Newest Members
UniversalBeing, Squirmish20, Cunobelin, Dean-GMoT, hunterprince
13497 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
drivejoepublic (47), eagle299 (46), H18 (24), JJJ (46), mariposaman (66), SevenTwoTwo76 (42), TexAgMan (40), waiter (47), wgwarch (58)
Who's Online
2 registered (2 invisible), 51 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
13,497 Registered Members
75 Forums
70,053 Topics
489,043 Posts

Most users ever online: 418 @ 07/02/12 11:29 AM
Twitter
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: I don't know what to do by Bluedogone @ Today at 09:30 AM

Hi justsomeguy, I'm really sorry to read that you're to this point. Hugs to you. When we get to such a stage of trying to figure out what to do, it's sometime a mystery which course of action would be best. Every state and Province has different r
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: I don't know what to do by Ceremony @ Today at 09:14 AM

Please call the RAINN hotline, or use their chat. Here is that link I'm posting to you from experience. They directed me to a local face to face Sexual Violence Center. I made it through my initial pain by talking to them. It was temporary, but
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Memory Working Against Me? *Trigger* by Ceremony @ Today at 09:06 AM

Welcome Squirmish20, it's good to see these posts, good topic, thanks. I agree with traveler and all. It's a protection to forget either parts or all. I suppressed mine, but knew, I always knew. I didn't want it... but it surfaced last year and was t
Introductions
Jump to new posts Re: Finally by Ceremony @ Today at 08:45 AM

I will second that hope CD. Welcome to MS and the Forums. I like to write, and have found it a therapy I hadn't explored enough in the past. Mostly because I was not good at writing in the past. It took me 20 years to learn to write like I wanted. I
Military Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: VA ECHCS by Ceremony @ Today at 08:30 AM

It's good you have been persistent, it's our need to have an encounter with validation. We know that around this Forum. We're not all at the same place, and even some of us who give you some information, have a lot on our plate, we're doing what we c
Introductions
Jump to new posts Re: Best introduce myself by Squirmish20 @ Today at 08:16 AM

Thank you all. AuthenticMe, I do love a very inspiring motto.
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Memory Working Against Me? *Trigger* by Squirmish20 @ Today at 08:14 AM

Thank you for the explanation it is starting to make sense
Introductions
Jump to new posts Re: long time, no me by Ceremony @ Today at 07:51 AM

There's always room around the table in these rooms. I often wake in the middle of the night.. no particular reason... older, gotta go to the loo, whatever... Time goes by, more things happen, we're here. The acceptance around here, That's kept me mo
Introductions
Jump to new posts Finally by Cave Dweller @ Today at 07:28 AM

So it took me a while to write my first post here. I suppose my nick says it all, I am a cave dweller. Both of the physical and mental kind. I stay in my apartment too much but I feel confined to my mental cave even more. My mind is all over the plac
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: I don't know what to do by Greg56 @ Today at 07:15 AM

Try a hot line...they may be able to help or keep posting. Although, I see you posted this way earlier than I found it. Sorry Greg
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts I don't know what to do by justsomeguy @ Today at 04:49 AM

I want to talk to someone. I'm too afraid to call anyone I know.
Military Survivors
Jump to new posts VA ECHCS by usmc97 @ Today at 04:29 AM

Sexually assaulted in VA hospital by staff, anybody know who can help me at least get some accountability. VA Admin, VA Police, Congressman, Secretary of the VA's office, Tort claim, OIG and all has failed so far. The VA just wants me to stop saying
Classifieds
Jump to new posts Colorado? by usmc97 @ Today at 04:21 AM

Just checking if there are more guys now in the area since I've been away from the site who might talk some? Just searching for Others, the professional community here is scarce and not really equipped for men who've been hurt.
Introductions
Jump to new posts long time, no me by usmc97 @ Today at 04:09 AM

Back after a lot of years, sorry for anyone that were hurt or felt hurt by me. It's not my heart ever to hurt anyone, especially any of you guys. going through a lot, which has always been "normal" for me, but I'm struggling hard lately
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Relationship pain by Chris4TheMill @ Today at 01:27 AM

Greg, Thanks for telling your story. I am sorry you had to go through that time when you ended up in the E.R. You must have been in a lot of pain. I can relate. You bring up another good point that I alluded to but wasn't explicit about And th
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Long Few Weeks by woodenshoes @ Today at 01:20 AM

Kevin Sorry for your disassociate fugue. I understand that and is hard to deal with at times. The unknown can be difficult to understand. I am still struggling with what happened during mine. I'm glad that your doing a little better. My thought
Introductions
Jump to new posts Re: Re-Introduction by woodenshoes @ Today at 01:09 AM

Authenticme Welcome back and thank you for supporting the rest of us. Glad to hear your doing well. Ws
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Empathy, gaslighting and balancing steps by Ceremony @ Today at 12:36 AM

Interesting and intuitive in many regards SamV. It resonates with me how I grew up and many years into adult life I over empathized and allowed my concern for others to over-rule some of my needs. I see it now, how lost attachment at birth, losing at
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Empathy, gaslighting and balancing steps by Greg56 @ Yesterday at 11:43 PM

I believe that my own pain caused me to want to help people in general. I was in "social work" for many years. But, after I processed my own pain...I left other posters behind, because I took on everyone's pain, as I read their posts. I
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Relationship pain by Greg56 @ Yesterday at 11:31 PM

You hit the nail on the head Chris. I remember a time when I was much younger. My sister-in-law and I were very close. One time when I was really depressed and ready to tell. I called her and asked if I could talk to her. She agreed...must be I
Books, Music & Films for Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Compassion by AuthenticMe @ Yesterday at 09:46 PM

I'm not sure if your post was directed to Banjo, but I thought I'd jump in and give you my thoughts on your questions. First, yes I do have compassion for the abuser. He was the stepson of a very wealthy but dysfunctional friend of my mother's. He di
Introductions
Jump to new posts Re: Re-Introduction by AuthenticMe @ Yesterday at 08:08 PM

Hi Tom - Thank you. I hope I can be of some help.
Books, Music & Films for Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Compassion by Chase Eric @ Yesterday at 07:11 PM

Like you, I also believe in compassion. I have two questions, but please do not read them as rhetorical or leading in any way - they are genuine questions untinged by any judgement: 1) Do you have compassion for your abuser? 2) How do you define c
Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: i love you by Tom E. @ Yesterday at 07:10 PM

You are cool James
Introductions
Jump to new posts Re: Re-Introduction by Tom E. @ Yesterday at 07:07 PM

Hi Lome, welcome back brother
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.