Newest Members
Meyekell, Muyoso, kaa, bsm, davkli
13206 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
BeesHive (45), ggirl (32), silent bob (52)
Who's Online
5 registered (KazuKun, thedudeabides, GummyBear, 2 invisible), 24 Guests and 8 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
13,206 Registered Members
75 Forums
68,420 Topics
476,097 Posts

Most users ever online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Checking in On the Abuser by KMCINVA @ 12 minutes 16 seconds ago

I do not know why I keep checking in on the abuser. I know where he lives, I know he is trying to sell the home he lived in before his recent move, I know he has health issues. My sources laugh when I call and I know they will call me when the end
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Lucky 13 Years by focusedbody @ Today at 09:47 PM

Vic: Thank you for your humanity. May the road rise to meet you and the next thirteen be filled with peace and greater wisdom. FB
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: What Did She Say? by zookeeper @ Today at 09:39 PM

DE I do remember that section (reading was always an escape for me). You are dead on. If I could just gain some perspective, but I still seem to be flailing in the dark. But its far to costly to turn back. So on we go! Brian
Family and Friends
Jump to new posts Re: Pain of separation- some beautiful words... by dark empathy @ Today at 09:36 PM

Originally Posted By Healing hope"Sometimes people walk away from love because it is so beautiful that it terrifies them. Sometimes they leave because the connection shines a bright light on their dark places and they are not ready to work the
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Lucky 13 Years by dark empathy @ Today at 09:24 PM

Hi Victor. I'm sorry, i've been unavailable for a while and now that the site is fixed I need to get back into the habbit of checking every day again. Congratulations on the aniversary and the recovery. I'll be hitting my 9th year in a couple of
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Some of my truths... by dark empathy @ Today at 09:19 PM

Hi Rich. I'm really pleased to hear this, since I do remember from our previous correspondance how much you've struggled with several of these problems, eg, loving yourself, relating to other guys etc. I'm pleased you were able to share this, it'
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: What Did She Say? by dark empathy @ Today at 09:15 PM

@Brian, one other thing to remember is that progress is a slippery beast. I'm always reminded of that bit in The Hobbit (the book, it didn't make it into any of the films), when Bilbo and The Dwarves are going through mirkwood and having a generally
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: What Did She Say? by WG @ Today at 08:43 PM

I really like that part that says since we cannot conceive of that kind evil, it makes us a better person. Oh, my gosh, that never occurred to me. We ARE better than they are because we've never done what they've done. Like what zoo said - even when
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Some of my truths... by WG @ Today at 08:36 PM

So very true. It was a very long time before I could accept that others loved me - just for who I am. Sometimes now I will do something just for me - like go to Barnes & Noble, get a stack of favorite-subject books and sit down for a while and en
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Some of my truths... by JW1230 @ Today at 05:31 PM

((((Rich)))) This is exactly where I find myself as well....Yes, it does seem obvious at times; however, I find it the most challenging thing in my life...to love myself. I go through periods where I try really hard to "convince" myself t
Family and Friends
Jump to new posts Re: Pain of separation- some beautiful words... by KMCINVA @ Today at 02:34 PM

HealingHope You spoke of something I talked about in therapy and with doctors. All my life I had difficulty accepting praise and recognition. I also had trouble believing people could like me let alone love me. I talked about this over and over. Cl
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: What Did She Say? by zookeeper @ Today at 02:23 PM

Thank you Michael. I wish I could say that I was making progress in every area. But when the rest of me is falling into 17 broken pieces, I cling to the one thing that Ive got the grasp on, Im not going back. Guys like Luke and you are lifesavers, I
Poetry
Jump to new posts Re: Pretend by Shyshark @ Today at 12:40 PM

Pretending to live ... yes ... I know it well. (((( Ttl ))))
Family and Friends
Jump to new posts Re: Pain of separation- some beautiful words... by HealingHope @ Today at 12:27 PM

Thank you too Sterling. I think my survivor struggles with that too, which is why these words connected with me because they give so much compassion to both parties wrestling with the effects of csa on loving relationships. Take care
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Overwhelmed by Sterling @ Today at 12:27 PM

Good for you GMan , on doing your best and taking charge! YOu are worthy of worryfree time, and a worryfree life! TAke care, welcome here , this is the best place for love and support! James
Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: i love you by Sterling @ Today at 12:21 PM

you can eat sweets. why dould you not want to i die ? you are special goran? do you ahve have any... he doesnt know! he didnt care. That is why i went more anxious mentally at age 2354354398 i s;dfj;ajfa;fjlkd puzzle puzzles puzzles. loe atek
Family and Friends
Jump to new posts Re: Pain of separation- some beautiful words... by Sterling @ Today at 12:19 PM

Thanks HealingHope. I have fear of feeling loved. Thanks to Jeff Brown.
Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: i love you by Sterling @ Today at 11:32 AM

i want to but i dont want to. have sex. i am maria scd t. idont know i cannot read minds. i ju wh what my amy t bin d i dndnt kow who to tall my amy th are tison to me. sugar. is the only wany my they to keep watmy perfect i dont want to have sen
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Overwhelmed by GMan @ Today at 09:28 AM

This makes complete sense WG. You expressed it well. I agree and think even the "revisiting" is a process. We go back again and again, each time it loses its power more and more. We can' t stand up to our perps, but we can stand up to
Family and Friends
Jump to new posts Pain of separation- some beautiful words... by HealingHope @ Today at 08:09 AM

For the lovely ladies & survivors who have given me time and support while I've been so lost, this was posted by a friend of mine, who knows nothing of the journey I've faced to come to terms with my survivor away. I hope it helps those ladies w
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Overwhelmed by WG @ Today at 08:00 AM

GMan - You're most welcome. I have learned in the past few days after speaking with my T- he said this not me - that it isn't necessarily about being 'fixed' so much as bringing what happened out into the light. We know down deep it cannot and will n
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Overwhelmed by GMan @ Today at 06:11 AM

I wanted to follow-up on my post. Yesterday got much better. Knowing I wasn't alone an isolated made a big difference. I know it wasn't the circumstances of my day that were the issue, it was my perception and interpretation, and the meaning I was
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Lucky 13 Years by victor-victim @ Today at 04:41 AM

thank you, to the 9 brothers who bothered to respond. i had hoped for more connection after 13 years. yesterday was the official anniversary date. love and respect to woodenshoes, BDD, traveler, Dan99, zookeeper, manipulated, KMCINVA, WG, and E
Poetry
Jump to new posts Pretend by Tryingtolive @ Today at 03:59 AM

So many times a day I pretend. Making sure people believe I'm doing okay. So many times i pretend. Make sure I show a smile. So many times I pretend. Conversations are boring and meaningless. So many times I pretend. Being in the moment is very tough
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: what was the one charateristic of your abuser. by learning2remember @ Today at 12:48 AM

Humour. He charmed people and made me think my own abuse was a joke, until I described it to therapists decades later and none of them thought it was funny. His "humour" allowed him to say unkind or shocking things and in embarrassment peo
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 9 10 >

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.