Newest Members
fox, Unbreakable92, jewelgirl50, SadButSoTrue, Mark Onderweg
13431 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Boboy (39), MrEdd (55)
Who's Online
4 registered (Ceremony, betrayed boy, DanielQ432, 1 invisible), 71 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
13,431 Registered Members
75 Forums
69,666 Topics
486,218 Posts

Most users ever online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Pride. TRIGGER WARNING. by Can_I_Do_This @ Yesterday at 11:57 AM

Daniel, if you do "go down" it will in no way, shape or form "help" anyone here in our platoon. In fact it will devastate us. We all know how fucking hard this is and we'll be left with nothing to say other than, "Well, we lo
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Pride. TRIGGER WARNING. by oic @ Yesterday at 11:42 AM

"A life otherwise worthless".... ir·ra·tion·al [i(r)ˈraSH(ə)nəl] ADJECTIVE not logical or reasonable. synonyms: unreasonable · illogical · groundless · baseless · unfounded · unjustifiable · absurd · ridiculous · ludicrous ·
Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: i love you by Ceremony @ Yesterday at 11:39 AM

That "Candy" upload seemed to be specific for outside the U.S. and wouldn't load for me. I did find this live version I just adore. I hope you enjoy it too? "I Want Candy"
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Admitting to myself by Can_I_Do_This @ Yesterday at 11:39 AM

Hi Bryce, Just another man here chiming in to say CONGRATULATIONS for what you're doing by coming here and sharing your story. It takes a huge amount of courage just to *think* about what happened to us, let alone come here and *write* about it. Big
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Pride. TRIGGER WARNING. by DanielQ432 @ Yesterday at 11:19 AM

Originally Posted By oic(((((DanielQ432))))) Fight brother fight! .... Doing the time of an indefinite sentence. .... The thing is, if I do go down, I want to go down in some way that helps the rest of the men in my platoon survive - I want to
Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: i love you by Sterling @ Yesterday at 11:16 AM

"hury. bozna hits me. she always hit me. why do I hurry ? I need my dad. I have to have sex right wawayw. he is here I nme. he is right here. what if I lose this ? what if I ask for too much? what if ai am gay. but I what if I get slapped for
Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: The Recipe Book by greenwizard @ Yesterday at 11:04 AM

Orange Chicken Marinade 1 1/4c pulp free orange juice 1/4c soy sauce 1tbsp ginger 1 1/2tsp garlic powder 2tbsp siracha sauce (optional) 1tbsp rice vinegar 1tbsp brown sugar 2tsp grated orange zest 1/4tsp white pepper Mix marinade. Pour into ziploc
Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: i love you by Sterling @ Yesterday at 11:01 AM

I love you Rick! you good guy you.
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Pride. TRIGGER WARNING. by oic @ Yesterday at 10:01 AM

(((((DanielQ432))))) Fight brother fight! de•spond·ent [dəˈspändənt] ADJECTIVE in low spirits from loss of hope or courage. synonyms: disheartened · discouraged · dispirited · downhearted · downcast · crestfallen · down · low · disc
Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Dental work by TW16 @ Yesterday at 08:53 AM

Correct. My surgery will be done on a Monday. TW16
Family and Friends
Jump to new posts Re: When/how do survivors know that they can heal? by HealingHope @ Yesterday at 08:35 AM

Yes, md4e, the second guessing and trying to piece together what's not being said, questioning if we did something wrong, is this my fault. In my case the not knowing if it was my fault he left. It's hard.
Family and Friends
Jump to new posts Re: When/how do survivors know that they can heal? by md4e @ Yesterday at 08:23 AM

A quick note on the "weaker" party, I know that my spouse loves and appreciates my strength but at the same time it is a trigger for him because I am then also an authority figure. This is the delicate dance that I have mastered. To continu
Family and Friends
Jump to new posts Re: Emotional empathy versus compassion empathy by HealingHope @ Yesterday at 08:07 AM

