Newest Members
Leelin, Max1969, rogpsm, physicsfriend, GreyGrackle
13386 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Caetel (47), jethro (37)
Who's Online
6 registered (Broknwings, greenwizard, Bluedogone, Shyshark, 2 invisible), 53 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
13,386 Registered Members
76 Forums
69,439 Topics
483,673 Posts

Most users ever online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: My truth by Shyshark @ 2 minutes 54 seconds ago

and by the way ... We are 2 peas in a pod. I write reams of stuff ... my own posts and replies to others. It takes as long as it takes and when I think it's absolutely perfect and reflects exactly what I want to say ... it ends up on my big pile of
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: My truth by Shyshark @ 11 minutes 47 seconds ago

I'm certainly thrilled to know it wasn't about MS. I talked to 2 guys who were a bit confused at first but then understood. You must admit ... the first two lines are pretty riveting ... and guys might react so badly that they fail to read the rest.
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Self Respect and anger caught my attention by Ceremony @ 21 minutes 9 seconds ago

Magellan's "Self Respect" thread moved me today, and other's recent "anger" threads have been resonating. TylerZ in particular. In every respect of being a man, I'm diminished by my wife. Laid low, daily, hourly, per minute. It's
Family and Friends
Jump to new posts PTSD Group Outside Seattle by Bowierocks @ 38 minutes 39 seconds ago

Posted this in the male survivors section but thought the other gender should know as it's a coed group or rather all women and me at this point . . You don't have to be a survivor of sexual abuse to go. At this point more informal group than for ex
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts PTSD Group - Near Seattle by Bowierocks @ 47 minutes 55 seconds ago

Hi All , I finally found a new group that accepts men in Bellevue (outside Seattle ) It's just a meetup ( Free ! ) but is moderated and I am the only guy . I had been in contact with the group leader and I guess she liked my idea of having a commo
Family and Friends
Jump to new posts Re: Cool ... I think by Bowierocks @ Today at 06:31 PM

Thanks Blue Sky , I always liked practioners that think outside the box and try to myself despite the confines of the slogan ' community standards ' and evidence based medicine ' puts upon us ..I think Jung talks about true knowledge being from a s
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Finding self respect by Magellan @ Today at 06:15 PM

Thank you, Lee. It's been a long, hard road. I'm glad I appear to be near the end of this journey. Very much looking forward to what comes next. With my luck, I'll find out that I"m going to die in 6 months. Ha. :-/ Originally Posted By
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: I'm still scared of her by greenwizard @ Today at 06:03 PM

The woman who raped me lived in the same town and I had the same fears. For a while I was afraid she would decide to try and get at me again. Then when I got the courage to go to the police she was pissed and I feared retribution, which was not hel
Spirituality and Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: calling all christians by LinEar @ Today at 05:58 PM

Great, v-v!!
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Phone Call With Bishop On Monday by greenwizard @ Today at 05:50 PM

I hope all goes well for you. I know well that talking about things in detail like that is very intimidating and anxiety producing, but you can do it.
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: My truth by booksamurai @ Today at 05:48 PM

Thanks guys for your supportive comments. Shyshark, it never even entered my mind that what I wrote could be about anyone but my abuser and his family. I find that writing out what I am thinking or feeling helps me to see things a little more objec
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Finding self respect by Magellan @ Today at 05:46 PM

I can't tell you how many times I've said exactly the same thing, Free Radical. And here I am. Looking at what feels like a bonafide recovery. I feel self respect for myself, and I'm convinced that this self respect will never be able to be taken f
Gay/Bi/Trans Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Am I bisexual? by greenwizard @ Today at 05:44 PM

I have recently told her. It went better than I expected. The only thing she was really upset about is that I didn't say anything much sooner. She knows I love her and says it's no different than me being around other women. She trusts me.
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Finding self respect by Free Radical @ Today at 05:32 PM

To be totally honest this post kinda makes me mad/sad... There is no fucking way I will EVER be able to say the stuff Magellan said here...And it's scary because I don't see how I can force this to happen in my life. It looks like a long long road...
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: I'm still scared of her by house @ Today at 05:28 PM

My abuser lives a few miles from where I live and I when I was old enough to go to the local bars I was very scared I would run into him but none of my friends knew this so I would go to these local bars with them. One night I saw him at one of thes
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Extremely Angry by traveler @ Today at 04:46 PM

what kind of prof would allow that kind of personal attack on a student in his/her class? especially in a psych class! that is outrageous and inappropriate. you are right to feel as you do. i hope a time comes when you can express that to the guilty
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Finding self respect by traveler @ Today at 04:40 PM

Magellan - well done, my friend. as one of the members of MS who has been around for awhile - and who remembers you as you were in earlier stages of your journey, i want to say that it is absolutely incredibly fantastic to read this post. man, you h
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Phone Call With Bishop On Monday by traveler @ Today at 04:32 PM

Kevin - Remember, you will have many of us fellow-survivors standing with you and behind you as you speak. the truth needs to be told. you can do it. we are so proud of you for coming so far and for striving to fight for the right. thank you. Lee
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Phone Call With Bishop On Monday by physicsfriend @ Today at 04:24 PM

Wow, I'm so impressed by your courage here. I don't know if I would be able to handle doing something like that, knowing full well that I might be dismissed or not taken seriously. I hope you have some good support systems in place in the event that
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Phone Call With Bishop On Monday by Nothing Man @ Today at 04:12 PM

Kevin, This is a major step forward and you have the right for your truth to be known. The Church needs to take responsibility for its abuser priests and I am glad that finally the diocese is becoming receptive to you and your story. You are very
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Phone Call With Bishop On Monday by KMCINVA @ Today at 03:57 PM

Well it is coming to a head at last. Just received word I will be having a call with the Bishop of the Diocese of Bridgeport on Monday. I have met and spoken the Bishop in the past except Monday we will be talking more specifics of the abuse and the
Gay/Bi/Trans Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Am I bisexual? by Tom E. @ Today at 03:55 PM

I agree-- these feelings or attractions are probably more common than most men, or women are willing to let on. Most of my experiences were male on male, but the few hetero ones I had I enjoyed too.
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: My truth by Tom E. @ Today at 03:45 PM

Right On.. get that stuff out..
Men Abused/Assaulted as Adults
Jump to new posts The world is becoming aware - 1 in 71 men by HowardCosell1990 @ Today at 03:45 PM

As we know from the CDC, 1 in 71 men are raped. The great historian Raymond Douglas of Colgate University in New York wrote a memoir about his rape at age 18, revealing that, indeed, the women's anti-rape movement in the late '60s/early '70s helped c
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Finding self respect by Tom E. @ Today at 03:39 PM

What a revelation this is. I never thought of anger covering up other feelings. I also agree with Ceremony, this is unsettling- how to break through the walls or layers of repression & anger through to fear & trauma.. the source of maladaptiv
Page 1 of 16 1 2 3 15 16 >

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.