Newest Members
SisterK, AdamAnt, Henry L., Bardock, TylerZ
13336 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
bklyngirl (36), ccbc (48), duckmanfat (43), firedog (41), Lansner (51), Peter 1950 (67), Sunshine1 (52)
Who's Online
5 registered (TylerZ, TJ jeff, greenwizard, zookeeper, 1 invisible), 78 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
13,336 Registered Members
76 Forums
69,104 Topics
481,106 Posts

Most users ever online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Am I broken? by TylerZ @ 2 minutes 50 seconds ago

I feel comfortable with them having a sex-drive, just as long as its not aimed at me. I don't know how else to put it. I want someone to maybe put there arm around my waist while we walk, or where we sleep together in the same bed ( only sleep), and
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Am I broken? by Winterfr3sh @ 40 minutes 28 seconds ago

Hi Tyler, I think it's really sweet that you experience such yearnings for affection, apart from sexual arousal. I see this as a potential strength. In my opinion affection and love is beautiful, with or without the sex act. (Sex itself can actuall
Yale Research Project
Jump to new posts Re: Third Discussion Board Question: Service Use by oriolesguy @ Today at 07:46 PM

Therapy helped, but it wasn't/hasn't been the be-all, end-all. Most helpful: I had to tell my story. It was excruciating, and I had to face it, and myself. Having to take a long hard look at myself has been tough. Still don't like it, but I'm better
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Am I broken? by oriolesguy @ Today at 07:14 PM

Hi Tyler, You're not alone. I had similar stuff happen like that. Like you, I was the consummate jock in high school and college. But I had been raped at age 11 (story is below), and at 21 raped again. First, I want to give you credit. A lot. I kn
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Detached? by BDD @ Today at 07:04 PM

Ceremony, You are going to BE! Keep at it!
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Detached? by BDD @ Today at 07:02 PM

WG, Congratulations on breaking past your demons. They are nasty and cunning. I am glad you walked through those doors!
Poetry
Jump to new posts Speed Breath ***TRIGGERS*** by BDD @ Today at 06:56 PM

Jolt Tumble Slam Shock Slow Yes No Fast Drawn Out Slow Know nothing Hurt landing will hurt Slam Ground. Stop Thud Face Down How face down? Not Yes Almost on wall cap Almost over wall Struggled around, feet towards curb as I have always known. I
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Am I broken? by BDD @ Today at 06:07 PM

TylerZ, You are not broken! There is NOTHING wrong with you. As I was looking for a way to express myself physically, I came across Cuddle Clubs. Physical intimacy is as varied as there are people. It's great that you want to hug and hold hands. Th
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Am I broken? by George @ Today at 05:40 PM

Hi Tyler, Your question is a legitimate one, no need to apologize. I reasoned that my Father came from a very broken home himself without a father, his mother took him to the US when he was 5, he never saw his father again. His mom had some ment
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Am I broken? by TylerZ @ Today at 02:12 PM

I want to start off by apologizing about my above response to you George. I was angry and shouldn't have implied anything about your father. Second I was very triggered at that point, and although I have read material on not responding when feeling t
Gay/Bi/Trans Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Sometimes I feel... by greenwizard @ Today at 12:53 PM

Originally Posted By MojaveMike"What if...." A thought that can drive any survivor crazy. What would life have been like if......We'll never know. This exactly. Until time machines are invented and we can change the past, we must deal wi
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Am I broken? by greenwizard @ Today at 12:07 PM

First of all, Tyler, it's important to remember that you did nothing wrong. You were just a child who depended on these people and they failed you. Second, trying to get into your dad's mind will drive you nuts. I know this from experience. My
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: lately by Donald177 @ Today at 11:18 AM

iaccus, I am sorry that you are in a dark place right now. Know that we all care about you and we want the best for you. I am here if you want to talk. Like BDD said, I don't care how you say what's bothering you, just get it out. I would be more th
Introductions
Jump to new posts Re: New here! by Donald177 @ Today at 11:07 AM

Welcome Henry, I am sorry you have to be here, but I am glad you are here. You will find that the men here are very compassionate, caring, and supportive. Share as you feel comfortable. Feel free to message me anytime. Many blessings, Donald
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Am I broken? by TylerZ @ Today at 10:49 AM

Why didn't they help us? Your father saw and never trusted your uncle, yet he put you in his care. What was he thinking? My father saw, and heard my pain, and did nothing. My father is the one who covered up the problems my uncle caused. He had too,
Introductions
Jump to new posts Re: My introduction by Henry Berglund @ Today at 10:40 AM

Hello!! I'm new too. Welcome!
Humor
Jump to new posts Re: Fun with puns by Henry Berglund @ Today at 10:36 AM

Witty witty witty LOL
Introductions
Jump to new posts New here! by Henry Berglund @ Today at 10:16 AM

Hey guys! I'm new here! I just want to be a member of this helping and supportive community. Thank you! Have a good day!
Gay/Bi/Trans Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Sometimes I feel... by MojaveMike @ Today at 09:53 AM

"What if...." A thought that can drive any survivor crazy. What would life have been like if......We'll never know.
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: lately by MojaveMike @ Today at 09:45 AM

Pain that doesn't go away. Defined by others evil actions. What can you do but sit in silent witness?
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: lately by WG @ Today at 08:51 AM

Yes, indeed. When my clients don't know what to say, I tell them to just start talking.....just start. Words will begin to form themselves and then thoughts then sentences and it will begin to pour out. Not always - as you said Iaccus, some days it
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: today by motmcd @ Today at 06:28 AM

Hang in there, greenwizard. It sounds as if your girlfriend is taking care of you. She sounds like a strong, faithful friend. Keep in touch with your therapist and lean on everyone around you who is good for support. As others noted above, you wi
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Self-harm *Trigger warning* by learning2remember @ Today at 02:01 AM

Self-harm was a problem for me for years, and on bad days it is still a struggle. It definitely made me feel like I was going crazy because I thought no "normal" person would do what I was doing. I couldn't figure out why I was doing it b
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Am I broken? by George @ Today at 01:14 AM

Ceremony, thank you for the kind words. Tyler, just read your story... Man, I so feel your pain. An uncle was my abuser too, I know that feeling of complying and losing yourself. Your Father walking in the bathroom on your uncle & you in the sh
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Am I broken? by Ceremony @ Today at 12:15 AM

Hello Tyler z. your story has posted too, which adds to knowing how well you belong here. Right on MS, there's men all around who get you. George there, he's right on! His video posted too, and what a coincidence there's an MS newbie and old timer ne
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.