Newest Members
CelloL, Elevenoneoneblog, DavidHauss, Mike 77, DarshansDaughter
13451 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
dasnam (68), firefox (43), Gregmidland (52), lostgirlfriend (39), ygblkman (42)
Who's Online
11 registered (DanielQ432, Ceremony, betrayed boy, 5 invisible), 108 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
13,451 Registered Members
75 Forums
69,764 Topics
487,074 Posts

Most users ever online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: The growth of rage!! Trigger?? Probably!! by Tom E. @ 9 minutes 57 seconds ago

I had a bad rage attack yesterday..On the phone with my brother, he has problems that trigger my anger, my own problems & then my partner, well-meaning, talking to me in one ear, suggesting what to say to my brother, while my brother on the phone
Health and Wellbeing
Jump to new posts Re: EMDR and me by Ceremony @ 11 minutes 50 seconds ago

I've had a chance to distract myself and breath since my earlier melt down. This is going into the DSM V submission by Bessel A. van der Kolk, MD Robert S. Pynoos, MD Here is the submission to the DSM V committee to add the DTD label fo us
Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Chester Bennington Suicide, Sexual Abuse by Tom E. @ 20 minutes 22 seconds ago

how very sad to feel that death is the only solution... it scares me because those thoughts sometimes infiltrate my mind too.
Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Chester Bennington Suicide, Sexual Abuse by manipulated @ 20 minutes 33 seconds ago

Be good to yourselves men. You have come so far. You have survived and are here which at least for me is the first place I felt understood and no longer alone. Please realize suicide is NOT a solution. There is survival and with work there is thrivin
Poetry
Jump to new posts Re: Logic vs feelings by tommyb @ 21 minutes 26 seconds ago

(Tryingtolive)
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: RIP Chester Bennington by DanielQ432 @ Today at 01:30 PM

Fortunately, I'm getting around to this better mental place again, after a couple of very intense, painfully therapeutic weeks. So, I can see this with some perspective, as a sad thing that will happen, some people won't make it. I don't recall if
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: RIP Chester Bennington by BDD @ Today at 01:22 PM

Quote:we lost one of our brothers I'm angry, sad, but I understand too? Ceremony hit it on the head, talk to your brothers, to anyone. It doesn't even need to be full sentences. Please, when you are pressed against the wall, reach out.
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: The growth of rage!! Trigger?? Probably!! by DanielQ432 @ Today at 01:00 PM

Hey there, I'm kinda here with you - as much as I can be, I'm trying to get through a big backlog of stuff on my desk, but I'll check back when I can. How do you talk about this stuff? Well, slowly, gradually, baby steps. It goes from "someth
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: The growth of rage!! Trigger?? Probably!! by Ceremony @ Today at 12:59 PM

I feel beaten up, I hurt, tense and it's hard to breath.
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: The growth of rage!! Trigger?? Probably!! by Ceremony @ Today at 12:46 PM

Hey 79 guests, any of you in with the APA DSM leadership, you need to check yourself!! Our talk, in my desire will be all me doing the talking and you listen and just shut up!! I don't suppose anyone out there is APA DSM leadership, they're dismissiv
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: The growth of rage!! Trigger?? Probably!! by Ceremony @ Today at 12:43 PM

I suppose my wife's ways, and my mom wrote a letter to the three of us siblings. I'm the "hurt" one. She's thinking it's an apology letter. It's not the only thing, I write all about stuff, I go all over the place, there's always a lot invo
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: The growth of rage!! Trigger?? Probably!! by Ceremony @ Today at 12:36 PM

My body is dumped with whatever... You know it must be cortisol, that's what I trained it to do... self harm!! It's never been easy to think, and I get into this with a lot of intensity. I think a lot, riiiight! Who knows me, knows this. I'm a tens
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: The growth of rage!! Trigger?? Probably!! by Ceremony @ Today at 12:33 PM

I guess, no, I'm not Ok... Trying to breath... trying to type... missing keys... crying and that's not good enough...
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts The growth of rage!! Trigger?? Probably!! by Ceremony @ Today at 12:26 PM

This is how my mind gets to rage, the steps I'm doing right this moment which get me into that state: 1)I'm thinking about Chester Bennington, and he's a survivor who is now gone. Call: Lifeline if you're triggered. 2)I've been reading about my
Yale Research Project
Jump to new posts Re: Seventh Discussion Question: Applying research by Ceremony @ Today at 12:10 PM

Originally Posted By vsimiola Do you ever make use of research findings in your life? If so, how? I have answered my own question and the DSM V and supplements still ignore the well established research results by the ACE team and many others who re
Family and Friends
Jump to new posts Re: Help in am feeling the insanity.... by md4e @ Today at 12:00 PM

Thank you so much for validation. Brene Brown is wonderful!!! My H and I have all her books on my tablet, Those times we listen to her are some of the best...connecting, HH your words to me today are just what I needed, confirming by feelings and b
Family and Friends
Jump to new posts Re: Help in am feeling the insanity.... by HealingHope @ Today at 11:34 AM

I've been thinking bout you,D and I'm so sorry its hurting so much today. I like you gain so much from the safety of sharing here, you're not alone. It's interesting you say about letting yourself be vulnerable? I've just finished daring greatly by
Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Chester Bennington Suicide, Sexual Abuse by KMCINVA @ Today at 11:07 AM

It seems I have heard of a few suicides over the past month or so. Sad--but I know failure of people to see depression, past life experiences as precursors troubles me. Each suicide hits me and I think what were they feeling at the end--a need to rel
Family and Friends
Jump to new posts Re: Help in am feeling the insanity.... by Ceremony @ Today at 10:54 AM

I agree... it's helpful for me too.
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: not sure about this by dark empathy @ Today at 10:53 AM

@Greenwizard as someone who found pretty much anything and everything to do with sex triggering to a lesser or greater degree, from nudity, to explicit humour, I definitely know where your coming from with this. Like you I found things I had previou
Sexual Identity Issues
I am a real male. I don't know what a real man is or rather, I think there are different kinds of men. I guess on a sliding scale, (since I think in pictures) say from 1 - 50, 1 being all male and 50 being all female, I'd be at around 40? Depends
Family and Friends
Jump to new posts Re: Help in am feeling the insanity.... by md4e @ Today at 10:29 AM

Just wanted to say, I feel better after I share, after I let myself be vulnerable.....everyone can Thanks for witnessing D
Family and Friends
Jump to new posts Help in am feeling the insanity.... by md4e @ Today at 10:00 AM

I'm drowning in the insanity that csa leaves behind. I see who he is in those glimpses when he is totally present. But when I'm responded to like I'm the enemy..ouch How do you keep it up, I love him, I want to be with him. I plan trips and outings
Books, Music & Films for Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Music influnces, songs and talk. by Ceremony @ Today at 09:53 AM

Chris Cornell's passing in May, 2017 impacted our brother Chester Bennington very deeply and our minds have their own wiring truths. This complex ptsd deeply associated with the events of the past hurt and we have mind messes, mind storms, tornados t
Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Chester Bennington Suicide, Sexual Abuse by Ceremony @ Today at 09:42 AM

Yes. like Kevin mentions, call for assistance like this "Lifeline" How are you Kevin? Our sensitivities to the actions of others are in me deeply. I know how I'm triggered and I am. So, my dear brother, I project and know. Too, knowing f
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 9 10 >

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.