Newest Members
ceez, farmboy405, Kurts, Thankfulone, cycling
13426 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
sailfish (47)
Who's Online
6 registered (Chris4TheMill, Ceremony, atari_kid86, DanielQ432, 2 invisible), 71 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
13,426 Registered Members
75 Forums
69,634 Topics
485,907 Posts

Most users ever online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Exercise, eating disorders, wellness by Can_I_Do_This @ 06/17/17 12:16 PM

Both of you guys just put me in a bowl and smoked me. I am beyond happy to see you, Daniel, out and about doing what you love. I *used* to ride quite a bit, city and trails, but I always hated any and all uphills. I don't care how far I gear down,
U.S. & World News
Jump to new posts Re: Cosby Story by Chris4TheMill @ 06/17/17 12:13 PM

Update: Latest case ended in a mistrial. His wife is defiantly blasting the judge and district attorney.. ...His #1 enabler? You decide. According to the D.A., more than 60 women have claimed he drugged and sexually assaulted them over the decad
Gay/Bi/Trans Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: When people question if teen/adult is always bad by greenwizard @ 06/17/17 11:51 AM

Well, N is my age, 32 now, and he is a very well adjusted happy adult. In this case N, the teenager, made the first move. S was the one that struggled a little with it because of it being illegal and probably not the smartest thing. It wasn't like
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Sound familiar? by greenwizard @ 06/17/17 11:03 AM

Yeah, a lot of that sounds very familiar. The only things I don't identify with are the conflict stuff. I'm passive to a point, but can only be pushed so far until the claws come out and I fight back like a hellcat.
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Weird things that trigger you? by Free Radical @ 06/17/17 11:00 AM

Originally Posted By traveler being touched while sleeping Yes. Oh yes. Seeing kids about the age that I was, who look happy. Kid boys w their dads. Being watched/spied on. Closed doors. Cramped quarters. Feeling pinned down. Violence.
Survivors of Female Abuse
Jump to new posts Re: Are ALL women this awful? Or is it just me? by dark empathy @ 06/17/17 10:46 AM

Hi Chris. I really am not sure about the "friend zone" mentality thing. Again of the successful couples I know were very much friends first, could share interests and be honest with each other and the romantic end of love came later. U
Introductions
Jump to new posts Re: I was abused by A man who was abused as a child by dark empathy @ 06/17/17 10:31 AM

Just because someone has experienced abuse, that is not an excuse to then perpetuate that abuse onto someone else, it does not make it okay or justify it. I suspect several of the girls who were my abusers were abused in their turn previously, howe
Family and Friends
Jump to new posts deleted by HealingHope @ 06/17/17 09:05 AM

Family and Friends
Jump to new posts Re: What was your tipping point to disclose? by dark empathy @ 06/17/17 08:50 AM

@hh, one thing I will say about Robert's post, is that there is a difference. Sometimes affects of abuse are not always clear to us either, I am just starting to realize that I have a fear of crowds and of strangers that tends to keep me isolated sim
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Exercise, eating disorders, wellness by DanielQ432 @ 06/17/17 08:28 AM

That's a great, motivating response. Thanks!
Introductions
Jump to new posts Re: I was abused by A man who was abused as a child by Chris4TheMill @ 06/17/17 07:13 AM

Thankfulone, I am very sorry for everything you have experienced with this man, your husband. No one deserves to be physically attacked or emotionally abused in their own home, especially by an intimate partner. I am going to draw a loose paralle
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Exercise, eating disorders, wellness by BDD @ 06/17/17 05:43 AM

DanielQ432, I can second that! Exercise has been such a powerful influence on my growth. Developing an awareness of my body, how it feels and moves has helped my relationship with it. My abuse severed that connection. But for me, more importantly,
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Exercise, eating disorders, wellness by DanielQ432 @ 06/17/17 04:38 AM

Hi Guys. 90% of the time I feel batshit crazy, struggle with food choices etc. I'm about halfway into a 60 mile bike ride. Parked for a water break on a quiet suburban street. Nothing clears my head like exercise. The town I'm in right now is X H
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Solitude by Tryingtolive @ 06/17/17 03:21 AM

Solitude When I'm most comfortable No one around Just me In my lost hidden self. Well aware I'm avoiding everyone. Different Groups of friends. I could have so many. But still I choose to be left alone. In Solitude No one can hurt me. Just myself
Family and Friends
Jump to new posts deleted by HealingHope @ 06/17/17 02:17 AM

Introductions
Jump to new posts Re: Greetings All by kcinohio @ 06/17/17 01:07 AM

Welcome Cirillo. Hope you find help and support here on the forums.
Humor
Jump to new posts Re: Some Stupid Jokes by oic @ 06/17/17 12:51 AM

Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Weird things that trigger you? by traveler @ 06/16/17 10:43 PM

some more occurred to me: the smell of canvas tents sleeping bags musty wash cloths terrazzo floors being in groups of all males being touched while sleeping
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Sound familiar? by traveler @ 06/16/17 10:27 PM

yep - i have had all but the last two. now i am doing better in many of them - but not totally over most of them. Lee
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Sound familiar? by LinEar @ 06/16/17 10:25 PM

Great list, I can identify with everything -- and I'm also improving with all of it! I see many of the items in some of those around me as well, especially those with whom I've felt that *red flag* "instant" "deep" connection.
Introductions
Jump to new posts I was abused by A man who was abused as a child by Thankfulone @ 06/16/17 10:22 PM

I've come to this forum for support as a woman who has experienced abuse in a relationship by a man who was sexually and physically abused by both of his parents. I also suffered abuse as a child due to neglect and abandonment by both of my parents.
Gay/Bi/Trans Survivors
I can't see a sexual relationship between an early adolescent & an adult (even in their 20's) as being a good thing.
Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Girl Convicted Of Encouraging Suicide by Bluedogone @ 06/16/17 09:15 PM

Hi Paul, I try not to look through rose colored glasses always, and try to see the real world. But I disagree that we are becoming more callous every day. What this girl did is unconscionable to think she could care so little about another human
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Lying liars by LinEar @ 06/16/17 09:12 PM

Originally Posted By Robert1000Dear brothers-in-survival: Anyway, in therapy, I talked about something that hasn't always been a subject. I'm talking about the groundwork that had already been done when a sick scumbag decided to victimize me. I'm no
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Sound familiar? by Ceremony @ 06/16/17 08:35 PM

Wow! An amazing list, that I would have preferred to avoid for my life. Dang!
Page 10 of 14 < 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 >

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.