Newest Members
Bardock, TylerZ, PhilUK, tobefree151, firethatwounds
13333 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Czaesar72 (45), fff123 (22), Jose (60), Paul68 (49)
Who's Online
4 registered (Bardock, TylerZ, 2 invisible), 38 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
13,333 Registered Members
76 Forums
69,079 Topics
480,839 Posts

Most users ever online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Whole again chapter 1 by BDD @ Today at 06:09 PM

Rich, I will need to come back to this again and again. I am a slow reader and this is so packed and fish. Thank you for writing it, your words are strong and true.
Introductions
Jump to new posts Re: My introduction by Ceremony @ Today at 06:00 PM

Hello tobefree151, Welcome. There's a wide range of work going on around the forum and chat. There is also a Yale study at present. It's seen most easily in the Forum List near the top. Take your time about stuff like that. I'm just drawing your atte
Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: What made you feel good today? by Ceremony @ Today at 05:47 PM

True Kevin, I've had rare, but very real physical actions from nightmares. There's only one that remains vivid. I woke up lashing out, my wife had to scoot away, I was so physical. Not intentional, just lashing out without knowing. It's made me very
U.S. & World News
Originally Posted By Chase EricThere has been a news story in our community yesterday regarding a child molestation at a local park. A friend of mine, who happens to be a big fan of Milo, had quite a discussion about the molestation, with everyone s
Male Survivors
Thank you everyone. It is strange how revelations of the abuse come to us. Nightmares and flashbacks are debilitating for me. I did speak with the doctor and he said many people derive meaning from their nightmares and flashbacks. They bring one bac
Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: What made you feel good today? by KMCINVA @ Today at 04:51 PM

Iaccus That is a powerful description--get rid of the shotgun! Nightmares and shotguns do not go hand in hand. Kevin
Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: What made you feel good today? by iaccus @ Today at 04:49 PM

waking from a nightmare and feeling the cold steel of my shotgun in my hand, or the muzzle of my dog warm against my neck.
Gay/Bi/Trans Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Sometimes I feel... by Chase Eric @ Today at 04:04 PM

We may have similar stories, Tom. By the time I was molested at 12, I may have been bisexual, possibly even gay. But I never had an opportunity to explore that on my own terms - my sexuality was explored on HIS terms. When he was done with me some
Health and Wellbeing
Jump to new posts Re: ANGER by Ceremony @ Today at 03:20 PM

Hello, I've a lot of experience with anger. From 16-ish to now. Too many stories about what I think, so... Ok, The most important thing to me at present is my anger of perception. The perceived threats of real vs imagined. I'm going to be working o
Introductions
Jump to new posts Re: New here by Winterfr3sh @ Today at 03:15 PM

Hey Donald, Great to meet you. Thanks for your welcome, and thanks for sharing your story. Hope that you find healing and love here like I am, too.
Introductions
Jump to new posts Re: Me in a nutshell by Ceremony @ Today at 03:07 PM

Welcome TylerZ, I think your perception of the mix here is likely correct. However, I'm sure other 20 somethings read or post here. I'm glad reading has encouraged you to reach out and consider reflecting and working on the trauma experiences. Ther
Health and Wellbeing
Jump to new posts Re: ANGER by KMCINVA @ Today at 02:54 PM

Anger is something I have buried and turned it on myself. I have difficulty in getting my anger out. It can be destructive. I have found my anger was compounded with guilt and shame and directed at myself. My T always said I was self abusing and this
Health and Wellbeing
Jump to new posts ANGER by Winterfr3sh @ Today at 02:44 PM

Hey survivors: I have been visiting a therapist. It's been about 8 months, and very slowly, he has helped me get in touch with my anger. What are your experiences with anger? How do you view it? When did you feel angry during your recovery? Do yo
Introductions
Jump to new posts My introduction by tobefree151 @ Today at 02:44 PM

Hi All, i am a survivor of sex abuse, i was abused from the age of 7 to the age of 13 by different people and i have been dealing with the effects ever since. I am glad to find a platform where i can for the first time share my story and learn from
Introductions
Jump to new posts Re: Me in a nutshell by Donald177 @ Today at 02:42 PM

Welcome Tyler. I am so sorry for your abuse. You will find this is a safe place to share when you feel comfortable. You will receive so much support. I want to say that "sucking it up" will not last long. I am 43 years old and I am final
Introductions
Jump to new posts Me in a nutshell by TylerZ @ Today at 02:05 PM

I've spent a lot of time reading other peoples posts and working up the courage to write mine. The stuff that happened to me was on going from 8 years old up until two years ago. I know that a lot of you are in your 30s, 40s, and 50s and have establi
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Whole again chapter 1 by jas4159 @ Today at 01:58 PM

Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: The boy warrior by jas4159 @ Today at 01:58 PM

thanks Elad1. i also like Tao Te Ching.
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: my message to all abusers by jas4159 @ Today at 01:55 PM

thanks everyone. I am really touched.
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: chapter 4 Whole again by jas4159 @ Today at 01:48 PM

Thank u james. and no problem with the humor. it is kinda funny. but i am glad it touched u. there are fourteenn more chapters that i will post over time. or u can read it in its entirety. copy and paste the link below. it was an incredible tri
Poetry
Jump to new posts Re: Questions with no answers. by tommyb @ Today at 01:03 PM

(tryingtolive)
Poetry
Jump to new posts Re: 21 years later by tommyb @ Today at 01:02 PM

(lumes48)
Poetry
Jump to new posts Re: Bri by tommyb @ Today at 01:02 PM

(BDD)
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Celibate for life by oic @ Today at 12:40 PM

(((MohaveMike))) I agree with (((greenwizard))) and (((Kevin))). This stuff got so confusing for me I once even considered surgical or chemical castration to ensure celibacy & after being counseled against that by another here who once considere
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Celibate for life by KMCINVA @ Today at 12:33 PM

MojaveMike Take your time on a decision like this one. The abuse can either cause one to be over sexual or under sexual. It is how we think of sex and ourselves. The abuse distorts our view of sex. Many act out either consciously or subconsciously
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.