Newest Members
FruManChu, Alex D., jgraham, Eggshells, Mk89
13417 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
CafeMan (44), Charlie24 (33), nivekld75 (42), oudista (65), reesersgrl (52), vicky33 (52)
Who's Online
4 registered (Stop, Cardinal01, 2 invisible), 74 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
13,417 Registered Members
75 Forums
69,506 Topics
484,784 Posts

Most users ever online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Poetry
Jump to new posts Expression by Tryingtolive @ 33 minutes 20 seconds ago

I never truly express myself. Hence why Iam by myself. Being so emotionless. Not even realizing it. Avoiding everyone and everything. Things I like. People who care about me. Lost most of my interest. Still no expression. This fucking deep depression
Books, Music & Films for Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Music influnces, songs and talk. by dac @ Yesterday at 11:48 PM

I think this is great music, Ceremony. My like techno dub beats kind of stuff, Ott, Shpongle, sort of psychedelic things. I went to an Infected Mushroom concert a couple of years ago that was a blast. I lived in Seattle during the grunge phase so I k
Jump to new posts Re: Music influnces, songs and talk. by Ceremony @ Yesterday at 11:35 PM

I'm an aggressive mind, in this brain, I go to some places that would seem dark, but are adrenaline of a different sort. It's physical for sure, but the waves of being me get into this music. I wish someone besides a couple of college buddies I knew
Jump to new posts Re: Music influnces, songs and talk. by Ceremony @ Yesterday at 11:27 PM

I've posted this song before, but not this version. I'm in the mood. This past weekend has been something like old days of wanting to shut off thinking, but that failed. There's a lot going on in this f'ing mind and listening to my favorite songs goe
Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Our user names and avatars how did we choose them by Ceremony @ Yesterday at 11:19 PM

My moniker is chosen because of the song "Ceremony" by the band from the UK, New Order. They were once Joy Division, but with the passing of Ian (triggering), the 3 remaining members chose to start their own band with a 4th. They've evolved
Poetry
Jump to new posts Re: zOmBiEs ...***WARNING: Triggers (and zombies)*** by Ceremony @ Yesterday at 10:55 PM

Like Tom E. I see that journey. To me, it is very well written to explain the complexity of how circumstances shape reality. I can see the "Eulogy" much better, and it was difficult until you wrote this. My things get in the way... and seei
Survivors of Female Abuse
Jump to new posts Re: A Feminist Sticks Up For Men Like Shia LeBeouf by Ceremony @ Yesterday at 10:51 PM

To me, I think that's a very appropriate topic article. I know it's triggering, and it's a difficult topic, yet, I've gotten a stubborn advocacy trait built in me, or something I'm labeling as that. Whatever is working in my mind about what happens t
Jump to new posts Re: A Feminist Sticks Up For Men Like Shia LeBeouf by traveler @ Yesterday at 10:49 PM

Thank you. I found this article very helpful. Lee
Family and Friends
Jump to new posts Re: Confused..... by greenwizard @ Yesterday at 10:44 PM

I would say just keep trying to be patient, as others have said. I think he is probably not dealing with it because he is not ready. I am not a victim of csa. I was an adult, and it was two events. Still, most of the time I deal by pretending it
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Wearing Depression About the Head, Neck, and Shoul by batman72 @ Yesterday at 10:25 PM

Great advice. If you're like me, start off simple. Take a walk and get out to nature. I know that I should take som of this advice too
Poetry
Jump to new posts Re: zOmBiEs ...***WARNING: Triggers (and zombies)*** by Tom E. @ Yesterday at 09:50 PM

Very very heavy, very real, I can understand the intensity of your feelings, & the shutting down of them later. What sadness & betrayal & a kind of death inside. I'm sorry you had to experience all of that .. how a friendship became disea
Jump to new posts A Feminist Sticks Up For Men Like Shia LeBeouf by Chris4TheMill @ Yesterday at 09:23 PM

[Warning: Triggers - Topic Deals With Men Raped By Women] Guys, I found this article, it was published in 2015 but is still very relevant and somewhat encouraging if you can handle reading it. In the article, a self-proclaimed feminist named Da
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Eulogy for My Molester by Elad1 @ Yesterday at 07:43 PM

Thank you Eric for sharing this eulogy that is so haunting yet profound and truthful. Your graced of knowledge to your pain, your story...the truth stands affirmed. Elad
Male Survivors
That is great advice, Elad... I am going to use it in my own life, thank you
Male Survivors
High Wreckage, I'm sorry your feeling depressed. I am glad you are honoring how you feel and to have the courage to talk and ask for help. Here are some suggestions: 1.First thing...drink some water, listen to your body. 2. Write a Grateful List:
Male Survivors
Wreckage, I hope this is just an temporary episode for you, but if it's not, don't loose hope. I've been hunched over since I was a teenager. It wasn't "lazy" posture, it was an expression of all the weight I felt, all the shame I carried
Poetry
Jump to new posts Re: In the roots by tommyb @ Yesterday at 05:45 PM

(tryingtolive)
Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Our user names and avatars how did we choose them by Free Radical @ Yesterday at 05:25 PM

this is very helpful and healing...it makes me very sad to read the stories behind the names and avatars of men who i never see on the site...i wish they could be here giving us...the golden key to get out of the pain and mess... my name appealed to
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Wearing Depression About the Head, Neck, and Shoul by Shyshark @ Yesterday at 05:09 PM

Hi wreckage. Being Bipolar I know all about depression. It happens to me even when there's no reason so it's hard to take. If this is a now and again kind of thing you just have to work through it. The guys have given some good advice. If music is
Poetry
Jump to new posts zOmBiEs ...***WARNING: Triggers (and zombies)*** by Chase Eric @ Yesterday at 04:44 PM

..............Zombies You were the big boy I picked as my big brother .......And you picked me, too. 'cuz let's face it - who wouldn't? We had the kind of love that we were supposed to have .......Not kissy and stuff - you know just love You are
Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Our user names and avatars how did we choose them by physicsfriend @ Yesterday at 04:32 PM

Mine is just a picture I took of myself for this forum. I'm half hiding my face, primarily for privacy, but also because I feel this part of me is still shameful and something I feel obligated to keep hidden.
Family and Friends
Jump to new posts Re: Confused..... by Eggshells @ Yesterday at 04:16 PM

Thanks for the encouragement, James and Jean-Pierre. It means a lot, since I have no one to discuss this with. No therapist, no family...but this is my family now. I am so grateful for you and this site, even if you don't really know me, we have a co
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Wearing Depression About the Head, Neck, and Shoul by Tom E. @ Yesterday at 04:12 PM

Hi wreckage I KNOW depression too. Walking is a good suggestion. Eating something. Drinking water is important, read something inspiring. Listen to your favorite music. Go on youtube & look for comedians. Exercise. Call someone trusted &
Jump to new posts Re: A different kind of goodbye... by Tom E. @ Yesterday at 04:01 PM

Good song.. I understand your mixed feelings for your abuser. Some of my abusers were "friends" too. The only friends I had at the time. They were ok, until it turned ugly. I guess at the time I felt that going thru some shit was better tha
Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: i love you by Tom E. @ Yesterday at 03:49 PM

Sterling, Who is bilie?
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.