Newest Members
Henry L., Bardock, TylerZ, PhilUK, tobefree151
13334 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
40LOVE (53), iSurvive (55), mochadrinker (47), ozzie_guy (52), rtt (22), time2tell (59)
Who's Online
0 registered (), 72 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
13,334 Registered Members
76 Forums
69,087 Topics
480,983 Posts

Most users ever online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Detached? by BDD @ Today at 05:45 AM

This morning I encountered a quote that really resounds with me: The things that excite you are not random They are connected to your purpose. Follow them I dreamed of growing up to to be strong and athletic. I wanted to be like the high school b
Poetry
Jump to new posts Quiet by Tryingtolive @ Today at 03:52 AM

When In silence Repeating thoughts is all I hear. I'm quiet. Everything blocked out Just my worries. I'm quiet. In Need of a get away An escape. I know the consequences. I'm quiet. Temptations Running through my mind. I'm quiet. Constant thinking Cha
Yale Research Project
I'd love to answer a survey or surveys; where and when? -- Tom E
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: today by Zappafan @ Yesterday at 11:51 PM

I found it interesting you said you had therapy this a.m., after T is when I usually cry and feel down for a couple of days. Sounds pretty normal dude. Now to address this garbage bullsit you mentioned. You ARE NOT garbage. That's just the stench f
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: today by Elad1 @ Yesterday at 11:13 PM

Green wizard, Depression really sucks. I am on the depression wave now triggered by some mean things said and directed at me. It hurts by those who don't understand, your not whining, because to us, we do understand. You are safe here to speak your
Introductions
Jump to new posts Re: Hello Everyone by Winterfr3sh @ Yesterday at 11:11 PM

Originally Posted By Elad1Hi Winterfr3sh, I'm sorry for abuse you experienced as a child. The realization that this has affected you tells me you'r on a path to healing. Thank you for showing me the courage to come here and speak your truth. I often
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Anniversary-Trigger Warning by zookeeper @ Yesterday at 09:43 PM

Thanks so very much to all. Using a PRN tonight and hope to get something like sleep You guys are the best! Zoo
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Detached? by BDD @ Yesterday at 09:28 PM

Ceremony, I have worked on and off with my therapist since the 90s. I've never trusted anyone as much as I do him. He knows me so well and is so insightful. When I first started with him, I forbid him to ever bring up the assault, only I could. For
Introductions
Jump to new posts Re: Me in a nutshell by Elad1 @ Yesterday at 09:20 PM

Welcome TylerZ I'm sorry for what happened to you, but I'm glad you found us. When you stated "but every time I dreg up those memories I seem to go into full-fledged panic mode" tells me of the pain you carry, and is to be expected conside
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: lately by Elad1 @ Yesterday at 08:46 PM

Yeah, I agree too, let it rip. Its funny because this is the first thread I open and I read Iaccus post. It resonates with me because I feel the same. Today I was told I live as a victim, I self pity, I was told that no one will acknowledge my pain,
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Complicated truth. Will it set me free? by Ceremony @ Yesterday at 08:37 PM

Thanks for sharing you've been working with EMDR and reading "The Body Keeps the Score". I'm waiting for my copy. And I'm waiting to see if having EMDR is really going to happen? I'm pretty sure the therapists are considering helping me, I
Poetry
Jump to new posts Re: Depression by Ceremony @ Yesterday at 08:28 PM

Ttl, Sometimes words just can't get to the need. A hug, a comforting hug is needed. Know there must be some of us here, myself included, who want you to experience solace and support. I know you're aware, and it is so hard when the reality of depres
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: lately by Ceremony @ Yesterday at 08:12 PM

I agree with BDD. I honor your pace, and what you need to do, is where you are. I have read a lot here and I think a lot of men are making adjustments, and pace varies. Just like I was told when I was greeted . I know I still have a lot to say,
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Detached? by Ceremony @ Yesterday at 07:45 PM

What do you think of therapy BDD? How about your therapist? Too open to discuss? Is there a part of this you might expand on?
Health and Wellbeing
Jump to new posts Re: EMDR and me by Ceremony @ Yesterday at 07:29 PM

I'm thinking of you a lot iaccus. I send good thoughts your way all the time. Share your thoughts if you wish, I know I'm very outgoing in my way, but, I've learned so much here, I'm amazed and fascinated about the possibility to heal. Like, can I re
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Detached? by BDD @ Yesterday at 07:25 PM

***TRIGGERS** Update or Dump, not really sure: Scheduling conflict, todays therapy has been postponed until Sunday. I haven't faded away. I've been working on this. Lots of rambling notes. I thought if I printed them all out I could tape them toget
Poetry
Jump to new posts Re: Depression by woodenshoes @ Yesterday at 07:07 PM

Trying to live Has truth to it. W
Introductions
Jump to new posts Re: Me in a nutshell by woodenshoes @ Yesterday at 07:04 PM

Tyler You are welcome here no matter your age. You are now part of this group trying to heal from the wrongs of years past. Heal well my friend. W
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: today by woodenshoes @ Yesterday at 07:00 PM

Green wizard You will have spells of depression. You need to lean on your friends for support. I have been down the last couple of days but I know I need to get over it. Just talking to friends helps. You need to find a person that can relate to
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts today by greenwizard @ Yesterday at 06:48 PM

I debated about posting anything because to me it just sounds like whining. Depression is really hitting me hard tonight. You wouldn't think it would because I had therapy this morning, but... I feel like every victim that woman has taken since
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: lately by BDD @ Yesterday at 06:16 PM

iaccus, Mark it ***triggers** and let it rip. You don't have to be polite. You don't have to post it here, send a private message to someone, any one, me...just don't sit on it. I don't care if it's been said a billion fucking times, it needs to be
Health and Wellbeing
Jump to new posts Re: EMDR and me by iaccus @ Yesterday at 04:04 PM

thank you for sharing your thoughts on emdr in particular. I am very interested in your experience.
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts lately by iaccus @ Yesterday at 04:01 PM

lately I find myself in a bruding depressed and unfriendly place. I sit in the chat for hours with nothing to say. at home I do the same thing, nothing to say to my wife. my thoughts are dark and I have skipped therapy for the past few weeks, because
Survivors of Female Abuse
Jump to new posts Re: Maternal abuse by iaccus @ Yesterday at 03:52 PM

you are not alone brother, parents as perps is definitely a thing!
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Anniversary-Trigger Warning by greenwizard @ Yesterday at 03:32 PM

I am so sorry this happened, but glad you survived. Anniversaries are hard, but I send you lots of virtual hugs.
Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 13 14 >

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.