Newest Members
AdamAnt, Henry L., Bardock, TylerZ, PhilUK
13335 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Gamgee (62), jilliant (41), montecristo (45), No_intimacy (55), thecoopstah (48)
Who's Online
4 registered (Jer, payne, 2 invisible), 77 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
13,335 Registered Members
76 Forums
69,096 Topics
481,049 Posts

Most users ever online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Yale Research Project
Thank you!
Yale Research Project
Jump to new posts Re: Please complete our survey! by Tom E. @ Today at 01:59 AM

Thanks for the info!
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Barbara Whitfield, Victim, Survivor, Thriver by greenwizard @ Today at 12:45 AM

Interesting. Not sure if I'm a victim or a survivor. I'm learning how to relax around familiar people, but strangers, I'm still on edge. I have help, but I don't feel like I deserve it. My girlfriend is a saint for putting up with me, and N, he m
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Does anybody else do this? by traveler @ Today at 12:26 AM

greenwizard - it is not weird and you are not annoying by asking questions - but don't start apologizing - or it will get annoying! just joking. I write a lot too. not quite the same as what you described but somewhat similar. I wrote a series of s
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Am I broken? by greenwizard @ Today at 12:15 AM

No, I don't think anything is wrong with you. For a little while I had a friend that identified as homoromantic, but asexual. That meant he sought romantic relationships with men, but had zero interest in actual sex. I have since met a very nice w
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Does anybody else do this? by LinEar @ Yesterday at 10:44 PM

Greenwizard, You're not being annoying. I'm not a writer -- although I definitely should commit more to writing -- but that doesn't sound really weird to me. It sounds to me like something perfectly rational. I think you've hit right on what you're
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Barbara Whitfield, Victim, Survivor, Thriver by LinEar @ Yesterday at 10:19 PM

Thanks for sharing that chart.
Military Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: MST Trigers by MojaveMike @ Yesterday at 10:13 PM

That would definitely be a trigger.
Men Abused/Assaulted as Adults
Jump to new posts Re: WHAT DO OTHERS DO? IS THIS NORMAL? by MojaveMike @ Yesterday at 10:05 PM

I scheduled a Reiki Healing today, it's a big step for me. It's kind of like massage except they barely touch you. I'm not sure I'll be able to handle it. I feel ready to try though.
Books, Music & Films for Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: music describes how im feeling better than i can by LinEar @ Yesterday at 09:53 PM

Originally Posted By CeremonyWell, I thought I could stop, I'm really into this kind of thing. This song popped up, it's got meaning to me that I want to explain, like it genuinely is me who wants the partner who can relate, who can feel, who can sha
Introductions
Jump to new posts Re: Me in a nutshell by MojaveMike @ Yesterday at 09:49 PM

Thanks for having the courage to post. Hope college is going well. When the time is right take the next step forward in recovery.
Sexual Identity Issues
Jump to new posts Re: Masturbation Shame Discussion by greenwizard @ Yesterday at 08:57 PM

I think I was lucky to not grow up in a very religious household when I hear stories like this. I've been masturbating since I can remember. My earliest memory was when my dad was still driving truck, and I was about 2 when he had to quit after a m
Classifieds
Jump to new posts Re: Phoenix, AZ by Ceremony @ Yesterday at 08:54 PM

I just spent time looking locally here, and found one in St. Paul, Mn, and it looked interesting. It's going to stay on my radar. I agree to checking like this. There has to be stuff for us sometime. That MS and other exist is encouraging. Awarenes
Classifieds
Jump to new posts Re: Phoenix, AZ by iaccus @ Yesterday at 08:30 PM

thank you ceremony for taking the time to do that search! I have been looking most of the day and haven't found anything either. I will look into your suggestions! I guess I thought I would take a shot in the dark by posting to this thread.
Classifieds
Jump to new posts Re: Phoenix, AZ by Ceremony @ Yesterday at 08:24 PM

Originally Posted By iaccusI am traveling to Phoenix Arizona next week. has anyone found any groups or meetings in the area? iaccus, brother, I'm aware of enough to want the best if possible... you know what I mean. I just looked, man, there's no
Sexual Identity Issues
Jump to new posts Re: So sure I was gay... by greenwizard @ Yesterday at 08:13 PM

I will start off by saying sexuality is a very messy and confusing thing by itself, and when you add abuse at such a young age... Is it possible that being abused by your brother made you think you were gay? I think so, yes. At such a young age ou
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Does anybody else do this? by greenwizard @ Yesterday at 07:44 PM

I know, I'm probably being annoying at this point, but something else popped into my head. I am a creative writer. I'm weird as I have always been into fantasy and romance. But I have noticed that since my attack I seem to like to write rape fanta
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Am I broken? by TylerZ @ Yesterday at 07:39 PM

I'm a little embarrassed about this subject, but I would like feed back. I am not physically attracted to anyone. I don't see males or females in a sexual manner. Neither attract me at all. In fact, when someone does show an intrest in me, I am imme
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Complicated truth. Will it set me free? by oic @ Yesterday at 07:36 PM

(((WG))) EMDR is just one more tool in the arsenal I have to move the healing forward. I've only completed two installments so far so a little early for me to call it a miracle but it has helped me learn to feel something besides shame & rage. I
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Terrible Nightmare/Flashback Brings Some Clarity by Ceremony @ Yesterday at 07:13 PM

Originally Posted By sorryson Hello I received an email from Kevin. He is off for a few days. He just said they have given him an antipsychotic for the PTSD and dissociation and paxil. He said he is having difficulty dealing with the boy that commi
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Terrible Nightmare/Flashback Brings Some Clarity by Ceremony @ Yesterday at 07:10 PM

Originally Posted By sorrysonHello I received an email from Kevin. He is off for a few days. He just said they have given him an antipsychotic for the PTSD and dissociation and paxil. He said he is having difficulty dealing with the boy that commit
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Complicated truth. Will it set me free? by WG @ Yesterday at 06:49 PM

I haven't done EMDR - and my therapist does do that _ however it just wasn't where I needed to be. I know it works for other people, and I'm glad to know that for some of the guys in here it is a miracle. What that book said about how it interferes w
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Envying Perpetrators by WG @ Yesterday at 06:37 PM

What they did is one of the very reasons we are all in here. We do get addicted, we do attempt to end our lives, we don't know how to love (give or receive), we wish it all could be different. I think one of the most difficult pieces my therapist and
Classifieds
Jump to new posts Re: Phoenix, AZ by iaccus @ Yesterday at 05:31 PM

I am traveling to Phoenix Arizona next week. has anyone found any groups or meetings in the area?
Family and Friends
Jump to new posts Re: Husband's insecurities by Nalh78 @ Yesterday at 05:18 PM

He says I'm the only one who has ever been able to calm his rage and he gives me mine. Thank you for your time and concern.
Page 2 of 14 < 1 2 3 4 13 14 >

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.