Newest Members
Mark005, spartan2123, 4n0n, brad1928, Hopefulforpeace
13353 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Bmurray (64), hancocksby (34), hankler (76), jimrh (57), MellowJoe (52), owlhead (49), Texas_Mike (64), tom baron (62)
Who's Online
2 registered (Shyshark, Older1), 63 Guests and 7 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
13,353 Registered Members
76 Forums
69,229 Topics
482,110 Posts

Most users ever online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Bey by Older1 @ 15 minutes 59 seconds ago

Ouch !!! I had hoped to chat more with him; he is missed. It hurts. Despite his suffering, he gave and taught us lots !!!
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Rambling may have triggers by bluesky @ 32 minutes 25 seconds ago

Tyler know that you did nothing wrong you are not at fault or stupid. You are In the midst of the abuse. Going away for a while doesn't change the way a victims mind works. I'm 47 and and for years I alowed a person to grope me in my congragation and
Family and Friends
Jump to new posts Re: How much should CSA effects dictate actions? by WontGiveUp @ 46 minutes 16 seconds ago

Nope - I think you have nailed it HH. Our counselor warned that if he didnt work on some of this, with the dissacociating issues that it was a possibility that he could end up fragmented. maybe that is the case that he isnt able to connect the two
Family and Friends
Jump to new posts Re: My Partner (spouse) by WontGiveUp @ Today at 12:24 PM

Luke - you and your amazing lady are such an inspiration to me. I always envision you two as a charming prince and princess. I know its silly right? :-D But seriously - watching you overcome what you have, and finding her, and watching your journe
Family and Friends
Jump to new posts Re: Can love be healed?*Triggers* by WontGiveUp @ Today at 11:59 AM

I would love to know more about this too - thank you for asking this question! It would be so helpful to know also what we as partners can do to help in this process (or NOT do :-) )....
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Mindfulness and Dissociation by KMCINVA @ Today at 08:25 AM

Mindfulness came in handy last night. Tough night and no sleep. I was at a friends house for dinner. Home early around 11. Thought I would try to sleep. I fell into a deep sleep until around 1 and I woke up with chills and feeling him. It put me into
Poetry
Jump to new posts Re: The heavy gravitational pull of feeling by BDD @ Today at 06:45 AM

Beautiful.
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Dissociation and Depression by focusedbody @ Yesterday at 10:12 PM

Kevin: It makes sense that we might run from the pain of one to the pain of another, as described here. But if it is the pain that is in both, I wonder if what is needed is to simply accept that pain, not to try and run it over with action. In the
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: I am surprised by greenwizard @ Yesterday at 09:16 PM

The bad stuff is so much easier to believe. I've got no problem agreeing that my mental illness and the problems it causes are a pain. But the good stuff, it blows me away and I still can't help but think people are just being nice. People are bei
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: I never thought I'd... by bluesky @ Yesterday at 08:47 PM

😊👍👍👍
Sexual Identity Issues
Jump to new posts Re: ***TRIGGERS***So here I am by grayONE @ Yesterday at 07:14 PM

I am slowly managing this fear!
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: what has the abuse cost you? by zip14 @ Yesterday at 07:13 PM

I didn't really know who I was for 43 years. The lack of trust makes you guarded and hurts when you can't give all that you could to personal and business relationships. I held a lot of hate and intolerance in my heart for many years. None of the i
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Trigger Warning-What's Next by Ceremony @ Yesterday at 07:12 PM

zookeeper and others, That childhood abuse, repeated is very sad. Though most are now safe from that, I've learned that reactions often become automatic afterward. The sense of shame about having done anything wrong, that something new might be done
Off Topic
Jump to new posts Had a post moved but can't find it? by justsomeguy @ Yesterday at 04:06 PM

I made a post a few days ago in the Male Survivor forum, and it appears it was moved, but when I click the link it says I don't have permission to open it. Does that mean it was removed? I didn't mean to break any forum rules if that's what happened
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: sense memory? by JScott12 @ Yesterday at 03:38 PM

I get these short sharp pains from time to time. They don't flash up any memorys but they are very sore and uncomfortable. I call them 'thunderbolts'. Its like a shooting pain through the rear end and sometimes through to my penis. I feel like a tota
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: What was the age difference? by PhilUK @ Yesterday at 10:52 AM

I was 4 when it started, he was around 42 I think. Some of the others he got involved were older than him
Family and Friends
Jump to new posts Re: Quoting Kevin's friend, relating to my family by KMCINVA @ Yesterday at 09:55 AM

Ceremony I hope you are doing better and your visit to the cardiologist goes well and issues are slight. I want to thank you for finding the words of my friend to be helpful to you. She is wise and has worked and seen trauma beyond what I can on
Family and Friends
Jump to new posts Re: Cool ... I think by WontGiveUp @ 03/24/17 05:57 PM

I second James :-) I am so happy to read this Bowie!!! What a lovely experience. I can honestly say too, that sleep is so critical to EVERYTHING... with out it, things that would never be a problem can be monsterous. I have chronic sleep issues,
Books, Music & Films for Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: music pic by Tom E. @ 03/24/17 04:35 PM

Thank you Ceremony-- certain pictures of Ian are so haunting, hard to look at:sometimes he looks down, withdrawn, frightened, that deer in the headlights look, anxious, fatigued. However I've read that no one realized the depth of his despair until i
Family and Friends
Jump to new posts Re: Where do I go from here by WontGiveUp @ 03/24/17 03:36 PM

(((HH))) I really really empathize with you right now. I get where you are coming from. I just hope that you are able to let go and find joy and happiness in your life. If he wants to recover, he will. If he wants to make things work with you, h

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.