Newest Members
Pjc2124, TheFishinHippie, Pyro, crabtree22, vsimiola
13263 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Phildog40 (48), Socrates10 (38)
Who's Online
2 registered (Ceremony, 1 invisible), 46 Guests and 7 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
13,263 Registered Members
75 Forums
68,757 Topics
478,566 Posts

Most users ever online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Family and Friends
Jump to new posts Re: is love enough? by dark empathy @ 12/02/16 07:01 AM

Alternative view here. For me at least, love was and is enough. I was in the most god awful mess (see some of my posts from pre last august), I got out of that mess thanks to the fact that my lady, who is now my wife loves me and I love her. &quo
Introductions
Jump to new posts Re: Hello - I am confused by Stehewy @ 12/02/16 06:05 AM

I don't have any flashbacks and I don't have any problem talking about my teacher who grabbed me. Doesn't it means that it wasn't a trauma? That scares me because it would either mean that I am just a pervert or that I lived something else which I d
Introductions
Jump to new posts Re: Hello - I am confused by Stehewy @ 12/02/16 03:30 AM

Hello Thank you very much for the help. My past therapist always said that I don't have a trauma or PTSD and I am simply a pervert without having any other reason, that it is me. These are the reasons why I don't trust the therapist and why I am do
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Trigger warning, from overwrought emotions! by Ceremony @ 12/02/16 12:57 AM

Last I wrote, I was dazed and confused. Now, a bit tired, and stirred to consider my glitch this afternoon? I am embarrassed by my tirade. And am considering what to do? My thinking is inclined to keep it, and use that in work. To see me freaking out
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: responding to anger by DannyT @ 12/01/16 11:04 PM

I think the problem and this round of the process are reaching their close. I got the last triggering email Friday, and I've gradually getting the last needs and wants sorted out. Today I wrote the close to last email. and I've never felt stronger.
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Reflection and Hopefully A Healing One by focusedbody @ 12/01/16 09:04 PM

Kevin: Also here for you. Your help has been welcome. I'm glad you are writing. Writing, like many other things, has helped me slow down. In that slowing, I am sometimes granted only fleeting moments of recognition that satisfy. Perhaps that is
Family and Friends
Jump to new posts Re: is love enough? by WontGiveUp @ 12/01/16 08:20 PM

This thread, I could have written everything in it. Seems I am at the same place that so many partners come to. I love the concept of taking back my power that HIS CSA took from me. I, like you guys, supported him and was there by his side in hi
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Reflection and Hopefully A Healing One by sorryson @ 12/01/16 07:37 PM

Kevin I hope you are taking care of yourself. Mama did not come to terms with the selfishness of her family and how we treated Dad until my brother tried to kill himself. She blamed Dad at first and then with counseling she began to realize her fami
Gay/Bi/Trans Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Sharing by Ceremony @ 12/01/16 05:17 PM

Thank you Keisha. I became more attuned to Trans or gender neutral issues about 2 years ago. I read a blog advocating Trans issues every day. It helped me to see what advocating for oneself, and community means. She is wonderful, and I'm very appreci
Poetry
Jump to new posts Re: I Ran by Ceremony @ 12/01/16 04:57 PM

That 2nd poem is ok. The first is emotional so, it's fine. Getting it out, let go. Calm down. There's a place to go and be alone. Leaves rustle, whispering to traces, memories, times long ago. Some trees mark progress, deeply furrowed bark, Promi
Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: i love you by Sterling @ 12/01/16 04:52 PM

I am just frustrated. I know I am not gay , but I love to be gay. I want to be gay but I am not . this is so ;jfkas;fj;dfjdafda fadfafkjafjf;jaf;fja;fjklsdafk i nwat friend to palet to. i need sjtalous ? no. i don't need thm he used me for
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Trigger warning, from overwrought emotions! by Ceremony @ 12/01/16 04:48 PM

Now I'm angry I posted that! What drivel and nonsense, to be weak about my insignificant problems. It's like how dare I? Is it honesty, or attention seeking and I scream at myself to delete all this! But, what's right? I'm wanting to talk, oookkayyy.
Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: i love you by Sterling @ 12/01/16 04:46 PM

Thanks Ceremony , your honesty is genuine ! YOu can always PM me if you need to vent about stuff that you think others would take personal. really. Sorry to hear you have arthritis Hope you getting this out feels okay and safe for you... you aren't
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Trigger warning, from overwrought emotions! by Ceremony @ 12/01/16 04:33 PM

Brothers, I'm sorry I think I'm lucky. I cry at the drop of a hat to sadness. I rage easily at wrongs done to any! And in it, I read the stories. I read.... TRIGGERS I'm lucky I don't know if I have any memory of tasting come, or if I really do ge
Gay/Bi/Trans Survivors
Jump to new posts Sharing by mikewww @ 12/01/16 03:48 PM

At 20, I am now accepting that I must come out and express and present myself more often as a female. Throughout my childhood, I often felt like a girl and especially now in my friendships and relationships with both men and women. My mom seems under
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Another vote for "Nonviolent Communication" by Magellan @ 12/01/16 01:43 PM

I've had a couple of people recommend this book to me, and after seeing it mentioned here at MS, I decided to get the book. Finished it yesterday. The way it's written is so well laid out, that it really helps you to change the way you think about
Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: i love you by Ceremony @ 12/01/16 12:56 PM

Today, and I think it's for no reason, I'm moody. Moody as hell! I wanna swear. There are things I can imagine, ok, I wanna think about it? I want a computer, or to go to the library? Not really! My leg/knee arthritis has been hurting like a mutha f
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Reflection and Hopefully A Healing One by KMCINVA @ 12/01/16 12:30 PM

Ceremony I am not sure why I had this need to rewrite and add to it. I think when I wrote it as a child it was to escape the pain from the abuse and now I see the pain has been compounded by the pain caused by certain people that brought the abuse t
U.S. & World News
Jump to new posts Re: Former Pro Footballer Discloses Abuse He Suffered by SayItRight @ 12/01/16 11:05 AM

Jay, Agreed, and for some reason, the players's comments about thr abuse, its effects, the subsequent alienation, the reasons for silence, thr shoddiness of investigations have been - while gut wrenching to read at times - affirming of many aspects o
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Reflection and Hopefully A Healing One by Ceremony @ 12/01/16 10:57 AM

I find it very hard to accept love.
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: in a weird place at the moment by JScott12 @ 12/01/16 10:37 AM

First off I want to thank you all for the replies, I've just got round to reading them, been a busy few days. Ceremony - It sounds like you've had a long battle and you are in a better place now? thats inspiring to hear. Feelings are something I str
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Reflection and Hopefully A Healing One by KMCINVA @ 12/01/16 09:59 AM

Paul I am rereading trying to get direction. How did you mother come to terms with what she did and how it impacted her. Was it your brother's suicide attempt, therapy or what. I just want to let you know, just in case I never get around to it, yo
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Therapy material by WG @ 12/01/16 09:42 AM

Hi Chewy - I've read the Mike Lew book - "Victims No Longer" excellent. I've also read "The Sexual Healing Journey" - it deals with both men and women. The Mike Lew book is for men. Faith-based books might include Rid of my Disgra
U.S. & World News
I think that only if you've been a victim of childhood sexual abuse can you understand what these footballer csa survivors are describing. I, myself, find it hard to understand, many times, how csa can have such a pervasive effect and consequences o
Male Survivors
Ceremony The Diocese must have heard you. Last night I received a very kind note from the Diocese. They continue to express their concern for my well being. It was nice and I appreciate their words but it does not undo the damage done from the abu
Page 3 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.