Newest Members
jewelgirl50, SadButSoTrue, Mark Onderweg, ceez, farmboy405
13429 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
BenPaul (56), doubleyolk (55), ges1974 (43), Thomas (64)
Who's Online
4 registered (Ceremony, Cirillo, BDD, 1 invisible), 63 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
13,429 Registered Members
75 Forums
69,637 Topics
485,926 Posts

Most users ever online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Sexual Identity Issues
Jump to new posts Re: My (bi)sexual identity by oic @ Today at 02:17 AM

I can do both & be content & satisfied by a female or a male but tend to prefer & gravitate to what I first learned to do with males. Does that make me gay, bi? Why ask why? I was embarrassed to be a victim. I've been embarrassed by the
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Questions And ideas from a survivor by Tryingtolive @ Today at 02:09 AM

Abuse that happens in the family stays in family? No one else can know except family. Obviously it shouldn't be but that's how it is for me. I understand the consequences of speaking out and the fact it can be more harmful than good. From my experie
Family and Friends
Jump to new posts Re: I want to help my son. by jewelgirl50 @ Today at 12:31 AM

Chase Eric your post helped me so much. I have talked to my son many times throughout his childhood about this abuse but I did send him to the Lions Den after both my son and his abuser received immediate therapy. I thought things were okay and I r
Family and Friends
Jump to new posts Re: I want to help my son. by jewelgirl50 @ Today at 12:13 AM

My response is below the post by Chase Eric. Getting used to this format. Thanks again.
Family and Friends
Jump to new posts Re: I want to help my son. by jewelgirl50 @ Today at 12:11 AM

Thank you so much Ceremony. My son and I communicate frequently. I see him as much as possible and we are trying to work through these issues. I am devoted to his healing. I have apologized many times, acknowledged my failings, and have asked for
Family and Friends
Jump to new posts Re: I want to help my son. by Chase Eric @ Yesterday at 11:05 PM

I rarely comment in the Family and Friends forum but this one hits home for me. If it's OK, I will explain why - but I need to go back a bit and tell you some of my story with this. I know you are seeing some big paragraphs in front of you - and ma
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Starting therapy, again by LinEar @ Yesterday at 10:56 PM

atari_kid86, I understand your trepidation and confusion with restarting therapy. I've also taken breaks; one longer one in particular. I reached a wall with my first therapist, and found my current therapist through a friend after about 9 months of
Family and Friends
Jump to new posts Re: I want to help my son. by Ceremony @ Yesterday at 10:40 PM

I applaud your willingness to be his ally. I think unconditional acceptance at any point from a parent is a good thing. It's difficult for me to accept it form my parent, in this case my mother, because of what you describe. Which for me, is the disa
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Defensive Communication by LinEar @ Yesterday at 10:18 PM

Thanks for that link TheHermit; I had no idea that listening habits were delineated like this, either. A lot to think about.
Family and Friends
Jump to new posts Re: I want to help my son. by jewelgirl50 @ Yesterday at 09:57 PM

He has visited the site. I will encourage him to join. He was diagnosed in the top 2% of PTSD but is entering a Phd program in the fall. I read a post by Ceremony where he referred to Mind Storms. That is what is happening with my son. He can't
Family and Friends
Jump to new posts Re: I want to help my son. by jaw @ Yesterday at 09:42 PM

Hi Jewelgirl, Welcome to MS!!! Has he ever thought of joining this group or maybe he already is?
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Re-Traumatization by KMCINVA @ Yesterday at 09:25 PM

Thank you everyone. I have been speaking with several professionals and they lean toward a sense re-traumatization can be worse for many survivors because it brings the emotions and senses of the initial trauma forward. On going re-traumatizaion lead
Family and Friends
Jump to new posts I want to help my son. by jewelgirl50 @ Yesterday at 09:14 PM

My son is struggling with CSA, the divorce of parents, and moving after the divorce as well as not feeling protected. His abuser was a family member (5 years older) a male, who abused him from 8-10. After counseling shortly after the abuse the abus
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: I need to stop breaking down during training by DanielQ432 @ Yesterday at 08:51 PM

Well guys, I got through both sessions Tues and tonight, it wasn't the easiest but I did it. I really wanted to bolt at a couple of points, but then I got into this better place getting well into the session where I relaxed and finally felt positive
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: I need to stop breaking down during training by BDD @ Yesterday at 08:12 PM

DanielQ432, I have an intense relationship with my trainer, Nick. He's asked me questions about my personal life that I would have lied to anyone else in public. But I can't with him. It's lead to tears in the squat rack (It's not us, it's squats!)
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Starting therapy, again by Chris4TheMill @ Yesterday at 08:11 PM

I too took breaks from therapy in the past, actually for a few years at a time. Part of it had to do with my job that sucked all my time and energy. But yes, it did take a few "mini-crises" to make me seek help again. I knew I still
U.S. & World News
Jump to new posts Re: Samantha B takes on New York Cath. Leag. Donahue by Ceremony @ Yesterday at 08:06 PM

((((James)))) Thanks my friend.
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Starting therapy, again by Sterling @ Yesterday at 08:06 PM

Bring all our positive energy with you to your therapy session Atari. WE all wish you the best buddy !! James
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Starting therapy, again by atari_kid86 @ Yesterday at 07:58 PM

Its been a maybe 3 years since I last had therapy. My prior therapist moved. I figured at the point I was at, I figured I'd learned pretty well how to cope. I had "beaten" the trauma. Sure I knew I'd still have the occasional issue, but
U.S. & World News
Jump to new posts Re: Samantha B takes on New York Cath. Leag. Donahue by Sterling @ Yesterday at 07:50 PM

Good thing you are w/ us Rick! You're a good dude. On behalf of us adult children , THANK YOU! -this woman is funny.
Poetry
Jump to new posts Re: Survive by Sterling @ Yesterday at 07:43 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U7uxf8kBBlg sorry I have the hots for Jessica simpson right now. What do you like TTL ? You are obviously very intellectual ! ds;fljasd;fljf;jkl its hard to turn this around isn't it? I am sorry. I wish I could hug
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Defensive Communication by TheHermit @ Yesterday at 07:35 PM

Cool. Thanks for the response! I assume that when you were defensive like this to your wife, you were completely unaware that you were? Or rather, maybe I should ask and not assume... Were you completely unaware? Or were you defensive but cogniza
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: I need to stop breaking down during training by Sterling @ Yesterday at 07:21 PM

I hope you are feeling a bit more ease. Sorry , I know it sounds so blah . I sympathize for you...its sad that our trauma can affect us in all situations. Be good to yourself. Do some nice , quiet things- you deserve it! Your trainer sounds like he i
Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: i love you by Sterling @ Yesterday at 06:46 PM

Thanks Rick , where it would be a tougher road if it wasn't for our music , hey Rick ? ! xo Mi
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Love.... by Sterling @ Yesterday at 06:46 PM

Luke , you are a really great guy. You have great qualities -your morals , and kindness from the stories you share here! You make sure you know this, and remind yourself of this. And I love how you write . Take care. hugs. James
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.