Newest Members
tom93, ninjei, JollyRoger, AnonymousJerry, Golden_Phoenix
13510 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
BigJo (73), MaxEnnis (2017), PS (42), Squirmish20 (37), Sulfuric Acid (32), Tucker (39)
Who's Online
4 registered (Esterio, Chris4TheMill, Donald177, 1 invisible), 47 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
13,510 Registered Members
75 Forums
70,163 Topics
489,861 Posts

Most users ever online: 418 @ 07/02/12 11:29 AM
Twitter
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: "Me, too" thing on social media by Chris4TheMill @ 55 seconds ago

If the "me too" campaign was started in response to Harvey Weinstein, then it might be so emotionally charged that some women will not take kindly to men getting involved. Otherwise, generally, challenging that worldview of "men are a
Introductions
Jump to new posts Re: Finally by Esterio @ 7 minutes 40 seconds ago

Hi there Cave Dweller Welcome. Sorry for the trauma that brought you here. I am glad you have joined us. I am really new here also. I am starting to get more comfortable here to more guys I meet. Nice to meet you look forward to some conversation
Introductions
Jump to new posts Re: HI I think it is time to introduce myself by Esterio @ Today at 04:37 PM

Thanks mani Thanks for the welcome. It is always nice to see that you are online also. I value your input. I am hoping for a better life one free from trauma. Have a good day see you around. Peace be safe
Discussion Board Questions
Jump to new posts Re: Buddies and Profile Pictures by LoneWolfX @ Today at 03:24 PM

But remember most here are only victims - they have nothing to be ashamed of. I am also a perp.
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Harsh reality - my acting out by LoneWolfX @ Today at 03:22 PM

Last time I saw my therapist I asked her what the effects of my "acting out" would have had on the child. (Please see my story if you want details) What she said upset me. I think, as usual, I have suppressed the feeling. Her answer was &q
Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: i dont love you. by manipulated @ Today at 03:02 PM

Sterling I hope you run from those who torment or tormented, from those who hurt instead of helped, from those who laughed instead of comforted and protected. But I also hope you don't run from your friends here. We care. We understand. and yes as
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Double Standards (Possible Trigger Warning) by Chris4TheMill @ Today at 02:46 PM

There was time when I would have considered women grabbing me a sign of approval and acceptance. Now, it is just a big red flag and a severe boundary violation. Sadly, this type of thing is one of many double standards that men are subjected to.
Male Survivors
Hi diamondheart, great moniker btw, brilliant. I'm sorry yesterday's national trauma share triggered additional pain. Many are more aware of male's trauma as time goes by. It's painfully slow to be seeing all the services we're not automatically cons
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Trying to feel empowered by Ceremony @ Today at 01:21 PM

I too know your struggles, and the depth of emotions that are stirred. I know concern, empathy and care in these words you receive feel detached by this screen, but the human man on the other end is very real. This is an amazing connection to have, I
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: #metoo by zip14 @ Today at 12:37 PM

#mentoo feels more appropriate to me.
Sexual Identity Issues
Jump to new posts Re: 15 different reasons men have sex with men by KMCINVA @ Today at 12:31 PM

Very interesting article. It looks as though the medical arena is finally beginning to get their arms around sexuality as well as the impacts of trauma on behavior which is not always orientation. The mind is a complex organ so easily influenced and
Introductions
Welcome Growingpains!! I hope you find the site helpful. Remember we all heal differently and at different paces. Share when you are comfortable. Heal well Kevin
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Gay Men by diamondheart @ Today at 08:08 AM

When I see someone talk about abuse by a man as shameful and wrong I'm able to separate the shame from the act versus them meaning it towards sexual orientation. I will say that in the past I have felt most comfortable posting in the Gay/Bi/Tran se
Poetry
Jump to new posts "I remember" **** superTriggers**** by usmc97 @ Today at 06:08 AM

Part I I remember the monster a voice that made me tremble hands that hit me screams from my mom begging, confusion, Tabasco in my cup just to hear me cry I was only 2 or 3 I remember the bruises on my body the way my head bounced off t
Gay/Bi/Trans Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: *trigger* Casual sex and incest by onlyakid @ Today at 04:14 AM

Despite the abuse we are close. Closer than even me and my parents) My shrink once said that I can love him as a brother but hate what he did to me. Not that it is an excuse but I have my suspicions that he was abused too. So I do forgive him for wh
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Caretaking & Feeling Insecure by Chris4TheMill @ Yesterday at 08:54 PM

Thanks a lot guys, Some more about that statement "All it takes is one more - even something small and the whole thing collapses." I saw a neurologist last week who did some neuro and memory testing on me, and I asked him about this phe
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: teasing by KMCINVA @ Yesterday at 07:48 PM

Lee I think you hit it on the head, the teasing is not mean spirited. I think this is a fine line and repetitive teasing can become hurtful to many. Laughing at oneself is important so as not to take ourselves too seriously. I believe everyone rea
Health and Wellbeing
Jump to new posts Re: EMDR and me by Ceremony @ Yesterday at 05:52 PM

Today, I work late, and had a chance to participate in #MeToo. It's made me cry a number of times. During it, I found a movie on YouTube and it too is making me cry. It's called "Delivery Man": I don't have a true connection to my
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Visiting your Inner Child by AuthenticMe @ Yesterday at 02:39 PM

One of my most powerful healing tools involved sending love and positive thoughts to a picture of myself around the time the abuse happened. This practice was suggested to me in the context of spirituality, not healing from CSA, so it wasn't attached
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Is ok to cry?? by LinEar @ Yesterday at 02:07 PM

I have a hard time with this. I had the "I will give you something to cry about" as well as "If you don't tell me why you're crying, I'll take you to someone who'll make you tell me!" i.e. a therapist. Is it any wonder it took me
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Behaving around children by Greg56 @ Yesterday at 01:27 PM

"Lone Wolf"...I started feeling that same way, when this subject started "hitting" the news. I still feel that same way. Although it's really difficult to not wave back or say hi to a smiling child. Most of the time I ignore th
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: want to write this down by KMCINVA @ Yesterday at 11:46 AM

Iaccus What you wrote makes sense and I have been told is part of the healing process. Pieces here, pieces there but I cannot bring them together to make sense. I have been told it is the process of unraveling how we think of ourselves, the abuse
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Being Naked - Trigger Warning! by dark empathy @ Yesterday at 11:31 AM

Depending upon how one defines virgin, I was still one at 33 as well and thought I'd pretty much continue to be one. I was extremely genophobic (afraid of s/x and anything to do with it), found dirty jokes or s/xual humour very triggering, hating the
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Having a rough time. by Bluedogone @ Yesterday at 08:38 AM

Hi Tyler, I’m really sorry to read that you’re having a tough time of it right now. Everyone has the good and bad, but it seems you’ve had more than your share of the bad. (((((Tyler))))) Although there are others, Halloween has never been a
Books, Music & Films for Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: This song really resonates with us. Link to vid by Chris4TheMill @ Yesterday at 03:17 AM

I've always really liked that song alot. One day maybe 10 years ago, I was walking past Bryant Park on my way to work, and Train was there playing that song live. It sounded just as good as it did on the recording.

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.