Newest Members
Max1969, rogpsm, physicsfriend, GreyGrackle, Super Conductor
13385 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
casey (48), flaredsoul (34), Madcap (32), susie24 (62)
Who's Online
8 registered (Jer, traveler, HBUL, DanielQ432, GreyGrackle, 1 invisible), 68 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
13,385 Registered Members
76 Forums
69,402 Topics
483,401 Posts

Most users ever online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts So Lonely by Winterfr3sh @ 9 seconds ago

Anybody else introverted? Anyone else who knows they "should" put himself out there and go socialize, but it's so hard and too much effort so you just stay alone? Do you beat yourself up for it? I just left home for the first time, on my
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Painful Day by KMCINVA @ 6 minutes 35 seconds ago

I had a very long discussion with someone at the Diocese today. It was a heartfelt discussion on both sides. They said something that means so much to me. This person works with survivors and takes them through different processes in the Diocese as
Introductions
Jump to new posts Re: New by GreyGrackle @ 43 minutes 52 seconds ago

Thank you to all, it's appreciated as I begin this journey; it's wonderful to know I am not alone in this, GG
Spirituality and Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: prayer? by woodenshoes @ 52 minutes 23 seconds ago

Lee Glad to hear your daughter is feeling better. Hoping and praying for her to get all her memory back. Look after your precious daughter and your family. Ws
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Dream by Free Radical @ Today at 07:57 PM

i have dreamed a dream that replays my abuse almost every night for the last four years. This makes sense to me.
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Romantic/sexual abuse from sister? *triggers by Ceremony @ Today at 07:56 PM

Share as you can physicsfriend, listening is one of the things done here on MS. I hear you. I believe you. I know the men here believe you. I understand the narcissism, the gas lighting, and I'm sorry your older sister was so invasive. she certainly
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: What might you do with freezing fear for life? by Ceremony @ Today at 07:39 PM

Thanks for adding greenwizard and Shyshark. Your support helps a lot. I think the creepy feeling ebbed very slowly today, and I rested all of today. Maybe a 30 min. nap too. I tried belly breathing, having read that helps. I'm sure now that it's anxi
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Dream by Ceremony @ Today at 07:36 PM

Hi Tom E. Somewhere, and I'm sorry I don't recall, I read a bit about memory recall. I took from it a mixed result, in that the dreams or memories are not going to always be a fixed, solid recall. I have one memory failure of being molested. It was w
Introductions
Jump to new posts Re: New by Older1 @ Today at 07:17 PM

A great starter book is by Mike Lew, called Victims No Longer. It introduces the many forms of abuse, the vocabulary and describes some of the consequences. Excellent book. It is available in many public libraries.
Male Survivors
Physicsfriend, I'm sorry for what you are experiencing, this is extremely heavy stuff and I am glad your here. Your message resonates with us loud and clear. Although we all arrive here with different experiences, we share so much of the shame, t
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Romantic/sexual abuse from sister? *triggers by New47bliss @ Today at 06:54 PM

I think it's understandable both your feelings of disgust on one hand and enjoying the sexual memories on the other. Although not my sister I was sexually used by a female family member, my mom and now I go through the same feelings as you have. I ve
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Dream by Tom E. @ Today at 03:40 PM

I had a disturbing dream this morning. I saw myself as a little boy maybe as young as 5... I had a shirt on but my pants & underwear were down, or completely off. I was with an adult man who stood in front of me and his pants and underwear were d
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: that voice by traveler @ Today at 02:45 PM

Originally Posted By greenwizardThat actually sounds like a good idea. Although, I would also have a lot of trouble sorting the truths from the lies. I've seen myself as a worthless piece of gutter trash my whole life, and the way others treated me
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: What might you do with freezing fear for life? by Shyshark @ Today at 02:39 PM

I think green is right about it being an anxiety attack. You don't seem to be exhibiting the classic 'fight or flight' response that comes with a panic attack. Panic attacks are often irrational and intense and of a shorter nature. Anxiety is chron
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Romantic/sexual abuse from sister? *triggers by physicsfriend @ Today at 01:56 PM

I don't think I'm quite ready to tell my whole story in the Survivor Stories yet, so I figured I'd start here. It'll be long enough. My main romantic/sexual abuser in my life was my 2-years-older sister. That's something I've taken a long time to ad
Survivors of Female Abuse
Hi L2R, Sorry to hear that you feel sad about losing your show. I've had very similar experiences. I tend to react in high stress ways to many very subtly sexualized social environments and shows. I just take it as part of my healing process, back
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: What might you do with freezing fear for life? by greenwizard @ Today at 01:35 PM

It definitely sounds like anxiety to me. I've been battling the beast since my mid teens. Medication helped me. Of course, I still have issues and have to try and learn to calm my mind. Breathe deep and tell myself my brain is wrong. Some days a
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: What might you do with freezing fear for life? by Ceremony @ Today at 12:51 PM

It can be real then, thank you Kevin and physicsfriend. It seems to add fear, wondering if there's no answer? I had a panic attack once, and it was as physicsfriend described, but this has seemed different. So, anxiety attack might be what it is? I w
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: What might you do with freezing fear for life? by physicsfriend @ Today at 12:37 PM

It sounds like you may be experiencing an anxiety or panic attack. Attacks can cause rapid heart rate, dizziness, a feeling of crawling skin, an feeling like you are in a fog or getting tunnel vision, inability to focus, tingling hands and feet, sho
Family and Friends
Jump to new posts Re: Can love be healed?*Triggers* by HealingHope @ Today at 12:17 PM

Thank you, Daniel What's struck me from your words are two profound thoughts. Firstly that you are testament that love really can be healed through steady recovery, self discovery, and courage to face your fears and prepare yourslf to love again, r
Male Survivors
Ceremony Fear can be crippling. For me I learned my fear had root in my anxiety and depression. I would be immobilized. I lived in this state on and off for many many years. Recently I had over 9 months of this feeling-just sitting, staring and scar
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts What might you do with freezing fear for life? by Ceremony @ Today at 11:56 AM

I have a strange panic today. Fear seems in all my thoughts. Thinking of calling my part time job is all fear. Thinking of looking for a new job is all fear. Writing this seems weak and won't solicit more than "man up dude!" I'm distracting
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: that voice by greenwizard @ Today at 11:18 AM

I like the leaf idea, and may try it. Of course, I have a similar problem that you do, with the anxiety those thoughts are like dozens of battering rams on any wall of peace I try to put up. I will definitely try to focus more on the positive. I
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: that voice by physicsfriend @ Today at 10:41 AM

It makes sense that you'd feel that way. A lot of the guidance that I find on handling negative self-talk, anxiety, etc focuses on countering the negative messages with positive ones. Unfortunately, this doesn't work as well for those of us who tru
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: that voice by KMCINVA @ Today at 10:10 AM

Greenwizard That voice can haunt--it comes out of no where and takes our minds to negative places as well as to the abuse. I have it and I am learning to retrain how I think so as not to let it control in a negative way. We learned to think this wa
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.