductions
Jump to new posts Re: Is this real? by woodenshoes @ 07/21/16 09:13 AM

Humfrey Sorry you need this place. You will find some answers to questions or feelings. Welcome. Ws
Introductions
Jump to new posts Re: Is this real? by bluesky @ 07/21/16 09:04 AM

Hi Humfrey Welcome in a bitter sweet way to a place that I hope could help you get what you need. For me feeling validated and heared is so important more than trying to figure it out more than trying to fix me. Just some that can listen and get wha
Introductions
Jump to new posts Re: just joined by OgO @ 07/21/16 07:42 AM

Hi Devon, Welcome, and congratulations on taking such a huge step. It's a really big thing and a lot to try to deal with so come and be welcome here and feel free to take your time, and most importantly, know that you are not alone!
Gay/Bi/Trans Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: As Gay as... by Yury @ 07/21/16 04:35 AM

Hello, For me it is hard to believe that genes have anything to do with homosexuality. When I was a kid and before I was abused by my own father I clearly remember that I liked girls and I even realised what my penis was for. After the abuse took pla
Introductions
Jump to new posts Introduction Post (Support Person) by TheOceansSong @ 07/21/16 01:55 AM

Hello everyone, I'm currently in a relationship with someone who has a pretty awful history of both sexual and physical abuse from multiple people in their life. I'm here to learn as much as I can to better support them, and to seek another avenue o
Introductions
Jump to new posts Re: Is this real? by OgO @ 07/21/16 01:12 AM

Hi Humfrey, Welcome to the forums here. We're glad that you found this community, and at the same time saddened that you needed to (and I apologise as always to whoever I nicked that from, but it is very appropriate). I think for me the most incre
Introductions
Jump to new posts Is this real? by Humfrey @ 07/21/16 12:45 AM

Hi I've just joined up for these forums and have had a look around. I'm feeling quite overwhelmed by all the different forums and pages of advice. I won't go into my life story here, but just to say I'm a survivor of childhood abuse, and I've seen m
Introductions
Jump to new posts just joined by devon46 @ 07/21/16 12:38 AM

i don't know what to say or do or think . when i signed up there is a box asking if you been sexual abused.i guess that's the first time i ever admitted it .
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: New Here looking for friends by Buddy75 @ 07/20/16 11:33 PM

Thank you for the lift, I need it that...Bipolar is taking a firm grip on me these past few months Its not helping that I am alone with no girlfriend or wife so feeling bummed thanks. Buddy
Military Survivors
Jump to new posts Others by iaccus @ 07/20/16 10:16 PM

Any other Desert Storm vets who witnessed The Highway out there?
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Therapist says I'm stuck as a teenager by TinCAn @ 07/20/16 08:29 PM

FF and others. I would have to agree on experiencing much of the past through the lens of child, I pushed all the pain away as well. As I continue on my healing journey and have to say it was/is a difficult and painful journey but something I knew I
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Hello! by iaccus @ 07/20/16 08:24 PM

Thank you Bluesky and Zookeeper your your insights. Much to my chagrin I was able to be intimate with my wife this afternoon which to me indicates that issue is with the meds, again. So frustrated with the med-merry-go-round. I hope your day was g
Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: 7 Faces of Dr. Lao by zookeeper @ 07/20/16 08:13 PM

Great Pic My all time favorite is the 1963 The Haunting. Even better the original book by Shirley Jackson. I felt such an understanding with Eleanor character. The others are not sure if she's really seeing what she thinks or if shes imagining it un
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: New Here looking for friends by zookeeper @ 07/20/16 08:07 PM

Welcome my friend Welcome Buddy I know that BiPolar is a difficult issue to deal with on top of the abuse and its consequences. This is a safe place to share your journey. Does you mental health provider sponsor any support groups? Also consider con
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Hello! by zookeeper @ 07/20/16 08:00 PM

Hey There You know the meds could be involved but theres also a chance that this is just one of those things that happens. Hey not even NASA gets every rocket to launch. :-) Maybe a small talk with the family doc to just make sure the plumbi
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Hello! by bluesky @ 07/20/16 06:54 PM

Hope your day worked out for you. I don't have advice on the meds other then calling the Dr and explaining your frustration do the side effects of the meds you are on. Ask him if there are other options that don't interfere with your ability to be in
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Therapist says I'm stuck as a teenager by Elad1 @ 07/20/16 06:22 PM

FF What a great post. I am happy you are writing how you feel. I too feel I am stuck as a 10 year old. I read somewhere that in the process of healing it is important to see our experience and abuse through the lens of a child we were, after all tha
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Therapist says I'm stuck as a teenager by Jay1946 @ 07/20/16 02:32 PM

FF: I second OgO's advice. I've come to the realization that the biggest damage done by our perpetrators is that they robbed us of the opportunity to grow on our own terms. Discovering our sexuality on our own. They highjacked our "coming of a
Poetry
Jump to new posts for want of a sighting by MarkK @ 07/20/16 02:09 PM

in the midst of the crowd and yet alone isolated a single figure i used to think i wanted to be seen i now know better i don't want to be seen i want someone to want to see me would my absence matter for more than the flicker of an eye the beat o
Page 3 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.