Newest Members
fox, Unbreakable92, jewelgirl50, SadButSoTrue, Mark Onderweg
13431 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Echoes (31), lost_in_thought (32), Sam_S (48)
Who's Online
11 registered (Ceremony, Cirillo, Bryce, greenwizard, fox, 2 invisible), 64 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
13,431 Registered Members
75 Forums
69,662 Topics
486,172 Posts

Most users ever online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Trigger Unexpectantly by TeeJayUU @ 27 minutes 15 seconds ago

I am so sorry you had to experience this! Sending you strength and love and support and positive energy!
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts To my abusers, to all abusers..... by TeeJayUU @ 29 minutes 53 seconds ago

F#%K YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: facing another hurdle by TeeJayUU @ 34 minutes 35 seconds ago

My opinion.... Maybe you do need a night out, but a SAFE night out for you. I think you did the right thing for you in staying from this exposition.
Family and Friends
Jump to new posts Re: Emotional empathy versus compassion empathy by Mishka95673 @ 45 minutes 17 seconds ago

Male Survivors
Jump to new posts facing another hurdle by greenwizard @ 50 minutes 20 seconds ago

Because what happened to me started in a bar I kind of started staying away from those kinds of places. I turned myself into a hermit. My friends both think it's a good idea for me to go with them next time they drive out to Pittsburgh to go clubbi
Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Dental work by TW16 @ Today at 09:56 PM

Normally I would have PTO, but I have exhausted it. My,employer has been nice to give me the only two "free" days off for the month of July wben they could have given them to someone else. Since my last post, I have spoken with the dentist
Sexual Identity Issues
Jump to new posts Re: My (bi)sexual identity by dac @ Today at 08:12 PM

Thank you Willhelm, I appreciate your comment. All the best, David
Sexual Identity Issues
Jump to new posts Re: My (bi)sexual identity by Willhelm @ Today at 08:07 PM

Originally Posted By dacFor the record, even though I consider myself bisexual, I do not have sex with men, and have not for decades. But I still accept it as part of my identity however it was formed, and no amount of force or prayer could make it g
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Trigger Unexpectantly by Ceremony @ Today at 08:06 PM

I'm a fan of crying lately. It's been going on with me since this past Sat. ebbing today. I think I grieved things like the people in my life who've passed on, old friends gone, family missed and dysfunction, and childhood traumas. I think the chur
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Trigger Unexpectantly by KMCINVA @ Today at 07:55 PM

Today I received an invitation to an event at the Diocese. It sent me off--not sure why. It contained a kind note. I was in the office lobby when I checked the mailbox. I went running out and ran. Two people I gather went after me. I found myself on
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Love.... by Can_I_Do_This @ Today at 06:18 PM

Great article, Sterling, thank you! I have a handful of platonic male friends I bonded with over music and fly fishing. I've been extremely blessed to have shared many, many days in the back-country with my brothers hiking, fishing, cooking dinner t
Family and Friends
Jump to new posts Re: I want to help my son. by jewelgirl50 @ Today at 06:14 PM

Thank you Luke. My son has recently shared some bullying/emotional abuse that he suffered in High School. I also had a boyfriend when my son was 17 who was emotionally abusive to him. My son never told me as he thought he would not be heard. He is
Family and Friends
Jump to new posts Re: I want to help my son. by dark empathy @ Today at 05:39 PM

Hi Jewel girl. I wil say in my case my mum was not involved in my sa directly, it wasn't even her choice to send me to the school where everything happend so I probably don't have as much issues with mothers in general as some people hear. However
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Sabotage by Can_I_Do_This @ Today at 04:25 PM

Great thoughts, Bob, big hugs to you my brother. (((((Bob))))) The way the self-love thing has worked for me is that its caused me to stop self-sabotaging; because I now see myself as a loved and lovable man, my mind has simply slowed way, way down
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Go F*** Yourself, Daddy by Can_I_Do_This @ Today at 03:38 PM

Originally Posted By Free RadicalThey can go screw themselves! I'm tired of hearing from them and obeying...letting them keep me from being myself. I hate that they are inside me telling me how stupid I am, but I won't listen anymore... Bravo, bravo
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Go F*** Yourself, Daddy by Tom E. @ Today at 03:22 PM

Right On Brother
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Go F*** Yourself, Daddy by DanielQ432 @ Today at 03:20 PM

Dude, that is AWESOME! Believe me, I had many of the same feelings the day I went and signed up for my first gym membership. I was really convinced I was "too old, too fat, too weird" and that I had just wasted a ton of money on a members
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Pride. TRIGGER WARNING. by Can_I_Do_This @ Today at 03:05 PM

Dear Daniel, For me the simple realization that I had absolutely no say in the matter of my abuse made it easy to "drop the shame" and lose the guilt. Realizing *I didn't do anything*, THEY DID, made it a no-brainer for me. I didn't do shi
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Go F*** Yourself, Daddy by Chris4TheMill @ Today at 03:04 PM

Free Radical, This is really great. I am very proud of you. You are beginning to grasp a valuable principle that bears repeating and reframing so that it sinks into our overly-sensitive, overly-reactive brains and nervous systems. Here is how I w
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Go F*** Yourself, Daddy by Ceremony @ Today at 02:16 PM

Thank you for making your efforts Free Radical. Genetics and bullying because of that are my obstacles to being involved in a lot of life. I'm trying to take baby steps like you and am encouraged by brothers sharing their efforts. It's Ok to vent and
Family and Friends
Jump to new posts Re: I want to help my son. by jewelgirl50 @ Today at 02:08 PM

Thank you Ceremony. I never discuss how I am feeling with my son. I do not ever want to burden him. My son and I have open and honest discussions. My love for him is unconditional and we have a strong emotional bond. I was always loving and affe
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Love.... by Sterling @ Today at 01:57 PM

everyone should care about themselves. this is just a link ; googling self-trust https://psychcentral.com/blog/archives/2013/10/17/3-ways-to-develop-self-trust/
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Go F*** Yourself, Daddy by BDD @ Today at 01:51 PM

Free Radical, I am so proud of you! You know what people will see? Some one who is working at getting better. Some one who is brave enough to try new things, things he may even suck at! That is more inspiring then the best flip turn. You're not ther
Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Dental work by Ceremony @ Today at 01:39 PM

I'm reticent to promote additional delay or to go ahead. Both seem to offer you small condolence for a positive result. I think going ahead makes more sense than delay, but, if your bosses posses no or small compassion for employee medical needs, or
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Pride. TRIGGER WARNING. by DanielQ432 @ Today at 01:38 PM

Well, it certainly was all interesting conversation with my therapist just now - BTW, I don't bring any other party's comments into therapy, I have no intent on violating the sanctity of this site or sites like it - not that he hasn't heard this stuf
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 >

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.