Newest Members
Leelin, Max1969, rogpsm, physicsfriend, GreyGrackle
13386 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Caetel (47), jethro (37)
Who's Online
11 registered (HBUL, anonDK, Donald177, 4 invisible), 69 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
13,386 Registered Members
76 Forums
69,432 Topics
483,633 Posts

Most users ever online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: So Lonely by Elad1 @ Yesterday at 07:01 PM

Hi Winterfr3sh I understand your loneliness. I have just a few friends. My partner sometimes comments about the fact I have few friends and it makes me feel bad. I too am an introvert although my therapist thinks I'm somewhere in the middle. Becau
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: About to tell my therapist... by Winterfr3sh @ Yesterday at 06:40 PM

Hang in there physicsfriend.
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: About to tell my therapist... by manipulated @ Yesterday at 06:25 PM

Good Therapist Physics. You are strong to have shared here and there. Glad you received the validation and reinforcement even if you don't always feel the truth. Thank you for sharing your victory with us.
Family and Friends
Jump to new posts Re: How can I help him with the effects of ptsd? by dark empathy @ Yesterday at 05:12 PM

Hh ptsd is complex. As ceremony said, during major nightmares, invasive flashbacks, panic attacks etc just knowing someone else is there can help a lot, indeed on the rare few occasions I had these with my lady she was instinctively wonderful just as
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Injuries by DanielQ432 @ Yesterday at 04:41 PM

Tyler, what you went through is horrific. I don't know all of your story, obviously, just some of what you have posted here. So, I probably shouldn't even "go there" since this issue can be very traumatic for the victim and cause a lot
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Fear Throughout My Life by tommyb @ Yesterday at 04:21 PM

(Nick) That was actually pretty cool. Well put.
Introductions
Jump to new posts Re: Hello, just joined by Max1969 @ Yesterday at 03:55 PM

Thank you Jean-Pierre. It's very hard, really hard. I am feeling a lot more emotions today than i have in a long time - mostly bad things but it might really be good - at least i'm feeling something. I wrote a lot in my journal and one day if i'm
Introductions
Jump to new posts Re: New and unsure by Shyshark @ Yesterday at 03:45 PM

We are here for everybody Physicsfriend. Everybody has their own story and so by the very nature of the place there are similarities and differences. Inevitably there will be overlaps ... which is a great thing. Try to find a home and from there ...
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Injuries by Shyshark @ Yesterday at 02:41 PM

This made me cry. I'm glad you are finding some answers. I hope that you have help dealing with this ... it's a heavy load to carry alone ... and here comes the old standard ... you are not alone. ((( TylerZ ))) Sharky
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: About to tell my therapist... by payne @ Yesterday at 01:41 PM

physicsfriend, This is great news! payne
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: About to tell my therapist... by Elad1 @ Yesterday at 01:04 PM

Physicsfriend, This is great news, Its good you had a positive outcome with your disclosure, your are brave to face what your feeling and to move forward. This is also so encouraging because now there will be a platform for continued examination and
Introductions
Jump to new posts Re: Hello, just joined by une.vie.d.espoir @ Yesterday at 12:55 PM

Hi Max, All of us here no what your talking about. In certain ways do to are experience we can relate to what happen. One thing you share is how to get tho are emotions, that is what will realy help you go through. Yes it is scary yes be sure of tha
Survivors of Female Abuse
Jump to new posts Re: I can't stand being attracted to women--sort of by Ceremony @ Yesterday at 12:25 PM

There are men here on MS who share the same you've just done. I've read them around. I hope you see those too? Knowing you're not alone, not just the validation of your truth, which all of us will do, but to read others expressing the same is a power
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: About to tell my therapist... by Ceremony @ Yesterday at 12:08 PM

That's good news physicsfriend. That validation is so important. I'm sad for your situation, and hopeful the new choice you made to be vulnerable and heal will bring future reward.
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Fear Throughout My Life by bluesky @ Yesterday at 12:07 PM

My friend you are very worthy, kind, considerate and caring. Fear it can make us feal like non of those so it's always good to confirm what we know but maybe unclear of with others that know our worthiness. Keep up the strength and it will grow. Wis
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: About to tell my therapist... by physicsfriend @ Yesterday at 12:01 PM

Thanks all of you for your support. My therapist was supportive and honestly seems more convinced that I was assaulted than I even feel sometimes. The affirmation here really matters to me so thank you again!
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: About to tell my therapist... by une.vie.d.espoir @ Yesterday at 11:55 AM

Hi im Jean-Pierre, If your therapist dismiss what hapend to you CHANGE IMMEDIALTY of therapist. Its a life and death situation. You want to live no ? Best wish from the bottom of my heart.
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: About to tell my therapist... by Ceremony @ Yesterday at 11:30 AM

You posted while I was doing the music thread I write in a lot. I'm sorry I missed your call for support. "Physicsfriend" your truths are indeed valid, they affect you! I believe your dealing with all that, and more, and want the therapist
Health and Wellbeing
Jump to new posts Re: EMDR and me by Ceremony @ Yesterday at 11:18 AM

Hi Max1969, and welcome to MS, I've noticed you. Lately I'm overwhelmed and don't want to drag others down. I can find myself in a moment, unable, or not ready to write what I think my true nature desires. So, I stave off and punt for some better tim
Survivors of Female Abuse
Jump to new posts Rare video talking about the female sexual abuser by George @ Yesterday at 11:11 AM

I just stumbled onto this now and thought it would be of interest to some here. I found it very enlightening about how it's not just men abusing, but women too. I didn't find it triggering. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qQhEv9Ov7nQ
Poetry
Jump to new posts Re: U) Yesterday by tommyb @ Yesterday at 11:00 AM

Jump to new posts Re: Music influnces, songs and talk. by Ceremony @ Yesterday at 10:51 AM

I'm sorry, stating what I did up there with that Bread album is dismissive sexualities that might be supportive of me and I haven't the sexuality to connect to other than females. But, I love all good people. I've a rage toward bullies, and a desire
Health and Wellbeing
Jump to new posts Re: EMDR and me by Max1969 @ Yesterday at 10:45 AM

Thanks Ceremony for putting providing all this information. I've been doing a little research into EMDR recently but I'm scared because I've read that it can trigger some bad memories and if the therapist isn't too skilled you can have problems. Al
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.