Newest Members
jgraham, Eggshells, Mk89, Mishima, B5b5b5
13415 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Bob BlueSky (68), Brant (56), Happenstance (48), jimminy (29), keeper (51), MischievousSpirit (42), skooter27 (33), vbalfour (63), whancrar (51)
Who's Online
3 registered (Max1969, greenwizard, betrayed boy), 59 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
13,415 Registered Members
75 Forums
69,492 Topics
484,671 Posts

Most users ever online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Poetry
Jump to new posts To Be or Not To Be Rageful by Ceremony @ 15 minutes 17 seconds ago

To Be or Not To Be Rageful When I hide in my depth There in the dark, my boy sits He's back in the locker forts of old closing the door, being alone Maybe noone notices he's gone Maybe noone will add to the pain He can be dark, sit dark, and r
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: EFT Therapy by Ceremony @ 32 minutes 18 seconds ago

Originally Posted By focusedbody One thing that has happened to me as I separate "emotions from the acts", is feeling dizzy. For me it helps at that moment to sit and simply breathe gently until I feel better and the mind and body seem to
Family and Friends
Jump to new posts Re: Being, and family, and beer by WG @ 58 minutes 48 seconds ago

Amen and amen! I have learned over time, that it's OK to allow myself some 'fun'. I am normally up each morning before dawn. Habit from childhood - I would awaken and go either outside or just go into the living room and just be alone and quiet. I'v
Male Survivors
JScott12 - To answer you - it wasn't right away that I discovered the first 2 weren't a good fit. It took about 3 sessions with each one at (2 completely different people and 2 completely different parts of town). So, not straight away, but in those
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: EFT Therapy by focusedbody @ Today at 07:55 AM

Kevin: One thing that has happened to me as I separate "emotions from the acts", is feeling dizzy. For me it helps at that moment to sit and simply breathe gently until I feel better and the mind and body seem to calm themselves. From th
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: thinking about going back into counselling.. by JScott12 @ Today at 07:36 AM

Dac,Shyshark, Dark empathy and WG. Please accept my apologies for only responding now, I have been away from home the past few days. There is nuggets of gold in all your responses which have given me alot of insight and reinforced some of my own thou
Family and Friends
Jump to new posts Re: Being, and family, and beer by HealingHope @ Today at 05:37 AM

Connecting with things that make you happy, no matter how small can bring peace. Sounds obvious but its not always easy to make oneself 'do' something. The ocean, trees and cooking always raise my frequency. Losing myself in the energy of the sound o
Family and Friends
Jump to new posts Re: An end without an ending... by HealingHope @ Today at 05:25 AM

"talking" here has really helped, and yes I needed the meltdown to release and clear the heartache. It just kills when you're in it. I'm ok, feeling calmer. I have self care in place too. Thank you WG, your words describing moments coincidi
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: I love MS by Shyshark @ Yesterday at 11:31 PM

I hesitate to assume to speak for MS or the fellowship here ... so I'll make this personal. I hear you dac ... and I am very very happy to have you here. I see that you've been giving as much as you've been taking ... and that is in the spirit of w
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts I love MS by dac @ Yesterday at 11:07 PM

Just want to say, as a person who only recently joined this community, that I am so appreciative and deeply thankful that you are here. I felt an instant recognition and brotherhood, unquestioning acceptance, and that is a treasure beyond compare. I
Family and Friends
Jump to new posts Re: Being, and family, and beer by dac @ Yesterday at 07:52 PM

Ceremony, I too like music festivals, camping, fishing, being in nature, art museums, and record stores. I live in a state and a city that has much natural beauty. This weekend I am going to the coast. My normally scheduled therapy appointment has b
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Opinion, feedback and just intent by BDD @ Yesterday at 07:32 PM

Originally Posted By ShysharkI am who I am ... not what was done to me. beautiful
Humor
Jump to new posts Re: Some Stupid Jokes by Bluedogone @ Yesterday at 06:34 PM

Weird? Weird you say? I even get the last one. There's Colossus of Rhodes - Great Pyramid of Giza - Hanging Gardens of Babylon, etc. Instead of the seven wonders of the world, there's an eighth Stevie Wonder.
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: CT scan by Bluedogone @ Yesterday at 06:28 PM

Hi {{{bluesky}}} I wish this could be more than a virtual hug. I so identify with you on this. Being allergic to the CT dye was just something else to add to the anxiety over the test, and waiting for the results. When I recall the scan, being a
Sexual Identity Issues
Jump to new posts Re: My (bi)sexual identity by BDD @ Yesterday at 06:23 PM

It makes complete sense. From what I've gleamed in you short time here on MS you are all of those things!
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Opinion, feedback and just intent by Shyshark @ Yesterday at 06:06 PM

I am who I am ... not what was done to me.
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Opinion, feedback and just intent by dac @ Yesterday at 05:58 PM

I think that is a great idea, Brian. "Being raped didn't make me who I am. What I've done because I was raped, made me" I really like this sentiment too.
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Opinion, feedback and just intent by BDD @ Yesterday at 05:49 PM

I had a great session with my T. We talked about what I want from friends with this project. I kept coming back to not wanting to do it alone. Then we talked about the nature of the anniversary itself. It's always been a dark day. He suggested a cele
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Eulogy for My Molester by Nothing Man @ Yesterday at 05:41 PM

Eirik, as usual I am moved by your words and your honesty. In this eulogy you show more insight and wisdom than most people can exhibit over a lifetime. I hope that your journey to find peace is successful. Mike
Sexual Identity Issues
Jump to new posts Re: My (bi)sexual identity by dac @ Yesterday at 05:31 PM

Thank you, Brian. I am trying to work on myself! At the moment the most important thing for me really isn't whether I am straight, or bi, or gay, but whether or not I feel I am an intrinsically worthwhile, good, valuable, and treasured, no matter my
Sexual Identity Issues
Jump to new posts Re: My (bi)sexual identity by BDD @ Yesterday at 05:21 PM

dac, Thank you for bringing this up. I am OK with being gay. But I know how powerful abuse can affect sexuality. For me it took my innocent (and super mushy romantic!) notions and turned them into gross grinding desires. This whole oppressive outer
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: I have to go to a wedding next month. Advice? by JohnnyC @ Yesterday at 04:31 PM

So I reached out to my cousin in Europe. I was cryptic and said, in part, "I no longer have a relationship with my brother and we would prefer to be seated far away from him at wedding events. It's complicated." My cousin was, of course, c
Sexual Identity Issues
Jump to new posts Re: My (bi)sexual identity by dac @ Yesterday at 04:10 PM

Thank you for your thoughtful comments, Chris4theMill. I understand what you are saying. For the record, even though I consider myself bisexual, I do not have sex with men, and have not for decades. But I still accept it as part of my identity howeve
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: CT scan by Can_I_Do_This @ Yesterday at 04:07 PM

Wishing you the best bluesky, have an enjoyable weekend. Treat yourself gently and with utmost care.
Poetry
Jump to new posts Re: Finding my 12 year old! by traveler @ Yesterday at 03:16 PM

Originally Posted By Ceremony I let him go, lost his need, and he kept banging the seat like a kid right behind me. Wake up! I mind-storm him down, but, HE'S: I'm here, you're going to know what I had to deal with, what I have to remember! They're
Page 1 of 17 1 2 3 16 17 >

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.