Newest Members
RickyEurope, Tellurye, Jessemccoll, Jluke1s, NobodyCT
13268 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
DanielB (41), forth (55), KazuKun (38), Marinan (33), overcomer4life (44), wonderifandwhen (57)
Who's Online
3 registered (Ceremony, 2 invisible), 32 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
13,268 Registered Members
75 Forums
68,777 Topics
478,691 Posts

Most users ever online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Poetry
Jump to new posts Re: Darkness of Dusk by Ceremony @ 22 minutes 52 seconds ago

Perchance to meet, Ponder those already, Hearts closeness, Take time to look. A heart of darkness, Truth be well known, Seek, a lightness, Perchance to own. There, in that light Whom does aura reveal, Which hue, rose to embue, An embrace accepta
Sexual Identity Issues
Jump to new posts Re: Sexually acting out ? by Chase Eric @ 53 minutes 5 seconds ago

Quote:I wish at times, I want a re-o, just to find the answers that appears so many have clearly figured out who they are sexually. What I wouldn’t give for that peace of mind. Be careful. One can waste a lifetime wishing for impossible things. T
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Is it ok if I don't identify as a Survivor by unhappycamper @ Today at 10:42 AM

To me, the label "survivor" means only that we're still alive after bad experiences. It does not supplant the label "victim." Alive is good, I guess, because it means that improvement is still possible. But the label "survivo
Poetry
Jump to new posts Re: Blank by Ceremony @ Today at 10:04 AM

Yesterday, somewhere, I read that visiting a museum is an excellent distraction. Especially if I've time to spend a few hours. And I love art museums. I like to bring a notebook and draw, write poetry, or journal.
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Stupid idea by Ceremony @ Today at 09:58 AM

Safe place? Good videos? A carpet wall? Paper and coloring? Gotta prepare. Be well.
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: responding to anger by DannyT @ Yesterday at 08:27 PM

Hi Guys, This process just gets cooler and cooler. I'm feeling very grateful right now for the work problem that was such a monster in the beginning. I feel like I've had a really deep and thorough tour of all the angers and bitternesses of my life.
Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Happy birthday by blacken @ Yesterday at 06:42 PM

Thank you very much for the well wishes
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: I think I've finally found emotional stability by Bluedogone @ Yesterday at 05:21 PM

Excellent !! Good for you. I agree, give yourself credit for this progress. DannyT will be glad to hear of your success with the "Nonviolent Communication" book. He has had some outstanding results from putting these thoughts into real ti
Sexual Identity Issues
Jump to new posts Re: Masturbation and sexuality from 5 to 18 <Trigger> by Stehewy @ Yesterday at 04:12 PM

Hello Winston, could there be other reasons besides rape or abuse for the dysfunctional sexuality? What makes you so sure? Greetings
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Haunting by Ceremony @ Yesterday at 04:10 PM

I had/infrequently have a dream where I fall into hole, in the sidewalk in front if the house I'm supposedly living in. I don't fall in deep, my arms catch me at the top. But, hands grip my legs and the struggle begins... That is my oldest dream, it
Introductions
Jump to new posts Re: Hello - I am confused by Stehewy @ Yesterday at 04:03 PM

Hello I think I have introjects. My math-teacher and my father had a dysfunctional sexuality and that made my sexuality also dysfunctional. It seems that there are two separate ways. Either one distance themselves from sex or they get addicted to it
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Whole again chapter 1 by Ceremony @ Yesterday at 03:56 PM

I know you wrote this on WordPress, but I've not looked for it yet. Could you state the time line? How old were you, sitting in the cemetery? One thing for you... Consider reading and sharing life here on MS. There's a lot to discover. I follow
Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: A Sad Story of Bullying by Ceremony @ Yesterday at 12:54 PM

I told my T, and stated here once, that if this internet and text we're added to my bullying experience, I might not be here. Bullies destroy! They murder a life while trying to live! Their actions are as horrific as being brutally raped, molested,
Family and Friends
Jump to new posts Re: How not to get angry ... by HealingHope @ Yesterday at 12:42 PM

Just re re-read this :" I can let him know when he is about to hit a slippery spot since my perspective of the climb is the opposite of his. The light from above shines down and I can see the way clearly, but he is blinded by the light and the p
Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Naomi Judd Informative Interview Survivor of CSA by Ceremony @ Yesterday at 12:33 PM

I see how I don't have means to talk genuinely about my pain, fears, rage, etc... To family, nor it seems others. Though here, it seems a reachable state. Writing, sharing my reality with brothers who have no problem knowing this stuff. Sad as that i
Poetry
Jump to new posts Re: Feel my pain by Ceremony @ Yesterday at 12:22 PM

I just wrote to Kevin. In that post, I mention how this poem, and all yours, are like looking in a mirror. I wrote to Kevin that writing connects me, I think the same of your writing, a connection to knowing where you're at, and how you're overwrough
Poetry
Jump to new posts Re: A Child's Troubled Life by Ceremony @ Yesterday at 12:10 PM

This is cathartic to any, knowing the work, knowing this, getting this... The tears are the point for me. This whole process, the hours you thought, genuine expression, fraught in the times, fuse the story with compassion. Compassion for you, the ot
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: disturbing doctors follow up visit by George @ Yesterday at 09:39 AM

Originally Posted By iaccusI just got home from my first therapy visit since all this happened. much to my surprise, my therapist showed a great deal of compassion. as I sat with her she used her computer to edit the information that other doctors s
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: The alien world of the extraverts by George @ Yesterday at 08:20 AM

I have had as one of my long standing phrases that I mutter so many times, "I hate people"... I too am an introvert due to being put thru the meat grinder that was my childhood. I've been hiding in plain sight since I was 5-6 years old. I
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Life seems to have been a waste of time by tbkkfile @ Yesterday at 12:21 AM

To all you guys, thank you so much for your replies, it's this when I hit the bottom that stops me sinking completely. Your nuggets of understanding let me see things that I cannot see myself. How do you combat the apathy that this brings, I have n
Family and Friends
Jump to new posts Re: Pushes me away? by WontGiveUp @ 12/08/16 04:33 PM

Victor-Victim, I know this is a rather old post, but I was wondering ... your words truly inspire me here. Not just as encouragement for my husband, but for my self as well - I feel like there are many things I can do, things that should change to m
Family and Friends
Jump to new posts Just because its true... by WontGiveUp @ 12/08/16 01:45 PM

I posted this a few years ago on my Facebook feed - before I knew anything about my husband's CSA, or anything about CSA in general, and it was in my memories this morning. I find it deeply appropriate for everyone here. "Love anything and y
Family and Friends
Jump to new posts Re: The thing I can't forgive by WontGiveUp @ 12/08/16 12:57 PM

Kevin - I think you hit the nail on the head. I think so much fear and anger stems from guilt and shame (be it rightfully owned or not) for everyone - not just survivors. I struggle with this too. When you are living in fear, guilt and shame - its

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.