Newest Members
jez, Long Way Home, Bcbornleo, Orko, molander
13593 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
flea (50), Gnuff (29), Stray (48)
Who's Online
1 registered (traveler), 37 Guests and 7 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
13,593 Registered Members
75 Forums
70,687 Topics
493,730 Posts

Most users ever online: 418 @ 07/02/12 11:29 AM
Twitter
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Sexual Wellbeing by BDD @ Today at 10:52 AM

I struggle with touch and intimacy. I saw a TED talk that brought me to tears https://youtu.be/HILY0wWBlBM . In the short video she presents an exercise to help move you closer to your autentic sexaul wellbeing. She talks about the door between yo
Male Survivors
I told on myself in therapy today. I said I had been getting into some social media and responding to deniers. I'll step away from that, because in talking about it, the Fawn Response took on more merit. I've decided that there is a lot of merit in t
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: How do you know when your are healed? by Greg56 @ Today at 01:43 AM

some of the statements that have been made have made their point with me. In almost every situation I get involved in...the first thing I do is ask "what was my part in causing this". The second question is obviously: "what do I need
Books, Music & Films for Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Music influnces, songs and talk. by LinEar @ Today at 01:25 AM

Thanks Ceremony. The Cranberries are full of 90s memories for me! The arrangement of Ode To My Family always got to me, in a good, emotional way.
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Good vs Bad Therapists by UniversalBeing @ Today at 12:46 AM

@Echoes you are minimizing the impact she had on you. Although she did not go to the extent that other perps went, she was in a position of authority and trust and she used her power over you. A person in a position of power such as a therapist can i
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: what do you fear the most? by oriolesguy @ Yesterday at 11:55 PM

Fear that the wrong people will find out. Fear of what friends I will have left after everyone knows. Fear of being loved, and being too emotionally close to anyone. Fear that my kids would probably reject me if they ever found out. Fear of being alo
Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Animal are awesome by iaccus @ Yesterday at 09:29 PM

The right animal can make all the difference in your life! Service dogs are amazing. Don't mean to be a broken record here but if you happen to be a veteran and could use a service dog I urge you to check out this post...... http://www.discussion.m
Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Animal are awesome by manipulated @ Yesterday at 09:15 PM

Not sure I would have survived the past four years without my Border Collie. Paid more for her care when she was hit by a truck than to the Obstetrician that delivered my kids and doubled that in the divorce to get the wife off the week on week off d
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Symptoms of PTSD by Esterio @ Yesterday at 08:49 PM

Hi there SDD757 I was diagnosed PTSD almost 20 years ago now showing most of those symptoms. Last February they changed that and now say I suffer from Complex PTSD. As is I have suffered many different trauma's over a prolonged period of time I t
Progress
Jump to new posts Re: Milestone by manipulated @ Yesterday at 06:56 PM

Thanks Ceremony
Jump to new posts Re: Music influnces, songs and talk. by Ceremony @ Yesterday at 06:52 PM

It's like Chester is just settling, a brother survivor, and now Dolores, again, whom I only learned after, is one of us. It gets to me, it really gets to me, that I've listened for decades, and not known. What that means for me, is hearing songs' tru
Jump to new posts Re: Music influnces, songs and talk. by Ceremony @ Yesterday at 06:28 PM

It's been a few days, and there's so much going on, I wanted to say how much I cared. I will miss Delores O'riordan, one of us, a survivor. I'll miss the Cranberries. She became a deep part of what I listen too. This one always caught me, and I didn'
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: How do you know when your are healed? by Ceremony @ Yesterday at 06:13 PM

Amen brother darkempathy: Quote:One thing I realized though is one of the nastiest effects of csa is self doubt. This is a good thread to reread. I recall early, last year sometime, the Recovery word vs or in conjunction with the Healing word. I ha
Progress
Jump to new posts Re: Milestone by Ceremony @ Yesterday at 06:02 PM

MeToo! I think the current climate disturbs at so many levels, I can understand why it can get to any of us. I wish we could just talk for hours and hours about what's going on out there, what we see of it, how we process it, and realize what's worth
Progress
Jump to new posts Re: Milestone by manipulated @ Yesterday at 05:19 PM

Lol thanks Ceremony but maybe I crowed too soon. Really feeling down today. I don’t think it is the ex but it is the biggest issue lately. But maybe it’s just my turn to feel down.
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: what do you fear the most? by mdsmith @ Yesterday at 04:26 PM

I have just this week realized that I fear people not believing me. And not just about abuse but anything. I am scared that regardless of what is the reality or truth of the matter, they won't believe me.
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: How do you know when your are healed? by dark empathy @ Yesterday at 04:20 PM

Myself, I don't know about "healed!" I know that I am better than I was, which is about all I can really say. one thing Lwx is I've asked this question myself. Am I just being self indulgent, am I being stuck, are my issues really! just
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: what do you fear the most? by Sterling @ Yesterday at 04:16 PM

KMVINCA said : " and loose all I have gained on this journey to heal. I truly never want to return to that place in my life." I feel the same way. Thanks. And Thanks Tom ; I never pee next to other men , unless there is that wall / div

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.