Newest Members
jgraham, Eggshells, Mk89, Mishima, B5b5b5
13415 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Bigmike (44), gandhi (51), JustWanttotalk (39), lakeguy (59)
Who's Online
1 registered (1 invisible), 63 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
13,415 Registered Members
75 Forums
69,491 Topics
484,663 Posts

Most users ever online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Possible to build a "psychological firewall"? by Can_I_Do_This @ Yesterday at 11:22 AM

Hi Daniel, A trick that's helped me achieve certain things -- like not smoking, not over-eating, anything really -- is a concept called CORE. It stands for commit, objectify, respond and enjoy. Here's how it works. You're upset and you want to bing
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Possible to build a "psychological firewall"? by Ceremony @ Yesterday at 11:22 AM

Great Expectations comes to mind. In me, your post shows you use the firewall, which is a thing for millions of us, and for me, mind storms of epic thinking levels have been shown to interfere my expectations. My new T, fitting me like a glove, is
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Possible to build a "psychological firewall"? by DanielQ432 @ Yesterday at 10:57 AM

I am still in this very shitty, up and down place. Today is again therapy, and I always try to think about what important has happened, what topics and concepts I feel I need to discuss or work on, and what questions or concerns or issues I want him
Introductions
Jump to new posts Re: Hi guys - I'm the dirty little hero by JohnnyC @ Yesterday at 09:59 AM

I read this and cried for the first time in months. I long to be able to walk next to my 12-year-old self, both of us smiling.
U.S. & World News
Jump to new posts Re: Pissed off by Ceremony @ Yesterday at 09:51 AM

Hello bluesky, All too often the justice system, and systems set up to help victims either find laws tie their hands, or the judge and/or juries mete out indefensible leniency. In many cases it's the laws. They're made either long ago, or they're dim
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Eulogy for My Molester by JohnnyC @ Yesterday at 09:22 AM

Chase Eric: This is one of the most honest and beautiful things I have ever read. I admire you for your ability to avoid the consuming roads of anger, vengeance and hatred. So much was stolen from us. We will never know how much. As you stated, th
Survivors of Female Abuse
Jump to new posts Re: Images in head? by anonDK @ Yesterday at 09:13 AM

That is my experience as well. All this has been so suppressed. But certain events reminding me of the situation itself triggered anger in me, but I didn't have a clue why. Now more details have sort of emerged & some of the more vague triggers
Spirituality and Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Bible Study (notes) by WG @ Yesterday at 09:13 AM

So very true - we can do the 'peaceable thing' and others see it as weakness when it can be just the opposite. I'm normally a pretty just-average-walkin'-along-guy'. There are times, however, when I have had to let others feel the weight of who I am.
Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: not such a good day by WG @ Yesterday at 09:06 AM

Sometimes words fail us at times like these. Please know that many of us understand and sympathize. Be sure you take some time for yourself to process and say good-bye. Like sorryson said - 'Think of the good memories' - it's what I do and it's good
Jump to new posts Re: Images in head? by LinEar @ Yesterday at 08:31 AM

Definitely normal. I think allowing them to "just be" is the right thing to do. Before I became fully aware, or "remembered" my abuse, I'd get a fragmented flash of his face very infrequently -- maybe every 2-3 years or so. I'd s
U.S. & World News
Jump to new posts Re: Pissed off by bluesky @ Yesterday at 08:29 AM

The reality is that society's views sex with kids as no big deal. Look at the "Great" Woody Allen and Michael Jackson two molesters that never even had a trial. Not only that the are loved and there art is worshipped. To me it is the rot
U.S. & World News
Jump to new posts Re: Pissed off by George @ Yesterday at 07:46 AM

Oh Man, I heard that result and just figured something big must've came to light to exonerate the guy... "The result??? The jury found him not guilty. In the words of the jury foreman, he said he couldn't convict the man because "we had h
U.S. & World News
Jump to new posts Passing of, Roger Moore @ 89 & fellow CSA Survivor by George @ Yesterday at 07:36 AM

I loved this guy, I thought he was epitome of Cool as 007 in the Bond films. I was shocked in reading this story that he was a CSA survivor. From the Brietbart News Network; The British actor died Tuesday after a short battle with cancer, accord
Jump to new posts Images in head? by anonDK @ Yesterday at 06:35 AM

I have a pretty vivid inner world. That's just who I am. I want to know if it's normal (like a normal reaction), when working on integrating traumatic event, to experience vague, fragmented images in head, that changes rapidly, dissolves, turn into s
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Healing Circle - Cancelled Sunday May 28, 2017 by Anomalous @ Yesterday at 05:42 AM

Hi Guys, The Healing Circle is cancelled for Sunday, May 28, 2017. Anomalous
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Eulogy for My Molester by Can_I_Do_This @ Yesterday at 02:40 AM

Originally Posted By Chase Ericthe thought I might fall back into this pattern was not even on my radar until today. When we've suffered core injuries as we have it's typical to "fall into" old self-protective behaviors during times of str
Yale Research Project
Jump to new posts Re: Seventh Discussion Question: Applying research by SubtleStuff @ 05/24/17 11:58 PM

Yes, Hani Miletski's book (Mother-son Incest: The Unthinkable Broken Taboo) is strongly slanted towards research results. It was very helpful to my seeing that what happened to me was real and hurtful. I've also used research results to prepare to p
Yale Research Project
Jump to new posts Re: Sixth Discussion Board Question: Dissemination by SubtleStuff @ 05/24/17 11:46 PM

Via MaleSurvivor Newsletter and communications to local and national support organizations.
Yale Research Project
Jump to new posts Re: Fifth Discussion Board Question: Facilitators by SubtleStuff @ 05/24/17 11:44 PM

Knowing about its existence.
Page 5 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.