Newest Members
Henry L., Bardock, TylerZ, PhilUK, tobefree151
13334 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
40LOVE (53), iSurvive (55), mochadrinker (47), ozzie_guy (52), rtt (22), time2tell (59)
Who's Online
3 registered (payne, TylerZ, 1 invisible), 82 Guests and 7 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
13,334 Registered Members
76 Forums
69,086 Topics
480,980 Posts

Most users ever online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Survivors of Female Abuse
Jump to new posts Re: Maternal abuse by New47bliss @ Yesterday at 03:08 AM

Payne, Would love to read you poem. Couldn't find it on MS. Perhaps if on here I just am looking in wrong place. Thanks for your comments! I think your situation sounds a lot like mine. I had many sexual contacts with my mother really starting as yo
Poetry
Jump to new posts Depression by Tryingtolive @ Yesterday at 02:27 AM

Depression It's something I have But it's something I can't talk about. Everyone feels down once in a while. But it's something I fight constantly. I see everyone moving on in life. But it's something that keeps me stuck. Imagine not wanting to fee
Jump to new posts Re: Maternal abuse by payne @ Yesterday at 02:18 AM

New47bliss, I too believe it is more common than people think. My therapist has told me that it is. I wrote a poem about my experience with mom which started "Mammas don't raise up your sons to be substitute spouses. Just because your marria
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Anniversary-Trigger Warning by oic @ Yesterday at 01:47 AM

(((zookeeper))) Yours is a story of honor, not shame. You were a little soldier. You should be very proud of your efforts. I'm sorry for the screams that haunt you & so many of us. You should have been loved & protected, not in a battle. It'
Jump to new posts Re: Maternal abuse by New47bliss @ 02/23/17 11:38 PM

Thanks , andy75 and payne, for your comments. I think this subject need a lot more exposure and women can abuse as well. And can be attracted to young boys fir sex. New47bliss
Sexual Identity Issues
Jump to new posts Re: So sure I was gay... by 30something @ 02/23/17 11:33 PM

Hope you're taking time to breathe, Lumes. I find even a couple minutes of meditation can help me refocus on what I really want to be doing. Cheers, Asa
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Anniversary-Trigger Warning by traveler @ 02/23/17 11:30 PM

oh, my friend, how i wish i could make the nightmares go away. i am sitting here crying for you again. i hope it helps to know that there are those of us who care very much and are so glad that you are still with us. hang on - as you said earlier, &q
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Terrible Nightmare/Flashback Brings Some Clarity by zookeeper @ 02/23/17 10:20 PM

(((((Kevin)))))))) You remember, we've have done what was needed to survive. You didn't want to hurt that boy. He didn't want to hurt you. The only person at fault was the SOB who abused both of you. I hope this little glint of light gives you som
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Anniversary-Trigger Warning by zookeeper @ 02/23/17 10:14 PM

45 years ago today, my mother kept me home from school. She locked my baby sister and I in a back bedroom while she put a pan of oil on the stove, on high and then "forgot it ". If you didn't know that she had threatened to " burn this
Jump to new posts Re: Maternal abuse by New47bliss @ 02/23/17 09:00 PM

After reading these comments about mothers abuse of their sons has convinced me that I was not alone in my abuse or suffering the guilt of it later in life. I too was more than willing to go along, was sexualized and looked for it as often as possibl
Jump to new posts Re: Maternal abuse by payne @ 02/23/17 08:16 PM

Your doubts and fears are completely understandable give your past. My mother abused me as a preteen when she was a single mom and continued to after she married again. I hope your fears and doubts are not being fulfilled. Do you have a therapist to
Men Abused/Assaulted as Adults
Jump to new posts Re: WHAT DO OTHERS DO? IS THIS NORMAL? by greenwizard @ 02/23/17 07:47 PM

I agree there is probably no such thing as normal. Everyone's story is different, everyone's personality and brain wiring is a little different. I think any way you can cope that isn't self destructive is fine. For me, I was basically targeted by
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: I did it by Ceremony @ 02/23/17 06:25 PM

It's a tough road ahead if you choose to stay on it. You'll find as much support here as can be given... (((greenwizard))) I've read all your posts about that perpetrator and understand your side of it.
Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: What made you feel good today? by greenwizard @ 02/23/17 04:49 PM

Did some food shopping and only went 79 cents over budget. I think we'll be able to eat the next 2 weeks. Then we took the dog for a walk, and it was so warm I didn't even need a jacket.
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: I did it by greenwizard @ 02/23/17 04:45 PM

God, every time the phone rings I feel like I'm gonna throw up. It rings a lot because I have debt collectors on my ass. Anybody ever testify against their attacker that give me some advice here? I thought it would feel good, but since seeing her
Jump to new posts Re: Maternal abuse by andy75 @ 02/23/17 04:21 PM

Haven't checked in here for some time, so I've only just found this thread. My situation was slightly different, but the consequences are the same. My mother was involved in my abuse, but she wasn't the main perpetrator. In fact I think that in man
U.S. & World News
I had to listen to the entire conversation for myself. his comments are completely indefensible. how sad.
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: That Brand of Cologne by George @ 02/23/17 02:58 PM

" I ended up just asking my roommate to throw it away. Not very dramatic or anything. " Still it happened only on *YOUR* say so, maybe not as dramatic as you would've initially have liked, but still YOU were in control and made the call
Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: What made you feel good today? by TylerZ @ 02/23/17 02:34 PM

I worked out and listened to music, and was able to beat my previous max in benching. My teammates and I went out for lunch. I snuck in a coke although soda is off limits during season. My professor gave me an A although I turned an assignment in la
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: That Brand of Cologne by Ceremony @ 02/23/17 02:34 PM

Hi TylerZ, I think you've been doing a lot in a short time of sharing. That's courage, and acceptance of our human vulnerability. We're where we are, and doing what we can, when we can. Good job!
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: That Brand of Cologne by TylerZ @ 02/23/17 02:21 PM

I really wanted to destroy it, but I didn't. I ended up just asking my roommate to throw it away. Not very dramatic or anything. Its funny though, how one small bottle can throw a massive wrench in your every day life.
Health and Wellbeing
Jump to new posts Re: EMDR and me by Ceremony @ 02/23/17 01:19 PM

Being validated has become powerful for me. I'm crying, in a way that just pours out, and I can't control. I'm actually thanking you, it's important.
Health and Wellbeing
Jump to new posts Re: EMDR and me by Winterfr3sh @ 02/23/17 12:59 PM

<3 I'm so sorry, and I felt so awful and touched reading this. I can feel your anger burning hot. So much to talk about here. I'm proud of you. And I'm proud of you for pacing yourself and grounding yourself as you engage these deep wounds.
Sexual Identity Issues
Jump to new posts Re: Masturbation Shame Discussion by Winterfr3sh @ 02/23/17 12:44 PM

Yeah, thanks Mojave
Health and Wellbeing
Jump to new posts Re: EMDR and me by Ceremony @ 02/23/17 11:41 AM

SO, I wrote 14 pages of journal so far, I know because I printed it out yesterday morning. I was working to prepare for my EMDR interview. I met the therapist and we had a good talk. She read a portion of my condensed EMDR preparation. I cut and past
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.