Newest Members
tobefree151, firethatwounds, 1martaalling124, Nalh78, bs95
13330 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Czaesar72 (45), fff123 (22), Jose (60), Paul68 (49)
Who's Online
0 registered (), 47 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
13,330 Registered Members
76 Forums
69,068 Topics
480,767 Posts

Most users ever online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
U.S. & World News
Jump to new posts Re: Milo advocating for intergenerational relationship by Ceremony @ Yesterday at 05:26 AM

Originally Posted By Jacob Shttps://twitter.com/yashar/status/833516009143279616?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw Calls consent "arbitrary and oppressive" Says older men "help" children through sex TRIGGERS and NSFW Wow, JacobS, I think i
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Untangling Anxiety Disorder Symptom***TRIGGERS*** by Zappafan @ Yesterday at 04:16 AM

I'm gonna go out on a limb here and suggest............ - Be honest with your therapist , what do you have to lose. Honest that your struggling to figure this out, you need time and help to do so and you'll try your best - breathe. One of the best
U.S. & World News
Jump to new posts Milo advocating for intergenerational relationship by Jacob S @ Yesterday at 04:00 AM

https://twitter.com/yashar/status/833516009143279616?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw Calls consent "arbitrary and oppressive" Says older men "help" children through sex TRIGGERS and NSFW
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Untangling Anxiety Disorder Symptom***TRIGGERS*** by 1islandboy @ Yesterday at 03:15 AM

I probably, just need to be as calm as possible. Accurate as possible. Straight up tell them the numbers I give, are general averages. Do the best of my ability. What more can they ask? I am calmer now,. Any advice on differentiation, would still
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Untangling Anxiety Disorder Symptom***TRIGGERS*** by 1islandboy @ Yesterday at 02:26 AM

(Perhaps only triggers for me, as I talk around it, I see it), I find it so absolutely frustrating to accurately report my PTSD symptoms. (As, I have PTSD. The irony is not lost here). I actually have a co-occuring condition where my Tinnitus-hyp
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: i am back by 1islandboy @ Yesterday at 12:59 AM

No reason to be sorry, a lot of us disappear for while try to normalize our lives. We get too healthy (at least we try be). Honestly, I didn't know you were gone, cause I was gone also gone too. Reminds me of that old Eagles song, "You can chec
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: I did it by greenwizard @ 02/19/17 11:04 PM

My friend called today to see how I was doing and to assure me I have not been forgotten. He spent today finding out her name and doing the mind numbing paperwork. He said it will probably be a few days because the way he is going about things no l
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Progress I Have Been Told by focusedbody @ 02/19/17 10:50 PM

Kevin: Yes, the distinction between abuse and safety is an important one. It also seems to me that earlier in life, I made them in my conscious mind to be very different. And yet in my actions, found myself still in abusive situations. Lately, I
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: i am back by FormerTexan @ 02/19/17 10:43 PM

Welcome back, ibd.
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Adoptive parental abuse by New47bliss @ 02/19/17 09:47 PM

Thanks
Spirituality and Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Great Book by 1islandboy @ 02/19/17 09:26 PM

Considering, I am in this forum. A book, I believe that is worth mentioning... Legacy of the Heart: The Spiritual Advantages of a Painful Childhood, by Wayne Muller. House of Pain (Faster Pussycat) island
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts i am back by illbedat @ 02/19/17 09:11 PM

Look sometimes life has roads u dont know your even on. Im sorry dor everyone who was felt abandoned by me,it was not my intention. I been through a lot past few years and while it was lonley and the worst period of my life, i have found a comfort an
Survivor Stories
Jump to new posts part 1 the first time - trigger warning by YutoG @ 02/19/17 08:42 PM

Going to try to continue... struggling to write everything down but really want to try. Thinking a lot about everything that's happened this is the part I have difficulty thinking about the most bc I was really young when it happened going to try to
Books, Music & Films for Survivors
Wanna share some happy songs, these get me through! David Byrne - "This Must Be the Place": If there's interest, I save the url in the address bar above for my browser (YouTube), then I use the full edit window for this MS foru
Jump to new posts Re: Nostalgic by Ceremony @ 02/19/17 08:05 PM

Lol, look what popped up on my YouTube feed. Bee Gees, "You Should Be Dancing" I didn't watch Travolta in that movie for decades, but about a decade ago got into it. I absolutely love "Mama Mia" the movie. And I couldn'
Jump to new posts Re: Nostalgic by Ceremony @ 02/19/17 07:57 PM

Kool & The Gang, "Get Down On It", "...get your back up off the wall..." Dang, gettin' that Disco body sway... Ohh yeah, Earth Wind & Fire "September" "...never was a cloudy day..."
Jump to new posts Re: Nostalgic by Ceremony @ 02/19/17 07:52 PM

I have an idea why this song gets to me... And Stevie Wonder, need I say:
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Self-harm *Trigger warning* by KMCINVA @ 02/19/17 07:14 PM

Lumes48 I can relate. For me as a child I had a prayer I wrote to God, asking that I do not wake in the morning. I did not want to live. Years later as the memories of the abuse took hold I had these thoughts from driving a winding mountain road a
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Self-harm *Trigger warning* by 1islandboy @ 02/19/17 05:57 PM

I think, we are all susceptible to self harming ourselves. I was never a cutter, but have perhaps exhibited self destructive behaviors that manifest itself, in more subtler ways. I gave up trying to figure out the whole nature/nurture thing long ag
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Self-harm *Trigger warning* by Ceremony @ 02/19/17 04:31 PM

lumes, it's good to see your reply post. This topic is wrapped in so many layers. I think the complex ptsd parts must fit with it? I've not studied this part of myself, rather it's my intuition that's kicked in to help me survive it. There have been
Family and Friends
Jump to new posts Re: Husband's insecurities by greenwizard @ 02/19/17 04:31 PM

What Ceremony suggested may help. Maybe Google articles on body issues. I know there are a ton of articles for women on the subject, but uh, men have body issues too. I know I did, and still do to an extent. I am short, and my girlfriend is an in
Had a pretty shitty day today now stuck in a loop listening to one of some of my favourite songs.... Placebo - The Crawl https://youtu.be/G66ZQJWP0JQ beautiful sad song the lyrics mean a lot to me Hole - Celebrity Skin https://youtu.be/O3dWBLoU--E
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: chapter 4 Whole again by Sterling @ 02/19/17 04:17 PM

Hey Rich, hope you are doing well. I had to print out your post and read it when I was alone . Boy , was I glad I did! This is definitely one of my favorite posts. I laughed a lot when you were describing your abuser...such as when you wrote... &quo
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Self-harm *Trigger warning* by lumes48 @ 02/19/17 04:15 PM

Thanks everyone. It does ring true - and I'd never quite thought it before - when you speak about not being noticed. That might be exactly it; I was sitting here just now thinking that I'd like my scars to be on the outside, because people might then
Man i seriously cant describe how much i freaking love led zepp's when the levee breaks song!!! That is such an awesome tune it immediately made me think of don mclean's american pie song dunno why bc they don't sound similar. just gives me the same
Page 3 of 12 < 1 2 3 4 5 11 12 >

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.