Newest Members
chairdesklamp, Bill Ohio USA, jez, Long Way Home, Bcbornleo
13595 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Andrew (67), andrew-almost52 (67), andrew51 (67), James35 (51), jmr2191 (27), Ower (53), steve-o (61), TOM2 (36)
Who's Online
2 registered (UniversalBeing, 1 invisible), 54 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
13,595 Registered Members
75 Forums
70,700 Topics
493,763 Posts

Most users ever online: 418 @ 07/02/12 11:29 AM
Twitter
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts This Phrasing Used in Recovery, What Does It Mean? by chairdesklamp @ 52 minutes 15 seconds ago

Since my non-native language is not associated with white people, I have met up to and including severe, frequent physical violence including physical violence by teachers in high school for not being better than native English speakers at English. I
U.S. & World News
Jump to new posts Re: Does Google want to hide paedophilia? by chairdesklamp @ Today at 03:25 AM

I know why. Better late than never. Something similart happened with the final shelter I worked in (where they had me committed as revenge when I stood up against them encouraging white and Black residents to make Asian ones, including the pregnant
U.S. & World News
Jump to new posts Re: Does the leopard change its spots? by chairdesklamp @ Today at 02:49 AM

You know, I was just thinking yesterday, and as someone whose beliefs don't 100% line up with Catholicism (it's mostly the origins of Jesus--bit too legend-y for me) but was fully inducted as a Catholic, I really liked where Pope Francis was going wh
Classifieds
Jump to new posts Support Group in LA Metro Area? by chairdesklamp @ Today at 02:36 AM

Is there one? If not, not only could I use one, I was in social work for many years. Even today, I gravitated most often toward forums where a person was asking something and directing them to some sort of resources could help (where this is your en
Classifieds
Jump to new posts Re: Need a hug by chairdesklamp @ Today at 02:25 AM

Unfortunately, you're almosst exactly halfway across the country, but I wanted to say, even if it's on a semi-anonymous BBS, you continue to be as brave as when you served--I do not know how to ask for hugs from people. There's a real thing out there
Gay/Bi/Trans Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Out by chairdesklamp @ Yesterday at 10:58 PM

With all the stories now-a-days about people coming out of the closet at age 5, it's easy to forget it wasn't so easy to figure out in our time--I came out (sorta) as bi in the 90s, but I didn't know I could genuinely transition to being male until a
Gay/Bi/Trans Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Trans/Gender issues by chairdesklamp @ Yesterday at 10:34 PM

Originally Posted By SDD757 I've wanted to be female as long as I can remember. I think before the abuse; but I'm not sure. I'm trans male. I only came out in my thirties. Recently. I'm still in my thirties. But I can say the same thing about being
Poetry
Jump to new posts Re: The Tree (Trigger warning!!) by 2Bnormal51 @ Yesterday at 10:31 PM

Beautiful yet sad, very similar to the "Fig Tree", it was green with leaves and growth, but it produced no figs........so it was in a way useless. But if I may share, soon as I saw the word Trees, it drew me. You see Trees and the fore
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Seeing my abuser again. (POSSIBLE TRIGGER) by 2Bnormal51 @ Yesterday at 10:17 PM

Noah, wow.....at least you had the courage to bring it up, and look what happened?! He fled! That is a sure sign it is on his conscience! One point I would like to make, my mother was the abuser and others. Still is still alive, but she was a produ
Introductions
Jump to new posts Re: Hi (Wow, creative title--not) by chairdesklamp @ Yesterday at 10:10 PM

I found a Music thread. This is one of my favourite topics. Thanks., I needed that.
Books, Music & Films for Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Music influnces, songs and talk. by chairdesklamp @ Yesterday at 09:33 PM

Bowie's a racist creep who wrote "China Girl" because a Vietnamese woman dared to not bow to his white power subjugation fetish against Asians. That same fetish is the bulk of ~25 years' abuse at multiple hands for me. Here are some I like
Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: i dont love you. by Sterling @ Yesterday at 09:20 PM

boundaries. angery .ahte mhungry I need him. or her. they took her . she iwnt theat I hate it that I have no place to go....but.... I like not knowing what waits. alone....anger.....dejected ....alone....talk....reject other guys....so then it sh
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Symptoms of PTSD by chairdesklamp @ Yesterday at 08:30 PM

Don't forget also general short-term memory encoding failure. I also have it worsened from a concussion one of my abusers caused, but memory encoding failure (excessive "forgetfulness") can be caused by PTSD, too. I have most all of those,
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: what do you fear the most? by chairdesklamp @ Yesterday at 08:26 PM

Considering that all partners and family since my dad died have been abusive to me, I'm probably gonna live out spending the rest of my life and dying alone. Other than that, my cousin (on the white side, dating a white nationalist, who both use my
Sexual Identity Issues
Jump to new posts Re: Disturbing sexual images in workplace (trigger) by Searching13 @ Yesterday at 04:03 PM

HI Yes I've talked to my therapist about this. Though discussion it is linked to my brain being wired to be stimulated from my CSA, I've never become physically aroused by these thoughts.
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Dealing with memories by KMCINVA @ Yesterday at 03:40 PM

SMC1972 I am sorry for what you are going through. Memories can haunt us, can control and take over our lives. What happens with CSA is horrific and our minds as children cannot comprehend or process. As we age and the memories take over, we strugg
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Derogatory nicknames (*triggers*) by smc1972 @ Yesterday at 02:37 PM

For me my parents never used mean names. But they did use names that were tied to the sex. When I was younger it was “boy” or my moms favorite was “baby boy”. Then once I was in puberty which was a big deal it became “little man” and “h
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Sexual Wellbeing by KMCINVA @ Yesterday at 02:29 PM

Wow impact was great for me. My abuse was behind a big brown door. That door haunted me for a lifetime. I would wake with nightmares as it opened leading me to the den of abuse. Over the years and I am forever grateful to the people, taught me the

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.