Newest Members
UniversalBeing, Squirmish20, Cunobelin, Dean-GMoT, hunterprince
13497 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
bcollin767801 (41), cant_remember (38), coltrane (42), InnocentOne (28), Robzo32 (39), Sam Wise (47), Zombie15 (26)
Who's Online
1 registered (Robert1000), 91 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
13,497 Registered Members
75 Forums
70,067 Topics
489,145 Posts

Most users ever online: 418 @ 07/02/12 11:29 AM
Twitter
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Poetry
Jump to new posts Re: discouraged by tommyb @ 41 minutes 23 seconds ago

(usmc97) ...Destructive harmonies of incoherence living inside, oblivious reflex...
U.S. & World News
Jump to new posts coach's wife guilty of statutory rape of boy by traveler @ Today at 03:51 PM

it's about time the law starts calling it what it is! coach's wife pleads guilty to statutory rape of 16 yr old boy
Sexual Identity Issues
Jump to new posts Re: Sexual Disorientation by Cave Dweller @ Today at 03:50 PM

Thank you, Manipulated for linking to that article and to all those who have posted their experiences on this matter. Some of your experiences reflect my own as I struggle with this very matter as well but more on that at a later time.
Introductions
Jump to new posts Re: Finally by Cave Dweller @ Today at 03:37 PM

Thanks to you all for making me feel welcome, it's much appreciated.
Sexual Identity Issues
Jump to new posts Re: Sexual Disorientation by EdfromNYC @ Today at 03:30 PM

George Nice to hear a voice of a certain experience adding to the conversation. Ed
Sexual Identity Issues
Jump to new posts Re: Sexual Disorientation by EdfromNYC @ Today at 03:30 PM

Eric Always appreciate your posts and thoughtfulness, too. I think Joe Kort talking about orientation vs eroticization is so helpful to me. If I call it eroticization of same sex attraction, it gives me control of my experience and how it is talked
Introductions
Jump to new posts Re: Finally by AuthenticMe @ Today at 03:19 PM

Welcome Cave Dweller. Happy to see you made it to the forum. Isolation is experienced by so many survivors of CSA. Hopefully spending some time here can help.
Sexual Identity Issues
Jump to new posts Re: Sexual Disorientation by EdfromNYC @ Today at 03:19 PM

Quote:For me shame and fear were hyper eroticized in a homosexual context. Perfectly put! Shame and fear are often eroticized in SA but add in a same sex dimension and questions of orientation obviously may arise. But that triad of shame, fear and
Sexual Identity Issues
Jump to new posts Re: Struggling and Married by Jay1946 @ Today at 03:12 PM

Originally Posted By George sex & love are two different things entirely. For me and a lot of us we were/are "attracted" to males not for love or marriage, but because our young minds faultily cobbled together a coping mechanism to deal
Sexual Identity Issues
Jump to new posts Re: How have other people shaped your sexual identity? by Chris4TheMill @ Today at 02:30 PM

Originally Posted By Dan99...We're all given a standard and expectations to live up to by our peers and family. And if it happens to match your desires, then the system of outside pressures and expectations works really well. It reinforces and reward
Sexual Identity Issues
Jump to new posts Re: Sexual Disorientation by George @ Today at 01:39 PM

Eric, " I don't know anyone who has definitively conquered SSA beyond defining it - but I suppose it doesn't mean there aren't those who have." You can count me as one of them who has conquered it. I have come to understand all the fault
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: I don't know why by motmcd @ Today at 01:24 PM

TZ, You express well what most of us wrestle with at one time or another. It is part of the healing process. My spine is a mess due to a wicked crash years ago in a downhill mountain bike race. Every day I live with the physical consequences of t
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: What If... by George @ Today at 12:21 PM

Brian, " Maybe being calm and belonging I could have finished High School and gone to college" Man, this was a very big thing for me when I took stock of my life, it felt like a sucker punch in the stomach when I realized that hating sc
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: What If... by KMCINVA @ Today at 12:15 PM

What if's--I know I spent a lifetime of what if it did not happen, what if I was not an altar boy, what if I did not go back, what if I did not tell and so on. My T and others have worked hard on me not to play the what if game because I cannot chang
Sexual Identity Issues
Jump to new posts Re: Sexual Disorientation by Free Radical @ Today at 12:08 PM

Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: 29+ hours crying *trggrs* by traveler @ Today at 11:50 AM

usmc97 - i am truly sorry for all you've endured. it wasn't your fault and you did not deserve it. i have found that in dealing with tears, it seems to help if i dont fight it but just give in. weeping is npt a sign ofweakness or defeat but can be
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: 29+ hours crying *trggrs* by TeeJayUU @ Today at 10:57 AM

I wish I had more to say... I am so sorry you went through this. Keep talking here... Sending you love and strength....
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Support groups in Glasgow,UK? by dark empathy @ Today at 10:38 AM

I'm afraid the Uk isn't great at this sort of thing. I did run into one charity in Nottinghamshire where my parents live called Isas, that is incest and sexual abuse sruvivers, but there doesn't seem to be anything national from what I gathered, als
Sexual Identity Issues
Jump to new posts Re: Struggling and Married by George @ Today at 10:25 AM

Hi Dean-GMot, "Has anyone else ever dealt with this or is dealing with it now?" For a good chunk of my life I battled with an uncontrollable drive in my head to act out, first with other boys, then with other men. Not once or a few time
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: What If... by BDD @ Today at 09:03 AM

Maybe it's hearing myself in your answers. I can't do my own What If it never happened...if I was never under that tree would I have been a boy? Wouldn't have been sexualized so early. Would have bonded with my father. Would have belonged. Would nev
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts 29+ hours crying *trggrs* by usmc97 @ Today at 05:51 AM

Crying, I can't stop crying. I've drank so much water trying not to feel dehydrated. I just want to understand. I don't get it For everyone who screams why me... I scream why me too! Why us? How? This is my riddle I can't find a solution to. Physi
Poetry
Jump to new posts Re: ... nevermind by Tom E. @ Today at 04:19 AM

usmc97 ---- we stand with you
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Insurance BULLSHIT! by Chris4TheMill @ Today at 03:16 AM

So, here's my messed-up situation: My insurance has not paid my one therapist since February...!! So he said we could not continue to meet until he got paid or was able to figure out what could be done to speed the back-payment up. So I have n
Poetry
Jump to new posts ... nevermind by usmc97 @ Today at 02:25 AM

I think I posted this one years ago, feel so down. Nevermind I was going to share something important but... nevermind I was going to ask for help but... nevermind I just needed someone to listen but... nevermind I needed a hug from someone safe
Introductions
Jump to new posts Re: Finally by manipulated @ Today at 01:51 AM

Welcome Cave Dweller and sorry for what brings you and what you are experiencing. It is a big step to not only join but to post AND identify harmful behaviours from our past. You are strong to have done so. Hope to see you in chat or posting more
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.