Newest Members
Winston, Jimmy'sDoneLots, JustOneStarfish, Springer, SupportiveOne
13163 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Alicia (57), bubblytam (58), crazydragon (41), JGag78 (38), kris82 (34), Shin (30)
Who's Online
2 registered (devon46, 1 invisible), 36 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
13,163 Registered Members
75 Forums
68,241 Topics
475,047 Posts

Most users ever online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Male Survivors
I saw my T today after a little break because he went on vacation. We began discussing some general stuff and half way into the appointment, he stops me as and brings up something kinda strange. He says that I have trouble viewing myself as a Victi
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts The Map by zookeeper @ 08/24/16 03:03 PM

If you were to look at my body you would see a number of scars. You might see each as a map of the times when some of the cruelest things imaginable were done to me. If you were my wife or my surgeon who repaired them, you would see the were the c
Spirituality and Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Bible Study (notes) by nltsaved @ 08/24/16 02:21 PM

Bible study (notes) 8/21/2016 What am I building in my Heart Anytime that I find myself not walking in the newness of Christ then I am walking in self. If I do not not own the things where I am weak in then I will never change those things into s
Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: i love you by BFree27 @ 08/24/16 01:33 PM

Writing out your abuse and giving it to the police.. if it's something you're thinking about doing. Do it. Don't let your abuser tell you no one will believe you. Of course they're going to tell you that. They don't want to be arrested. My parents w
Gay/Bi/Trans Survivors
Jump to new posts ad misleads to imply trans people abuse kids by Jacob S @ 08/24/16 01:00 PM

http://wfae.org/post/new-mccrory-hb2-ad-implies-link-isnt-there Quote:"At 9 I was molested by a teenager. When I found out that President Obama and Roy Cooper want to force schoolchildren to share the same locker room, shower and restroom with
Sexual Identity Issues
Jump to new posts Re: Sexually Confused by manipulated @ 08/24/16 12:20 PM

Originally Posted By DannyTI'm starting to think the whole labeling thing doesn't make any sense. I'm neither gay nor straight nor bi nor asexual. I'm just myself with my own blend of issues around sex. Danny Exactly! Really sick of the polarizat
Sexual Identity Issues
Jump to new posts Re: Advice Needed by manipulated @ 08/24/16 11:59 AM

Silver, Just want to echo what others have already said; T do help. But have you checked any meds you are on and/or had a complete medical checkup? Do you get morning wood or erections during your sleep? Sexual Dysfunction is often the very first sig
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: The little boy's 2 worlds--Triggers by ForeverFighting @ 08/24/16 11:35 AM

Thank you so much guys. I've been hearing this advice a lot lately to rest and not to try too hard. I think I need to let up on the gas a little. I got to thinking about that, too. "Families like ours" don't get sick. I remember, serio
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Would I Have Acted Differently by woodenshoes @ 08/24/16 09:04 AM

Samurai Sorry your experiencing such trauma. It's hard to overcome the guilt and shame. We can heal with the love and kindness from our supporters who know we are not the abuser. Take care.
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: The little boy's 2 worlds--Triggers by WG @ 08/24/16 08:58 AM

So true Kevin - as you say "listen to the experts" who in this case would be all of us in here. We're the experts on this. We're the experts at surviving. We're the experts at helping one another heal in here. FF - It was not your fault. Yo
Poetry
Jump to new posts Re: How do I by woodenshoes @ 08/24/16 08:55 AM

Ttl One day One step One issue One person One healing One forgiving You must take your time in between each step along the healing path and you will succeed.
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: The little boy's 2 worlds--Triggers by KMCINVA @ 08/24/16 07:37 AM

FF I am sorry for all you endured. I am glad your are working through these emotions and feelings. I have learned during my healing process those that try to portray or speak of being the perfect family have as many if not more scars than those tha
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Its Taken Too Long by Elad1 @ 08/24/16 03:28 AM

Zookeeper Well done, this letter is very well articulated and expresses self compassion. It is never to late and I am glad you are taking care of you inner child, it is important to acknowledge that he is still in you and that you love him and will
Poetry
Jump to new posts Re: smiles or tears by woodenshoes @ 08/23/16 11:17 PM

((((((((((shyshark))))))))) As long as we breath we must endure. You in my thoughts. Ws
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: The little boy's 2 worlds--Triggers by woodenshoes @ 08/23/16 11:15 PM

Ff ((((micheal)))) My thoughts and prayers are with you on this difficult journey. Ws
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: The little boy's 2 worlds--Triggers by zookeeper @ 08/23/16 08:15 PM

FF I can feel the heartache in your words. This is such hard work and you are handling it with grace and strength. Better days are coming. Your friend b
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts The little boy's 2 worlds--Triggers by ForeverFighting @ 08/23/16 07:51 PM

I've only recently begun to understand why my internal world is so fragmented. Certain emotional states are tied to places, times, situations, and things. The fact is, I didn't have a choice. My mother's world was an illusion. Everyone was perfec
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Its Taken Too Long by ForeverFighting @ 08/23/16 06:52 PM

Wow, from his point of view... what a dream come true. That's what he lost for so long--hope. It's a slippery slope for me to imagine time travel for even an instant. What would it mean to that boy to know that there is hope? And what a feeling t
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Its Taken Too Long by zookeeper @ 08/23/16 06:38 PM

I can't tell you why it's taken so long for me to write you this letter. It's not as if you don't already know every detail in the most intimate of ways. I want to apologize for overlooking you and what you needed. Please know that I had no resources
Poetry
Jump to new posts smiles or tears by Shyshark @ 08/23/16 05:22 PM

Do you begin your day with a smile and end it in tears ? Do you begin your day in tears and end it with a smile ? Does it change from hour to hour ? How long can you endure ? How long before you're sure ? It's just not worth it anymore.
U.S. & World News
Jump to new posts r*pist gets no jail time so he can go to college by Jacob S @ 08/23/16 04:57 PM

http://www.miamiherald.com/news/nation-world/national/article97320267.html
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Feeling anxious. Acting out. by Nothing Man @ 08/23/16 04:32 PM

Hi bluesky, I can certainly identify with your conundrum. I was laid off from my job of more than a decade six weeks ago and I have not been able to find any work since. I am despairing that I will have to settle for a crap job with meaningless w
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Feeling anxious. Acting out. by ForeverFighting @ 08/23/16 04:06 PM

Bluesky, you’re doing exactly what I’m trying to learn. You already know your triggers, and you know how they are affecting you. You posted here for support, took a walk, talked with a friend... How could you do any better based on the challen
Male Survivors
andrewmo - The feeling will come and go. It does with me, it does with all of us. It took a long time - years - before I felt OK to be angry about what was done to me. It came out in other ways - short tempered with my wife or children or someone - a
Introductions
Welcome, and at the same time sorry you have to be here. We understand. This is a safe place.
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.