Newest Members
Bzzt, Adam Murph, Leelin, Max1969, rogpsm
13388 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
JeffreyMerton (48), LupinIII (46)
Who's Online
1 registered (tobefree151), 68 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
13,388 Registered Members
76 Forums
69,443 Topics
483,724 Posts

Most users ever online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Introductions
Jump to new posts Re: Hello, just joined by Max1969 @ 04/25/17 12:56 PM

Thank you all for the very encouraging words of support. I’m sorry you guys have to be here too. There is a certain comfort from knowing I’m not alone and that my reactions to this were not really abnormal. In fact when I have read books about
Poetry
Jump to new posts Re: You by Free Radical @ 04/25/17 12:12 PM

What a dear man you are!
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Child molester takes center stage at festival by Blvd1236 @ 04/25/17 11:31 AM

Pretty disturbing - not exactly a great message to be sending during Child Abuse Prevention month
Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: i love you by Sterling @ 04/25/17 11:31 AM

Thanks brayden . I really appreciate this. I needed that. I get so internal. It's hard for me to stay in the moment. I have this stuff , where their voices are w/ me...all the time. I cant forgive. I don't know who. this is. They want me to ea
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Painful Day by Blvd1236 @ 04/25/17 11:25 AM

Kevin I see another aspect to this that you didn't mention. You pursued this - no matter how hard it got - you wouldn't let it go - you refused to let the truth rot away in dark corners - you persevered and carried the truth out into daylight. B
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Update: How much pain and loneliness can I stand by Bluedogone @ 04/25/17 11:13 AM

Hey Mike, Thanks so much for that very positive report. Progress ! I'm sorry to hear it took such an agonizing and depressing experience for you to get to this point, but the future sounds pretty encouraging. Best wishes and good luck as you begin
Poetry
Jump to new posts U) Yesterday by tommyb @ 04/25/17 11:07 AM

(a chapter) __________ (Tuesday, 25APR2017) Rained in Ashe yesterday. 'Didn't know what to say. No one can prove it's possible, to write to the poor only. Whether spiritually or materially. 'Wasn't the same five minute rain. As summer nineteen
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: that voice by Ceremony @ 04/25/17 11:02 AM

You're a thoughtful, and sharing man greenwizard. Your connections to one particular officer has shown a possible good outcome, that heretofore, myself has had deep fear, doom and inescapable hard feelings toward any authority. It's not a respect thi
Poetry
Jump to new posts Re: You by tommyb @ 04/25/17 10:59 AM

(Shyshark)
Survivors of Female Abuse
Jump to new posts Re: Confrontation (Trigger warning) by LinEar @ 04/25/17 10:55 AM

Good information about HRV, FB. I posted a bit about HRV in my post on neurofeedback -- we start every neurofeedback session with 10 minutes of HRV and it's been helpful on its own as well as getting into a better head/body space for neurofeedback. T
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: that voice by greenwizard @ 04/25/17 10:31 AM

Man, this is hard. I can't come up with a single good thing the little voice can't refute. I'm a pretty good cook. Well, I can follow a recipe I got from someone else. Not exactly rocket science. I'm smart enough to hold up a conversation with m
Male Survivors
I'm really glad to read this Michael. I encourage you to keep at it, and do the prep work if it's explained. I think EMDR is a very good door to working on life, and a tool to the ongoing process of living. Best wishes.
Male Survivors
Mike I am happy you are getting the help and support you need. You were brave to face the need for hospitalization vs harming yourself. Depression and anxiety which can bring an internal pain and loneliness are serious and left unattended can lead
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Update: How much pain and loneliness can I stand by greenwizard @ 04/25/17 10:17 AM

I'm sorry that you went through all that, but I'm so glad things are looking up now.
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Update: How much pain and loneliness can I stand by Michael1965 @ 04/25/17 10:14 AM

A few weeks ago I posted about how much pain and loneliness can a person stand. Well, I found the answer. My depression and anxiety continued to plummet. I went to my psychiatrist and went through a complete med overhaul and change. I should have ta
Introductions
Jump to new posts Re: New and unsure by KMCINVA @ 04/25/17 10:13 AM

Physicsfriend Welcome and glad you found you way here. Abuse does different things to each persons mind. For me I always remembered the abuse but would escape, and did not know I was escaping, through dissociation. A world I will never remember--dis
Introductions
Jump to new posts Re: New and unsure by manipulated @ 04/25/17 10:09 AM

Physics, Welcome! I just read your post elsewhere and trust that you can find safety here and men who understand the uncertainty of what sounds like an incestual assault and the guilt dumping that emanates from the perp. Please feel welcome and saf
Introductions
Jump to new posts Re: Hello, just joined by manipulated @ 04/25/17 10:04 AM

Welcome! Sorry for what you are feeling and what brings you here but as said above you have found men who understand and have walked the path ahead of you unfortunately. Take your time but join in chat, comment, post or try healing circle (Wednesday
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Dream by WG @ 04/25/17 09:57 AM

I, too, have 'the dreams'. They used to be almost nightly for years and years. The part that always messed me up was that they were a conglomeration of incidents - so not a lot of definite pieces to string together. Just a lot of horrific images and
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: So Lonely by physicsfriend @ 04/25/17 09:44 AM

I'm sorry; loneliness hurts so much. I am not actually an introvert myself (I am the dreaded extrovert!) but even so, there are times when my trauma has entirely suppressed my ability to interact in social situations. Like you, I often just felt saf
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: So Lonely by WG @ 04/25/17 09:42 AM

I'm what most people would call an extrovert. I don't mind being around people for extended periods of time - I work with a clientele that can be needy and I do see most of them once a week. However, there are times I have to be alone. We all need th
Gay/Bi/Trans Survivors
Jump to new posts Abuser takes credit for my sexuality/gender by physicsfriend @ 04/25/17 09:32 AM

I'm a transgender man. While I knew I was male since I was 4 or 5 years old, it took me until I was 25 to finally overcome the suppression of my family and my brainwashing to begin actually living as the man that I am. Before I came out as transgend
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: So Lonely by bluesky @ 04/25/17 09:31 AM

There are times that I do want to interact with any one except for my wife, kids and T. I don't like going to family events or to service at my congragation. I don't want to interact with patients or any one. The funny thing is that when I'm what I c
Gay/Bi/Trans Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: mixed messages by physicsfriend @ 04/25/17 09:06 AM

Agreed, bullies are horrible in the way they reinforce our trauma, and abusers take advantage of that. Abusers know that, if they can associate their victims with the people society despises ("you're gay" and "you're ugly" and &q
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: So Lonely by batman72 @ 04/25/17 08:46 AM

Being with people is tremendously exhausting sometimes. Also, people who aren't introverts have the hardest time understanding us. What I've found helpful is to make a plan to go out with others, but give myself somewhat of a time frame. If things ar
Page 11 of 17 < 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 16 17 >

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.