Newest Members
Nalh78, bs95, YutoG, Crusty75, TimCalifornia
13327 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
seedbox (62), zraver (44)
Who's Online
4 registered (New47bliss, fallingfast, mikewww, 1 invisible), 33 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
13,327 Registered Members
76 Forums
69,056 Topics
480,697 Posts

Most users ever online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Self-harm *Trigger warning* by 1islandboy @ 34 minutes 23 seconds ago

I think, we are all susceptible to self harming ourselves. I was never a cutter, but have perhaps exhibited self destructive behaviors that manifest itself, in more subtler ways. I gave up trying to figure out the whole nature/nurture thing long ag
Family and Friends
Jump to new posts Re: Husband's insecurities by greenwizard @ Today at 04:31 PM

What Ceremony suggested may help. Maybe Google articles on body issues. I know there are a ton of articles for women on the subject, but uh, men have body issues too. I know I did, and still do to an extent. I am short, and my girlfriend is an in
Books, Music & Films for Survivors
Had a pretty shitty day today now stuck in a loop listening to one of some of my favourite songs.... Placebo - The Crawl https://youtu.be/G66ZQJWP0JQ beautiful sad song the lyrics mean a lot to me Hole - Celebrity Skin https://youtu.be/O3dWBLoU--E
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: chapter 4 Whole again by Sterling @ Today at 04:17 PM

Hey Rich, hope you are doing well. I had to print out your post and read it when I was alone . Boy , was I glad I did! This is definitely one of my favorite posts. I laughed a lot when you were describing your abuser...such as when you wrote... &quo
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Progress I Have Been Told by woodenshoes @ Today at 03:22 PM

(((((Kevin))))) Progress is always good. WS
Poetry
Jump to new posts 21 years later by lumes48 @ Today at 02:23 PM

I can see myself in swirls of cloud Their swirling so blurred and heavy It’s warm in here, and I can still see out And I feel so much more like me I feel cosy and snug like I did that night When I was tucked up in bed by 7 My duvet was cute, my da
Family and Friends
Jump to new posts Re: My Partner (spouse) by HealingHope @ Today at 11:53 AM

Heck, ceremony, you made me cry!
Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: What made you feel good today? by greenwizard @ Today at 11:49 AM

The sun being out is good. I just checked the weather report, and it's supposed to be nice the next few days. This weather is really not normal for Pennsylvania in February, but I'll take it. I really don't like snow.
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: struggling to communicate by KMCINVA @ Today at 11:39 AM

JScott12 and Michael1965 We shun close contact because we believe or should I say fear the reactions of others to the repulsive act we lived. Sometimes we share when we think the moment is right--sadly it is not always the case. We then feel slighte
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Detached? by KMCINVA @ Today at 11:13 AM

Brian Good for you--taking charge. I laughed when you spoke of the flimsy cardboard box. I thought of the trunk I imagined I had locked all the memories of the abuse in. I thought I had the key and they would never escape. I guess my ironclad trun
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Envying Perpetrators by Tom E. @ Today at 01:53 AM

Hi MojaveMike--- I too have felt weak, passive, introverted all my life & wish I could have been strong & assertive instead. I blamed myself for a long time that I let the abuse happen. Now I'm getting better at not blaming myself.
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: I did it by zookeeper @ Yesterday at 11:03 PM

Good Work This is tough stuff but you can do it! Your very proud friend Zoo
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: dentist visit - Possible TRIGGERS! by greenwizard @ Yesterday at 09:46 PM

That's awesome you had that realization. My girlfriend has said the same thing to me in a way. Having a reaction to something just means I'm human and have feelings. I think society tends to teach us feelings are a female thing, but that's really
Books, Music & Films for Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Nostalgic by Ceremony @ Yesterday at 08:54 PM

Yeah, it seems I leave a lot off my play lists. Thanks for the inspiration. I had a somewhat sad summer, my girlfriend went home for the summer. She was at college when we met. It was 3 long months. I listened to Bread a lot: About a decad
Introductions
Jump to new posts Re: MojaveMike just joined by WG @ Yesterday at 08:23 PM

Hello MojaveMike - Welcome - its OK to be a bit nervous, this is all new to you. It was all new to us once so we understand. We also understand your need to be here. As manipulated said - you are not alone. We're here with you. As you begin your walk
Introductions
Jump to new posts Re: I'm new to this forum by WG @ Yesterday at 08:15 PM

I would echo what they've said - welcome. At the same time, sad you have to be here - just like us. Use the resources made available to you - I didn't think I needed any one of the ones opened to me, then discovered just how needy I was and began th

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.