Newest Members
lilgas69, Humfrey, devon46, TheOceansSong, Yury
13129 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
carter (53), CAW1980 (36), Fissy Tsickens (55), Kris (54), Wheatthins (25)
Who's Online
0 registered (), 33 Guests and 7 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
13,129 Registered Members
75 Forums
68,087 Topics
474,243 Posts

Most users ever online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Introductions
Jump to new posts Re: just joined by devon46 @ Yesterday at 09:36 AM

i been reading some of the survivor stories, at first i got threatened but as it went on i went back on my own .i never told i know other kids got molested if i would have told none of them would have got hurt. as time went on it seemed like they kn
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Therapist says I'm stuck as a teenager by WG @ Yesterday at 09:22 AM

Good morning, men - Look at us! We're in here healing, walking, talking, processing like we should be. We all have that little boy/teenager/young man in us who was brave, strong, resourceful and clever. He still is. At my last session with my therapi
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Therapist says I'm stuck as a teenager by zookeeper @ Yesterday at 09:16 AM

FF This growing stuff is never easy, at least I havent found it to be. I am so proud of the progress you are making. The kinds of trauma the we have been through really do seem to freeze moments in time in my memory so what your T says makes sense t
Introductions
Jump to new posts Re: just joined by WG @ Yesterday at 09:05 AM

Welcome, Devon - and as we say here, sorry at the same time you are here. But we understand. Do we ever. Of course your perpetrator would lie to you - he/she was - is - sick. Very sick. On the other hand, you are not. Survivor? Absolutely. Strong? In
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Therapist says I'm stuck as a teenager by Elad1 @ Yesterday at 04:41 AM

"...that horror that I had no one. Literally. The only two people who could have saved me died in the same year. I think about so many of us here who were trapped in this house of horrors with absolutely no way out. I wonder if that's why we e
Introductions
Jump to new posts Re: just joined by OgO @ Yesterday at 01:38 AM

Most of us are like that Devon, that's part of what makes it so hard to accept and deal with. You are doing really well, hang in there, take it slowly, and accept healing. Try not to blame yourself, it wasn't your fault or something you consented t
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Therapist says I'm stuck as a teenager by ForeverFighting @ 07/21/16 11:26 PM

Thank you so much, guys. This has pushed me down an interesting road I’m not sure how to travel. This feels very strange. You mention keeping your inner boy close to you, experiencing the pain head on. TinCAn, you give me hope. Thank you. I
Introductions
Jump to new posts Re: just joined by devon46 @ 07/21/16 10:21 PM

thanks for responding. i'm not sure how this works or if i belong here .you see there were times i liked it .
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: A Thousand Little Pieces by zookeeper @ 07/21/16 10:19 PM

Hey Dan Wow, I'm sorry for what you went through. My main abuser once asked to bring my next oldest brother in, but that was one if the few times I refused, but I got beat for it. The thought whoever may have gotten copies of whatever pictures he ma
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: half-brother trigger by zookeeper @ 07/21/16 10:10 PM

Hey Lee Wow, this must have really difficult for you. I know being triggered like that is disconcerting. I live only an hour away from my childhood the was the place were most of my abuse occurred and stop a few times just look. Why I cant tell you,
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Remembering The Pit by kwawk @ 07/21/16 10:07 PM

ZK - Putting this into words is a way of claiming power and perspective, that you have as a man, that you didn't have back then. Thanks for posting and sharing, esp on the hard days.
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: half-brother trigger by WG @ 07/21/16 10:05 PM

Yeah, I get that 'time warp' thing too - sorta like the old Star Trek when they would go into warp drive. Shoot through the universe and land somewhere - and realize you were moving along and no one else was.......then they're looking at you waiting
Introductions
Jump to new posts Re: hi thanks for the inspiration by zookeeper @ 07/21/16 10:02 PM

Im so glad you found this group. You will welcomed, respected and understood. I'm wishing you the very best on your road to recovery. Zookeeper
Gay/Bi/Trans Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: As Gay as... by kwawk @ 07/21/16 09:59 PM

CE - yeah, i feel you on that. for me, the spin cycle was the worst - lots of turbulence there, and i still keep getting unbalanced...
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Remembering The Pit by zookeeper @ 07/21/16 09:58 PM

Days like are these are particularly hard. I have no special project, no important place to go, so my mind wanders. I sit with my coffee, enjoying the beauty of the trees and birds, but I can't stop remembering. A shaft of light comes through the t
Introductions
Jump to new posts Re: hi thanks for the inspiration by WG @ 07/21/16 09:49 PM

As the opening screen tells us - You are not alone. I'm 62 and never told anyone, not even my wife of now 34 years, the horrific abuse and sex abuse done to me 50 - plus years ago. I could no longer live like that and carry the pain. I went to a ther
Introductions
Jump to new posts Re: Is this real? by kwawk @ 07/21/16 09:48 PM

Hey Humfrey - you are in good company here, other guys who "get it". We all share having experienced stuff that's really "crappy" (or "shitty" as manipulated said; my phrase is "fukked-the-fukk-up"). An
Books, Music & Films for Survivors
Chase Eric - Thanks for highlighting that passage. I also found it compelling. There is a section in the book where he speaks in depth to that exact concept. This was the most important for me, talking about this as an ongoing struggle, his per
Introductions
Jump to new posts hi thanks for the inspiration by lilgas69 @ 07/21/16 09:11 PM

Hi thanks for the inspiration.I am 47 and was a victim 40 years ago.and carried it since than and then found this site. Told someone ( my sister ) just yesterday..it was the hardest but best thing I ever done.still got a long way to go but it's a sta
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.