I agree, Luke. I think the compassionate empathy discussed in the video isn't true empathy in my experience, because it's seemily switching off 'feeling. The key to empathy is seeing and feeling things through the eyes of the other person, not your o
Family and Friends
Jump to new posts Re: Emotional empathy versus compassion empathy by dark empathy @ Yesterday at 07:28 AM

It is true that for health professionals there is a need to keep some emotional distance between yourself and interactions with clients, heck, sometimes when i read stories on this board I find a need to do that myself. But I am not sure if that is
Family and Friends
Jump to new posts Re: I want to help my son. by dark empathy @ Yesterday at 07:19 AM

Hi Jewel girl. One thing I have realized which is slightly a paradox, is that it is easier for me (and likely you are the same), to deal with others issues than my own. The paradox however is that if one concentrates etirely on dealing with anothe
Family and Friends
Jump to new posts Re: When/how do survivors know that they can heal? by dark empathy @ Yesterday at 07:05 AM

Hi E. When your husband says that dealing with the abuse sets him right back to the same moment in his memory, it wouldn't surprise me if he was telling the literal truth on that one. Living with the affects of sa is often like living with a tape
Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Dental work by Ceremony @ Yesterday at 01:58 AM

I didn't, but I don't know if techniques have changed since 1980ish? My suggestion is it's not possible to recover 75% of full speaking ability in what is actually only one full day of recovering. Unless I misunderstand, you'll have the surgery on th
Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Dental work by TW16 @ Yesterday at 01:50 AM

I just found out I have to have my surgery postponed, which is a problem because right now I currently have Wednesdays off of work, and so I would have Monday through Wednesday to recover since I can only take two days off. If the surgery gets postp
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Pride. TRIGGER WARNING. by DanielQ432 @ Yesterday at 01:45 AM

Early morning, April 4 A shot rings out in the Memphis sky Free at Last, they took your life They could not take your Pride - U2 My situation is the opposite. They spared my life but took my pride, shredded my dignity and denied my sense of humanit
Books, Music & Films for Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Music influnces, songs and talk. by Ceremony @ Yesterday at 01:45 AM

Cocteau Twins gets a Twofer tonight, or this morning as it is. I listened to this song in late 1989 and into 1990 a lot. It's part of Blue Bell Knoll and the song is: "Carolyn's Fingers" Again, this was a band that helped me get through
Jump to new posts Re: Music influnces, songs and talk. by Ceremony @ Yesterday at 01:36 AM

I made it through 1990 because of the Cocteau Twins. There was so much to be done and I had lost so much, but gained some little. I don't talk about this year very much. It's a very complicated year. Maybe I settled down just a little this year, and
Jump to new posts Re: Music influnces, songs and talk. by Ceremony @ Yesterday at 01:24 AM

Quote: Teardrop Massive Attack Love, love is a verb Love is a doing word Fearless on my breath Gentle impulsion Shakes me, makes me lighter Fearless on my breath Teardrop on a fire Fearless on my breath Water is my eye Most faithful mirror Fear
Jump to new posts Re: Music influnces, songs and talk. by Ceremony @ Yesterday at 01:03 AM

Out of my darkness of that NIN release, I found a savior. Who knows Xymox? When this album came out, I was filled with some happiness and peace. Xymox: "Imagination" Helped me refill my artist's brain with some of what it needed. I can
Jump to new posts Re: Music influnces, songs and talk. by Ceremony @ Yesterday at 12:55 AM

In my dark place, I would go to Trent Reznor among many others. This album NIN "Pretty Hate Machine" came out the end of the 80's. It was so appropriate for my time then. So, much dark, so much confusion, and my sense of my future was very
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Admitting to myself by Bryce @ 06/26/17 11:11 PM

Manipulated, Thanks for the post. I am struggling with the memory and sexual aspect which I use to not to level I do now. I have wondered if it bothers me now more since coming here which is one of the reasons I stepped away for a bit. From what I a
Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.