Newest Members
Henry L., Bardock, TylerZ, PhilUK, tobefree151
13334 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
40LOVE (53), iSurvive (55), mochadrinker (47), ozzie_guy (52), rtt (22), time2tell (59)
Who's Online
5 registered (PhilUK, BDD, 3 invisible), 74 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
13,334 Registered Members
76 Forums
69,087 Topics
480,982 Posts

Most users ever online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Untangling Anxiety Disorder Symptom***TRIGGERS*** by greenwizard @ 02/20/17 01:06 PM

I will agree, be completely honest with the therapist you are sent to. I understand all too well that applying for disability is intimidating. I had to do it myself ten years ago. My abuse hadn't happened yet, and had nothing to do with it, but I
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: I did it by Ceremony @ 02/20/17 12:50 PM

A need like this is very important. That friend will understand. I'm glad you're getting that help!
Male Survivors
Hi islandboy, I'm glad to have this chance to read your concerns, and have a chance to share. Your experiences are expressed well enough, and understood well enough. In my heart, I wish you well and hope you're getting connections that offer validati
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: I did it by greenwizard @ 02/20/17 12:16 PM

It really does feel good that I told a police officer, and something at least is being done. Since he is my friend and does understand my fears he is also keeping my name out of the investigation for now. If he doesn't come up with anything nobody
Family and Friends
Jump to new posts Re: Can I really help?????? by Ceremony @ 02/20/17 11:57 AM

I think there are layers to this csa that keep unpeeling to me. I'm pretty sure I've noted most that are important to me up to the present. I can imagine that after so much time, and your own needs, you've made some decisions on focus too? That bit o
Family and Friends
Jump to new posts Can I really help?????? by md4e @ 02/20/17 11:30 AM

So I am in a place that has me wondering if I can really help...make a difference. I have for decades put myself and family first. I see the results in many ways, but with my spouse..not today and do I ever??? His dissociation seems to be such that
Male Survivors
1islandboy Great questions and I understand the confusion. I think many of the issues occur concurrently. Anxiety and flashbacks seem to go hand in hand. My dissociation occurred many times as a result of flashbacks and anxiety. When in dissociatio
Books, Music & Films for Survivors
I've heard this song a lot over the decades. It's started to mean a lot more now than ever. A connection to some few memories of my early 20's, an exuberance for life that had woke. An energy that overcame my once introverted self, and I was making h
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: i am back by KMCINVA @ 02/20/17 08:55 AM

Glad to hear you are well. Time away is needed to help recharge and allow you to focus. We all heal differently and you made the right decision for yourself. No need to be sorry-- Kevin
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: I did it by KMCINVA @ 02/20/17 08:23 AM

Greenwizard Telling your friend I hope has given you a sense of being empowered against the abuse and abuser. Your friend is a true friend and has stood by you and your girlfriend seems to be a kind and supportive person. You will find most people a
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: I did it by BDD @ 02/20/17 05:53 AM

That is a huge, hard step to take! Congratulations
U.S. & World News
Originally Posted By Jacob Shttps://twitter.com/yashar/status/833516009143279616?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw Calls consent "arbitrary and oppressive" Says older men "help" children through sex TRIGGERS and NSFW Wow, JacobS, I think i
Male Survivors
I'm gonna go out on a limb here and suggest............ - Be honest with your therapist , what do you have to lose. Honest that your struggling to figure this out, you need time and help to do so and you'll try your best - breathe. One of the best
U.S. & World News
https://twitter.com/yashar/status/833516009143279616?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw Calls consent "arbitrary and oppressive" Says older men "help" children through sex TRIGGERS and NSFW
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Untangling Anxiety Disorder Symptom***TRIGGERS*** by 1islandboy @ 02/20/17 03:15 AM

I probably, just need to be as calm as possible. Accurate as possible. Straight up tell them the numbers I give, are general averages. Do the best of my ability. What more can they ask? I am calmer now,. Any advice on differentiation, would still
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Untangling Anxiety Disorder Symptom***TRIGGERS*** by 1islandboy @ 02/20/17 02:26 AM

(Perhaps only triggers for me, as I talk around it, I see it), I find it so absolutely frustrating to accurately report my PTSD symptoms. (As, I have PTSD. The irony is not lost here). I actually have a co-occuring condition where my Tinnitus-hyp
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: i am back by 1islandboy @ 02/20/17 12:59 AM

No reason to be sorry, a lot of us disappear for while try to normalize our lives. We get too healthy (at least we try be). Honestly, I didn't know you were gone, cause I was gone also gone too. Reminds me of that old Eagles song, "You can chec
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: I did it by greenwizard @ 02/19/17 11:04 PM

My friend called today to see how I was doing and to assure me I have not been forgotten. He spent today finding out her name and doing the mind numbing paperwork. He said it will probably be a few days because the way he is going about things no l
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Progress I Have Been Told by focusedbody @ 02/19/17 10:50 PM

Kevin: Yes, the distinction between abuse and safety is an important one. It also seems to me that earlier in life, I made them in my conscious mind to be very different. And yet in my actions, found myself still in abusive situations. Lately, I
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: i am back by FormerTexan @ 02/19/17 10:43 PM

Welcome back, ibd.
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Adoptive parental abuse by New47bliss @ 02/19/17 09:47 PM

Thanks
Spirituality and Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Great Book by 1islandboy @ 02/19/17 09:26 PM

Considering, I am in this forum. A book, I believe that is worth mentioning... Legacy of the Heart: The Spiritual Advantages of a Painful Childhood, by Wayne Muller. House of Pain (Faster Pussycat) island
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts i am back by illbedat @ 02/19/17 09:11 PM

Look sometimes life has roads u dont know your even on. Im sorry dor everyone who was felt abandoned by me,it was not my intention. I been through a lot past few years and while it was lonley and the worst period of my life, i have found a comfort an
Survivor Stories
Jump to new posts part 1 the first time - trigger warning by YutoG @ 02/19/17 08:42 PM

Going to try to continue... struggling to write everything down but really want to try. Thinking a lot about everything that's happened this is the part I have difficulty thinking about the most bc I was really young when it happened going to try to
Books, Music & Films for Survivors
Wanna share some happy songs, these get me through! David Byrne - "This Must Be the Place": If there's interest, I save the url in the address bar above for my browser (YouTube), then I use the full edit window for this MS foru
Page 11 of 14 < 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 14 >

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.