Newest Members
UniversalBeing, Squirmish20, Cunobelin, Dean-GMoT, hunterprince
13497 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
dandewey (54), jarrett (45), Jolly Giant (64), MPackard (54), TheLordSavedMe (46), YutoG (27)
Who's Online
3 registered (LinEar, 2 invisible), 89 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
13,497 Registered Members
75 Forums
70,061 Topics
489,094 Posts

Most users ever online: 418 @ 07/02/12 11:29 AM
Twitter
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Books, Music & Films for Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: some song lyrics (maybe triggering) by LinEar @ 33 minutes 28 seconds ago

Glen Phillips - Courage I get so much out of this song; it can be a little upsetting, it can help the tears to flow -- it can also be comforting, uplifting, and make me feel very pensive and insightful. Lyrics: At the start of the conversatio
Health and Wellbeing
Jump to new posts Re: medication side effects by usmc97 @ 49 minutes 19 seconds ago

Yes, I did. I read the paper and found even more online last week that the paper didn't mention. All this time I was wondering what was going on with me. The med has just done a lot of bad triggering things that I don't know how to really cope with.
Jump to new posts Re: Compassion by LinEar @ 54 minutes 23 seconds ago

That's a good idea, AuthenticMe. I have a lot of trouble looking at any photos of myself as a kid. Hated to have my picture taken for years after the abuse. Been working with my inner child in therapy and this is definitely something I'm going to bri
Health and Wellbeing
Jump to new posts Re: medication side effects by Chris4TheMill @ 59 minutes 8 seconds ago

Have you looked up the listed side effects of the medication and compared with what you are seeing in yourself? It is good to gather as many facts as possible and bring them with you. Would you be able to see a doctor outside of the VA? Or is the
Military Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: VA ECHCS by usmc97 @ Today at 03:41 AM

I didn't find anyone when I looked for someone with that title online, I'll have to ask someone this week. thank you
Health and Wellbeing
Jump to new posts medication side effects by usmc97 @ Today at 03:36 AM

I'm scared. I've been on a new medication for a few weeks now, I've had no one monitoring it. No physician, therapist, or psychiatrist courtesy of the VA's jacked up ways. The side effects were super bad physically and mentally. It took over two week
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: It's been a while by Ceremony @ Today at 03:30 AM

I've been sharing an App I found, for help calming me. If you want to look at it, I got it through Google store, it's free and called "Be Here Now". I like it, so, maybe it'll be something to help a little?
Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Good Work-Out Music? by Chris4TheMill @ Today at 02:48 AM

Hey Will, thanks so much for reminding me about Queensryche! I pulled a bunch of their songs as well as from other bands that sound similar. They were missing from my playlist. I also have some Linkin Park....but while I like some of the other 9
Sexual Identity Issues
Jump to new posts Re: How have other people shaped your sexual identity? by Chris4TheMill @ Today at 02:42 AM

Oh, I should have been more clear...this is not me now. It was for a long time though. But I no longer let anyone on earth dictate who I am or what my thoughts or feelings should be. At least to the extent that I am aware of such happening. I
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: It's been a while by BFree27 @ Today at 01:32 AM

Ugh, I just realized how snarky I was. General apologies. Anyways. Yeah the seizures are troubling. It really sucks because I had to leave an amazing job, involved transferring people and I could really hurt someone. I'm actually on 2 medications rig
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: It's been a while by Ceremony @ Today at 01:01 AM

Hi BFree, that's a lot to have on your plate... I can relate to the experience of being overwhelmed. It's good you're still somewhat motivated in the face of so much to do, so many decisions to work with. I'm worried, as you are, about what's the u
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: It's been a while by BFree27 @ Today at 12:49 AM

Thank you very much, we haven't "trained" them to do shit. If we don't give them the money they move on to the next child. Both of us think it's better that we do it than any of the others. But please, go on thinking that I'm a fucked up pe
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: What If... by genedebs @ Yesterday at 11:47 PM

Hi BDD What if, My mother asked if I liked being penetrated, I said no it hurt. She said then you are O K. I know other stories where the person (victim) was beaten for saying such terrible things about the priest. I wish I were more hopeful abo
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: It's been a while by genedebs @ Yesterday at 11:32 PM

Hi BFree27, You know you are training your in laws to"fail" so they can be saved by you. This is fucked up. You already know this. The pagan thing doesn't seem to be a problem. You need professional help (doctor, nuerologist) Seizures c
Sexual Identity Issues
Jump to new posts Re: How have other people shaped your sexual identity? by Jay1946 @ Yesterday at 10:53 PM

Don't let anyone else define your own sexuality. You're the only one that can name your feelings and emotions. Your question, though, is a very interesting one.In my case, I reached puberty in the late 1950's when being gay could get you killed. I'm
Jump to new posts Re: Compassion by AuthenticMe @ Yesterday at 09:52 PM

One of the things that I did to help develop self-compassion was to put a picture of myself around the time of the abuse and contemplate how innocent and blameless I was. I would just take a few moments everyday and send love to little me. This for
Introductions
Jump to new posts Re: Re-Introduction by AuthenticMe @ Yesterday at 09:40 PM

Thanks, Ws. Happy to be of service. See you around the forum.
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts It's been a while by BFree27 @ Yesterday at 07:45 PM

Hey gents! I honestly have no idea how long it's been since I was on here last. Hope everyone is doing alright, that summer is treating you well, and that all of our new folk are enjoying themselves/finding the support they were looking for here. I
Survivors of Female Abuse
Jump to new posts Re: Body Language by SubtleStuff @ Yesterday at 05:54 PM

Hi James, Originally Posted By SterlingI have heard but not have done personally... desensitization... I'm not convinced that desensitization is what I'm really looking for. Sensitivity and Love are closely connected in my understanding. I tend to
Discussion Board Questions
Jump to new posts Re: I'd like to get in touch with a greeter by Alonso @ Yesterday at 05:33 PM

Thank you, Jeff, just sent you a message.
Introductions
Jump to new posts Re: Finally by Bluedogone @ Yesterday at 05:30 PM

Hi Cave Dweller - Welcome I'm glad you're here, and hope you'll continue to write, and I agree with you, that your writing will make a change for the better. Both for you and isolation, and also for us as we share your writing. Best wishes Blue
Sexual Identity Issues
Jump to new posts Re: How have other people shaped your sexual identity? by Bluedogone @ Yesterday at 05:20 PM

The attitudes toward sexual orientation have changed so much in the last 20 or 30 years that a comparison between then and now is fairly meaningless. But I'm positive my early sexual identity was shaped entirely by the attitude of peers. My first (A
Poetry
Jump to new posts Re: When are they gonna pay by Alonso @ Yesterday at 05:16 PM

You're right, I almost hijacked your thread, sorry about that. As you know I'm new here and still getting used to the forums. Would you like to continue the discussion in a more suitable thread?
Military Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: VA ECHCS by iaccus @ Yesterday at 04:49 PM

have you considered calling your state military sexual assault representative? they are advocates for victims who deal with the military in particular. my wife has been dealing with them for a while. she says she was referred to them by the represent
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Wedding kicked up a lot of interesting feelings. by dark empathy @ Yesterday at 04:46 PM

Thanks Dave, though I do confess it rather feels difficult to ascribe this to myself being as it just happened. Right now I'm struggling with motivation and the belief that I can actually change anything about my own life, that and moving house and
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.