Newest Members
Pyro, crabtree22, vsimiola, mcw, amyellis
13261 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
heart (57), IamGeordi (51), silvercitybuzz (25), TK (43), wandering (44)
Who's Online
3 registered (Broknwings, focusedbody, 1 invisible), 43 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
13,261 Registered Members
75 Forums
68,749 Topics
478,533 Posts

Most users ever online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Problem with emotions by Ceremony @ 34 minutes 8 seconds ago

Hi Brian, might be a medicine reaction. I used to take time release Depression medication to have some feelings. It worked pretty well and I stuck with the same one for maybe 6 years. I've been off for something like 8 yrs now, but Today, I miss it.
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Trigger warning, from overwrought emotions! by Ceremony @ 39 minutes 42 seconds ago

Thank you John and Kevin, it's kind of you to share your thoughts.
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Problem with emotions by zookeeper @ Today at 03:32 PM

Hey guys I have noticed the past few days that the depression has kind of morphed into what the T is calling "Emotional Blunting". Have any of you who suffer PTSD or C-PTSD heard of this before? I feel like I'm in neutral and the engine is
Classifieds
Jump to new posts Looking to start Sussex Co NJ peer support group by George @ Today at 02:42 PM

I've been interested in starting a Mens CSA peer to peer support group in the area (which has nothing of the like) for a while now. This is the Sussex CO NJ, Pike Co PA & Orange CO NY area. There would be no fees as no doctor would be involved.
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: disturbing doctors follow up visit by KMCINVA @ Today at 02:39 PM

Iaccus Glad to hear--doctors can be so insensitive at times. Good luck with your therapy decision. Kevin
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: disturbing doctors follow up visit by iaccus @ Today at 02:25 PM

just a follow-up post. the cipro that the initial emergency room doctor provided under the diagnosis of prostatitis seems to be working well. my symptoms appear to be going away. looks like maybe it wasn't " all in my head " as that other d
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Trigger warning, from overwrought emotions! by KMCINVA @ Today at 01:22 PM

Ceremony I understand where you are coming from. I live with the startling noises and they overwhelm me. The other day I was with people and I jumped, they looked at me and asked what is wrong. I heard a voice, the accent and tone so similar to one
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Trigger warning, from overwrought emotions! by john22 @ Today at 01:03 PM

Ceremony I'm sorry for your hardship at the moment. Although I think it's not really helpful to compare your abuse with someone else. I know it's the human nature to compare, but it's not helpful. A lot of the stories here seem to be worse then mine
Family and Friends
Jump to new posts Re: Post Holiday Thoughts...and some Amazement and JOY by WontGiveUp @ Today at 12:59 PM

Thanks all of you! I hope that this is just the tip of the iceberg, that its just the start of rumblings in his takeoff. I definitely struggle still with all of it, trying to maintain my walls. I really am proud of him though. And I hope this f
Family and Friends
Jump to new posts Re: An interesting cartoon from the web about shame by WontGiveUp @ Today at 12:56 PM

I am bumping this post because that cartoon is brilliant. While I get the complaints that it doesnt include male victims - the way I took it was the story of a SPECIFIC victim, since it was the same female character, and same male silhouette. That
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Trigger warning, from overwrought emotions! by Ceremony @ Today at 12:32 PM

Not in a good place! Terribly upset! There is nothing good about me really. I'll fail, it's what I'm best at. Being rejected, living a worthless life. I see why people go deep, and deeper, having fits like this. I have good intentions, but no o
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: couldn't say it better myself by Ceremony @ Today at 12:21 PM

I'm very sad MarkK. Very unhappy, and there's a sense of failure that grips my stomach and rips into me. You and Kevin have posted about us. I'm in it deep. I've been wanting to quit everything. It's kinda new to look into a pit of nothingness
Family and Friends
Jump to new posts Re: The thing I can't forgive by WontGiveUp @ Today at 12:06 PM

Sugarbaby.... me too. Me too. I wish I could hug you, I wish I could tell you I have the answer. But the answer is different for everyone. I can say that letting go has helped me. My husband did the same and does the same thing to me. I am the
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Therapy material by Ceremony @ Today at 11:49 AM

I'm unhappy to read this Kevin. I knew by intuition that this is my reality, but haven't seen it analyzed like this: Quote:...To people who are reliving a trauma, nothing makes sense; they are trapped in a life-or-death situation, a state of paralyzi
Family and Friends
Jump to new posts Re: is love enough? by WontGiveUp @ Today at 10:46 AM

Luke, Thank you so much for chiming in here.... Honestly, you seem like a unicorn :-). Rare and special! Reading your posts, I am always amazed at your perspective, your bravery (and yes, that is 100% what it is to put your self in a place where yo
Family and Friends
Jump to new posts Re: is love enough? by Ceremony @ Today at 10:38 AM

Being a failure, as much as knowing the same as you Luke (I don't love myself), the hurt I inflict on myself is deep. I read from others here, their guilt about making others suffer from the self inflicted derision, worthlessness, and failure thinkin
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Therapy material by KMCINVA @ Today at 10:21 AM

Words from The Body Keeps the Score were shared with me very recently to help me see where I am and why I attempted what I did. I have not read the book but was directed to a site for more information. I do need to get the book and read. I have rea
Family and Friends
Jump to new posts The thing I can't forgive by sugarbaby @ Today at 10:20 AM

I need to put some tough feelings down somewhere so I'm back here after a long absense. So, off my chest with this..... I struggle with things I cannot forgive. I suppose it's because I WANT to forgive them but I can't find my way to that place. I'
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: disturbing doctors follow up visit by George @ Today at 10:15 AM

As Bowierocks stated, with obamacare comes the portability of your healthcare, all of it. There is a computor program (cerner) all the doctors offices, hospitals & labs must use so your history is at any of your doctors fingertips, and who kno
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Therapy material by Rdphish73 @ Today at 09:50 AM

I second the recommendation of the book, "The Body Keeps the Score". Great and informative book!
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: in a weird place at the moment by Rdphish73 @ Today at 09:47 AM

Thanks for sharing this. I can relate to making my girlfriend my emotional punching bag. It sucks ass. I believe I do that because in an odd Catch 22 situation, she experiences all of my negative emotions because she's the ONLY one I am comforta
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts couldn't say it better myself by MarkK @ Today at 09:32 AM

Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Reflection and Hopefully A Healing One by Ceremony @ Today at 09:23 AM

You're managing that heroically. I'm embarrassed my venting is so puerile and raging tantrum. With a huge effort, you talk through last night. Lastly noting you're "bland". That must be an effect of shutting down the pain? I'm glad you had
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Reflection and Hopefully A Healing One by KMCINVA @ Today at 08:32 AM

Thank you. I fell asleep last night and woke in a panic, my body was clenching, thoughts kept running through my head. I did something I never had. I have the Hotline number and I called. I felt that feeling from last week coming on and did not wan
Family and Friends
Jump to new posts Re: is love enough? by dark empathy @ Today at 07:01 AM

Alternative view here. For me at least, love was and is enough. I was in the most god awful mess (see some of my posts from pre last august), I got out of that mess thanks to the fact that my lady, who is now my wife loves me and I love her. &quo
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.