Newest Members
AdamAnt, Henry L., Bardock, TylerZ, PhilUK
13335 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Gamgee (62), jilliant (41), montecristo (45), No_intimacy (55), thecoopstah (48)
Who's Online
4 registered (Jer, payne, 2 invisible), 77 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
13,335 Registered Members
76 Forums
69,096 Topics
481,049 Posts

Most users ever online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Classifieds
Jump to new posts Fort Worth/Dallas, TX Support by Jer @ Today at 03:08 PM

Any support groups in the Fort Worth/Dallas, TX area?
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Things boys discover by Jer @ Today at 02:59 PM

when you learn you can ride your bike faster than you older brother
Sexual Identity Issues
Jump to new posts Re: So sure I was gay... by EdfromNYC @ Today at 02:39 PM

You're definitely not mad. I had a similar experience. I also had many people try to guide me away from what you're experiencing. Your story is one that makes people very uncomfortable - the possibility of being completely wrong about being gay and
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: today by greenwizard @ Today at 02:05 PM

*trigger warning* I went back to bed and had a nightmare. My attacker was on top of me pinning my arms above my head. I was trying to fight her off, but moving, it felt like I was trying to move through thick pudding and my arms were spaghetti. W
Sexual Identity Issues
Jump to new posts Re: Masturbation Shame Discussion by iaccus @ Today at 01:04 PM

trigger warning,............. I grew up in a household where masturbation was common and open. my father, a perp, did this openly in front of us kids, and frequently during the abuse. one time I was in the backyard, I was very young, playing with it.
Health and Wellbeing
Jump to new posts Re: EMDR and me by Winterfr3sh @ Today at 12:35 PM

I hope EDMR is helpful and meets up to your expectations. If it's helpful putting some distance between you and the past trauma with bullies, soothing your long-term stress response, then great.
Health and Wellbeing
Jump to new posts Re: ANGER by txb @ Today at 12:31 PM

This is an interesting thread for me. I have felt angry on and off since I started this. I'm not really an angry person in real life. I think I'm actually a lazy person and anger feels like far too much effort? And my abusive uncle was a very angry p
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Does anybody else do this? by txb @ Today at 12:08 PM

I definitely don't think it's weird. (And fantasy and romance are two of the biggest genres in fiction, so if you're weird for liking them then so is everyone else). I want to be a writer, but I do just write the same thing over and over. Some kid (
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Self-harm *Trigger warning* by txb @ Today at 11:58 AM

I totally relate to this. Especially the jumping out of windows/throwing self in front of cars and cutting in obvious or extra painful/deadly places. I'm not sure I'm going to do those things, but it's more the fear that I might do them or that I wil
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Work related problems by txb @ Today at 11:38 AM

Thank you! I'm glad that no one thinks I'm crazy. Just with the way everyone else seemed to doubt me or dismiss me it made me feel like maybe I was. Or that I had no right to be bothered by it. We're not supposed to carry personal money at work, in
Yale Research Project
Jump to new posts Re: Third Discussion Board Question: Service Use by blacken @ Today at 10:02 AM

Basically, I was Very fortunate in that the 1st therapist I found was in my insurance network & was the right fit for me in personality, style & background/expertise. Also, the Combination of individual & facilitator led peer group thera
Yale Research Project
Jump to new posts Re: First discussion board question! by blacken @ Today at 09:54 AM

This site, yet mostly peers.
Introductions
Jump to new posts Re: Hello Everyone by Winterfr3sh @ Today at 09:42 AM

Originally Posted By greenwizardHello. I'm sorry you had it so rough growing up. I understand how important faith can be, but with a lot of the dogma out there... I don't know if this would help you or not, but I just kind of concentrated on the t
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Being validated and it's purpose by JScott12 @ Today at 09:04 AM

"I find myself always wanting to reach out but feeling restricted." This so much, I want to speak to friends and family about stuff. Give them the "real" me instead of whatever act I'm putting on. Then maybe they would understand
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Note To Self: What I Think Of You by zookeeper @ Today at 08:47 AM

Dear Me (and maybe you) Please take a moment and remember this: you value is not dependent on the opinion and actions of others. The people who hurt you were cruel and unloving, but you are not so. You are kind,compassionate and caring. There is tru
Yale Research Project
Jump to new posts Re: Fourth Discussion Question: Barriers by Tom E. @ Today at 02:02 AM

Notification of them, finding them
Yale Research Project
Thank you!
Yale Research Project
Jump to new posts Re: Please complete our survey! by Tom E. @ Today at 01:59 AM

Thanks for the info!
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Barbara Whitfield, Victim, Survivor, Thriver by greenwizard @ Today at 12:45 AM

Interesting. Not sure if I'm a victim or a survivor. I'm learning how to relax around familiar people, but strangers, I'm still on edge. I have help, but I don't feel like I deserve it. My girlfriend is a saint for putting up with me, and N, he m
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Am I broken? by greenwizard @ Today at 12:15 AM

No, I don't think anything is wrong with you. For a little while I had a friend that identified as homoromantic, but asexual. That meant he sought romantic relationships with men, but had zero interest in actual sex. I have since met a very nice w
Military Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: MST Trigers by MojaveMike @ Yesterday at 10:13 PM

That would definitely be a trigger.
Men Abused/Assaulted as Adults
Jump to new posts Re: WHAT DO OTHERS DO? IS THIS NORMAL? by MojaveMike @ Yesterday at 10:05 PM

I scheduled a Reiki Healing today, it's a big step for me. It's kind of like massage except they barely touch you. I'm not sure I'll be able to handle it. I feel ready to try though.
Books, Music & Films for Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: music describes how im feeling better than i can by LinEar @ Yesterday at 09:53 PM

Originally Posted By CeremonyWell, I thought I could stop, I'm really into this kind of thing. This song popped up, it's got meaning to me that I want to explain, like it genuinely is me who wants the partner who can relate, who can feel, who can sha
Introductions
Jump to new posts Re: Me in a nutshell by MojaveMike @ Yesterday at 09:49 PM

Thanks for having the courage to post. Hope college is going well. When the time is right take the next step forward in recovery.
Classifieds
Jump to new posts Re: Phoenix, AZ by Ceremony @ Yesterday at 08:54 PM

I just spent time looking locally here, and found one in St. Paul, Mn, and it looked interesting. It's going to stay on my radar. I agree to checking like this. There has to be stuff for us sometime. That MS and other exist is encouraging. Awarenes
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.