Newest Members
Leelin, Max1969, rogpsm, physicsfriend, GreyGrackle
13386 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Arcotraz (28), bigsteve225 (69), Haly (56), Larrymat (71), Moving_On _Out (64), TJ jeff (45)
Who's Online
8 registered (focusedbody, john22, betrayed boy, Jer, Bryce, 2 invisible), 63 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
13,386 Registered Members
76 Forums
69,421 Topics
483,553 Posts

Most users ever online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Injuries by TylerZ @ 7 minutes 37 seconds ago

I was talking to a friend about some of my sports inuries, and as I listed them off, it got me to thinking. How many injuries has my uncle given me? So, I decided to make a list. Now, for the sake of my own humiliation, I am not going to list any sex
Books, Music & Films for Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: some song lyrics (maybe triggering) by john22 @ 36 minutes 3 seconds ago

Bear's Den: "When You Break" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-JYd7-TNyto "When You Break" Spoiled, selfish little child Went out to play out in the wild I found you shaking like a leaf Underneath your family tree You could neve
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Update: How much pain and loneliness can I stand by Elad1 @ 51 minutes 35 seconds ago

Mike, I acknowledge your strength and courage to share your fears, sometimes doing this, to say it, to write it lessens the hold it may have and to lessen the hold is a very positive step. To hear your words of encouragement and hope gives me a sen
Spirituality and Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: prayer? by KMCINVA @ Today at 09:26 PM

Lee How is your daughter doing? I hope there has been progress. Thoughts and prayers with her and your family. Kevin
Introductions
Jump to new posts Re: Hello, just joined by woodenshoes @ Today at 08:27 PM

Max1969 Truly sorry you need to be here. I hid my abuse for 40 years. It came out and I almost committed suicide over the guilt and shame. The guys here are my saviour. I still struggle some days. I hope you find the help and friendship I have.
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Sad by Jer @ Today at 07:46 PM

Thank you tommyb.
Poetry
Jump to new posts Married w Children, Al lived heavan compared to me by Ceremony @ Today at 06:23 PM

////
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Session with a therapist by Shyshark @ Today at 05:15 PM

Not to worry Dan. I was just trying to make sure you weren't feeling as though he was uncaring or/and that you had done something wrong. Most shrinks generally run through the list of less serious conditions like Personality Disorder (no offense i
Survivors of Female Abuse
Jump to new posts Re: Confrontation (Trigger warning) by gaatt @ Today at 04:08 PM

Thanks FB! Originally Posted By focusedbodyPerhaps one goal is to have a heart rate that isn't always up out of apprehension, but is present to whatever is happening. This is what is meant by variability. I like this very much. Dissociation by retr
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Thoughts on Anger by Letourski @ Today at 03:35 PM

LinEar, I couldn't access my anger for the first two years of recovery. I understood intellectually that I was fundamentally betrayed, but the emotions were under lock and key. As Magellan mentioned, it wasn't anger that I needed to feel, but the u
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Really really low by tommyb @ Today at 03:28 PM

(TylerZ) It took years for me to accept the details of all the injustice...all the aftermath. When I'm feeling unwanted feelings I allow the anger, then remind myself, You want to be angry or you want to get serious... For some reason that works fo
Poetry
Jump to new posts Re: S) Yesterday by tommyb @ Today at 02:32 PM

__________ (Wednesday, 26APR2017) 'Trees rooted in the ground don't fly. Good thing. 'Means America exists again. What if it had been a bad person getting the word out instead. Me and Johnathon Romes were brothers because we were Christian, i
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: So Lonely by Winterfr3sh @ Today at 12:23 PM

thank you all for your input and relating to me. I don't feel as alone anymore, and I learned from all of your perspectives
Men Abused/Assaulted as Adults
Jump to new posts Re: Just need help knowing the world is compassionate by physicsfriend @ Today at 11:27 AM

My field is extremely male-dominated although certainly not what I'd call "masculine" (the physical sciences is full of nerds). For what it's worth though, everyone there that knows at least something of the abuse and control that I put up

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.