Newest Members
jgraham, Eggshells, Mk89, Mishima, B5b5b5
13415 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Reactor2 (62), ScooterSCS (36), USARMYMAN59 (58), WPB (48)
Who's Online
4 registered (LinEar, tobefree151, dac, 1 invisible), 68 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
13,415 Registered Members
75 Forums
69,478 Topics
484,560 Posts

Most users ever online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Edward Scissor hands why does the ending bother me by dark empathy @ 05/20/17 10:49 AM

Last night my lady and I watched Edward scissor hands (with a rather good audio description I might add). I loved the film in a lot of ways, after all as anyone who knows my story will know, I've identified myself with characters like Edward, the P
Male Survivors
DanielQ432, You didn't fuck up in 2012. It sounds like you did amazingly well under the circumstances. Though you worked hard to get through it, it may come up again through NO FAULT of your own. You don't have to do what Emotional Man tells you to
Sexual Identity Issues
Jump to new posts Re: Confused as fuck by oic @ 05/20/17 10:12 AM

(Chris4TheMill) Thanks a ton! It's a bit overwhelming right now. I've been swimming hard as hell for 16 months after giving up for six years on the therapeutic process. Took 25 years to find competent providers & now too much to treat....homocys
Books, Music & Films for Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Music influnces, songs and talk. by WG @ 05/20/17 09:58 AM

Since I'm old - 63 - my favorite style comes from the mid-60's. Growing up in Southern California, not far from LA, I was able to go to concerts quite often. Animals, Beach Boys, Big Brother & The Holding Company, Jefferson Airplane, Steppenwolf,
Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Financial Strain by greenwizard @ 05/20/17 08:09 AM

Wow, that's kinda messed up. Is there any way you can find another place to live? Seriously, because you do live there you are responsible for at least half of the household expenses, but not more. Her car, her projects, her dog... all her problem
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Hey guys - I do understand now - UPDATED 05/23 by DanielQ432 @ 05/20/17 07:33 AM

I believe I understand what is going on, but it has me freaked out. 7 days from a place of empowerment where I was very optimistic about my future to this morning, where I am a mess. I slept more last night than in a week and that helped. I had
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Walking around with a secret by Shane10 @ 05/20/17 01:26 AM

I gotta say there are some strong spirits around here. To be dealing with this stuff head on in this way leaves me in awe. Ceremony: Sorry you had to deal with this too in that way. It really sucks that we have to worry so much because of our past
Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Financial Strain by wgrrcb @ 05/20/17 12:47 AM

How much does she make?
Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Country Music by wgrrcb @ 05/20/17 12:44 AM

I like Tarkio.
Off Topic
Jump to new posts Country Music by HowardCosell1990 @ 05/20/17 12:17 AM

Anyone here a country music fan? I like Jimmie Rodgers, Jimmy Dean, Merle Haggard, Buck Owens, and some others too. Looking forward to hearing your favorites!
Poetry
Jump to new posts Re: Tante *****Triggers***** by Shyshark @ 05/19/17 11:57 PM

Triste
Introductions
Jump to new posts Re: New by woodenshoes @ 05/19/17 10:23 PM

Shane Welcome sorry for the reason you were brought here. Healing is possible if you want it bad enough. Ws
Poetry
Jump to new posts Scattered by Tryingtolive @ 05/19/17 07:49 PM

I'm all over the place. Physically here. Mentally not. Scattered. Memories. Day dreaming. I'm falling apart. Focus is not possible. Drive and stability something I don't have. I'm truly fucked. Picking up the past. But leaving the present. Day in, da
Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Financial Strain by TW16 @ 05/19/17 07:44 PM

Did I mention my friend has a problem with codependency? She does recognize this, however. TW16
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: How to Stop Acting Out??? Trigger Warning by Chris4TheMill @ 05/19/17 07:26 PM

That's a really good word and so well said, WG. I am particularly encouraged by your report of how the mindfulness has helped you over time. As I mentioned, I just started so do not yet have the experience with it that you have had. Yes, as far a
Introductions
Jump to new posts Re: New by manipulated @ 05/19/17 07:26 PM

Welcome. Sorry for what brings you but glad you are here.
Poetry
Jump to new posts warrior I Am by Elad1 @ 05/19/17 07:03 PM

For each mountain I ascend victory is mine For each valley I fall to the grasp of failure I remain strong For the next battle I choose ready The wounds I proudly carry show me the warrior I am.
Male Survivors
Well said, Chris - we all to one degree or another, deal with the disconnectedness and the easy detachment. We had to - it was a survival mechanism. The difficult part -at least for me - was not doing that when I was around others who were not harmfu
Sexual Identity Issues
Jump to new posts Re: Confused as fuck by Chris4TheMill @ 05/19/17 06:54 PM

oic, Am so glad that you got some work done with the labs and they showed something concrete. That means it can be treated. The good news is that we can do alot to combat adrenal fatique on our own. I know a bit about it because I deal with it m
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: How to Stop Acting Out??? Trigger Warning by Chris4TheMill @ 05/19/17 06:35 PM

Wreckage, My therapist gave me a mindfulness meditation exercise, to help with the dissociation disconnection, and detachment you mentioned. The purpose of it is to help our brains stay grounded in the present moment. I just started with it and it
Sexual Identity Issues
Jump to new posts Re: Confused as fuck by oic @ 05/19/17 06:32 PM

Dr's. office called & my labs are all whacked, stress hormones, adrenal fatigue, etc...said no wonder I feel awful but ordering a bunch of new meds & say they can help me get to feeling much better. Once, when I first I acted out in '91, T sa
Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Art and Abuse by dac @ 05/19/17 06:00 PM

Congratulations on your exhibition, I am sure it is terrifying but it must be exquisitely exciting too. I dream of being in commercial galleries but don't really know how to make that happen.. the only thing I am confident doing is creating art! I ho
Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: i love you by Sterling @ 05/19/17 05:47 PM

he hated me and had me abandon my mother! f'n cunt!! this video of : the science of neglect may be too triggeing. so please don't watch if it's too much. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bF3j5UVCSCA
Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: i love you by Sterling @ 05/19/17 05:32 PM

yea. its like I have tow. dad. sorthis. him. tueh I have their ovide. I always thought I was a fril. and I cicnt have nayone to talk to. now. I do. I know I like that guy I bhave to let him go. I fucked up. anyway. I just want to feel love. I j
Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Art and Abuse by BDD @ 05/19/17 05:26 PM

Going public is horrifying. I am on a train right now heading to my opening reception. My back is crazy tight and I am sparking left and right. I started off in a cooperative gallery. I couldn't call myself an artist, the title was to big. Everyone
Page 13 of 17 < 1 2 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 >

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.